It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another Larry King Live UFO show this Friday (July, 18) on CNN!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwatcher
reply to post by ufo reality

is their an underlying agenda??

SW, there is ALWAYS an underlying agenda...especially when the MSM is involved.

Who is Bill Nye working for?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
This show just reminded me why I liked Beakmans World more then Bill Nye The So Called Science Guy!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

In my opinion if your going to get a debunker than get a man who as at least equally spent the time on the subject matter.

Bill nye has not.

Besides Im at the point where I beileve and we need to take this "business" into consideration as a number one priority. It has global ramifications. Wether it be our own or of E.T. origin it's our entitlement to know. Im sick of knowing the technology thats been suppressed, the patents bought and paid for then buried. The inventors and scientists killed and murdered for bringing about new ways of unsuppressing our labour, and enlighting our lives with more freedoms from such technologies. These sinister groups of power mongers thrive on us paying daily with mass labour and footing thier bills. There is abosulely no need imo.

You would think with all these advancements in our sciences and techonology it would alleviate our work hours and make for a cheaper costs. No they extort us. And majority retire broke relying on the government. The one who hides such technologies that would make them loose thier power.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

yes with main stream media they don't care what is real, what is fake, what is true, what is false, what is blue, what is grey and so on

Just as long as the bills are paid.

Create a trainwreck on television and you have a larger audience than you would on the freeway.

Everyone stops to look at a trainwreck.

Budwieser, Fruitloops, cheerios, charmin, Ford, Chevy, and so on. They all love a train wreck and will pay to acknowledge it.
And if all goes well, they will help create another one.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodshipForAll
reply to post by Quazga

In my opinion if your going to get a debunker than get a man who as at least equally spent the time on the subject matter.

Bill nye has not.

Besides Im at the point where I beileve and we need to take this "business" into consideration as a number one priority. It has global ramifications. Wether it be our own or of E.T. origin it's our entitlement to know. Im sick of knowing the technology thats been suppressed, the patents bought and paid for then buried. The inventors and scientists killed and murdered for bringing about new ways of unsuppressing our labour, and enlighting our lives with more freedoms from such technologies. These sinister groups of power mongers thrive on us paying daily with mass labour and footing thier bills. There is abosulely no need imo.

You would think with all these advancements in our sciences and techonology it would alleviate our work hours and make for a cheaper costs. No they extort us. And majority retire broke relying on the government. The one who hides such technologies that would make them loose thier power.

I agree. I don't know, all I kept thinking was..."really, Bill Nye? Is that the best they can do? Really?"

I am not putting him down, my kids like him. I just think the entire show was very....superficial. Bill was so "sure" that he was right, and that bothers me. I don't claim to know, but I am humble enough to say "I don't know". I wish more people, especially those that are being interviewed, and on both sides, would be willing to say, I just don't know.....

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
It looks like this is the beggining of declassification if you ask me, notice how larry keeps saying about the pole to vote on if you believe e.t.s are real? This is a trick I learned about it psychology, if you want to know something about someone you just ask. How much do you want to be they are going to use the information to gauge if people are ready to know yet or not.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
If disclosure were to come there would be consequences that we may not anticipate. Panic would ensue in a significant portion of the public because they would realize that they had been lied to for over 60 years. Some would accept as fact the tall tales and scary stories of alien abduction etc whether it was true or not. Denial by the governments of such cases would be met with scepticism because of the previous history of lies and disinformation by governments. People would be inclined to believe all manner of tall tales about aliens no matter how far fetched. Once the genie is out of the bottle, it would be near impossible to put back in. I can't see the governments ever coming out with full public disclosure because of this very senario. Rather what I see happening is a gradual release of information to responsible individuals in the scientific community who could then inform the public in a manner so as not to create panic in the populace.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I didn't watch the show, but I guess Bill Nye was a guest? That left me with a WTF moment. Really... Bill Nye? Why!

Come on!

Oh well.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Xilvius

I am sure you are suggesting how much do you want to bet by your type error.

Nothing.

Polls have been going on for years.

how much will you be that they will keep milking this over and over. The media coverage so far as been like a car in neutral going downhill.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I think its pretty obvious that something is huge coming either through a major disclosure of something that has aleady happened or, the senario that i think is more likley, that we are being prepared for something that is likley to happen in the future. I think that something is comming as they must be releasing this information for a reason because if they didnt know something big was comming they might aswell keep it secret.

