It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge a book (or a member) by its cover

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
alright then... my avatar is my actual picture. nothing mysterious or symbolic, just me. thoughts on that ? what do you think about me based on my avatar? people who use their real picture? is that a bad idea? brand new, so feedback is appreciated

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
bump for the page turning glitch. I wanted to read the next post.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Well I think that posting your actual pic takes confidence and trust. You are putting yourself out there without regard for what people might think. That is admirable. Honest. I commend you. Welcome to ATS!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekingmyself
alright then... my avatar is my actual picture. nothing mysterious or symbolic, just me. thoughts on that ? what do you think about me based on my avatar? people who use their real picture? is that a bad idea? brand new, so feedback is appreciated

I think it means you're self-confident and can handle yourself well in any social situation. And if you can't, then there's always your boyfriend who can help out.

[edit on 7/29/2008 by Matrix1111]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
After almost 2 years on this site I finally have an avatar! Thanks to Ellipsis for the design and especially to JackInTheBox for taking the time to explain to a technoninny how to post it. Yeah! Does this mean I won't be invisible anymore?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
After almost 2 years on this site I finally have an avatar! Thanks to Ellipsis for the design and especially to JackInTheBox for taking the time to explain to a technoninny how to post it. Yeah! Does this mean I won't be invisible anymore?
Oh, congratulations, I love it. Very nice.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Thank you, thank you. *bows*.

It seems you CAN teach an old dog new tricks. Thanks JITB.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Matrix1111

lol. that makes me chuckle. i'm pretty self-confident as far as my actual self goes but as far as looks... bleh. i really just didnt know what to do for an avatar so i just put myself. haha.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I would say the person above me is someone who is not only seeking them self, but possible also seeking some form of spiritual enlightenment. Probably a person who researches UFOs and paranormal phenomenon, trying to get a better grasp upon the world and her place in it.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spirit_Turtle
I would say the person above me is someone who is not only seeking them self, but possible also seeking some form of spiritual enlightenment. Probably a person who researches UFOs and paranormal phenomenon, trying to get a better grasp upon the world and her place in it.

DING DING DING!!!! Are you really that good at reading people or did you just look at my profile? Lol. Nice work. You've got me spot on.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
its been a long time since i posted but i like these threads so thought what the heck; skyfloating (waves hello), you probably know me best, wanna give my avatar/posting style a shot

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

DING DING DING!!!! Are you really that good at reading people or did you just look at my profile? Lol. Nice work. You've got me spot on.

I didn't look at your profile, just being observant. Your name says a lot in itself and it looks like in your picture you are wearing a cat's eye necklace. Just going off my past experience and some simple observations. Glad to hear I'm doing a good job!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I didn't look at your profile, just being observant. Your name says a lot in itself and it looks like in your picture you are wearing a cat's eye necklace. Just going off my past experience and some simple observations. Glad to hear I'm doing a good job!

hehe. thats interesting. thats actually not even a necklace, its just a halter top and the strap part is made out of that wooden necklace lookin thingy. haha. what is a cats eye necklace?

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

hehe. thats interesting. thats actually not even a necklace, its just a halter top and the strap part is made out of that wooden necklace lookin thingy. haha. what is a cats eye necklace?

Well I guess I'm just being a typical guy and not paything that much attention then. LOL Cat's eye is a semi precious stone. It is thought to have special properties, like most semi precious stones. I don't remember what properties were supposed to be associated with the stone, but I'm sure you could do a quick google search and find it. I used to be really into stuff like that when I was in High School several years back.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

I am curious how many others have such a negative view of me.

I don't have a negative view of you, but I find that your avatar gives your posts a little added gravitas. This would probably explain the number of times I've starred your posts in the past.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Apparently I don't get how to make the "save as draft" stuff work properly, so here's what I thought I said like, weeks ago..

Speakeroftruth
Your avatar makes me think of The Daily Show and Colbert Report - reminds me of the graphics..

OP, your avatar scares me.

Kosmicfox, your avatar makes me think you are an ubernerd, and that you have at least two computers in the same room as you..

Skyfloating, your av makes me think of california

Anyone with an annoying or creepy animated avatar - you look like people with no avatars to me, because I tend to adblock out those images that irritate me..

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Obviously, I've never adopted an avatar for myself.

Not sure what that says about me, although I would hope that the perception is not too negative.

I do admit that I would much rather be regarded for the quality of my posts, than by the posture of my persona.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

I realise that you do not have an Avitar Bhadhidar, but (as you say - judge the threads) I have a good deal of respect for your comments and posts!

You tend to look for the 'unusual' and are not too afraid of 'putting yourself out there' I am guessing male, forties,
Keep up the good work.

Interesting thread karl!

H

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Insomniac

I don't have a negative view of you, but I find that your avatar gives your posts a little added gravitas. This would probably explain the number of times I've starred your posts in the past.

Thanks. So you think I should keep it? It would seem that the majority of people are a little disturbed by it and would prefer that I change it.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
if you got rid of it, I might forget that you were who you are, aka scary avatar guy :p

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join