It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Rainbows

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

Privy-princess;
Here's that link for
the first data I put up;

The Wizard of Oz
Illuminati mindcontrol

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Clearskies]

I think a lot of people stay away from controversial subjects because they are not interested.

Thank you Clearskies!

-and I agree totally about people staying away from controversial subjects. I should really change the title of this thread. People seem to be taking it a little too literally. lol

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Privy_Princess]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Why are there so many songs about rainbows
And what's on the other side?
Rainbows are visions, but only illusions,
And rainbows have nothing to hide.
So we've been told and some choose to believe it
I know they're wrong, wait and see.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers and me.

Who said that every wish would be heard and answered
When wished on the morning star?
Somebody thought of that, and someone believed it,
And look what it's done so far.
What's so amazing that keeps us stargazing
And what do we think we might see?
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

All of us under its spell,
We know that it's probably magic...

... Have you been half asleep? And have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name.
... Is this the sweet sound that calls the young sailors?
The voice might be one and the same
I've heard it too many times to ignore it
It's something that I'm s'posed to be...
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Laa, da daa dee da daa daa,
La laa la la laa dee daa doo...

www.youtube.com...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting lyrics, no?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Rainbows are incredibly magical.

How else would Princess Gumdrop return to Sugarplum Palace?

Seriously though, how do the masons utilize the magic of the rainbows? It may be a symbol of theirs, but perhaps it is not to be taken literally but is instead a metaphorical symbol for understanding a deeper truth. In the Bible, it is a covenant between God and man. After the great flood, God hangs his bow in the clouds to show he will not detroy his whole creation like that ever again. Thus, the name rainbow. Are arrows important to masons? I am asking this seriously.

Just because I like to cite:
I have set my bow in the clouds, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. When I bring clouds over the earth and the bow is seen in the clouds, I will remember my covenant that is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. Genesis 9.13-15

[edit on 15-7-2008 by CallMeMaury]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CallMeMaury
Rainbows are incredibly magical.

In the Bible, it is a covenant between God and man. After the great flood, God hangs his bow in the clouds to show he will not detroy his whole creation like that ever again. Thus, the name rainbow. Are arrows important to masons? I am asking this seriously.

Really??I never Knew that.

Learn a new thing everday, will do nicely one day at a pub quiz im sure!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Hi,
I am just stopping by to try to "Deny a little Ignorance". You have stated that "(often used by 33rd and above Degree Masons)"
I am just a 32nd degree mason. Where can I find out about the "above 33rd masons?" I know a bunch of 33rds but I haven't met anyone above that. Thos silly masons keep telling me there is no higher degree in the scotish rite than the 32nd and the 33rd is an honorary degree. In "regular masonry" (blue lodge) there is the 3rd as the highest degree. Could you point me to somwhere that I can gain this information?

Thanks,

Mike

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CallMeMaury

As far as I know, arrows are not used as any tool in masonry. We have the working tools for each degree and they are symbolic as to the lesson they teach. But I have not seen an arrow used in any symbolic sense.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth Logan
I just looked up at my calendar for july, and the picture is of mountain's with a rainbow going over it.
And yesterday it was raining while the sun was out and I saw a rainbow.
Not that there is any relevance to what happened, but I thought it was freaky!

Holy Crap!

Funniest thing I read today.
Thank you for that, ATS was depressing me today

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Privy_Princess
I know you all have spent most (if not all) of your life thinking that rainbows are harmless. In films and literature, there is usually a very vibrant, awe-inspiring rainbow in the sky immediately following something traumatic. Well, I'm here to tell you that you have been programmed to believe that rainbows are harmless things. And they basically are. But the SYMBOLISM of rainbows in magic (often used by 33rd and above Degree Masons) is very real and powerful. Let me explain:

The Rainbow, also known as the Antahkarana or Rainbow Bridge, and it's corresponding 7 colors have long held occult significance as a very spiritual, hypnotic device.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Privy_Princess]

very interesting thread! I remember reading something on the "layers/realms of the universe" and it was explained as different colours.. I put two and two together (in my head anyways :lol) that the colurs of the rainbow correspond to the different layers of the universe... somehow some way.. not entirely sure just a thought.. ill try and find what I was reading.. it was something like "aliens history of the universe" or something of that nature... very interesting though gj on the thread post!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Rainbows representing the colour-frequencies of existence and as such different vibratory doorways to various experiences. Representing what happens when sun and rain, light and dark converge.

Magical? Yes. Evil? No.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It's amazing to me how people on this site and others speak of the occult as if it were some buzz word for "evil." I have encountered few people who really know what the occult is about, exclusive to what their pastors and the hit and run media has to say about it.

