It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Larry King Live - Stephenville Texas sightings revisited (Friday 7/11/08)!!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I called Ricky after the show and told him he did a great job for the amount of time they gave him.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
www.youtube.com... on-line now...

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I thought the show was weak, at best. No compelling evidence for the "average joe". Radar data simply confirms what believers already know, and non believers would never bother to study it anyway. Ok, something without a transponder was over Tx, big freakin deal. Hmm, I don't seem to see any items on Drudge this morning breaking this HUGE UFO story. "But, it was flying towards GW's ranch!"....again, where's the breaking news? There isn't any. Because it's no big deal. Just more fodder for "serious ufo researchers"...to make more money.

The SETI guy had a good point wether you like it or not. We have google earth that can look at the car in your driveway...we have millions of camera phones, camcorders, etc...where's all the compelling visual evidence?

My answer? UFO's aren't very common close to the ground. However they ARE common in the starry night sky. Almost on a nightly basis, if you have a clear view. I've seen them many times. We have a thread going about it. Problem is, they're difficult to film because of the condition. But, we are getting some. But, hey, if the "average joe" is able to go out and do it...then how would all the "ufo experts" have anything to debunk? It's not good for their egos or their pocketbooks. No, instead, let's just sit around staring at computer screens, waiting for someone to present the smoking gun, see who can yell CGI first.

The way ET will get around these charlatans is by going high. ANYone can go out and look at them from many places at once because they're in space. Follow a group of them and tell me they're satellites. You'll look like an idiot in my opinion. Tiny lights zipping around, making incredible maneuvers, almost nightly in the starry sky doesn't sell books or get people on the radio or tv, in fact it takes them right out of the loop. Unfortunately, very few people take the time to look up into the night sky. Instead of sitting around in a circle___k, pouring over "evidence" of ancient cases like Roswell and now this one...why don't you all just go out and actually look for them yourselves? They're there. It may take a little while...but LOOK. It's more awesome seeing the real thing, trust me.

Are they ET? I have no idea. If they're ours, wow, we have some pretty amazing technology, and I feel sorry for our future enemies.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
What Ricky Sorrells saw was not a star and it was only 300 feet above him in day light.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

That may or may not be true, we'll never know, because there wasn't a concurrent sighting to confirm it. Which is very unfortunate given its' massive size. I happen to find him credible. Too bad he didn't have the wherewithall to pull out his camera phone, assuming he had one.

My chances of going out tonight and seeing a similar craft are slim to none. I would give my odds of seeing a starlike UFO tonight at about 75%, assuming a clear night.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I've followed this case from day 1 btw...even followed along with the field trip/barbecue from the folks at .."that other site".

All this radar data did for me was confirm it MAY not have been a bunch of good ol boys from Texas concocting a compelling story and using an "ex" newspaper reporter to get it out.

Why didn't it seem to bother the fighters that it was heading toward Bush's ranch? Maybe they already knew what it was.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by starcraft

Even though what Ricky saw was very large and in day light, he told me it only hovered 300 feet above him for approx 2 minutes, then took off in the blink of an eye.

He lives in a very rural area. I think his closest neighbor is a mile away from him so it could be very possible he was the only person to see it.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by starcraft
Ok, something without a transponder was over Tx, big freakin deal. Hmm, I don't seem to see any items on Drudge this morning breaking this HUGE UFO story. "But, it was flying towards GW's ranch!"....again, where's the breaking news?

So, you don't find anything wrong with, in a post-9/11 world, an unknown plane flying directly towards the President's Ranch?

The SETI guy had a good point wether you like it or not. We have google earth that can look at the car in your driveway...we have millions of camera phones, camcorders, etc...where's all the compelling visual evidence?

Yes, he has a great point, but he doesn't account for any cover-up. He said it himself, that he didn't believe the Government could cover this up, so he already disregarded any possibilities of a cover-up.

Lets not forget that it's not Google's own satellites that provide the images for Google Earth, it gets the images from an already existing number of sources. One if it's sources is from a company called DigitalGlobe. Let's see who are DigitalGlobe's other clients, for example:

DigitalGlobe's customers range from urban planners, to the U.S. federal agencies, including NASA and the United States Department of Defense's National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). As well, much of Google Earth and Google Maps high resolution-imagery is provided by DigitalGlobe, as is imagery used in Microsoft's TerraServer.

Google Earth's images are not 'live', nor they go directly to Google's servers and much less directly to people using Google Earth at home.

