It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There will be uprising in America.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
This is in response to this thread here There will be no uprising in America.

With current gas prices plus the price of everything rising steadily
a recession well underway with rumors of it becoming a depression
with record foreclosures
rising unemployment
opinion polls showing Americans are Not happy with both congress and the presidency
with a government that just doesn't listen to the will of the people
with our rights being eroded as we head further towards a police state
Talk of a NAU

I say conditions are becoming more favorable for a uprising type of event.

What say you?

[edit on 16-7-2008 by LDragonFire]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
It will happen eventually, but first look for large scale race riots in Atlanta and or L.A. They will be a martial law test run.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hannamtong

I haven't heard that there will be a test run in Atlanta or L.A. Do you have any sources or something that I could check out to look into that? I heard there is going to be a martial law practice but I was unaware of the city/area.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
We went from having a cheater in the White House [clinton] to a out right criminal [bush] With his illegal wars bankrupting the country with his illegal wars causing the oil prices to sky rocket our leadership can be directly blamed for the current state of our world and many of the woes in it.

People in the USA are quickly losing there ability to support there family as more banks close and more jobs are lost we seem to be spiraling in a steady downward direction.

People are not happy and don't support our government then the courts rule that this failed president can label anyone at will as a enemy combatant including citizens and detain them at will.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

The political scene has the neo con McCain vs a liberal Black man in Obama, with the cheating done in the last few elections, plus just the whole race issue in this country I feel like we are sitting on a case of dynamite just waiting to explode.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Sorry, I should not have posted a deep gut feeling as a fact. After living in CA for most my life and training at Ft. Gordon GA, these seem to be very likely places for what I believe is going to happen. A large scale riot is easy justification for bringing troops in. From my observations in the army and traveling on my own I am convinced that racial hatred is being artificially fed far beyond a few groups of ignorant skin heads. It would be very easy to spark and then quell civil unrest this way. It would be more feasible for a test run to be kept in localized areas this way rather than some type of terrorist attack or illness.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I see...I asked because I've been having dreams concerning those two cities for about 7 nights in a row now, so you sparked my interest when you said that.

However, I would think it would be easier for a test run for martial law to be done on a smaller scale city...those are both big cities and could end up alot worse if things went wrong than a small(er) town.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I think the Katrina aftermath could have been the small test run with national gaurd and some blackwater folks. It just seems to me it would have to be big enough to need a brigade of combat ready troops.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I'm not so sure. Something has changed.

LA almost burned to the ground when police got away with police brutality back in the 90's. Police are getting away with brutality almost daily and we the people don't do much more than sigh and shrug, maybe gasp...

We are now officially being spied on by our own government and all we do is sigh and shrug. Hell, a lot of people think it is for our own good.

We were upset at 2 dollar gas. Now we wished we would be thankful if we had 3 dollar gas. We thought oil was expensive at $40.00bbl, now we think that $100.00 would be a victory.

We have a sitting congressman that led a rally at the nations capital, calling for a restoration of the constitution. It was completely ignored by the media and 99% of the country doesn't even know it happened.

We are now a nation that is filled with apathy. As long as we have our TV's and fast food, we won't be doing anything. As long as the MSM keeps telling us to be afraid and follow orders, that is what we will do.

Sad but true. The only thing I see changing this would be if we impose a draft.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I do see your point for sure, but when you lose your home, because you lost your job, the tv and cell phones lose much of there meaning, and once the distractions are gone, you have no choice but to pay attention.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

And I think the govt is well aware of this fact and will do anything that they can to keep us with just enough money in our pockets that we will still get our distractions. It is a sophisticated game that they are playing.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The sad thing is that this is exactly what it would take nowadays for people to understand. That whole mentality of "well it doesn't affect me, so I'm not gonna worry about it" is just NOT going to cut it anymore.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander_Supertramp

I see...I asked because I've been having dreams concerning those two cities for about 7 nights in a row now, so you sparked my interest when you said that.

However, I would think it would be easier for a test run for martial law to be done on a smaller scale city...those are both big cities and could end up alot worse if things went wrong than a small(er) town.

Your not wrong. They have done all there small scale testing for years now. You are right... the time has come to take the experiment to the next level which means testing it out on a major city. New york and New Orleans were the test runs in this respect... now its time for the final run.. putting experimental method into practice to judging the results. And ,if the results are favorable in terms of what the NWO is looking for the modle will be repeated into other cities all across the American Federal Empire.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I don't quite understand, so forgive me if this comes off too negatively.

Presuming the government was behind the 9/11 attacks, how was martial law or anything similar to that used?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by LDragonFire

And I think the govt is well aware of this fact and will do anything that they can to keep us with just enough money in our pockets that we will still get our distractions. It is a sophisticated game that they are playing.

People are waking up, the low approval rating in the polls tells us that, these are hard times, and when you work and still can't make ends meet, you start to look for the answer why? Nothing gets your attention more when you can't feed your family, or if you have a job, but can't afford to get there and back.

A country never has a revolution or a civil war when things are good.

Are things good here and now?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Is there some way we can request that all new threads be opened as a dialectic with two opposing treads automatically?

Before the people of this country would revolt the majority would need to be pushed over the brink of desperation, into the depths of despair.

I feel fairly sure that by then the angry young men who would form that revolt will have been pressed into military service in a never ending war, where mind control is the armor dujour. The nazis taught the world leaders how to seperate the troublemakers, and pacify the remaining mob.

Therefore if it ever happens it will be angry old men pressed to a combination of homicidal / suicidal rage. Perhaps that is why the government begins to worry, the old men remember that there was a constitution.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Who knows what the future holds. A human being can only be pushed so far into a corner before he becomes a crazed lunatic and has no other choice but to attack.

If the people of America are pushed far enough there will be an uprising. It will be devastating towards the middle class and here is how I came to that conclusion.

First - You have gangs that will be running wild, looting and murdering.
Second - You will have individual families that will try to fend for themselves.
Third - You will be facing one of the most powerful army, police force and private contractors in the world.

If the people do not revolt against their government than the consequences might be just as tragic as doing so and here is how I came to that conclusion.

First - At one point the constitution might be suspended because of a terror attack.
Second - The gangs are going to become even larger then they already are.
Third - The army, police force and private contractors are just going to get bigger and bigger.

If a revolution should happen it better be sooner then later. If it is later then the government will have an advantage due to better technology, and a bigger force.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
The data does not lie(unless the people in charge want it to be so), and it shows, that sooner, rather than later...an uprising will come.

Will it come to the US? Yes. I do not live in the US-of-A, I live in the Caribbean, and it will happen here too. The entire world will feel it.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The USA has a history of civil unrest and here is a complete list of these happenings:

List

Some say we are being pacified by our government using tactics used by the Nazi's in pre WWII Germany.

I believe that the colonies were also being pacified by the crown until a spark, a spark that was heard around the world.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Please add your comments to the debate in the preceding thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

closing

top topics

join