I tell people, "pick up a book and read!!" Yet, in regards to the occult, it always seems to fall on deaf ears.

Anyway, as to the subject of rainbows, there is a lot of information about them and what they mean.

Rainbows seem to equated primarily to three concepts: promises, creation, and bridges. Promises made, kept, or desired. Creation of individuals and the universe. Bridges between us and somewhere else. The 'somewhere else' is the interesting part.
Rainbow

As one can see, and as the OP stated, rainbows do have a spiritual significance. However that is nothing to be alarmed about.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Agreed. If somebody uses a rainbow for dark or occult purposes, that's they're business. That doesn't automatically mean that the rainbow is a weapon of mass hypnotism created by the masons to control all of us. A rainbow is what it is, nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

There are different kinds of occult.
'White' and 'black' magic.
Some occult could have to do with energy crystals or vibration therapy or herbalism
for healing.
That is NOT what the op is lumping in there IMO.

At the same time, I don't believe this deviant behavior is seen in the typical lodge.
I have close family who are masons and my great uncle is a worshipful master.
They would probably be the first to burn down a facility for this kind of brainwashing cultism.
On a side note, What do the girls of masons join when they become part of masonry?
The Rainbow girls. Look it up. I had friends in school who were in it, but, I thought it was kind of silly.

One day ALL of this craziness will be over and we won't even have to think about the atrocities! YAY!

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This is one part of that Illuminatus Trilogy, written between 1969 and 1971;

Antrax depopulation to bring a new world order?
It IS fiction, you know.
(I personally don't believe it will be antrax.)

The trilogy's rambling story begins with an investigation by two New York City detectives (Saul Goodman and Barney Muldoon) into the bombing of Confrontation, a leftist magazine, and the disappearance of its editor, Joe Malik. Discovering the magazine's investigation into the John F. Kennedy, Robert F. Kennedy, and Martin Luther King, Jr. assassinations, the two follow a trail of memos that suggest the involvement of powerful secret societies. They slowly become drawn into a web of conspiracy theories. Meanwhile, the magazine's reporter, George Dorn – having been turned loose without support deep in right-wing Mad Dog, Texas – is arrested for possession of drugs. He is jailed and physically threatened, at one point hallucinating about his own execution. The prison is bombed and he is bodily dragged into the hands of the Discordians, led by the enigmatic Hagbard Celine, captain of a golden submarine. Hagbard represents the Discordians in their eternal battle against the Illuminati, the conspiratorial organization that secretly controls the world. He finances his operations by smuggling illicit substances.
The plot meanders around the globe to such far-flung locations as Las Vegas, Nevada (where a potentially deadly, secret U.S. government-developed mutated anthrax epidemic has been accidentally unleashed); Atlantis (where Howard, the talking porpoise, and his porpoise aides help Hagbard battle the Illuminati); Chicago (where someone resembling John Dillinger was killed many years ago); and to the island of Fernando Poo (the location of the next great Cold War standoff between Russia, China and the USA).
The evil scheme uncovered late in the tale is an attempt to immanentize the eschaton (a catchphrase meaning "bringing about the end of the world" or "creating heaven on earth", and derived from a quotation in the works of Eric Voegelin). Here it refers to the secret scheme of the American Medical Association, an evil rock-and-roll band, to bring about a mass human sacrifice, the purpose of which is the release of enough "life-energy" to give eternal life to a select group of initiates, including Adolf Hitler.

It almost makes me want to read the whole thing; if I had time.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Also, rainbows are obviously a powerful symbol because of the philosophical parallels that can be drawn -- rainbows are obviously a 'real' thing, because multiple people can see and confirm the same rainbow in the sky, but they're also inherently subjective: the angle the rainbow is at is relatively different for each person, depending upon their location and perspective. This is similar to the 'glory' effect that can be seen in morning mountain mist -- each person sees the corona around themselves, and not so much others.

Wikipedia

ATS thread with pretty picture

Edit: Links

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Ian McLean]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Maybe rainbows are gods way of coming out. Ever heard of Mrs. God?

OH no I dittin!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Isn't the rainbow a symbol of homosexuality also?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

True, clearskies. There are always manipulations. The whole Satanism bit that is often lumped in with occultism is actually a relatively new phenomena. There technically was no such thing as Satanism until about 45-50 years ago..

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
There technically was no such thing as Satanism until about 45-50 years ago..

OH RLY?

Please explain. From what history tells us, people have been worshiping satan for over a millenia.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join