flashing red and blue object in the sky..help?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Okay, I found this site after googling "star in the sky flashing red, white, and blue". Just like the original poster, a friend and I were out smoking a cigarette at 2:15 AM and noticed this object blinking in the sky. I myself, at first, thought it might be a helicopter off in the distance. For 15 minutes the object did not move at all. After reading everybody's responses to the original post I can say this much. It "is not" a helicopter or airplane. It "was not" in the Western sky, more like South East just about halfway between the horizon and the constellation Orion. It definitely "is not" Mars. I am quite familiar with what mars looks like with the naked eye and it has an orange glow to it which this object does not. It could be a planet, but if it is, I would have no idea which it would be. It seems to be way to bright to be a planet. Surprisingly, it even appears to be way to close. The closest planet to us other than Mars is Venus, and it shines much, much brighter than Venus. Once again, there is the very distinct flashing of red, white, and blue and forget the helicopter theory. For those who are curious, I reside in Salem, Oregon, towards the North West coast of the United States. Now you might have a point of origin to possibly understand where in the sky we saw this thing.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I found this site from google also after trying to figure out what planet or star this thing is. It is very lovely to watch, its like police lights in the sky, Space police maybe? Its moving with the rest of the stars perfectly, its just under orions belt (ive been watching it for about 3 hours now). I live in nampa, Idaho if that helps anyone, I would love to figure out what the hell this object is.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hi all,

I'm living in Switzerland right now I see this object flickering red blue white south of Geneva. I confirm that it is exactly in the position given in Stellarium for Sirius. It is not the long awaited 14th october UFO

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This is my sighting from New Year's Day 2004.

At this time, my kids were young teens. We lived in a flat with a wonderful view right over the rooftops/treetops and straight over a bay. The other side is full of broadcasting towers so there are flashing lights at the top of these towers, to be sure. But this day, 1 Jan, we noticed at around 5pm a very bright white light. It was situated precisely above two birch trees which were slightly taller than the rest. This light seemed to be a few inches up from their tops. There was never normally any light there.

My kids and I aren't big on New Year's celebrations so we drank milk the whole evening and went to bed early. I make this point because I know someone will bring it up at some point. So no, alcohol was definitely not part of the event.

So, it was cold out - maybe -20°C or so. No one out really. Silent and very bright day. Not a cloud in the sky. Being in the north though, darkness descends early in the day. I looked out the window around 5pm, noticed it and commented to my kids that there was a funny light and to have a look.

That light was there in the exact same spot for hours. Its only movement was to flash red and blue now and then. At around 10.30pm, it starts flashing like mad and my daughter and I went to the window to look. After a few minutes, a diffuse white egg-shaped craft flew directly over the top of our building and out to that light. We saw another one join its path as they reached that light. My daughter and I just stood there with our jaws on the floor, as you can well imagine.

We finally gathered our wits enough to inform the other two and the light started to move very slowly to the right. None of us had noticed that there was a long cloud that had formed at some point just there and the light weaved in and out of it for a while until it shot at top speed out the end of the cloud and here we lost sight of it.

A few minutes later, the cloud was gone but the sky was full of aircraft landing from all directions, one after another. Mind you, this was extraordinarily odd after midnight on then 2 Jan. But all sorts of a/c landing continuously for 20-30 mins thereafter.

This event recurred on 3 March that year and this time we had one of my colleagues from his home which faced the same direction. The only difference then was that there was no egg-shaped craft. All other details were the same, the light was in precisely the same spot for hours until it left in the heretofore unnoticed cloud.

That spring, starting in Apr-May, we would have the most extraordinary helicopter sounds for hours seemingly at random. It was as though the helicopter was flying over and around our building continuously but we never once caught sight of any at any point. Our phone signals were jammed frequently. We would get calls "from no one". We all had different numbers, naturally but there was no number calling, if you know what I mean. It just said "Call". Strange when you consider that my youngest was then 7 yrs old. Who could have her number other than family?

So, there's my account of the lights. It was no jet. I was working with the militaries of two countries at that time and I was raised on military bases.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
To whoever says this is a flying object...seriously its not. I live in Georgia about an hr from Jacksonville, FL and Ive been seeing this over the past 6-7 years. First time I seen it I thought it was a UFO lol I was a little young. But now I work night shift outside and sit and stare at it quite often. It pulsates blue,red and white. It moves in rotation with the other stars throughout the night. Since I work nightshift I get to see it throughout its course. It appears in the south with mars in the north. Im buying a telescope soon to take to work and should be interesting . Speaking of planes a stealth bomber flew over me one night...awesome "ufo" look lol

This is def a star or satellite or something.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

You are right. This is sirius or possibly another large scintilating star.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I've been seeing this for a couple of months in NE GA. It's a rural area, but "in town". They sit North - Northeast in the sky. It lis stationary, but will kind of jiggle, if that makes sense. Tonight there is one that is very bright, two smaller, not so bright. The three almost make a triangle.

They do not look like the other stars. But I know NOTHING about the nighttime sky. I also hold no stock with UFO's, but boy, this makes me think - it's just wierd. Flashing red, blue, white and green.

Either UFO or our government at work - not sure which one to fear most!!

Any suggestions on this thing? Also, I live next to a large municipal water tower/tank??? Does that help any??

