It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dragon flies are not real!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Next time I see a dragonfly I will get in its face first. I will observe it and see how it and "they" like it.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Minnesota has the most dragonflys anywhere in the world. There are literally thousands of species seen but never caught. To say they are spying on you is paranoia. I had a friend who thought birds were the same type of 'spy' device. And even I have had the odd sense that certain birds were watching me. Than i wisened up and seen how birds will swoop certain vehicles time and time again.

Yes the cia made one in the 70's but it couldnt fly. Researchers today are trying to get down to the size of the cia's dragonfly which for all intents and purposes was a object used to glide in and land to watch. The sophisticated electronics needed to hover and record at a framerate thats distinguishable would overheat the poor dragonfly. Not to mention the power source? fusion batterys? id hate to have one break and contaiminate an area...people would def hear bout that.

Defy ignorance

Fear not for we can hear your cry

[edit on 14-7-2008 by daemonicsoul]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

We never said EVERY dragonfly was a spy robot! That would be idiotic! I would assume they may have made a certain amount and they use them when they need to find out something in a place where they are not allowed to go. It's a great invention if you need something like that. Why is it so hard to believe? I live near a UAV Base... 'unmanned aerial vehicle',the CIA, FBI, secret service etc.... they have many little gadgets they use to spy with. I can't believe y'all thought we meant every single dragonfly on this planet. Gee!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
actually u know what

after reading this thread i went outside to finish staining my deck...

there was a single dragonfly that was basically checking me out. It wasnt afraid of me nor did it run away after i tried to 'shoo' it away it just kept hanging out and kind of 'looking' at me

LOL im paranoid now!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
LOL, aww yes, the goverment would spend millions on a robotic dragon fly to spy on you.....

wait, staining a deck, thats a terrorist threat, call homeland security!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I once hit a dragonfly out of the air with a baseball bat, it mashed all over the ground.. i can tell you 100 percent they are definitely real.. goo was everywhere.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SauberBMW

I wouldn't think it would cost millions for a small flying camera that only needs to be used to zoom in a place quick and then leave. UAVs are flying unmanned air vehicles that are programmed to fly to certain area etc... also can attack enemy, take pictures, and can be any size that they need it to be. I believe they command it through a computer. I just know I saw one. It was late night (2:00 am) when I saw one at my window and then flew away after it 'looked' me in the eyes. First one I have seen at night. You can check out the EYE SPY magazine at: www.eyespymag.com

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
People are REALLY trying hard to top the "dinosaurs went extinct because humans went back in time to eat them" thread

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Glenn beck just had a guy on his show called christopher reich who wrote a book called something deceptions. this guy said he has insider connections to the spook world who told him (chris), they have butter flies in several sizes and some operate from an hour to 4 or 5 hours spieing.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I looked at the title to this thread three times squinting to see what it said. I thought it was a funny typo for The Dragon FILES, I had never heard of those files so I wanted to know what was in them. I was disappointed.
Seriously, our government is not as "fancy" as you think it is. Mother nature is still kicking our ass there. They are just pretty bugs with cool flight patterns.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Umm..people are quite dull minded.

Not saying there are droid dragonflies....but im quite sure that he meant there could be droid dragonflies made by the govt...not that ALL dragonflies were droids. Geez.

Perhaps we should be more afraid of some droid bacteria or some nanotechnology put in food used to keep tracck of us and what not. hmm.

I see things like this happening eventually, just not sure if its time yet.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Yeah i should have clarified. I didnt mean that every dragon fly out there was fake or a UAV, but there are some out there that are i know that!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Yeah i should have clarified. I didnt mean that every dragon fly out there was fake or a UAV, but there are some out there that are i know that!

Dude, not trying to be disrespectful but this is classic paranoia.
I also have to say that this thread and the dinosaur thread kind of bum me out about ATS. Just when you think it can't get any more absurd....

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Never seems to amaze me... At the stuff one finds on this site and thats putting it very mildly, I am a true believer in ufos but this is rediculous.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Has anyone else noticed this? I saw a dragin fly twice this past week....flew right up to me, hovered and looked like it was taking pictures or something and then it took off. Ive seen more of them lately and they seem more mechanical than natural. I think these are droids created by the government to fly around and "spy" on people.

Hi princeofpeace, I was on Venice Beach, Fl. on a weekend several months ago and something out of the ordinary happened to me concerning dragonflies and their reactions. I will U2U you. Rik Riley

[edit on 15-7-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
wow relax someone had taken one two many bong hits dragonflys are real bugs not a drone

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ultimo

Again, we know dragonflies are real bugs. BUT, the govt made a FEW spy bugs , OKAY?? Just google dragonfly spy robobug . It will lead you to some sites and you'll even see a pic of one yourself!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

There are dragon flies and then there are shape shifters who can imitate them as well as other bugs, birds, dogs, cats, etc. (Their lord is Beelzebub). Most people do not see a difference. If it happens again, try this, stare at it (do not use perception) and say “God’s truth be revealed”. If it changes into a vapor or another form you will know.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
LMAO i just joined ATS and this is not a great front page post Of course they are real if you see them around a puddle or something poison the water and watch as they die then get the dead insect and see for yourself the body parts that make it function dont be so paranoid its not healthy...

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The military/ government has (Since the 1970's), and IS still working on little robotic insects that resemble dragonflies. The project was scrapped in the 1970's because they couldn't maneuver efficiently in crosswinds. New technology, especially at the nanoscale could quite possibly become reality. Now, who's to say that the government doesn't have something similar? They have not, and most likely will not admit to such a device. As of them spying on people? I hardly doubt it...Yet. Here's an example of a basic working model. Just food for thought.

Ryuchad

blog.wired.com...

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join