It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge a book (or a member) by its cover

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

Disclaimer; I really suck at this, but I want to try and see if I can get ANYTHING right at all.

30's, female, brown hair, longish, feminine, (likes to dress nicely), urban lifestyle? Enjoys movies, culture, art, etc.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
If you dont mind, could you do me too, Queen? Seagrass already did a fantastic job on attributes, but she didnt do the physical traits the way you are, and I am curious as to how close someone can guess those. I absolutely am unable to come up with a visual image of you guys. It amazes me that anyone can. I get a "feel" for a person, their emotional state and motives mostly, but it has nothing at all to do with their looks. I am always wrong when I guess.

The thing is, I do not control what kind of information comes to me. What I see now concentrating on your screen name is a guy in his twenties (Charley Chaplin comes to my mind also for some reason) looking at the floor. He is blond and kind of chubby. His hands are in his pockets. He does not feel like he belongs, but that is more in his head then in reality. Though his family does not pay him that much attention.

Now I have no idea if this is you, somebody you know or mayne somebody you saw in a movie.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

Even though I am tired, I will try it. The first thing I thought was "wahat you see is not what you get". And then I saw this cage with mice in a lab like environment. There is nobody else there or maybe inded there is, somebody leaning against a long desk that is attached to the wall (and containing lab kind of objects). It is a she I think and she is wondering what she is doing there. This persons works there.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueenofWeird
Now I have no idea if this is you, somebody you know or mayne somebody you saw in a movie.

It seems to be an interesting blend.
Some of it is pretty crazy though, consider;

Charlie Chaplin and I have the same birthday.

I was raised in foster care, and still carry a little of that "outsider" feeling with me.

The young guy part I am not certain. I will have to think about that one, I am female and 41.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Did anyone try to do you Queen? I dont want you to be left out. I suck though. So try not to laugh too hard.

I see glasses, shortish hair. Kind of light and either silver-ish or an ash blond. I see a kitchen table and a lot of books and stuff on a shelf kind of disorganized in the background. On the low end of medium height, 5'4"?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Mmmm, interesting indeed
For some reason I have to think about my neighbour who is called Vincent (he is also in his twenties). I have the feeling the blond guy is a family member of yours (which you might not know since you have been raised by foster parents).

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I think we all do this to a certain degree. See the words, see the avvy, equate that with what you think the person is. 2 problems with that. 1 people change. Well, some do. 2 the Net give anonimity to people and they can be who they "want to be." There's a thread on this here.

Basically, the "cover" is much less important than the story. Take some time to read. There's a member or two out there that you KNOW what they're going to post on a given subject and guess what? YOU'RE WRONG. And you got a choice piece of info from someone you never thought you would have.

Dish the "cover". Learn something.

What I think about you Karl? I think you're a "thinker". That's not a joke.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Did anyone try to do you Queen? I dont want you to be left out. I suck though. So try not to laugh too hard.

I see glasses, shortish hair. Kind of light and either silver-ish or an ash blond. I see a kitchen table and a lot of books and stuff on a shelf kind of disorganized in the background. On the low end of medium height, 5'4"?

Actually I am wearing my glasses right now and I have my hair up (it is long and light brown). No kitchen table but indeed lots of books disorganized in and around (on the floor) my book case.

I am 5'5".

So see, you do not suck that bad at all!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot
......Oooh! Someone do me too! Tell me whatcha think!

- Carrot

I like yours. It reminds me of the secret members only red-cushion smoking-lounge-club somewhere in paris. It doesnt tell me much about you though except the usual pop-psychology trite which I wont go into here.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Illusionsaregrander

Close.. I am a female, my natural hair is brown (it WAS long), I actually just cut and dyed it recently. Short and Red now. I do dress nicely - I work in a classy environment, mostly skirts, dressy tops, & high heels. However, I am not 30.
I'm younger than 30, I am a University Student and I do live in a City (8 months of the year).

QueenofWeird

In terms of wondering what I am doing here (at my work) You are correct - i am wondering what I am still doing here. I work at a Hotel (the same place I've worked for the past 4 summers...) Once I walked back through the doors, to my familiar desk, I realized - I need to make a change.

Skyfloating

The avi wasn't designed with me in mind. GEL designed it as a generic avitar, up-for-grabs kind of thing; which is why it doesn't accurately reflect me. The only thing I asked for on it was the Quote by Rene Descartes (as its one of my favorites regardless of it being cliche, and I am a Psych Major in University) and the nickname.

PS. Congrats on becoming a Mod

- Carrot

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I just joined, and don't have many posts - nor have studied enough by others to memorize each poster well enough - but since we all have a penchant for unconventional thinking, I would be interested if I give off anything from the name and avatar.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This thread looks interesting!

Can someone judge me solely based on my avatar? Please!

I'm anticipating a couple views on my avatar.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orion Crystal Ice
I just joined, and don't have many posts - nor have studied enough by others to memorize each poster well enough - but since we all have a penchant for unconventional thinking, I would be interested if I give off anything from the name and avatar.
well, I dunno, but the song Ice Ice Baby started playing in my head. I think you believe in UFO's with the term Orion in your user name. Male, twenties. Brown hair.??

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monsterenergy791

A snow skier all around outdoorsy type. Hyper. Young, possibly 20s, well off.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass

Actually I only skied one time in my life and it was fun
And I'm 17, pretty close I'd have to say, and I do have a lot of energy. But there's still a lot to me then that!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Thanks for the contribution.

What I think about you Karl? I think you're a "thinker".

Sometimes to my own detriment, as can be seen by my mood.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass

Actually I only skied one time in my life and it was fun
And I'm 17, pretty close I'd have to say, and I do have a lot of energy. But there's still a lot to me then that!
I was just going off your avi. Born in July of 1991, so a Cancer again. Momma's boy. lol just kidding, and I seem to have some kind of thing with dogs, so I will say you have a Golden Retriever. I need a nap.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Actually my dog is half German Shepard and half something else (I forget what else).

Your right I have a dog, but a lot of people do, so I'm saying your statement was just out of luck
It's not like your psychic, or is it? [kidding]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

reply to post by seagrass

Actually my dog is half German Shepard and half something else (I forget what else).

Your right I have a dog, but a lot of people do, so I'm saying your statement was just out of luck
It's not like your psychic, or is it? [kidding]
I'm not psychic, If you read back, I made lots of mistakes. And I don't know where my obsession with dogs is coming from, but I am sure it is only temporary. I think the other half of your dog is border collie. j/k Nice to meet you, and Happy Belated Birthday. I think you have an Apple computer.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Monsterenergy791

I so totally am not psychic, but I will give it a go.

I would say based on your Avatar that you are an independent thinker, and have a spiritual bent, even if it isnt channeled into religion atm. You care about what is right and wrong, and sincerely want to be a good person.

I would also guess that you are isolated somehow. Either you are an introvert, and enjoy time to yourself, or you hang out with a bunch of people but dont quite feel like they get you, or you differ quite a bit from your family.

You also seem pretty determined, and optimistic. You seem like the sort of person who sees the world fairly realistically, but has confidence that you will do ok in the end.

How did I do?

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join