It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Debunked

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Hello everyone on ATS....

I just came back today from my three week holiday in Mexico and discovered the truth behind the 2012 Mayan Calender. What I don’t quite yet understand is why no one has already done what I’ve done – it’s so simple.

While in Mexico I travelled to both the ancient Aztec and Mayan cities. While standing before the Mayan pyramids I asked my travel guide about 2012, he told me that the reason the Mayan’s Calender ended on 2012 is simply because it’s the end of their era. EG...

We have our own ages like Pisces, Capricorn, Aquarius etc. All 2012 is, is the end of the Mayan age. Remember the Mayans only new of the world around them, meaning 2012 only accounts for the Mayans and no one else.

The Mayans were very interested in the stars and how they moved, so much so, that they built their own observatory to better understand the stars movements.

Nothing will happen in 2012, no aliens, no ascension, no higher level of consciousness... it is just an era that will end in 4 years time...

[edit on 13-7-2008 by andre18]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
he probably told you that because you are a gringo...

2012 will not be debunked until Dec 12 2012 and beyond..

either way...a lot of stuff is already happening.
The change in consciousness is already here. And its snowballing.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
What era is that?

Not sure this is so simple since their "era" was over long ago...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

I wouldn't say "debunked" based on the view of a travel guide. I would think that if this simple travel guide was able to know so surely that this is what it meant, 2012 wouldn't be such a heated topic. However, something as simple as this is probably all we will see on the 21st. Can't help but wish for something a little bit more dramatic though

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

Just like we have many ages like the age of Gemini, the Mayans just have one age. Right now we’re in the age of Pisces which has a date to which it ends. The Mayans own age finishes in 2012…that’s all it is…

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I agree with the OP. The Mayan calendar is a cycle-based calendar that has already repeated in the past without any major catastrophes. Other than wild speculations, there are no real indications that this calendar end is of any major global significance - be it end-of-the-world scenario, mysterious planet coming out of nowhere scenario or a humanwide ascention to some fantastical higher planes of existance.

Yes, my eyes are very open and I looked at the "so-called" information and I concluded that 2012 will be just another year in human history. On December 31, I adopt a new calendar. In 2012, the Mayans will adopt a new long count calendar. Simple as that. Too bad the Mayan civilization didn't last long enough (en masse) to celebrate their new calendar.

McMartinson

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Might be so, sure.

But as someone said, alot is happening. Could be a coincidence that all these changes is happening now ofcourse.
But I am not totally willing to accept a "debunk" like that. Especially not from a guide.

Have you seen Ian Xel Lungolds interpretation of the Mayan calander by any chance?

If not, you should. Quite interesting.

Ian Lungold Secrets of the Mayan Calendar Unveiled (1of3)

Ian Lungold Secrets of the Mayan Calendar Unveiled (2of3)

Ian_Lungold_-_Secrets_of_the_Mayan_Cale ndar_Unveiled_(3_of_3).avi

They are quite long....but wwirth watching.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Akezzon]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
The reason 2012 is so heatedly debated is because no one really asks the people that live their and so it becomes tangled up in conspiracies. I did ask the people that live their and now I have the answer...it’s simple, logically actually makes sense...

I find it quite amusing how some of you have already started accusing what the guide said as BS because it doesn’t fit into what you believe

The Mayan age is only for the Mayans...it has nothing to do with us because we aren’t Mayans. Let’s say the entire of humanity was wiped and a thousand years later aliens come and say “look they believed that according to the age of Aquarius, the universe will end in X years because Aquarius ends on this date” and then they start making up idiotic ideas on how the end of the universe will happen…

Nothings going to happen

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I'll venture a guess that on December 22nd, 2012 I'm going to wake up, brush my teeth, go to work, come home and prepare for Christmas. However, how do you account for other ancient cultures (Hopi Indians, Egyptians and others) "eras," "cycles," or religious implications with the year 2012?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

I agree nothing is going to happen, I just stated that I would rather enjoy seeing something happen, for excitement's sake.

It still shouldn't be considered "debunked" however, because a mayan tour guide is not necessarily a better source than a British archeologist who has studied the Mayans all his life. That is just a general statement.

The reason alot of people think something is going on is because of a lot of coincidences that seem to be occurring lately, about information, sightings, etc. etc. I am naturally skeptic of a lot, so I am inclined to agree with the theory that the calendar has to end some date, why not make it a date far in the future when it probably won't matter anymore? I don't see us making many calenders for the year 10,002 ACE (AC)

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp

It’s debunked because these guides are professionals – for goodness sake they live in Mexico – they are Mexican, they would know morethen British archeologists because the Mayan civilization is apart of their culture. There are monuments all over Mexico of Aztecs and Mayans and how the conquistadors enslaved the natives – Mexicans know their history.

I can’t believe that people are willing to accept 1) aliens, 2) ascension, 3) higher conciseness etc, but when someone finally goes to the actually place and asks, the other three theories are more plausible...what?

[edit on 13-7-2008 by andre18]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Not true something is going to happen, its called a solar maximum.

The last time we had one, we weren't reliant so much upon wireless communications and electronics.
So things will happen around this time and beyond it but not the silly things that many say about pole shifts and the like.
Last time we had one the northern lights were seen as far south as Mexico.
This will have some impact on our lives in this modern age im sure.
Another theory about the end of the myan calendar, and it is a good theory at that, is that they stopped writing it because they died out.From disease famine and war.Just like many South American tribes at the time.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Regardless, you can't just say 2012 is debunked. 2012 is something tangible, or will hold a physical state of being for us. 2012 isn't a CGI rendering that some computer nerd, eating hot pockets, drinking energy drinks on a Friday Night just randomly conceived due to his lack of social skills, and boredom with World of Warcraft. On December 22nd, 2012, then you can say "2012 is debunked."

