It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Debunked

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
OMG this planet X thing. Anyone who follows Nancy is a complete goof. This is nothing but a money sucking scam. The planet was suppose to be here in 2003.

YOU mean we have the hubble space telescope and astronomers all over the world and we cant see a planet the size of jupiter/saturn less than 4 years out?? We could detect it even if it were a brown dwarf as some planet X theorists now claim.

Jesus H Christ get real use a little common sense people. IF this story was anywhere near true every 3800 years we would be in deep crap and mankind would prob not be here!!! 3800 years is NOTHING. A planet that size would disrupt us far to often for us to be here let alone at the level we are at.

Worry about a comet / asteroid hitting that can happen, worry about a nuclear war that can happen, heck even worry about a gamma ray burst before you worry about a planet that is INVISIBLE. Cause it would have to be invisible not for us to be able to see it. Thing was suppose to be here in 2000, 2003, and some people even said 2008.

2012 may be a doomsday but it wont be by a planet X unless the planet has stealth technology LOL>

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by seek4 truth
If you study astrology you will realize that the age they are ending is the same age as all astrology calendars, even the bible. Which most people do not realize the bible runs in exact time as the mayan calendar because they were led away from the study of astrology. The end of the age of pisces is the beginning of Revelation in the bible. All around the world we were (are) led by the same god(s). "ow stop c" book

[edit on 18-7-2008 by seek4 truth]

Yes I agree, and Issac Newton was also trying to calculate this Date saying the mayan calendar has it wrong. Now keep in mind this is the guy that brought us Calculus which is the rate of things changing . He postulated it to be around 2060.

Too bad Andre wasn't around back then eh,, he might have listened to andre and we would andreless rather than calculus lol

- Con

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
To all those who feel change is happening, or say that there are changes all around them. Can you quantify those changes? Can you list them? ive seen that claim a lot in relation to 2012, "change this change that" but no one actually says what the changes are.

You know what I see?

A rise in world famine.
A rise in militarism
A rise in violence
A rise in theocracy
A desperate population trying to rationalize the world around them as it all falls to pieces.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
You know what I see?

A rise in world famine.
A rise in militarism
A rise in violence
A rise in theocracy
A desperate population trying to rationalize the world around them as it all falls to pieces.

Yeah, all those are mentioned in the book of revelation too.

scary stuff.

BOO!

- Con

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

really? please post direct quotes mentioning such things. I find it hard to believe a religious text would speak ill of Theocratic rule.

i should say that i dont buy into revelations, or much of organized religious texts.

On topic, my understanding is that 2012 is simply the end of a calender cycle. As in, the calender restarts, or another calender would have been redrawn.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Conspiriology

really? please post direct quotes mentioning such things. I find it hard to believe a religious text would speak ill of Theocratic rule.

i should say that i dont buy into revelations, or much of organized religious texts.

On topic, my understanding is that 2012 is simply the end of a calender cycle. As in, the calender restarts, or another calender would have been redrawn.

I gave up trying to prove things to people who actively engage in disbelieving in God 24/7 a long time ago. I mean after all,, you said:

"i should say that i dont buy into revelations, or much of organized religious texts"

So why should I

If you want to know what it is I am talking about,,

do it your damn self lazy

try NWO and one world religion, revelation, KJV

It's in there

- Con

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
people who promote 2012 conspiracy's are well aware of this and incorporate it into the theories, also i had heard that certain prophesies accompanied their various "ages" and this is what people point to. I don't think this debunks anything, sorry.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
A tour guide?...haha

Even if the tour guide knew something about 2012, he not being paid to sit down and tell a story of whats going to happen in 2012, thats just company protocol.
He has people asking him every day about the 2012.

You don't really think the tour guide say something like "Oh yeah 2012 is when the the world blows up and we all die. Ok now on to viewing this lovely ancient painting of a dog." and continue the rest of the tour casually...

Mayans are not the only ones to predict 2012.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I gave up trying to prove things to people who actively engage in disbelieving in God 24/7 a long time ago. I mean after all,, you said:

"i should say that i dont buy into revelations, or much of organized religious texts"

Just because I do not believe in Organized Religion does not mean I do not believe in God, a God Force, a Source, or whatever other names could be used.

Your narrow mindedness is a product of religious indoctrination and it is that propaganda that I do not follow.

I walk my own spiritual path, it will be judged by no man or god but my own.

So why should I

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You made the claim that revelations predicted an increase in the list I provided above, i asked you to back it up.

