It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dragon flies are not real!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Geez, what a bunch of freakin' party poopers! I joined this board because it seemed like people bothered to do at least some rudimentary research instead of opening with ad hominem attacks and...well I was certainly wrong in this instance. Now, not to bash anyone, but it is a FACT that the CIA developed and deployed not only dragonfly "ornathopters", but also used a spy catfish, pigeon cams, motion detectors that looked like tiger poop and OH so much more! Yes, that's right: FACT. Provable, photographed and authenticated by the lovely folks over at the CIA themselves! It took me a whole 3 minutes to find them. I can already hear the howls of derision starting so...this info first appeared on the CBS News Early Show Broadcast 1/13/2004 and all of the above gadgets, including the dragonfly, are on display at the CIA Museum. Luckily, the good folks at THE MEMORY HOLE have the pics: www.thememoryhole.org...

Click it and weep naysayers...

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
So...then why were Dragon Flies around when the cell phone was the size of a brick? or when micro-chips didn't exists? I'm pretty sure you're completely out of your mind if you think Dragon Flies aren't real...there might be some sort of robot that the government has that looks like a dragon fly, and it might be real...but to say all dragon flies aren't real is one of the dumbest things I've heard sense holograms hit the WTC.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I saw this frackin thing a few nights ago, scared the bejesus out of me I kicked it and it just flew away, looks like a cross between a Wasp and a hummingbird and it was as big as a humming bird and it's wings flap and it hovers just like one...

I thought for sure this was some sort of robot or escaped genetic experiment as I am in Phx sort of halfway between area 51 and Dulce it didn't seem so improbable that it could be...

"Large hawkmoths the size of hummingbirds pollinate nocturnal blossoms of
jimsonweed (Datura) and hard-shelled gourds (Lagenaria). The moths insert
their long proboscis into the floral tube to reach the sweet nectar deep inside,
thereby pollinating these remarkable flowers during the hours of darkness.
I found this one about 5:00am this morning sitting under the light. "

But just a g-d damned crazy bug I never saw before...

It also hangs around Datura plants so who knows what I was breathing in lol

What kind of plants are near your dragonflys, it could explain paranoia lol

[edit on 14-7-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Dragon Flies are real.
I see their larvae and I've seen inside them -- not tiny robots.

However, there may shortly be remote-controlled bugs, or drones that are the size of dragonflies. Both are in the realm of the possible now. Research into "why does a dragon-fly want to go THERE" will help a simple device effect the dragon-fly vision and then dragon fly will take care of the rest. Including carrying a transmitter and tiny camera.

The Drone might actually be harder, but the miniaturization shouldn't be too difficult -- it's just reproducing the mechanics of dragonfly flight and navigation.

>> But it is pretty cute that someone things their hovering is picture-taking. Maybe bumble bees and humming birds are taking x-rays?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
First Off, I must agree that if any government group were to use any advanced means of espionage that making robotic versions of dragonflies would be innovative, though not effecient.
I want to comment on the post pertaining to a large "dragonfly" they saw in the UK. Are there any Locust in the UK? I mean locust are very large and highly resemble dragonflies. As far as any Government using dragonflies for espionage in reality I must deem it is unlikely. I mean birds are much more widespread and migrate to different CONTINENTS! So, my question is why would they use insects when brids would be much more effecient?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
There was something in the news awhile ago about people finding mechanical flying insects at a college campus rally.

Edit: here is something

US accused of making insect spy robots

The CIA secretly developed a petrol-powered dragonfly drone back in the 1970s but the "insectothopter" was considered a failure as it couldn't handle crosswinds.

The CIA refused to discuss its subsequent work but it is known that the Defence Department has been funding research into inserting computer chips into moth pupae to create "cyborg moths" whose flight muscles can be controlled remotely.

"America can be pretty sneaky," said Tom Ehrhard, a retired Air Force colonel and expert on unmanned aerial craft.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by depth om]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

have u been watchign alotn of x-files becuase in the episode War of the Coprophages mulder thinks the cockroaches are actually alien drones sent to spy on us,,,,,,

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
You have probaly been watching the Simpsons movie, when Bart asks "whose spying on us?" Then you see the robotic conducter.
Squash every single dragonfly in the worlds and probaly won't find its head making a bo-ing sound and find it's head supported by a spring!!!!! Prince of peace been dreaming about robots taking over the earth....
Lame.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Not only do dragonflies not exist, but neither does Belguim (Proof of Belguim not existing - click here)

So, obviously, Dragonflies, CIA Agents, George Bush, Michael Jackson, and most Chavs come from Belguim.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Does anyone know how to smell moth balls?

anyone?......

well, you pick him up by his little leggs..........

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I had one fly up to me, hover in front of my face, and pull out a tiny Kodak camera. It snapped 3 or 4 pictures of me, and took off really fast-like. I am not positive, but they could be spying on us. I'm slightly suspicous, at any rate.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Oh my god!! I can't believe I came across this post today!!

I was outside having a cigarette, and all of a sudden this fly started buzzing around me. He eventually landed, and when I moved towards him, he flew away really fast. Then, just a moment later, he came back and did the same thing again!!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
You're not the first person I've heard mention this. Obviously the majority of them are very real. I do believe it would be possible to see one that was man made. Open your minds.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
WOW speaking of the dragon fly i was on another site all about hip hop music and peep out the link i came across. You mention something about the dragon fly being fake.. well here is a source totally outside of ATF.

youtube.com...

This is a song from a rapper called Prodigy, song titled "Illuminati". Look on 0.23 sec into the video. It show a spy dragon fly. Coencidence?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I just went kayaking last weekend and saw hundreds of dragonflies all over the place. A lot of them actually took a break on my kayak( i think they're attracted to yellow). Anyways, I didn't notice any antenas sticking out. I wonder why they would need that many drones on the Delaware river.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
AGAIN: The CIA DID use dragonfly spies, period. No ifs, ands, or buts. It was on CBS and the pics still reside over at the Memory Hole. Sheesh people, at least read the thread before ya go off on a, "Gol- LEE, is this guy just a IDIOT er wut?!" type response. Y'know just for the hell of it, I'm going to start a thread called "Robot Catfish Spy". Again, see my last post: absolutely TRUE. I wonder how many naysayers will bash it, even though one is sitting in the friggin' CIA Museum?

Just like the dragonfly...

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hmmm, maybe you're the one who's a robot programmed to emit a high frequency signal to attrack real dragon flies to you so you can fulfill your mission to collect information on them and send it back to your creators. If that's the case, then this post by you would seem to indicate you've either gone sentient or have had some circuit failures recently. So tell me, have you been around any open sources of microwave radiation recently?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Well regardless of whether dragon flies are robots, or insects the title of the thread is false either way. Insects or robots, they are real either way. The have substance, you can touch them, the move about in our plane of reality. They are real, every single last one of them. A robot is just a real as an insect.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
pretty sad that youre THAT paranoid. Go out and kill one. If it has a chip or something in it, please feel free to report back

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Were the dead ones spewing smoke?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join