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Well it is a well known fact that professional Mexican tourguides are THE authority on all things mystical & unexplained, so who are we to argue

Thanks so much for clearing that up for us. By the way would someone mind emailing David Wilcock & Co. and tell them that they can all close their respective websites & get jobs at Wall-Mart instead?
I'd do it myself but I'm of to egypt to find the truth about the sfinxes and pyramids from the local tour guides.
I'll be sure to share the truth with the rest of you of course

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
No offense to the research here or the OP, but there was a video that includes the fact that the Mayan calendar runs out in the year 2012 because that is the end of the age of Pisces and he beginning of the age of Aquarius.
Its the changing of an era that is the source of the suspicion.

I cant seem to find it, but I think it is part of one of the Loose Change videos.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

So, 2012 is debunked simply because a tour guide told you so. You're not really credible if that is your standard of research. What evidence have you got? Actually what evidence have you got you even spoke to a tour guide?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
The reason 2012 is so heatedly debated is because no one really asks the people that live their and so it becomes tangled up in conspiracies. I did ask the people that live their and now I have the answer...it’s simple, logically actually makes sense...

I find it quite amusing how some of you have already started accusing what the guide said as BS because it doesn’t fit into what you believe

The Mayan age is only for the Mayans...it has nothing to do with us because we aren’t Mayans. Let’s say the entire of humanity was wiped and a thousand years later aliens come and say “look they believed that according to the age of Aquarius, the universe will end in X years because Aquarius ends on this date” and then they start making up idiotic ideas on how the end of the universe will happen…

Nothings going to happen

you said you asked a travel guide. you did not go into the jungles and ask a true native?
Ever been to any reservation and met an elder? or a shaman?

You cant ask some half baked travel guide about something and expect to now understand the history.
Not everybody just jumps on bandwagons and follows what other people say. Some people do research. Some people are anthropologists. Some people travel. And some people are journalists.

Just because a lot of people on ats are ridiculously nuts about things and tend to blow things out of proportion and distort facts, as well as the fact that there are instigators and cia disinformation ''agents'' abound, doesn't mean everyone is the same.

Half truths are all over the place, but one thing is for certain....the elevation in consciousness is about to be mandatory. The earth is starting to vibrate at a higher frequency. We are going to be in alignment with the galactic center. The people who hold some of the highest positions in government are related to mind bending numbers of rulers throughout history. And there is disinformation all about. But one thing is for certain...great change is already here, and its only going to start changing more and more.
The next few years leading up to and beyond 2012 are going to be marked by change. They are going to be the very years that decide our continued existence or extinction.

Another thing is for certain...the greatest change, IMO, will occur when the majority of people realize the power latent within themselves and the abilities they were previously unaware of. Unfathomable and unlimited energy and expanded consciousness/awareness.

Its easy to write many things off without doing the proper research.

"Condemnation, without investigation is the HIGHEST form of Ignorance"- Albert Einstein

I also agree that all of your realities are simultaneously correct and incorrect. Your thoughts create your own reality, and nothing anyone ever says will change that. cool..but thats your reality and it only belongs to you.
We all experience different things and the truth will always be relative. Today, relative according to the information, and especially the quality( or the lack thereof), that one processes in the amazing organ we call a brain.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
The reason 2012 is so heatedly debated is because no one really asks the people that live their and so it becomes tangled up in conspiracies.

Actually, I think the reason it is so heatedly debated is because nobody knows what's going to happen in the future. Also, because most people are just content to accept a convenient answer, like "nothing's going to happen."

I did ask the people that live their and now I have the answer...it’s simple, logically actually makes sense...

Tour guides are the ultimate authority in all things. Also, one of my grandmothers was Sicilian. When I was younger, I asked her some questions about the Mafia, figuring that she would know because she was from the same ethnic group that the Mafia came from. Her response, "There's no such thing. The Mafia is something that people made up to make Italians look bad." That explanation must be true, after all she was Sicilian.

I find it amusing how you are so ready to accept the word of a tour guide. They memorize a pamphlet... They're usually not great scholars. And, I don't really have any particular beliefs about 2012 anyway. I'll see what happens when it happens, or when it doesn't happen.

There are still descendants of the Mayans in Mexico... Should they be worried? If it only applies to Mayans. Wait! No... I forgot. The tour guide said it would be okay.

Nothings going to happen

We'll see.

When I was quite young, I heard the prophecies about the new millenium, and I was terrified. For years I was obsessed with reading about the end of the world, and was convinced that we would all die. I kept coming up with theories as to why the prophecies were wrong, because I was trying to make myself believe that they weren't true. Obviously, the world did not end, and we're all still here to laugh about my ignorance as a child.

Are you trying to convince us that nothing is going to happen, or are you trying to convince yourself?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by iiinvision

"Condemnation, without investigation is the HIGHEST form of Ignorance"- Albert Einstein

Agreed, there are mystery's revolving around 2012 and the date of Oct 28, 2011. Even the so called experts can't say for sure what is going to happen. Other civilizations have made mention of these dates not only the Mayans. It is evident that something is happening and changes are occurring on earth even at this time. I believe before 2012 approaches there will be more knowledge given to us about those specfic dates.
I believe it has something to do with the cycle of the Sun and how it will effect the planet. I've heard of the earth pole-shift theory as well.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Malevolent_Aliens]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
At last!

A ray of hope in the midst of all this talk about our impending death!

Star & flagged.

Its too bad that most people have a death wish- she'll be here in a minute, telling me i love pink fluffy bunnies- (my stalker)

Nevertheless, although it is not really debunked, it sure allows for some hope which we all need

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join