It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another Larry King Live UFO show this Friday (July, 18) on CNN!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I don't watch CNN, so I miss Larry King. But my mother called me and I caught the tail end of the show. I've watched the entire show on the website, and took a few notes. I really think disclosure is close. Now I'm wondering how this entire bashing of Larry King, who was an unkown to me, every started. It was a really good show, with extremely good selection of participants, especially in the first part. And for once "Science" didn't appear quite as Scientific as it should, and more obviously a cover up.

In the first part concerning the ufos disabling warheads, Bill (the scientist) who admitted the sightings of military staff were real, and that the sighting just prior to 10 warheads malfunctioning (which never happens) was a very strange coincidence, (and though the craft was seen very low and very close to the personal who saw up), and though he was quickly informed about numerous other cases, with many witnesses to craft, he claims these coincidences being consider et are not science. "in science thats not evidence". Science is a method of enquiry, so its seems he's mixing up science with credo. Naturally, science would wish to investigate many coincidences as an inquiry into their nature. What I recognize in his wording is a meme, an attempt to trigger the glazed eyed knee jerk response to ignore all evidence and continue your business.

And later,
"it is Bill's contention that yes, people have sighted things, yes there are reports, but we don't know there are unidentified flying objects from other planets."

In other words, when we see or witness anything, we are not to think with our own minds, or make sense of the natural world (though this our nature) but instead like very small children, should wait until our superiors (ie. government or years later science reaches a conclusion) Our minds are imcompetent. Our judgments invalid, unless they say it.

"as we say in science, the simplest explanatio is often the best one" bill again. Well if your looking at a disc and advanced maneuvres the simplest explanation is that ets are aboard. It takes mental acrobatics and strange aerial maneuvres with the mind to twist it into non-obvious ideas.

His argument was that due to some declassified cia documents, which he couldnt refute, that this belief that many people have that government is hiding ufo info is due to the government inadvertantly releasing false information.

I absolutely loved this line in the show from another clip: I love this line : the government claimed this event never happened. Who are you going to believe? Your lying eyes, or the government.

Later, over a thousand people in Arizona witnesses a mile long boomerang craft flying very lowly over the houses that you could have hit with a rock, even the governor of arizona(a pilot and a former captain in the airforce) saw the huge, low flying boomerang craft. Bill said "flares". The time was apparently wrong for the flares though.

Really credible show. "Psuedo-Science" looked kind of like a cover job. I say psuedo, because real science is cool,not stupid.

What would you do if you saw one of these things:
"First of all i would take a picture of it, a good one." Bill

I've seen many good pictures and films, some nasa, some citizens. Every time, someone tries to debunk it. What he just said there is a meme to make kneejerk debunking of all evidence. Its done all the time on this forum, and others.

Now while I was watching it when the retrieved craft and bodies of et were mentioned briefly, I had a sudden thought about the entire negative et thing that is associated with underground bases and our shadow people. If our cloning is as advanced as disclosures have said, then we probably cloned our own ets from the downed personnel of the crafts.
But the actual ets, the ones with advance technology that disable our warheads, and kidnap people, but do not harm them, and tell them to look after mother earth, seem to the ones our governments are cautious about.

The poll, informal, but quite large, showed over 3000 respondents, 89% believed that the government was hiding ufo information from the public. I don't think theres as many sheeples as people contend.

The show:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Does anyone think its weird that for once the whole thing was done in a serious fashion bar the fact that Bill was on the panel. Now one has to ask serious questions why Bill was on the panel.
Is it because of his popularity and would appeal to a certain target audience? And even though he is a skeptic, they knew he wouldnt stand a chance against these guys which in turn would mean the audience would be more likely to believe what they are been told. Disclosure of some shape or form.
Or is it that they thought, by having him on the show that it would make of the whole field of ufology seem as far fetched as they usually do and it backfired in their faces.
Anyone have any more ideas on this one??

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I think of the sudden losses of NASA researchers Graham Birdsall, and Jeff Challender,
both of sudden Heart and brain attacks. Not to mention Dr. Mack in London, run over in a crosswalk! and Karla Turner, and.........god bless them all.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I've stayed up till 2.00am for the past 3 Friday nights now to watch Larry King, Because i'm in the UK.

Firstly i gotta say the amount of ad-breaks is crazy....How much of an hour is actually the Larry King show

Now about last nights show, I couldn't understand at first why Seth Shostak was put on to debunk UFO's.....Especially when as part of SETI he is listening for proof of ET's.

Then it dawned on me, The amount of money put into SETI probably gives old Seth and his co-workers a good wage....So if ET's were proven to exist then clearly SETI becomes obsolete for not being able to pick up on them.

So i don't think its in Seth's or anyone else working for SETI interests to have ET's turn up and put them out of a job.

