It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Debunked

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Yes, you can go to space and find what are, in sight of the evidence, space-ships of extraterrestrials.

Firstly no you can’t, you can get a telescope and look into space but you can’t see aliens…..you can view NASA footage but you can’t look into space yourself and find the same thing and there’s no evidence of them being extraterrestrial, they could be government made. You can’t blatantly say their aliens – there’s no proof of that.

There is more evidence to show this than to show the opposite.

Incorrect, there is not one shred of proof that any of the conspiracies surround 2012 can be backed up with any sold evidence.

do some research.

Why don’t you show what I should be researching exactly because all I found are theories upon theories with no actual evidence that anyone can prove or disprove.

Second, the fact that you have failed to debunk the theories encircling the 2012 date doesn't mean that someone else will fail. It only means that you don't have the knowledge that you presume you do.

Please explain how anyone is meant to debunk ascension – how? How do you debunk the apocalypse, Nibiru, alien contact or higher consciousness? It’s impossible because the evidence provided to analyse these claims is not sufficient enough to be proven or disproven. They are just claims with no backing what so ever. It’s like trying to prove god, there’s no actual way to debunk it.

the theories of 2012 don't come from a single book. I'm not going to explain it to you, at all. When you do the research necessary, you'll understand just from where the theories spring-up.

en.wikipedia.org...

Three figures within the New Age, the artist and theorist José Argüelles, John Major Jenkins, and …. Terence McKenna, have publicized theories concerning the significance of the end of the cycle.

I’ve already explained Jose Arguelles -
en.wikipedia.org...

Although Argüelles states that his tools and calendar are clearly not a Mayan calendar, much criticism of it focuses on the fact that his works remain completely unsupported by any professional Mayanist scholar

John Major Jenkins –
2012wiki.com...

The 'Galactic Alignment'…..was originally popularised by John Major Jenkins, and is now a integral part of many new age proposals of how 2012 might affect us.

The precise alignment of the solstice point with the Galactic equator was calculated to occur in 1998 (Jean Meeus, Mathematical Astronomy Morsels, 1997 - mentioned by Jenkins This date was further refined by Smelyakov to May 7 1998 Therefore, if the significance of 2012 is related to a precise intersecting of the Galactic Equator, whatever that significance would have meant would already have occurred.

en.wikipedia.org...

Despite the publicity generated by the 2012 date, Susan Milbrath, curator of Latin American Art and Archaeology at the Florida Museum of Natural History, stated that "We [the archaeological community] have no record or knowledge that [the Maya] would think the world would come to an end" in 2012.

"For the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle," says Sandra Noble, executive director of the Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies, Inc. in Crystal River, Florida. To render December 21, 2012, as a doomsday or moment of cosmic shifting, she says, is "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in."

Do your research…..OWNED

[edit on 16-7-2008 by andre18]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

Look Andre,, this is NOT like any theory you say is impossible to debunk because 2012 isn't JUST about a Theory! It's an intangible event .

Jeez what is so damn hard for you to understand! You can't that means Can NOT debunk 2012 and the evidence you say is missing for 2012 is because 2012 HASN'T HAPPENED YET !

Good Grief guy,, what is so hard to get why are you still thinking you debunked 2012? What are you a time traveler and visited the day in the future and nothing happened? How about the travel guide?

You say the only referance to 2012 is "One Book" ?
What are you talking about? Do you know anything other than what you google to debunk it off the cuff?

Did you see the Nova special about it? Their is empiracle evidence to substantiate the accuracy amd predictions of these ancient artifacts enough to not write it off and untill 2012 which will either falsify the theory about that date 2012 or it will be the day you finally get it.

You know,, finally grasp the simple idea that YOU haven't debunked Jack Squat and until that date comes, it will remain a prophecy drawing a justified and scientific interest that has enough evidence surrounding it that you ain't just gonna debunk it.

Let me just ask you this,, knowing what this is about ,, if you were to employ a model test 2012 using the scientific method,, what would your test consist of?

I think that will tell us and you why you can't debunk 2012

- Con

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

In that case in all seriousness, I prepose that everyone on 2012 will turn into vampires. Now according to you that can’t be debunked because we have to wait until 2012 to see, BS. A theory is a theory, no matter if it’s a prediction, the prediction has to be able to be proven or disproven otherwise it can’t be taken seriously.

Now are we taking these 2012 conspiracy theories seriously? Yes most are, so we need to evaluate whether or not these theories can be held up to scrutiny. Or is 2012 just a big joke?

