It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

flashing red and blue object in the sky..help?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Its at my house! One to the east and the other to the south! its like so pretty but freaky at the same time, think its like calling? They are like flashing insanly fast, if its aliens let hope they leave us alone or make friends cus if its a war im not holding back!!

link   
Its at my house! One to the east and the other to the south! its like so pretty but freaky at the same time, think its like calling? They are like flashing insanly fast, if its aliens let hope they leave us alone or make friends cus if its a war im not holding back!! i live in the uk btw

link   
Its at my house! One to the east and the other to the south! its like so pretty but freaky at the same time, think its like calling? They are like flashing insanly fast, if its aliens let hope they leave us alone or make friends cus if its a war im not holding back!! i live in the uk btw

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Its at my house! One to the east and the other to the south! its like so pretty but freaky at the same time, think its like calling? They are like flashing insanly fast, if its aliens let hope they leave us alone or make friends cus if its a war im not holding back!! i live in the uk in wales btw

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chicane
I saw the same thing last night when I was out smoking! I also captured it on video, but it looks so much different on video. It was fairly close, it was shaped as a triangle, it had about 9 circles of light, they mostly flashed red, but it would flash blue and white every now and then. At first I thought it could be a jet that was waiting to be cleared for landing, but the airport isn't there, and the object was flying back and forth and sometimes it would stop up and stand still for a few seconds. It kept flying back and forth for about 90 minutes. Also.... it's flashing more frequently than what it appears in the video. I would guess about 10 times a second.

Any logic explanation to this?

Forward to the 1:06 mark to get steady camera, www.youtube.com...

That is unusual. My first reaction was a plane, but either that plane changed direction six times over the course of the video, or it's flying around in a tight circle. I could see this being some kind of RC plane or helicopter, which might also explain the small area it's flying in. If you could rule that out, then I would say, UFO.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by David256
Its at my house! One to the east and the other to the south! its like so pretty but freaky at the same time, think its like calling? They are like flashing insanly fast, if its aliens let hope they leave us alone or make friends cus if its a war im not holding back!! i live in the uk in wales btw

Dude! Use the "edit" button on your previous posts, instead of reposting the same thing with a few words added. Each time you post, you kill a byte.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Magnus47]

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I've been seeing similar lights. Last winter was when I first noticed them, both here in Alaska and in Oregon. They are really bright white lights, similar to a star or planet (but much brighter), except you can see a blinking red and green light. Sometimes I have seen them move, but usually they are stationary. Last night not only did the light move, but it came towards me! I caught this on my phone! It's hard to make out, but it is a silent plane... it flew almost directly over my truck at very slow speed / elevation. So why are these planes in the sky, I'm assuming all over the country, that are just sitting in the air monitoring and disguised to look like stars? I showed my friend who fly's planes the video and he said no normal planes have lights this bright. It's hard to speculate as to what’s going on here but I encourage anyone reading this to look a little closer in the night sky, everyone I asked about these lights always blow them off as a star or a planet, but stars planets and satellites don’t move and just stop and sit there stationary. Last winter I saw three of these lights do some crazy motions in the sky and just stop and sit in the air. Last night was proof that they are indeed planes, appeared to be unmanned, and monitoring.... check out the clip, only towards the end can you see the shape. Also I've read a few other reports on the web to similar sightings.... NWO?

Here are the two videos and one still picture I took on my HTC hero. I wish I stayed on the plane the whole time but I actually got freaked out and hoped in my truck and when I did finally realize what it was I was in awe and didn’t have the phone on it. But I can say with 100% certainly it’s an aircraft, looks small enough to be a "robot" or remotely controlled. The odd thing is last year the lights moved in a way no aircraft could possibly but they did and now I witnessed the lights. It took me around a year to finally get the chance to identify this light, but now I want to know what they hell are they being used for, all over the world! Reports are coming from all over on this site.

www....(nolink)/?br8gjus3dr2lp4w

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Hey all, I am a brand new member of ATS i ran across it on google, when searching for blue, white, and red flashing lights. I am very green when it comes to astrological things i dont know alot of about exact positions of stars and planets. That being said i am not sure what i am looking at. I reside in Dallas TX and everytime there is a clear night out i will go out to have a smoke and star gaze for a while, and it never fails. I see these objects in the sky and they flash red white and blue. Sometimes I will only see one and like the other night i seen 5 of them floating around in space. I KNOW FOR A FACT these or not any types of aircrafts. My first thought was that they are some types of satelites orbiting our atmosphere? I cant seem to find any information on these objects other then what i found in this topic. Last week ago was the wierdest i had seen. I saw 4 objects in the sky one lurking by itself to the west, and then 3 that were north but they were in a perfect triangle type formation? I myself believe in extraterrestials but i do not think i am looking at any types of UFOs? any more insight on this topic guys?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
ive been seeing the same thing for about a month and a half now it looks like a bright star but it flashes red and blue it appears like it drifts back and forth and on the odd night i can see two or three of the same things and im from canada just off of georgian bay

