It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

flashing red and blue object in the sky..help?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sictransitgloria

i know this was posted a while but i have also too seen the red and blue flashing lights more than once usually there is just one i see in the sky and random nights but on a few occasions i have seen multiple red and blue flashing lights .

when i see more than one in the sky they are just sitting still but it seems as their in a circle in the sky, very far apart but close enough to see them all at once. i ask the same thing what are these??

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Last summer I saw one almost every night. This "winter" (wait, we had no winter, we had a spring for a winter, wtf), til now I've been seeing 2 or 3 at different areas of the sky at night when I'm out smokin at work. My coworkers see them, but they don't care. I don't think I buy into the "scintillation" garbage, why would "scintillation" make a star look like flashing police car lights! Plus, why would one do it, and another star close to/next to it be perfectly normal white and unblinking?! Scintillation my patooty. I can't believe I can't find out anything on astronomy sites, etc. The stuff I DO find, others asking same thing, don't get answered, cept wit scintillation. Come on, I mean, come on, what's goin' on? Years later, still no one knows? Don't you dare say the 's' word.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I grew up being around planes since my father was a pilot. It doesn't matter how high up a plane, jet etc is you will still hear something from this particular object. And yes there are military aircrafts that can hover for about 5 mins at max time. However they do not flash these particular colors. I have been watching the sky for quite some time now myself. I do not know what you saw, however it was not a plane. I have been watching several different random nights since Jan of this year seen some different and unusual "lights" in the night sky. On April 20th while I was watching the meteor shower that night I also noticed three very unusual blue lights. Now these lights were not round like "o" you see the stars at night they were more flat but yet still had a bit of curve to the sides of them. Very hard to describe these particular lights. Which were also slowly moving upward into the sky heading east away from the mountains. How I knew these were not normal was that fact that randomly they would jump erratically left and then right and then start to move upward again. All three of these "lights" were in the same area of the sky but in different places. One of the "lights" that was the bigger of the three had three small like "dot lights" that was following its movement pattern One on the bottom left and two bottom right. As I was watching these three objects in the corner of my right eye I noticed a rather large orangish/redish light that was moving very quickly across the sky. This much larger "object" was just moving at a smooth but rather quick speed randomly it would just stop and sit in one place in the sky for about eh 2 to 3 mins then start moving again. This "light" was also not round like a O it was more flatter but still curved around the sides. This one also had two smaller dot like "lights" close by one was upper right side of this thing and the other was bottom left. As this particular "light" moved the two small dot like objects moved along with it as well. Then after about 30 mins of this it got really bright and was just gone. Same with the two small dot like objects. I went back and looked at the original three I was watching before and they were much higher in the sky and farther away and there were much more smaller dot like "lights" around these three and they too were moving. I have also seen something really up close at night that I am not sure if I want to go into detail with. Anyways I am not sure what these are but I do know for a fact these are NOT planes! And not satellites. I to would like to know exactly what I am watching at night. Ohh and that night I counted at least 20 unusual flatter curved on the side "lights" that were as well slowly moving across the sky that night. Only thing I can say it every now and then take a peak and just enjoy the wonders of space.
and if they are "alien crafts" ok. Lets just hope that they are friendly beings hehe... Either way it does make for an interesting evening at night.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I've been observing these objects for over 4 years or more...
I began to notice it especially in the east north east horizon-comes up around 8 9 or 10 pst....
When i first started observing this I thought it was a helicopter with police lights
never moved though
4 years later now, I noticed theres one much brighter and closer in the west south west horizon
much brighter... doing the same thing flashing mutilple colors at a fast rate... seems not to move or maybe slightly
after 2 years of closer observation I notice another object higher up on the horizon... same type of flashing so a total of three.... in a pyramid shape arrangement far apart from eachother
now more recently as I started to look farther into the distances in the skies I can see that theres more than three
theres actually more like 8 or even more, there further away but if you have good enough vision and a rural area with a dark sky, far away from the ocean with no cloud banks...
I'm in the desert
about two weeks ago I witnessed a ufo fly up to the blinking object and link up with or something and then it shot into the distance away from earth and uimaginable speeds
the ufo that linked up to the object had no lights on it and just looked like a white blur
clearly a craft, these blinking objects are some kind of extraterrestrial stations
without a doubt 100% sure it happen