I enterview a contact on May, he says that the CFR iluminatti will build a fictional war against Aliens. In this Movie War we willl have holographics ships, and real ones, battle each other, the greys will help CFR with this stuff

This is for to make the need and legitimate One Goverment One Economic Policy One Philosofic kindmind and way of life for the world.

Some little countries will be disagree with this idea and the world will be burn them.

Sorry but is the future nothing can we make only pray for our souls... I live in a country that will be oposse to that idea...and you will burn us too...

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Seeing Bill Nye getting owned was priceless

But it was kinda one sided, for starters I don't really think he has that much real crediblity. As skeptics go that guy looks like a pure whacko with his bow tie etc. I would have preferred to see a credible skeptic on there. One sided fights aren't going to convince the public of anything.

Then again it's pretty difficult to debunk these guys, and I guess that's supposed to be the point. There was a point though where they almost managed to agree with each other, since Bill Nye is only saying "You can't say its definitely aliens" Which is absolutely correct, all he is saying is that nobody can say what it was. And nobody there was claiming it was aliens, they were just saying they don't know what it was either.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by lovepens1

Sure make a crack at my form, i might present myself in a semi-sloppy manner, but it just makes it easier to get my point across.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Xilvius

no crack

just seeking clarity. don't read to much into it.

I did answer your question truthfully.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by unnamedninja

Bill Nye got owned? Hmmm... I must've missed that.

What I saw was a guy with a Mechanical Engineering degree, a career that includes working for Boeing, a professor at Cornell who has helped develop a color calibration instrument that's on the Mars rover and by all accounts a legitimate scientist attempt to make a fundamental point about the process of inference and deduction and being shouted down by a group of conspiracy nuts who wouldn't even allow him to say that each case need be looked at separately rather than lumped together. He was greeted by Dr. David Jacobs with this line: "Do you mind of I speak, Mr. Comedian?" (when in fact, it was the other three panelists and Old Larry who were drowning him out. Better still, Jacobs, a University professor in the Liberal Arts department, fired a few more salvos as he "owned" Nye:

- "So come on, Mr. Skeptic, how about it?"
- "Are you going to do this with baking soda and vinegar, Bill?"

The latter comment came after Nye made this obviously disturbing statement: "Well, my conclusion is that something happened that you don't know what it was. And I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with another aspect of military testing in the sky that night. And it's a much more reasonable explanation..."

Wow... I can see how Jacobs took offense. After all, he was all-too quick to mention that he was a Phd (in History, which he did NOT mention) and that he SAW something.

Oooh!

Jacobs is a tool. He reminds me of a philosophy prof I interviewed as a journalism student in the 80's who believed in "psychic surgery" because he had, in fact (like Mr. Jacobs, supposedly) witnessed it with his own eyes. Psychic surgery has been debunked widely by any and all credible medical and scientific scholars... not to mention that it's been reproduced by magicians and performers, including "Mind Freak" and illusionist Criss Angel.

UFO - yes. There are and have been objects in the sky for which there is no concrete explanation. But the whackos assertion that alien life has and continues to visit our planet (never in New York, LA, London or smack-dab in the middle of an NFL football game)? Bunk.

And that's all Nye was saying before he was gang-drowned by a total of 5 idiots with the same motivation: promote their own personal commercial enterprise.

Nye had more credibility in his drowned-out statements than the other 5 clowns put together.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodshipForAll
reply to post by Quazga

Bill nye has not.

Yeah true that. I've heard of skeptical debunkers investigating ufos. Any of them who spend a significant amount of time investigating just end up changing sides to become a believer, some even become ufologists. Perhaps that's why Mr Nye doesn't want to do his homework.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by unnamedninja]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Show was decent but James Fox got on my nerves bigtime by cutting off Friedman on a few occasion's. One in particular when Stanton was discussing the possibilities why they have not made contact. He stated he don't talk to his squirrels in his backyard
then mentioned quarantine and added to it before being cut off by Fox... "lets not speculate, lets focus on the facts." Well, we know they are here observing us(fact), so all we can do now is to "speculate" as to why. I really think Stanton was getting somewhere before being cut off, almost as if it were purposely done. Even Bill Nye was quiet listening.