But your right about that Bill Nye chap, I think its gonna take a UFO to land on his head before he admits they're real.

Just my 2p worth

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Seth Shostak is so obviously a paid disinformant. He didn't add anything to the show either. It was a worthy show, and on CNN, so I'm sure many more will be researching the whole et/ufo business.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Laughing at UFOs. That is the "only" goal of Larry King. Even Martyn Stubbs and
David Sereda cann't get their NASA UFO calls through to CNN when the phones are open for UFO questions.(from Stubbs at tbln.com) So no serious stuff...just entertainment!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This show was pretty serious, with some good credible information given. Laughing about ufos is another meme, I'm afraid, but for a change this show didn't do that.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I did watch the show and what I think is that Bill Nye is simply a strict "scientific method" supporter. Therefore NOTHING can be assumed. Not even if you have mounds of evidence. Evidence is NOT proof.

He doesn't bother me too much. I was surprised how defensive one of the other guys got, though. Pretty funny. He was calling Bill Nye "pal". "Listen, pal."

I don't know how people believe that we are alone in the Universe, but still, I haven't seen proof. Looking forward to when I do, though.

It was a good show.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
After Larry read my email question "Eric from Atlanta" one of the guys said he thought a scientific pannel should be set up and Larry said "I agree".

I've never heard Larry give an opinion about UFOs until then. Thought I'd point that out in case you missed it or don't remember, watch it again on youtube or where ever you can find it.

Also, SETI is searching for ET radio signals.

Wasting millions of dollars (I don't care "how" they get them) assuming ETs use radio waves. What a joke.

Bill Nye The So-Called Science Guy has done little if any real UFO research. All he does is make broad non-fact based comments which are always negative and skeptical which is OK, I just wish Larry didn't always have a lame person like Bill Nye and Seth on every UFO show he does. They waste time.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
After Larry read my email question "Eric from Atlanta" one of the guys said he thought a scientific pannel should be set up and Larry said "I agree".

I was almost certain one of the emails would be from an ATS member.

Also, the Bobs offered to share transcripts of people ten years after they had actually seen UFOs - they wanted to get the info out there and said anyone can contact them. I assumed someone from ATS would contact them.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I did watch the show and what I think is that Bill Nye is simply a strict "scientific method" supporter. Therefore NOTHING can be assumed. Not even if you have mounds of evidence. Evidence is NOT proof.

He doesn't bother me too much. I was surprised how defensive one of the other guys got, though. Pretty funny. He was calling Bill Nye "pal". "Listen, pal."

I don't know how people believe that we are alone in the Universe, but still, I haven't seen proof. Looking forward to when I do, though.

It was a good show.
That guy I believe who called Bill "pal" was really insulted. He even told Bill back in 1964 he was still figuring out what a girl was. I thought Bill was going to attack the guy. The air force official was from Vandenberg.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I didn't watch the show at all, but I have seen UFOs and little hominus creatures that most likely pilot them.

So... hey I guess witness testimony just isn't worth anything anymore. Let's just bar all witnesses from trials of serious crimes from now on. It's not evidence. Neither are pictures. Neither are videos. DENIAL! Jesus get over yourselves.

No offense, but you don't know how ridiculous it sounds. The same people going "nope, not good enough" over and over again. Why? Because they know this is a world changing event, and they just secretly, maybe unbeknownst to even themselves, don't want the world to change because they've got it good right now, and heaven forbid you have a weird human in your holiest of presences, let alone an intelligent creature from another planet.

Who wants to chop the visitors into pieces first? The hillbillies or the scientific methodists. Can't be sure it's not an advanced robotic Muppet until you kill it, can you?

I'm afraid FOR the aliens, to be honest with you.

Aww Bill Nye the Science Guy is debunking aliens? Man, that guy is so entertaining, I wish he wasn't a gov't mouthpiece.

EDIT:

This was directed at the mainstream, not anyone here.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by dunwichwitch]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
Jesus get over yourselves.

Just kidding.
Seriously, who are you talking to? If it IS me, I was just explaining where Bill Nye is coming from. I definitely believe in intelligent extraterrestrial life, so no need to jump all over me. But speaking in strict scientific terms, testimony is NOT proof, it's hearsay. And evidence is NOT proof.

I think more than being afraid for the world to change, the strictly scientific types are simply uber-skeptical. And that's ok. If you got them drunk, they'd probably admit that they DO believe, but their scientific mindset keeps them from admitting it in public.

No offense, but you don't know how ridiculous it sounds.

You're not going to call me "pal" are you?

EDIT:

This was directed at the mainstream, not anyone here.

Ah. Ok, then.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Proof is utterly intangible. If it were possible to corner a skeptic with proof. They'd pull the Matrix card. As in, how do I know I'm even real, I cannot vouch for the authenticity of the proof in front of me.

