It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All ATS users DETAINED!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Has anyone ever thought that if martial law is declared here in the USA that the ATS users will be detained and sent away to concentration type camps like the rest of the "conspiracy theorists" and people the government determines are a threat to itself? I believe that if all the theories are correct and martial law is declared, ATS has got to be near the top of the CIA's list of people to detain or watch closely.

I have a friend who will not even log onto the ATS site because he truly believes that when the crap hits the fan he will be taken. This individual will not use ATS at work, home, friends place, or anywhere. I had thought about this before hearing him say it but to have someone else think the same thing really reaffirmed my belief. I know the CIA or some other agency has got to be wathcing the activity here on ATS and flagging some of the more "threatening" members. What do you think? What will you do in the event this actually happens? They already know where you live, work, and possibly who you associate with. I do believe we are seen as a threat to the new government and we will be dealt with accordingly.

Does anyone else think this as well?

EDIT for spelling

[edit on 11-7-2008 by bakednutz]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
No. I believe that the US government is only going to take in those that thinks that will cause trouble to these camps. We aren't really a threat to them. If the US government wanted to they could take us and detain us in a secret prison camp but they haven't which means they think we're not a threat to them.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Also, if they declared martial law, why would they bother rounding up anyone who disagrees with them. I figure they would just ship off those who refused to obey, not those who disagree. I would imagine, that while I would disagree with the government, I would be pretty easy to intimidate with the general scenario of martial law. You're talking about half the country being put in camps.

Who would be left to man the juice bar at the compound of the elite?

I mix a a pretty good strawberry banana smoothie.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by CallMeMaury]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
No. I believe that the US government is only going to take in those that thinks that will cause trouble to these camps. We aren't really a threat to them. If the US government wanted to they could take us and detain us in a secret prison camp but they haven't which means they think we're not a threat to them.

I will have to disagree with you. They are not going to start pulling US citizens off of the streets now because we pose no threat to the current government and are protected ( I think?) by the first amendment. Plus it would attract attention on ATS if suddenly a member went missing. Attention they dont want.

If you think that no one could be labeled a threat here on ATS I think you should take a closer look at some of the threads on here. There was one not to long ago about overthrowing the current goverment. If that is not threatening then what is?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Personally, i believe i would be targeted regardless of whether or not i am on ATS.

I've made an appearance at one or two anti-establishment protest rallies, so if they're going to target anyone it's going to be me.

They'll be going after the people they think are threats, not the people who they think are taking care of themselves.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

But are members on this forums really a threat to the nwo? Think about it for a sec. If they start taking people its only going to be a handful of people not some massive chunk of the members. When it really comes down to it we are really only just a small community reflecting the wider community of earth who just happen to talk about "conspiricy" topics out in the open.

Just my 2c.

-fm

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by funky monk

Im not saying they will take all of us. But they might watch you a little closer than the average person. Maybe ATS users and others alike will be the first to get micro chipped.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   

oh ok lol your first post sounded like we were all getting detained.
But meh. If they wanna watch some of us thats their problem, they can spend the extra money and time watching us a little more closer.

-fm

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Conspiracy theorists are not a threat to "national security" because conspiracy theorist only seek information, seek a greater truth, or see a way the puzzle fits together that the masses do not see. Even conspiracy theorists who broadcast the "truth" are not a threat, because the masses are easy to manipulate with the "big lie." A conspiracy theorist would only be a threat to "national security" if they have the ability to convert the masses into seeing beyond the "big lie" and into seeing the puzzle for what it is. And even then, with the veil no longer up, the only threat to "national security" comes from those who are willing to put their neck on the line and take action....

...sadly, those days have long since gone. Otherwise, things wouldn't have gotten as bad as they have. The vast majority of us have already accepted our imprisonment, we built it around ourselves without realizing it.

Thats not to say we're all doomed to imprisonment for the rest of our lives and there is no chance for redemption...but I for one don't think this chain of events is going to be stopped...its just what will come after the next Dark Age that puzzles me......

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
In the current climate, boards like this do them no harm whatsoever. As far as the powers that be are concerned, the more differing (and ideally conflicting) conspiricies that are out there on the web, the better. They can just pass accusations off as 'those conspiracy nuts' again.