Not long ago Dick Cheney ordered that his housed be blurred from Google Earth. It is now blurred. If there's a cover-up of UFOs, what do you think happens to the images that display 'unknown' objects in them?

Now some will say "but Area 51 is not blurred, we can see everything!". Yeah it's not blurred and depends on what you mean by "seeing everything". The images of Area 51 and other sensitive areas, if they are not blurred, were more likely either modified or chosen for not having any 'interesting' details, for public viewing.

Bottom line, Google Earth is not live. The images are very likely heavily processed after being available to the public. Doesn't mean Google is in on it, because as I pointed out, Google gets the images from other companies.

But saying there are no UFOs because they don't show up on Google Earth, is not a very strong argument in my opinion.

edit: link

[edit on 12-7-2008 by danx]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Still, hard to believe, especially since he couldn't see the edges of it, and other witnesses said it may have been "thousands of feet" in width. Given that info, the edge of the craft should have darn near been over his neighbors house.

Multiple witnesses from a small community in TX not knowing one another? Would never collaborate? Hard to believe. A constable a credible witness?...ie. cops never lie??....COMPLETELY not true. I have experienced that myself. Cops do lie. A newspaper reporter as your frontman? How convenient.

Sorry, just playing devil's advocate, because I happen to believe ALL of them. However, there are some odd parts to the story. A lone militaryman visiting him in the middle of the night? Come now......why?....lol

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
ufo reality, if you would have gotten on air on LKL, what would you have said?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Well perhaps to intimidate him or get info on his work schedule etc. C'mon that isn't hard to figure out.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Google Earth doesn't even have close up pics of where my partner lives in the back of nowhere that is the coast of France. The idea that the whole world is already mapped and being watched is a bit of a modern myth.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Double Eights

I was on hold and ready to mention my phone conversation with a MAJOR from Lackland AFB back in January regarding Ricky's sighting then a loud pop and I was cut off. This was published on www.ufodigest.com:

Page 1: www.ufodigest.com...

Page 2: www.ufodigest.com...

[edit on 12-7-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
For those who missed it:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

It's also going to re-air on CNN at 9pm eastern time tomorrow night (Sunday)

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

But, why the need to intimidate him? It obviously doesn't work on Texans anyway. He was on LKL. What if, by chance, Ricky would have had surveillance cameras and caught all this? Not a good situation for the AF at that point. What if Ricky would have shot him? A trespasser ya know. Wouldn't make for good PR for the AF. It makes no logical sense to me.

I find it odd that "serious UFO researchers" who are convinced Big Brother is watching their activities....never have phone records or voice recordings of these mysterious phone conversations. UFOReality, do you have the capability of recording a phone convo if it happened in the next 10 minutes?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Whatever happened to the amazing video of the disappearing deer in the beam of light near the game feeder?

Whatever happened to the constable's dash cam footage? Was that the video shown on LKL last night? Because it looked nothing like what the constable first reported it looking like.

What does Angelia Joiner do for a living now anyway? Just curious

Are people paid to appear on LKL?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

People are NOT paid to be on Larry King Live.

Angelia is working I believe but what exactly she's doing I don't know. None of these people are rich by any means, nor are they making money from this. It's been nothing but a hassle for them.

No I don't have any phone recording technology.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

The "technology" costs about 25 bucks at Best Buy or RadioShack. It's a suction cup, a few wires and a recorder. It would bolster your incredible stories. Just my opinion.

To cover your butt, every time you get Big Brother on the line...just let them know you're recording them first.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Being on national tv is a hassle? I have a feeling it got someone at least a few free beers down at the local watering hole. Or a job.

Anyway....where's the other compelling video footage that surrounded this case? Is someone waiting for a higher bidder?

Where's the findings from the barbecue/ field trip that all the folks from .."the other site" supposedly captured? You know, the party that included Angelia, and Ricky himself?

Again, the radar date is compelling...it's necessary. But, why all the other drama that clouds this whole "case"?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

You can't expect them to see a UFO when they only met as a group for a weekend.

Perhaps the CNN folks provided them with some drinks and food, but other than that they've been bombarded with phone calls and their personal lives have become public. They aren't making any money like I said before. Ricky never asked for this. Can't you tell? This was the first time he really spoke out nationally and the only reason he did was because James Fox did a great job of convincing him to do so as well as other friends of his in the area that also chat on openmindsforum.com

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join