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I think you're looking at Sirius the dog star. It's below Orion, and it flashes like a disco ball. Red, blue, yellow and white.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I see this red/white/blue blinking object also from time to time and i live North of Denver. At first, I thought it was a plane because we see them pass by frequently but this thing stays in the same spot and on the nights I see it, it's actually always there in that spot. Going off topic here, but I also saw like a bright, bright green shooting star about a week ago..it was so weird, like that highlighter green color and I fished around and am thinking it might have been a meteor.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Here's a short video I made of the star Sirius as seen through a 10" diameter telescope. The star was fairly low in the sky, which enhances the scintillation effect due to atmospheric turbulence.
I kept pulling the focus in and out to exaggerate the spectral effects. Sirius is the brightest star in the sky and always scintillates with red, blue, green, etc.

WG3

EDIT: Notice how the defocussed image looks remarkably like David Serada's STS-75 UFOs!

[edit on 3-11-2008 by waveguide3]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Ive seen this object for about a year now, I'm a star gazer so here are a few things I know.

Its not the space station, it is in visible range up to 5 min when seen.

If its a satellite, its not like the ones I've seen(looks like a star moves fast)

High altitude planes don't stay in visible sight for an hour so no.

I've seen this object while flickering disappear and reappear 10 mins. later.

So what is it, I haven't got a clue but pretty sure we can rule out the above.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
My husband and I saw it last night. It is red, white and blue flickering. We live on the ala coast next to Fl panhandle and looking out to the water(lookingh south) its to our left hand side.
Its been there for a while now, appears to move a slight bit too.
We joked that it was a patriotic star since it was election day, OR a police star

either way, I know its there, and i know what we see. So no its not a jet. Sorry!
Its something of a star I would think.

Only difference is we saw about 3 of them last night. And I know it wasn't just me and my eyes since we both saw them.

And we saw a really strange shooting star.. zig zagged .. i thought they went straight. and it looked too close.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
It's probably sirius

im in georgia too, thought sirius was a pulsar at first, after looking at it thru my telescope at high power

seems its a dual star system though, maybe a red and blue star?

its definately wild thru a telescope, can't see a center to it but the radial spokes of light are just awesome to behold

anyone else see the moultrie ufo's?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I live here in Jacksonville Florida as well and for the past month or so I have been watching this star or whatever it is as well. The star looks like it has red flashing strobe lights and appears to move right to left to right, up and down and in circles, which very well may be an optical illusion due to viewing it through the atmosphere. When we looked at it through my son's Meade ETX-80AT-TC telescope through a Meade Zoom Lens it looks like a ball of energy, best way I can describe, that rapidly changes shape.

I have been doing research trying to figure out what this thing is, which is how I came across this site. I am glad to know I am not the only one in Jville that is seeing this.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I have been watching these things for years now, on a good clear night in an open field you can see a bunch of them in the sky. I have always kinda wondered what they are, my sister says she has been seeing them since the 70's. If it was supposed to be top secret, I don't think affixing 3 giant strobes to them would be a good idea so that so that should rule out conspiracy. perhaps some sort of communication satellites in a geosynchronous transfer orbit? I have tried looking through a cheapo telescope but didn't get a good look. I'm not sure what they are, why they are there, or for how long they have been there, but it would be neato to get an answer some day...

[edit on 22-11-2008 by Donno]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
November 23, 2008.
I live in a city near Vancouver, Canada. Its almost 11:30pm pacific time, I was also outside smoking when i saw this flickering object. After calling my roomate to see wtf this is we were thinking satellite.
I heavily debated this because i find it quiet impossible for a satellite to produce that much light.
It has a distint pattern to its flickering, and the (which appears to be a star) right beside it is also flickering, in the same pattern.

I searched blinking lights on google and this came up, strange that this is all taking place in november 08.

hit me back with furthur info.
-Kyle R.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I just saw it and I thought it was a helicopter and kept watching it. Could it be a very hot burning star? Possibly a slow moving meteor?

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I have also been seeing an object in the southeastern sky. It started 4 nights ago. It was not there the second night and last night and tonight it is back. I am in central Iowa where we have had perfectly clear skies lately. We have looked at it through binoculars and it appears to flash blue, red, white and green and is a circular type orb. Tonight I have been paying closer attention to it since some posts refer to it as the star Sirius. I have been watching it on and off for the last 3 hours and it is NOT following the earth's orbit and NOT moving with the other stars. Four nights ago when I first saw it, it was there for about an hour and a half and when I looked again before I went to bed it was gone. I swear tonight, I think I see a smaller more distant one in the eastern sky as well as the larger one in the southeast. I would love to know what it is.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Not sure if someone asked this, but thought I would go ahead and post (not feeling like looking through several pages of guesses)... is it to the southeast of Orion? if so, I *think* it is sirius... if not sirius, then I can at least vouch that this is a "star" that is there every year and all but the "moving" part, the flashes of red, blue, and white are brilliant yet quite normal. Sometimes it appears to be moving to me as well, but every time this year consistently, night after night, it is still there.. in the same position. I have been obsessed with staring at this particular star in the sky as far back as '97.
Hope that helps.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
A co worker of mine first mentioned these flashing objects in the sky to me, she say that she has seen up to ten at a time and been seeing them for sometime now. I had a look and found one moving in small circles and flashing away, when she first mentioned them I thought that they must be satellites or stars but not sure now.

By the way we live in the east of England.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join