Somewhere along the line people got confused and started acting like proof of aliens is even important. It's the holy grail of ufology, and anyone on this site asking for some is just trying to score points.

When evidence is 99% sure, we can fill the other 1% with common sense surely.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
For once a very intelligent show. Larry King was a good monitor and did not let things get out of hand, reminding the guests not to talk over each other. The first half was great! Real witnesses who actually SAW something tell of what they saw. The PHD who was stationed at Vandenburg AFB would not be called in by a superior to watch a flying saucer attack the missile if it was one of ours. This is an incredible story along with the 10 missiles in that flight going off line at once. That does NOT happen (I worked in the missile field).
The second half was good, but it should of been Stanton vs the SETI spokesman. I had thought the Phoenix sightings were just the flares until corrected that there was a giant V flying silently earlier that day. Bill Nye should stick to his day job as they should get the head of the Skeptical Inquirer to be the other view.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Strictly speaking:

-Evidence is not "Proof". Evidence is a "fact", or a collection of "facts" indicating a "Probability" (though not a certainty, which would be "Proof").

-Witness "testimony" is not "evidence", nor is it "hearsay". Witness testimony is (expected to be) the truthful re-accounting of an event as experienced, first-handedly, by the testifying individual, the "witness".

Hearsay, in this context, would be the, at least, second-hand re-telling of a witnessed event.

As to Mr. Nye's (and other debunkers) employment of the currently popular "They may have seen something, something They couldn't explain, but that doesn't mean (or is Proof) that it was (Alien, ET, etc...) from Outer Space" rhetoric;

it's just a rather desperate, "last ditch" debating tactic.

A debator, on the losing side of an arguement is likely to employ such a tactic with the hope that his/her opponent, percieving the linguistically "masked" refutation of the premise that the "event" ever occured, will seek to refute the assertion, in kind, by utilizing the debunkers same terminology (ie.: Aliens, ET's, etc.),

And thus be maneuvered into the untenable position of having to prove the existence of "Aliens", (a fact "not in evidence", and not germaine to the core arguement) rather than the core arguement, ie.:

"My opponent claims Aliens from space were flying around those missles, yet he cannot show any evidence that aliens from space even exist.

Therefore, how can he claim that there was Anything flying around those missles?"

It sounds rational and convincing to the untrained, uncritical, ear.

But, in reality, it is merely a rhetorical tactic based on "Smoke and Mirrors".

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Skeptics can not be bullied, reasoned with, or negotiated with.They always have all the answers and explanations for a UFO sighting. (think Swamp Gas)! This is the familiar stereotype!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I saw this show last night and I have to admit it was really good. The skeptics at hand Nye and Shostak are symbols of current science reasoning and understanding. The X-Gov worker’s put these scientists conventional knowledge to test when they brought their arguments and paper work, which made their cases more verifiable. In my opinion, the skeptics seemed desperate and were once again made to look childish and dwarfed when talking about the subject of UFOs. The x-Government workers had their A-game and simply brought the subject into a professional way. The skeptics had a hard time trying to "debunk" anything because these are not nuts CNN decided to pick out from the streets.

I actually kinda felt bad for Bill Nye when he tried to down talk to the members of the panel, they ripped him to pieces. The only argument that Bill had was "they could not be alien" but he never studied the cases and did not bring a shred of evidence (not even counter paperwork) to make the claim that the UFOs did not shut down the missiles. He only brought the theory that he doubts that it was an aliens that came from another planet to do it. He never brought any evidence, simply he said so. On the other hand the X-Gov people brought some paper work and quotes from high ranking officials that indicate to contrary. And all Bill could debunk were some of the blanked out names and addresses. Lol...

So basically, Nye and Shostack did not know what hit them, they thought that these cases were as easy to debunk as the regular populous cases; and they were dead wrong.

Skeptics are funny, now they change their tone and are the biggest flip floppers. First they say that UFOs are not real, that they are the product of swamp gas, Venus, Inversions etc, etc. And now, because we have credible people who witness incredible events, they now change their position and say, yes UFOs are real, but they are probably US secret planes? I ask these suckers; make up your mind already, are they real or not?

[edit on 19-7-2008 by The Coward]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
i saw the show last night and thought it was alright

i mostly agreed with bill nye, on the reason, that anything UFO doesnt mean that it is alien operated

thats what he was going with all along

he didnt seem to dispute the fact of craft like that existing, he was disputing that not all of those are alien

i agree with that completely. i think alot of sightings my be human operated and made machines

i do how ever also believe that aliens exist, until PROVEN mass sightings or disclosure

we can safely say that not all UFO are of alien nature

its amazing how much television time this subject is getting recently

i think its kinda cool

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join