Is there is any evidence to support the theories leading up the prediction? No, if I can’t time travel to the future and asses the event, then I can attempt to debunk the theories leading up to the prediction.

Eg: Nibiru theory suggests a planet is headed to earth that may either hit or pass by. Is there any evidence to prove it, no, so it is debunked? Yes, because the evidence for it is proven to be false. We don’t need to wait until 2012 to debunk the theory because we know there is no planet on its way. The evidence leading up the prediction has been debunked so the prediction itself is debunked.

The evidence to support the conspiracy theories leading up the prediction of 2012 are debunked because the evidence has been disproven. There is no need to wait until 2012 to see if: a world wide ascension, higher uplifting of human consciousness, alien contact, end of the word scenario, apocalypse, seconding coming of Christ or Nibiru happens because the evidence leading up to the predictions have been debunked so the predictions themselves are debunked.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by andre18]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

In that case in all seriousness, I prepose that everyone on 2012 will turn into vampires. Now according to you that can’t be debunked because we have to wait until 2012 to see, BS. A theory is a theory, no matter if it’s a prediction, the prediction has to be able to be proven or disproven otherwise it can’t be taken seriously.

Well Andre wrong comparison:

If you uare going to bait and switch comparing apples and oranges??? I mean I thought you'd come back with something that would at least apply to my post. Now had you a history of being accurate on predictions say 3 out of four times,, than yeah we'd all have to wait to see if your vampire theory came up short. That is what we have here also, so going back to my original position, YOU HAVE NOT DEBUNKED SQUAT.

Is there is any evidence to support the theories leading up the prediction? No, if I can’t time travel to the future and asses the event, then I can attempt to debunk the theories leading up to the prediction.

Eg: Nibiru theory suggests a planet is headed to earth that may either hit or pass by. Is there any evidence to prove it, no, so it is debunked? Yes, because the evidence for it is proven to be false. We don’t need to wait until 2012 to debunk the theory because we know there is no planet on its way. The evidence leading up the prediction has been debunked so the prediction itself is debunked.

But thats where you are wrong Andre, there IS evidence that support the ancient sumerian texts.

The evidence to support the conspiracy theories leading up the prediction of 2012 are debunked because the evidence has been disproven.

I haven't seen you disprove a thing and don't see how you can. How can you explain hiroglyphics depicting our planets our moon all orbiting the Sun thousands of years before copernicus? All of them to scale? You don't see that as a scandalous hint strange given the time and technology for that period?

There is no need to wait until 2012 to see if: a world wide ascension, higher uplifting of human consciousness, alien contact, end of the word scenario, apocalypse, seconding coming of Christ or Nibiru happens because the evidence leading up to the predictions have been debunked so the predictions themselves are debunked.

Name what has been debunked? Name it and if it is anything like you did with debunking 2012 via the scientific travel guide method,,,

Then keep dreamin

HA HA HA HA HA

ha ha ha

- Con

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
You haven't debunked 2012 because 2012 has not yet came. I am not a 2012 person. The topic is a heated debate because it is a year people look forward to. It is their hopes and it is their savior for a better life. If nothing happens on that date I will not be down because to me it is another date. To other people it is their time to ascend, meet aliens, or whatever.

If 2012 came around and nothing happened these same people will look forward to another date.

Personally, I believe extraterrestrial beings do exist but they will not come 2012. They may come once we have developed a certain technology that is required of us or once we understand that they exist and they are not here to harm us.

No man will tell what time will hold, we just have to ride it out and see what the future has in store for our civilization.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Andre18 said, "Do your research…..OWNED"

My analysis of your personality is complete and is as was predicted. No need for concern or upheaval as we all go through periods of exalted perspectives do to excitement over plausible major, personal accomplishments.

You haven't debunked anything, you haven't done any research except your cozy 20 minutes of Google-here and Google-there... It's not short of obvious.

Seems you are a conspiracy theorist about the NASA footage of spaceships and Moon photographs, as well as Mars and other planets and even the Sun (those pictures are incredible) of objects. Of course let's not forget the ancient history from all around the world which, in your words, "coincidentally" all makes sense and depicts the existence of tall, blond beings from other worlds with advanced technology.

Fine, maybe those people actually lived on Earth, but they still knew about the galaxy better than us, and the fact that they came in ships which could perform impressive feats which do not compare to today's (take, in instance the Hindu Vimanas) mean that they were way advanced.

Then there's the story of Admiral Byrd which hasn't been disproved at all and smells, every ounce, of a truthful statement. The man even stood before ALL of congress and confessed the exact story he had been telling since his return from the Antarctic (failed) expedition to investigate the Nazi whereabouts in Antarctica.