I for one believe Friedman is correct, we are being quarantined/observed as if a controled experiment. It only makes sense, we would do the same. And once we all come together as a species, hate to say it but a world government with peace and prosperity instead of war and corruption, then maybe we can move foward to the next level of contact.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Talk about a been there and done that feeling watching last night's same old, same old.
More Stanton F., more of the same filmmaker and more Bill Nye, the Seattle comedy
Guy.What is with Larry King? There are more interesting things about UFOs right here at ATS ! But dear old Stanton keeps appearing...I think to re-establish the "old" UFO narrative and Bill Nye is known to little kids, so he'll be their 20 year long official
Skeptic. Larry King gave Nye, the title of king of the world of some skeptic tank out there. When King did the Denver alien in the window story, CNN had a fake creation to
show! On ATS it was posted (with time code) and was the actual footage! Real or not.
So who would bother any more watching the fake set- up and and non factual CNN. Well I still do and thus this comment. Somebody has to keep an eye on the latest CNN/FOX
agreement to always now feature the great Bill Nye and his new tie.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
LOVEPENS -
you seem to have an underlying issue with the op, regarding his threads etc. If the guy says it was his email and he was on hold before he disconnected by accident, what difference does it make to anything??? How will these "lie's" benefit the op at all in any way? I do not like the way you attacked him for something so simple and insignificant, people like you really grinds my gears. Just because someone doesnt have proof DOES NOT MEAN they are lying. And you even suggesting that he should have posted his email before hand is laughable. What happened to the days when someones WORD was good enough. Unless of course the persons character is in question.
All Im saying is there has never be 100% proof of anything discussed on the topics of Ufo's, OP having sent an email to larry king! etc etc
Only first hand witnesses who we will have to take their WORD on the events. So my First Question I ask myself is why would they lie, what possible reason could they have for lying, then i make up my mind quite easily about whether or not i believe what they are saying.
Its easy you should try it!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The men representing the pro side of this argument were more believable than Bill Nye. You could also tell that they're getting sick and tired of being kicked around by "skeptics". It really is time for the charade to end and for all the people who've been kicked over the years to be exonerated.

What disturbed me was that, from the sound of it, the entire matter is under civilian control of some type. I've heard this alluded to before.

Has anyone started digging into who Eisenhower handed things over to? We should be looking at the military angle, yes, but closer scrutiny of the private sector connections should be a priority. I'm talking right down to the dots on the "I's" and the crosses on the "T's".

We need to regain control of what we are paying for with our taxes. There's nothing illegal about that.

On a side note, this explains, to me anyway, why it's been so easy to snuff the high-profile people who've spoken about this issue - Schneider, Cooper, et al. I don't know who's telling the truth and who isn't, but I do know there are one hell of a lot of unexplained deaths of people who happen to have the most interesting information. It also gets me thinking about the weird deaths of so many of our scientists, but that's another thread in itself.

Private industry with the government in its pocket; what better killing machine can there be? You get the best people to do the wet work and then there are thousands of worker bees to cover the tracks - make paperwork, fake paperwork, take paperwork, clean, wash/wax the Buick so there's nary a drip, whatever.

Coincidence, my buttocks. It embarrasses me that our government has been telling us all these years how corrupt other governments are when, in fact, the US Government is probably the worst offender of them all. They just close the drapes before they screw us.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I enjoyed the program. It offered a refreshing break from the political
follies, Angelina's twins and "Prairie Wear".

My wife is not into UFO's and thinks I am a "Couple Tacos Short of a Combo Meal" for being obsessive about them. However, she adores Larry King and we watched the entire program together in its entirety.

I assume there are others like her, so at least it opened some eyes to a topic that would otherwise get little credible attention.

When Bill Nye mentioned that it used to be an "inside joke" among News Photographers to go film a car wreck and now due to surveillance cameras, we see them frequently, it made me realize he has not seen the hundreds / thousands of unexplained UFO surveillance videos.

My take away.......Absence of Proof is not Proof of Absence.

regards.........kk

[edit on 19-7-2008 by kinda kurious]

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join