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I just began to notice this the other night...it kind of puts me in a trance when I look at it. I just haven't been able to figure it out. It definitely doesn't move...it just sits in the same spot. I'm a huge believer though, so naturally my mind jumps to the hopes of it being an alien species preparing to come in contact. Hah!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sictransitgloria

You know what's funny? I am fairly sure I have seen same object myself on multiple occasions from very different locations. At first I had the same thought, which was that it surely was an airplane or a star. However, the longer I observed it I realized that it was not moving and was still blinking. I have seen this same light in the sky starting in the fall and winter of 2010 in Atlanta, GA and from the spring into the summer of 2011 in Dallas, TX. Generally it appears in the west/southwestern sky, but it varies depending on the evening in which it is observed. I want to believe this is a star, however, the fact that it changes colors keeps me intrigued. On some evenings, if you watch closely you may even see little white balls (at a similar altitude) moving around the object at incredible rates of speed. Once again I thought my eyes were deceiving me, but I have pointed it out to multiple friends and they seem to confirm "blinks" of light (not shooting stars) which will arch around the object. I caution these statements because the spots may be due to the fact that I am staring at the object and the negative image produced by flashing light creates temporary spots of light in my retina which appear to be mobile blinks of light.

While I have come to no firm conclusion about the object, my best assumption is that it must be a star of which the visible light has been distorted by objects ranging from pollution to space dust on its way to Earth. This is simply because I cannot verify the blinking object as a craft since it does not exhibit movement nor has it ever. I say we leave it to the astronomers on this one.

My two cents.
edit on 15-7-2011 by TheChemist1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Wow this topic has been going for 3 years and still no real answer to the red and blue appearance of this "star".

I live in the most southern part of Victoria, Australia and this amazing star has been catching my eye for quite some time usually when I'm driving on the Highway between Melbourne & Geelong which is a 1 hour drive. It has caught my eye so many times I started to really question it. I downloaded Stallerium and i tracked it to Sirius also (as one of the previous posts mentioned earlier) But it still gets me everytime I see it,
I would like to describe what I've seen in my own words. I would say it's a bit like a light house in the sky it appears to be rotating quite fast when it catches my eye it's always a white pulsating light that appears to grow then to the top left of the white a small flash of red followed by a blue flash shortly after, it then seems to reduce back to a normal looking star but as I keep watching the process starts again within a minute.

On several different occasions Ive noticed it do other things like on night I was driving with a friend and we both noticed it, both being quite intrigued with "space" we watched it, on this night it appeared as a triangle 3 white glowing stars, the bottom left star moved down away from the formation and glided right before quickly moving back into position, we both gasped and I said to my friend did u see that? he agreed and said "but you need a point of reference" Then the whole thing was totally doubted in both our minds. When we arrived at our destination we took some time to watch the sky and the most amazing sight Ive ever seen appeared, every single star in my view became a triangle formation, I kept doubting what I was seeing was real shaking my head looking away trying to re adjust my eyes but I kept seeing it. On an average night here the sky looks completely normal I really have no idea what that was that I saw that night.

More recently I was house sitting the house is on a hill and has broad East, South and West views from one end of the house. I decided to sleep on the couch, one morning I woke at aprox 4:30am and between the gap in the curtain a flash caught my eye on the southern side of the house, I moved my head slightly to see this star flashing its red and blue lights as it does. I lay very still and watched it for a while, this is when I noticed it really does move the whole star just gets up and does a little dance before reducing back to a normal looking star. it moved within what appeared to be a inch or two of its self/mass. Ive seen this before too but again always doubted it because I would be thinking it was just me, moving or my eyes or just my perception. But while I was laying perfectly still with a perfectly clear view of the star I saw it deffinatly move from its original position.

I too discovered this thread in searching for some answers regarding this "star" it appears the is not much info about it online I plan to find out through whatever means I can, so I will get back to this thread once I have some answers.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Good sighting.

I'm afraid I can't identify this object.
Others have suggested a planet, but I fail to see why a planet would blink white red and blue while moving.

If planets really do this could I see a video of such a thing?

Back to the sighting, I suggest in the future you try to take a video or at least snap a photo or two. Not saying I don't believe you, just taking a picture adds a lot more credibility to your sighting while giving us a clearer picture of the object you describe.

Good find. Keep your eyes peeled.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Keep your eyes in the sky and you will see many interesting objects that cannot be verified.

Peace to you.

Other call them planes so they can sleep at night. They love the box they have built for themselves. People only believe what comes out of the mind control box in the corner of the room.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

I saw this object tonight (or a similar one) outside of Atlanta Georgia.