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Glad to have found a thread on this, I live in the UK and have seen this light almost every night for at least six months, sometimes I can see two of them. The first one I think is NW and real high in the sky and the others to the west of that. Haven't really seen any answers online that explain them, they say it could be Sirius or Venus, but m not sure of their locations and apparently its supposed to be a rare occurance.
But I can normally find two without using a telescope, and petty much every time I look.

Would like to know if anyone has any ideas/thoughts

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
if your seeing red and blue lights, you better pull over....Its the Cops!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

I found this thread searching for some clues to what I saw tonight, every description here is exactly what I saw tonight. It was around 10:30 pm EST in Northeast Ohio. The object was in the Western sky just above the tree line. I watched it for over 20 minutes and it was NOT an aircraft. It eventually dipped below the treeline and I couldn't see it anymore. I found some other threads online that talk about the same thing, but no definite conclusions to what it is. I hope this doesn't become my lifelong quest to find out!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcat725

It can be very frustrating trying to explain an oddity to those that have not experienced what you saw or experienced. People don't like anything that upset their status quo.

You become someone to fear, so they have to discredit you. You may never be sure of what it was that you saw. It may be a once in a life time experience. That does not make it any less real or valid. When enough people begin to see these objects, they will stop being oddities and become the norm. Everyone will be comfortable enough at that point to accept your experience as valid.

What a strange lot we are.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
thankyou for information

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Been observing it again these past few weeks. Last night I noticed that when the sun went down, it was the first bright object visible, before even the north star.
Really itching to find out what it is!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman

Been observing it again these past few weeks. Last night I noticed that when the sun went down, it was the first bright object visible, before even the north star.
Really itching to find out what it is!

Its almost certainly a star. The colors are caused by atmospheric refraction.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

Any idea if it has a name? I have looked into that explanation and apparently the conditions have to be perfect for it to happen, which means of shouldn't happen very often, just made me wonder if it food be a sattelite or anything similar?
Unless you're completely sure? If so enlighten me

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman
reply to post by bluestreak53

Any idea if it has a name? I have looked into that explanation and apparently the conditions have to be perfect for it to happen, which means of shouldn't happen very often, just made me wonder if it food be a sattelite or anything similar?
Unless you're completely sure? If so enlighten me

If you want the name of the star, you just need to consult an online star atlas. The name of the effect is "atmospheric scintillation." The star "Sirius" provides the most impressive displays. From what I know it is a fairly common phenomena, but is sometimes more apparent than others.

Check this link out:
Atmospheric Scintillation

A satellite will move fairly quickly across the sky.
I'm not there to witness, but I do agree that the first time I witnessed the phenomena I was quite doubtful it could be a star.
edit on 18-10-2012 by bluestreak53 because: Added link to reference

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I am new to this site (as a member, that is) and just wanted to add that my brother and I both witnessed the same phenomenon of the red, blue and white flashing lights. There were 2 of them spaced an undetermined distance from each other just above the western sky in Gilroy, California, which is a pretty rural area. We observed them at first with binoculars, and next through a low power( and low quality) telescope.Magnifying the objects seemed to further confirm to us that there were indeed 3 lights pulsating in a triangular fashion within each object. Recently, I have downloaded the Stellarium program, which I must say is absolutely 'the bomb'... I have yet to take my computer outside with me and verify if what we have seen is in fact the star Sirius and another star or not, but I am pretty sure that that is what I will find, especially after clicking on a link posted above and viewing the video it contains regarding scintillating stars...Either way, whatever it is, its nice to have a little 'mystery' going on in the mean time, and it will be even nicer to find out exactly what it is. But if they DONT turn out to be stars, I will continue searching for an answer!!!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I have been seeing these star like objects for about month. Sometimes just one up high in the sky, sometimes three. Really makes me want to buy a telescope. They are definitely not stars, because stars do not twinkle multiple colors that range on the visible spectrum.