If you want to know what it is I am talking about,,

do it your damn self lazy

try NWO and one world religion, revelation, KJV

It's in there

- Con

Your anger is amusing. Because i do not believe as you believe, i am labeled as lazy. Perhaps I am preoccupied with taking care of more important personal matters than to go gallivanting across Google in search of non-existent prophecies.

You say I am lazy? You seem to be the one unwilling or perhaps unable to back up your claims. Put your money where your words are.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by buds84

Mayans are not the only ones to predict 2012.

Absolutely!!!!!!!!! Flag for you!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Andre I consulted my puppet I drew on my hand. Her name is Hennifer lopez. She tells me that your posts are complete nonsense and you never contribute anything of value. I tried to tell her about your covenant theory thread, but we eventually agreed that all your other posts including this one is such nonsense there's no reason to read that wall of text.
My hand puppet can prolly beat up your tour guide.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

Or could it just be that he told me the truth, that nothing out of the ordinary is going to happen – is that so hard for you to accept?

If a tour guide (a professional) isn’t the right kind of person to ask about 2012 then who is? Should I have asked some guy who wrote a book that is unsupported by any professional Mayanist scholar? Is he more adequate to answer my questions? – are you suggesting a nonprofessional is more knowledgeable about 2012 then a professional?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Just because I do not believe in Organized Religion does not mean I do not believe in God, a God Force, a Source, or whatever other names could be used.

I never said you didn't

Your narrow mindedness is a product of religious indoctrination and it is that propaganda that I do not follow.

Hey smart guy it is YOUR narrow mind that can't be open to the 2012 idea NOT mine.

I walk my own spiritual path, it will be judged by no man or god but my own.

Yeah yeah yeah you're a God unto yourself pffft.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You made the claim that revelations predicted an increase in the list I provided above, i asked you to back it up.

You also told me you reject my stable datum and is why I said what I did

Your anger is amusing. Because i do not believe as you believe, i am labeled as lazy. Perhaps I am preoccupied with taking care of more important personal matters than to go gallivanting across Google in search of non-existent prophecies.

Yeah, so your time is more valuable than mine, I get that and THAT is why I say look it up your damn self.

You say I am lazy? You seem to be the one unwilling or perhaps unable to back up your claims. Put your money where your words are.

I'm still waiting for andre to do the same thing, 2012 is a well established issue going on all over with a plethora of evidence and reasons behind all the curiosity. The reason I am not going to lift a finger for YOU is because you can do it yourself. If you think I am in some way going to seek your damn approval just because you think my need to be right is in jeopardy, you're dead wrong.

I couldn't care less what you think of 2012

Or me

- Con

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
reply to post by buds84

Or could it just be that he told me the truth, that nothing out of the ordinary is going to happen – is that so hard for you to accept?

If a tour guide (a professional) isn’t the right kind of person to ask about 2012 then who is? Should I have asked some guy who wrote a book that is unsupported by any professional Mayanist scholar? Is he more adequate to answer my questions? – are you suggesting a nonprofessional is more knowledgeable about 2012 then a professional?

HA HA HA YEAH he is a ProFessssssional lol

Why he is right up thar with Doctors and Lawers! Sort of like a Professional Waitress huh

Give it up Andre before you choke on it

Your whole argument is hanging by

a tour guide's opinion

WoW

- Con

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

HA HA HA YEAH he is a ProFessssssional lol

Well yes he is a professional, that’s why he’s a tour guide…it’s his job – I don’t get what’s so funny, can you fill me in on the big joke?

Your whole argument is hanging by a tour guide's opinion

Yes it basically is – that’s what I’ve been saying all this time, I went to the Mayan city and asked the tour guide I went with what 2012 is all about – I don’t understand why you feel my argument falls apart by that instance. Why don’t you tell me who I should have asked instead – David Wilcock? LoL now that’s funny.

Can you honestly tell me who you subscribe to, as whom you believe has the truth on 2012 – where do you get your facts from?

[edit on 18-7-2008 by andre18]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by buds84

I find your sense of humor very productively amusing... I'm amused...

About what Andre18 has followed up with on this thread.

We all accept what you say and and what you were told. We're not saying we don't. There's no reason, though, to take in face-value what "evidence" you have attempted to shove down the throat of everyone who reads this thread.

You have really made this into something personal in the sense that you are eager for people to accept what you are saying and take you as being the one who brought light to the 2012 issue.