I stepped outside at about 1AM to smoke a cigarette and saw what I thought at first was a star, but then thought it was a police helicopter in the distance with a searchlight on and blue and red flashing strobes. The blue and red color was not some faint hue or some slightly pinkish hue or anything like that, it was blatantly the same blue and red that you would see on emergency vehicles, and also seemed to strobe in a similar pattern as an emergency vehicle would. The white light doesn't really seem to flash as is described in other posts here though. I watched it the whole time I was smoking and it never moved, but I knew exactly where in the sky I was looking at it because I was able to gauge it with a tree. I didn't think anything more of it, but then stepped out for another cigarette about an hour later (yeah I know, I'm trying to quit). It was still there, but slightly in a different spot, somewhat further away and higher in the sky. That's when I thought there was something odd about it, that it couldn't be a helicopter, there doesn't seem to be any reason a police helicopter would, or even could just hover up that high for so long. If I had to guess, I'd say it was somewhere from 10,000 - 20,000 feet up, judging by the angle of it from the horizon and how much dimmer the lights seemed to be. I could be way off though, I'm not sure. I then went outside to take another look at it and it was further south, closer, but up even higher. This all pretty much eliminates the possibility of it being a star or a helicopter (definitely not a jet plane, and yes I've seen the strobes of jet planes and this is nothing at all like it). I thought between the second and third time I went out to look at it that maybe it was a satelite or even the space station, but I don't believe they have blue and red strobes and they definitely don't change direction like this object did. The only discrepancy between what I saw and what most people have posted here is that what I saw was in the eastern sky, not to the west as most of the other 'sighters' have mentioned. This is very intriguing and I wish I had a pair of binoculars tonight, or even better a telescope. The first time I saw it, it was fairly close, with a pair of binoculars I think I would have been able to see it fairly well. What's disappointing is that out of everyone that's posted, nobody looked at it through a telescope, I would think someone would have done that by now out of over 3 years of this thread.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Okay....everyone who thinks we are talking about ANY type of aircraft here, you may leave the room. As former gov't "worker" with many years and theaters of experience, I can tell you forthwith, this is NOT "one of ours". And many of my friends from our Imperial Federal Government agree with me. We have watched it for weeks now from the southeastern US and through some pretty good scopes. One of our friends is ex-NASA, several ex-company, many ex-mil. We KNOW what we're talking about, folks. We just can't figure out what we're LOOKIN at. And none of our contacts are talkin, either. (That in itself is a trifle bothering to me.) I am hoping that someone with access to a scope larger than 24" will take some pix and join our conversation here. When I look at this thingy, I see DEFINITE alternating crosses in the colors mentioned. Crosses of differing sizes, shapes, configurations and orientations. So.... all of you that think we're talking about some bird up there, all I can say is....go take another look. This thing did not come from here, but it sure as heck looks like it is HEADED here. (Getting bigger night by night. I drew up a graticule and stuck it on my scope just to make sure I wasn't imagining it.) Currently working on a mount for my camera. I'll post pix when it's running.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesman52
Okay....everyone who thinks we are talking about ANY type of aircraft here, you may leave the room. As former gov't "worker" with many years and theaters of experience, I can tell you forthwith, this is NOT "one of ours". And many of my friends from our Imperial Federal Government agree with me. We have watched it for weeks now from the southeastern US and through some pretty good scopes. One of our friends is ex-NASA, several ex-company, many ex-mil. We KNOW what we're talking about, folks. We just can't figure out what we're LOOKIN at. And none of our contacts are talkin, either. (That in itself is a trifle bothering to me.) I am hoping that someone with access to a scope larger than 24" will take some pix and join our conversation here. When I look at this thingy, I see DEFINITE alternating crosses in the colors mentioned. Crosses of differing sizes, shapes, configurations and orientations. So.... all of you that think we're talking about some bird up there, all I can say is....go take another look. This thing did not come from here, but it sure as heck looks like it is HEADED here. (Getting bigger night by night. I drew up a graticule and stuck it on my scope just to make sure I wasn't imagining it.) Currently working on a mount for my camera. I'll post pix when it's running.

And where i the sky are you seeing this. Is it East of Pleiades?
It could be the star Aldebaran (spelling?).

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Muchwano21

Hey "Much"....I can tell ya fer certain it ain't no satellite. My friends and I sit out a lot at night sky gazing. Actually, we're LOOKING for 'birds' overflying our area. They are real easy to spot, and we see at least four on any given night. From the southeastern US, they travel MOSTLY south to north, with the occasional weirdo going west to east. Satellites do not blink, but they have a very high albedo in certain orientations. relative to ground. Speed? From here they traverse the entire arc in about two minutes, horizon to horizon. Faster than you've ever seena plane move that distance. Also see my post further down about the "Flashy-Thingy".

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I did not take the time to properly set my scope up to give azimuth and declination. BUT...I am fairly certain it is not Aldebaran nor anywhere near the Pleiades. We sit at the top of Georgia, close to TN. From here, it appears in the sky east north east of us at about 30-40 deg. You got any clues, Violator?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
download stellarium, yall won't regret it. that said I'm pretty sure most are seeing sirius. it looks like police lights going off in the night sky, quite an awesome sight!

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join