Again, it's sad, so sad, to see how close minded you are. Pseudo-intellectual sentences filled with apathetic rhetoric is something you should try to grow away from... It really comes off very negatively, and it comes off as highly foolish when you are using it to substantiate an argument which from the beginning you have absolutely FAILED (notice: not one person has said that your argument about going to Mexico is valid on this thread) to validate or supply an objective point of view for.

I'm not going to tell you what to research, because I don't think you'll take it seriously. Also, because.... You should be able to find the research material yourself. As I've said, though, it won't take you a couple hours at most to read it all and understand and see the connections. It will take you years to semi-complete the understanding.

I'm not looking forward to 2012 with any kind of exotically-excited mind because I'm aware of the possibilities and that is ALL they are to me. It turns out though that to be aware of all the possibilities in full comprehension (and I'm talking evidence-backed possibilities not randomly generated ideas like.." Uh, ok....... We're all going to be vampires cause I say so") I've had to take upon years, and years, and more years of studying the facts. Sumerian history, Hindu history, Mayan, Aztec plus other native American history, the correlation of space-Earth structure-cosmos match-ups, African history, ancient 'cave-men' depictions of humanoid beings and so much more. All of this is absolutely inter-connected when it comes to issues like the famous 2012.

I also forgot to say spirituality, chakra manageability, aura comprehension, psychic activation, psycho-actives, psychology, lucid dreaming, meditation, music, art, physique, quantum mechanics, reincarnation and probably a lot more that I don't want to seek for in my brain's database because it'd be endless... All of the aforementioned things are aspects of the Universe that we are and that I have come in close contact with and have worked out and still do on a day-to-day basis.

Thank you for your time, I hope your next post will be more gentle to provide unanimous information rather than the 'I'm right you're wrong' approach...

[edit on 17-7-2008 by sllapur]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   

But thats where you are wrong Andre, there IS evidence that support the ancient sumerian texts.

Do you actually believe a planet will collide or pass by us in four years? There is no Nibiru, there never will be a Nibiru. Where’s the evidence for it – wait that’s right…there isn’t any LOL

I haven't seen you disprove a thing and don't see how you can. How can you explain hiroglyphics depicting our planets our moon all orbiting the Sun thousands of years before copernicus? All of them to scale? You don't see that as a scandalous hint strange given the time and technology for that period?

No matter their technological development, it doesn’t prove a planet is headed this way, it doesn’t prove anything’s going to happen on 2012 – prove otherwise…..

Name what has been debunked?

Ahh Nibiru, all the evidence for it has been disproven – link me to one thread where it’s been proven to be fact….actually link me to any other 2012 conspiracy theories that have been proven to be fact – just one, it could be ascension, higher consciousness, alien contact, seconding coming of Christ…you can’t do it can you?

I’ll tell you something that is a fact, all the evidence for every single 2012 conspiracy theory is bunk. Prove me wrong, please!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
So the Sumerian tablets have been, somehow, dis-proven?

I'm not sure exactly how that would happen, and I'm sure you don't have a good explanation for it, either.

But, at least now you can think about it instead of mindlessly swim in your own ego-driven crusade against paranormal research.

None of what you say has a basis, that's what calls my attention the most. You just say that the theories are fake because you are sure they are.

Fine, better be safe than sound, right?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sllapur

So the Sumerian tablets have been, somehow, dis-proven?

No, the Sumerian tablets say a lot of things but I don’t recall them claiming anything to do with 2012, refresh my memory please…..

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

With Nibiru man... with Nibiru...

Sigh...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Nothing will happen in 2012, no aliens, no ascension, no higher level of consciousness...

How can you possibly say that? Can you see the future?

I believe something will happen around then, but I won't state that it will, because I can't see the future.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Nothing will happen in 2012, no aliens, no ascension, no higher level of consciousness...

How can you possibly say that? Can you see the future?

I believe something will happen around then, but I won't state that it will, because I can't see the future.

I can see the future. I predict on Dec 12th, 2012 it will almost be 2013!

But no, all joking aside. I agree with much of what the OP has put here. As I recall their calendar was based off of cycles.

Now, this part is just a hypotheses, but I believe there are similarities between the Mayan calendar and the calendar of other cultures because there was an outside influence on those cultures. They most likely did have something in common in those regards.

The entire idea of 2012 reminds me of 1999 when people were all paranoid that the world would stop turning because of the Y2K bug. I call it the Y2Fizzle.

