It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Rainbows

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
And there was me thinking rainbows are caused by refraction of sunlight through water droplets ....... be prepared to be very, very scared. I present the ultimate evil!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

Well, if you go by religious sources, anything that deviated from Church doctrine was considered "Satanism." Sorry, that ship don't float with me.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Hello Clearskies...

I was living in England when this book first came out, on a RAF base. We got the American books at the local AFEES. I bought the first one, and read it in about 3 days (was rather thick... the book, and perhaps me...
).

Needless to say, I was at the bookstore at the first of every month waiting impatiently for the new volume to arrive. They are well worth the read if you can suspend beliefs and try to see where Robert Anton Wilson was trying to come from.

Edit to give Clearskies a hand -- I went looking and found an online, read for free, apparently, copy of all three books. That way you could read at your leisure.

www.pjosephs.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk...

[edit on 15-7-2008 by sigung86]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It's all clear and true! You likely carry the smoking gun in your wallet every day! The truth about the rainbow is spelled out on the backs of the $1, $5, $10 and $20 bills!

When you put those bills together and read them upside down you can clearly see the language of the ancients written upon them! Was there something our forefathers knew that we didn't?? How was this information passed down from generation to generation and eventually transcribed onto our very currency?

Isn't it obvious? They wanted us to be VERY CAREFUL! Rainbows are in fact a secret weapon designed by the same 'ancients' whose language is inscribed on the backs of those bills. If you stand before a rainbow and read what's written on the bills aloud, during a time of great economic tragedy, it is said the rainbow will split open with a great burst of light and the savior of worlds will emerge from the rift. He/she/it will grasp the two broken halves of the rainbow and sweep them across the face of the earth and with a mighty cry will yell the one NYSE stock symbol for people to invest in within the next 24 hours! Their investment into that stock will not only save the economy of the beleaguered people but bring them together in a show of colorful unity, all colors, all races, all genders, all species!

Now more than ever, this country needs a good RAINBOW!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I haven't anything to add, but I did want to thank Privy_Princess for starting such an interesting thread.

I'd recommend Robert Anton Wilson's books too.

Oh, and Gormly. Sorry to hear that ATS was depressing you today. The last bit of your joke on the Dragonfly thread had me laughing out loud. So much that people came into the room to see what the matter was.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by berenike]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I always knew there was something wrong with Zippy, George and Bungle from Rainbow...

Watch this if youve never seen it - its brilliant and this was a legit kids show back in the day...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Privy_Princess

ie.youtube.com...

Rainbows always cheer me up
one love
feardia

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
If you stand before a rainbow and read what's written on the bills aloud, during a time of great economic tragedy, it is said the rainbow will split open with a great burst of light and the savior of worlds will emerge from the rift.

I for one will welcome our saviors.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Be gone TROLLS!

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

I thought he/she was joking.
Give them the rainbow care-stare!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
For those organized religious among all of you:

God showed the RAINBOW to Noah as a promise that he would not destroy the earth by flood again.

Truth about Rainbow's is that it is an atmospheric phenom.

The assignment of of any other meanings are man made to either feed the fears of man or create an illusion of control.

After all...a Rainbow is one beautiful illusion in it's self.

In my opinion all that about the "occult" connections is interesting reading...and for those that do not understand or have not been schooled in the unbiased meanings of all that has been implied have no leg to stand on when it comes to deciding the implications of the said use of the rainbow.

read my sig...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Privy_Princess

You got to be joking.

Our eyes are sensitive to light which lies in a very small region of the electromagnetic spectrum labeled "visible light". This "visible light" corresponds to a wavelength range of 400 - 700 nanometers (nm) and a color range of violet through red. The human eye is not capable of "seeing" radiation with wavelengths outside the visible spectrum. The visible colors from shortest to longest wavelength are: violet, blue, green, yellow, orange, and red. Ultraviolet radiation has a shorter wavelength than the visible violet light. Infrared radiation has a longer wavelength than visible red light. The white light is a mixture of the colors of the visible spectrum. Black is a total absence of light. Earth's most important energy source is the Sun. Sunlight consists of the entire electromagnetic spectrum. Learn more:

Source :NASA Website

I guess this means that no one should water their garden on a sunny day or evil will unleash.

Thank for the chuckles...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sigung86

Thank you!

That's the kind of help needed in times like these.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
you all should read out of phaze by piers anthony. It describes your reality fixture to a tee. It really sucks that we are entraped to regurgitate 2nd gen knowledge and rarely discover truths for ourselves.

Doesnt anyone think it strange that the illuminati and world powers(money holders) are patsy's similar to hitlers jew problem. But on a world scale this time just not europe. Sure i myself cant get around the fact of masonic symbols of power and control everywhere but isnt that the nature of time. If someone does sumthing 'good' to them in the past they usually mark it with a signinfcant memorial.

Hopefully soon we will have the forsight to use our past to predict and manage our future. Seems to me thats a long way off and theres never gonna be an easy solution.

On the matter of rainbows i have seen some amazing ones and one in particular changes my life. I was driving home from work, im a carpenter, and looking out i seen a perfect rainbow stretching from horizon to horizon. So i turned to my friend and said check out that rainbow on the screen. He laughed so hard at me and i didnt even realize what i said till he told me. After that i realized i was spending waaaay to much time looking at my computer screen for answers when nature and creation show us everything at once for free.

love ya all

Fear not for we are all in this together

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheInfamousOne

Please note,
for those who don't like to read;

the op IS NOT discussing a PHYSICAL, NATURAL water vapor RAINBOW!

She is discussing symbolism of the illuminati.........
All seeing eye, rosy cross,
THE RAINBOW specifically.
Not one that you saw outside or while watering your garden!
Thanks!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

Please note,
for those who don't like to read;

the op IS NOT discussing a PHYSICAL, NATURAL water vapor RAINBOW!

She is discussing symbolism of the illuminati.........
All seeing eye, rosy cross,
THE RAINBOW specifically.
Not one that you saw outside or while watering your garden!
Thanks!

I apologize for my quote then. I have not read much about what you seem to be talking about. I'll try to read the thread more carefully next time around. I just never heard of this before.

I understand that anything is possible.

Apologies once again.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Thank you so much!
It's very nice of you to apologize.
Many DO understand what the thread is about, I think and are trying to troll it.
I think they are smarter than that!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

The Two Babylons

Under the name of Mithras, he was worshipped as the "Mediator." As Mediator and head of the covenant of grace, he was styled Baal-berith, Lord of the Covenant ( see Figure 24) - (Judges 8:33). In this character he is represented in Persian monuments as seated on the rainbow, the well known symbol of the covenant.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Here's something about Jimmy Hendrix and his involvement with the rainbow bridge occult meditation center;
hold on,
Wiki

pharoah's den
WOW, there's not much to read about it, unless I buy a book!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Ms. Clearskies....

My opinion is that apologies are not necessary for anyone's opinions or thoughts on this thread. Just because someone misunderstands, in your opinion, does not make them a troll.

Since you seem so well versed in the use of RAINBOW SYMBOLISM, why have you focused on the occult use and not BIBLICAL uses of said symbol??

Could it be a conspiracy??? :p

~Holly

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join