Thats not to say that they may get to a few of the real 'trouble-makers' on this board if they become too much of a problem

They would probably leave the rest of us to spend our days shouting at each other about reptilians, Nibiru and demonic posession.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I would say that the only time that a Government would take interest in ATS is when BIG NAMES from Government or the Military start using this site to ''reveal'' things.

Also remember, that this is an International website so the US Government could not round up members from foreign countries ........ well not easily anyway.

Haha, if the CIA/FBI/MI6/MI5 wants to observe me all day everyday I would suggest to any observer to get yourself a big book to read cause you will be extremely bored.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

I never really thought if there were any "big names" from the military or other angencies giving insight into things here on ATS. Do you think there are some?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by bakednutz
reply to post by Wotan

I never really thought if there were any "big names" from the military or other angencies giving insight into things here on ATS. Do you think there are some?

Who knows? Would we ever know?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by madhatr137
Conspiracy theorists are not a threat to "national security" because conspiracy theorist only seek information, seek a greater truth, or see a way the puzzle fits together that the masses do not see. Even conspiracy theorists who broadcast the "truth" are not a threat, because the masses are easy to manipulate with the "big lie." A conspiracy theorist would only be a threat to "national security" if they have the ability to convert the masses into seeing beyond the "big lie" and into seeing the puzzle for what it is. And even then, with the veil no longer up, the only threat to "national security" comes from those who are willing to put their neck on the line and take action....

I think that you are sadly mistaken. To normal thinking people we are no threat. To a paranoid military planner in the Pentagon however...

Also, don't you think with the paranoia associated with this administration, that this site is well know and monitored?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
LOL I'm not being taken anywhere, i'm heavy pro Us and despite liking to discuss conspiracy theory i'm an ardent support of the majority of the conspiracies lol... Big Patriot,

Might get a job lol... but definitely i'm not going anywhere...

SR

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
But disinformation campaigns are and have been successfully run on this website and throughout the world, There are always going to be people who take a story first hand without thinking of the motives or looking at evidence that doesn't support it.

What you got to remember is that a government will back both sides of a story.

There will be people who come on and support the conspiracy theory then even show some evidence or explain something which gains popularity and most important TRUST to the theory and then derail it completely making everyone look like 'tinfoil wearing whackjobs' or hijack it which effectively keeps the thoery in a permanent state of confusion which = control.

A recent real life example of this would be 9/11 conspiracy theories.

The public would be used against us, they'd be the witch hunters and discreditors. Because what you got to remember is the miltary are also members of the public as well you don't want to throw a cog in the machine by getting the military to come round up all conspiracy theorists without any reason.

You don't want to plant the seeds of doubt into your own miltary machine especially if a solidier comes home and is curious and starts researching why members of the public like us where put away.

You just keep conspiracy theorists confused which = control.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Hey, just as you know, and for the rest of you .. America is not the world. Even though you have world championship with only American states competing, the rest of the world still exists .. How will they detain us outside America? Not that WE are the ones making up the stories..

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by wolf241e
I think that you are sadly mistaken. To normal thinking people we are no threat. To a paranoid military planner in the Pentagon however...

Also, don't you think with the paranoia associated with this administration, that this site is well know and monitored?

I have no doubt this site is monitored...but really...? How many of us are real threats? How many of us are "the Great Destroyer"?

I hate everything that America has come to stand for and think I can see things for what they are, or at least have a little bit of a clearer view, and am openly vocal about it(freedom of speech and all) but do I think I'm on a watch list? Probably not. Possibly...but none of us are going to really know until the Geheime Staatspolizei come to take us away.

Thing is, we can all sit here and think that we're more significant than we really are because of what we know, or think we know...or we can be significant because of what we do...too many of us choose the former....me, I say be brash, be proud, do something...but I'm aware of my insignificance in the larger picture...

...for now...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I don't think that we at ATS are a threat to any governments anywhere. We might have potential to be a minor threat in the sense of a group who might be most likely to acquire or post uncomfortable information, i.e. valid UFO photos, FOIA documents, etc. Even then though, it seems to me the way this kind of information has presumably been dealt with in the past by governments is working just fine for them.

I would further guess that "disappearing" or imprisoning people would create evidence and would also be a whole lot more difficult than merely discrediting them.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
bake' your friend is "wise-of-a-type". There are those negative influences "out-there" becoming sloppy and more apparent daily. There are also those who will choose to engage these forces on their own enfeebled terms and then there are the "wildcards". 4 and whores; cards to gamblers, High-Chicago.

Les

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join