I live around Washington DC, and I was surprised to see the amount of Google results came up. I literally see at least one every night now when the skies are clear. Definitely not some special star that does this, as some have stated with blind confidence, because i have seen 3 of these objects in multiple occasions, spaced out very far from each other seemingly like an equal length triangle.

Makes me wonder if these things are around the earth in a grid. Also doubt arises when no institution with high powered telescopes have reported on it. DEFINITELY NOT A STAR. LOGIC!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by doesny1care
. I don't think I buy into the "scintillation" garbage, why would "scintillation" make a star look like flashing police car lights! Plus, why would one do it, and another star close to/next to it be perfectly normal white and unblinking?! Scintillation my patooty. I can't believe I can't find out anything on astronomy sites, etc. The stuff I DO find, others asking same thing, don't get answered, cept wit scintillation. Come on, I mean, come on, what's goin' on? Years later, still no one knows? Don't you dare say the 's' word.

Just because YOU don't understand how something happens doesn't mean it can't happen.

Scintillation or twinkling are generic terms for rapid variations in apparent brightness or color of a distant luminous object viewed through the atmosphere.

When a star is lower to the horizon the light travels through a thicker layer of atmosphere before getting to your eye/camera etc the higher in the sky the thinner the layer the graphic below shows why.

Here is another video showing the effect

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DECAP
I have been seeing these star like objects for about month. Sometimes just one up high in the sky, sometimes three. Really makes me want to buy a telescope. They are definitely not stars, because stars do not twinkle multiple colors that range on the visible spectrum.

I live around Washington DC, and I was surprised to see the amount of Google results came up. I literally see at least one every night now when the skies are clear. Definitely not some special star that does this, as some have stated with blind confidence, because i have seen 3 of these objects in multiple occasions, spaced out very far from each other seemingly like an equal length triangle.

Makes me wonder if these things are around the earth in a grid. Also doubt arises when no institution with high powered telescopes have reported on it. DEFINITELY NOT A STAR. LOGIC!

The people that have stated it with blind confidence are not the ones that are blind here, they happen to have an interest in astronomy and unlike you we know what we are looking at!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I have seen this object too!! Just last night I seen it while standing outside and I didnt believe my eyes at first but it was definitely real. I live in British Columbia, Canada, and yeah it was below orions belt. It was the strangest thing I have ever seen and im extremely curious as to what it was it definitely was NOT an airplane, planet, or satellight... I have seen nothing like it especially the way it moved in the sky
edit on 23-10-2013 by themogopogo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

themogopogo
I have seen this object too!! Just last night I seen it while standing outside and I didnt believe my eyes at first but it was definitely real. I live in British Columbia, Canada, and yeah it was below orions belt. It was the strangest thing I have ever seen and im extremely curious as to what it was it definitely was NOT an airplane, planet, or satellight... I have seen nothing like it especially the way it moved in the sky
edit on 23-10-2013 by themogopogo because: (no reason given)

Sirius

astrobob.areavoices.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I live in Fort Sill Oklahoma and saw something this morning around 0600 that looked exactly like what you are describing. I feel very curious myself as to what it was. I was facing between north and northeast I believe when I saw it. Maybe this could be enough info for someone here with good astrology experience to help enlighten us on what this thing might be. I also saw an extremely bright light last night around 18:00
that seemed way to bright to be a star or satellite and I'm almost 100% positive it wasn't an aircraft. I didn't hear any aircraft type noise either. This object was to the south/ southwest. Maybe someone might know what this was as well.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join