Look, what someone said about the guides having protocols is completely true. Why would they have the protocol? Because of the other thing that person said, which is that MANY people question the guides about the Mayan calendar and 2012 dilemma.

O.k., so now you think, "he's just talking as if it's fact that something big will happen in 2012..."... That' because there is still a larger amount of evidence showing that something will happen than there is disproving that something will happen... Yes, even though you have started this thread, there is STILL more evidence to show something will happen.

Also, you have to realize something more profound. Something big will happen in 2012, just as it happens every single day. The Universe. The magic of the essence of profound wisdom and cosmic realization. Chances are, a myriad of things will condense into the date of 2012 and produce a global "awakening". This could be anything from aliens showing up in everyone's doorstep to simple media exposure about the reality of quantum mechanics affecting our every instant in coordination with the entire Universe, which is kind of exactly what the Mayas knew...

One last thing;

You attempted rhetoric by mocking David Wilcock and his ability to compare to your tour-guide... Why? How would you know whether or not David Wilcock and all the people in his enormous list of acquaintances, in the fields of the subject-matter, would be any less professional at what they do than your tour-guide?

Mmm... "maybe, cause they didn't study in university for it?", you say? The majority of them actually did, since most are respectful scientists and military, etc... But also, maybe the fact that the reality that is taught in Universities does not address issues like UFOs, ETs, 2012, crop circles (etc.) as something to be taught. Why? Well, the answer is more than obvious and it's out there everywhere you look. It's not the world we live in yet... Even spirituality, something that goes back to the very "start" of man on this planet and has NEVER been proven to be unreal, is not something Universities even touch... except specialized institutes...

Peace and love always

[edit on 19-7-2008 by sllapur]

[edit on 19-7-2008 by sllapur]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
reply to post by Akezzon

Just like we have many ages like the age of Gemini, the Mayans just have one age. Right now we’re in the age of Pisces which has a date to which it ends. The Mayans own age finishes in 2012…that’s all it is…

Your missing the point of a lot of 2012 material, the whole prophecy is meant to be about the world entering a new consciousness and spiritual awareness to some a new world the 5th specifically.

Anyway it's not about the world ending which is the angle i think you had in mind, it's about ti changing.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   

"he's just talking as if it's fact that something big will happen in 2012..."... That' because there is still a larger amount of evidence showing that something will happen than there is disproving that something will happen

You know I have to say I’ve been looking at all this 2012 evidence for so long now, I’ve spent late nights shifting through the BS and I’m sad to say everything is basically BS. Don’t tell me I haven’t looked hard enough because trust me I have – if there’s something I’ve missed can just show me because I’m sick and tired of reading pages upon pages of 2012 conspiracies with no solid evidence backing it up.

Including Wilcock, if you look at the Camelot interviews you’ll notice that not a single one of the interviewed provides any actually evidence for their 2012 claims. The biggest problem with Project Camelot is they interview people about 2012 but have never actually asked any professional Mayanst scholars – people who actually research the Mayan culture as their profession

Common sense will tell you, if you want to find out about 2012 you don’t interview bloody government officials about the Mayan culture LOL, you interview professional Mayan scholars

[edit on 19-7-2008 by andre18]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

The people from Project Camelot are not here to argument with you, so I'd like to insist on retaining any finger-pointing claims about them.

They are by no means an issue to the subject. David Wilcock is an entity separate from Project Camelot, as are all the other people.

No, you haven't done all the research yet, because the research never ends...

Very, very funny; I have seen many, many Mayanist interviewees and some have said that nothing will happen because all the hype is just sensationalism whilst others say something has to happen because the recurring cycles have always brought with them some sort of global event...

I think it is very funny that you are more certain about your ability to speak than you are about your inner-wisdom and objectivity. It is of course a period of existence everyone experiences. If you keep on maturing, as I'd suggest anyone to do and do so myself, then you will certainly look back one day and think, "Man, what was the point of all that?"

So, anyways. You can pinpoint any specific group about 2012 claims, but that only means that, as all of us, the truth is still aloof because in our trend-line (or time-line) 2012 is as of yet an inconclusive subject, and will (has to) remain that way until the time actually comes to pass.

Let us all live in greater peace and harmony until then and past that time. If we achieve just that by 2012, then I'm sure everyone will be more than content and assertive of a correlation with the prophecies of so many ancient cultures.

I won't say that they may happen by coincidence because I understand coincidence to be a factored product of reality, generally alluded to by minds abiding of inconclusiveness about self-awareness and Universal unison.

Peace and Love.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join