-Promecus ducks, for he predicts incoming flames-

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Promecus]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sllapur

Look, straight away you say that Nibiru is real because the Sumerians wrote about it. Well obviously they were wrong about Nibiru because as you can see it doesn’t actually exist, how do I know this? Because it’s yet to be discovered by astronomers. It’s four years until 2012 and yet nothing, no discovery nothing.

The only link the Sumerians have with 2012 is Nibiru, the fact that it hasn’t been discovered should be enough for any sane person to acknowledge that it doesn’t exist…… If Nibiru doesn’t exist then the Sumerians have nothing to do with 2012. You debunk the planet you debunk the theory.

Nibiru is debunked!

(It’s been debunked I can’t remember how many years ago
I didn’t debunk Nibiru, it’s already been done)

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Do your research…..OWNED

You said it your damn self Annndre!

Why don’t you show what I should be researching exactly because all I found are theories upon theories with no actual evidence that anyone can prove or disprove.

That includes some silly trip YOU went on to talk to of all people a travel guide!

OWNED!

- Con

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

The only link the Sumerians have with 2012 is Nibiru, the fact that it hasn’t been discovered should be enough for any sane person to acknowledge that it doesn’t exist…… If Nibiru doesn’t exist then the Sumerians have nothing to do with 2012. You debunk the planet you debunk the theory.

Nibiru is debunked!

(It’s been debunked I can’t remember how many years ago
I didn’t debunk Nibiru, it’s already been done)

You can't see gravity either andre so does that mean it doesn't exist?
Before we were even able to see a nebula did that mean nebula's didn't exist ? Nope.

Your logic is flawed andre severely flawed.

You said yourself, he has four years before it gets debunked FOUR

You haven't debunked jack crap

- Con

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
How does one debunk predictions? I’ll tell you how…

How does one make a prediction theory that can be supported by factual evidence? They do that by collecting the evidence that can be cross referenced and analyzed by scientists. Eg: a comet is approaching earth, by the evidence collected scientists can predict the timing of when the comet will eventually hit. Without the supported evidence scientists can’t make an accurate prediction.

If you wanted to disprove the prediction, you would have to look at the evidence provided. You would not have to wait until the comet hit the earth to prove the prediction was inaccurate, all you they would have to is disprove the evidence leading up the prediction.

In the exact same way if you want to disprove a 2012 conspiracy theory, you don’t need to wait until 2012 to disprove it. All you have to do is look at the evidence provided that’s meant to prove the 2012 prediction and disprove the evidence.

If you want to debunk Nibiru all you need to do is look at the evidence, is there a planet on its way? No, does that mean the evidence for Nibiru is disproven? Yes. If the evidence is debunked the theory is debunked.

You can do this with every single 2012 conspiracy, the evidence for ascension, higher consciousness, alien contact etc, has already been debunked, I didn’t do it, it’s already been done – if you want to prove me wrong show me the evidence – show me where in one single thread where the evidence for 2012 conspiracy has been proven.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Are you serious?

You can't see gravity either andre so does that mean it doesn't exist?

We can see the affects of gravity every single day so we know it exists, we can see magnates use....forget it I shouldn’t even have to explain that much to you

Before we were even able to see a nebula did that mean nebula's didn't exist ?

It did exist we just didn’t have the technological capability to prove it’s existence at that time – we have the technology NOW to prove or disprove whether or not a planet is headed this way in a matter of four years. If we can see stars in other galaxies we can see a planet in our own solar system headed this way.
Your logic is flawed con....................

[edit on 18-7-2008 by andre18]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I"m drunk right now. Even my drunk brain can't incorporate any of your "logic" as making any sense due to the fact that, as much as you try to refute any branching arguments about anything regarding cosmological reality, you haven't even come close to proving the 2012 ascension, alien, alignment, spiritual theories to be wrong.

Oh God, begin drunk this has become SO hard for me to write out... LOL

Stop with your pseudo-intellectual (copy-cat intellectual) rhetoric and start affirming and being assertive about knowledge-based theories instead of... Crap...

Peace and love

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Also, because you have DECIDED to accept SOME astronomers deductions about planet Nibiru DOES NOT mean you have DECIDED to accept the correct astronomers deductions.

There's many astronomers out there, and there's many observations and many theories. Please, just look through all of them.

Peace and love Always.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by sllapur]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
If you study astrology you will realize that the age they are ending is the same age as all astrology calendars, even the bible. Which most people do not realize the bible runs in exact time as the mayan calendar because they were led away from the study of astrology. The end of the age of pisces is the beginning of Revelation in the bible. All around the world we were (are) led by the same god(s). "ow stop c" book

[edit on 18-7-2008 by seek4 truth]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join