It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third Fragment of Hidden Sumerian Tablets Leaked

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneWeasel

yes it does

the bile says the Elohim created us

this is what the elohim is

if you believe in the trinity you believe God is a sing and pll word

if you dont you think God is a sing word

why i ask you wold they use the word Elohim or Gods to denote more than one person when you can use the regular God

why i ask you would they refer to pl deities in the creation of world when there is only ONE god or so you say

answer: the elohim is a council held by the father son and holy ghost along wwith the elct angels chosen for the creation of the world

answer: the elohim is a council of the elect angels headed by God

i have given answers for those who DO belive in the trinity and those who DONT. but either way the bible does say the elohim or a council of beings created the world and created us

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
Elohim is a word like to "deer." Depending on the context, it can be plural or singular. The context in the case of Genesis is singular..

No. Elohim is always plural. The interpretation of it as a singular noun is a matter of theological speculation.

Your linked .pdf is surprisingly poor in what it wishes to accomplish, but as it is spin research -- this time from the anti-Sitchin side -- it is really not a very serious contribution to understanding.

For further reasearch look into the meaning of the praise shout "Hallelujah" which can be faithfully rendered as "Shine, Lord, shine". Working with "El Elyon", El Shaddai, and elohim together with the cultic form of address, it is clear that "shining ones" may well give part of the meaning of the word though not all of the meaning, which I concede.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
No. Elohim is always plural. The interpretation of it as a singular noun is a matter of theological speculation.

How wrong you are:

In some cases (e.g. Exodus 3:4, "... Elohim called unto him out of the midst of the bush ..."), it acts as a singular noun in Hebrew grammar (see next section), and is then generally understood to denote the single God of Israel.

Elohim has plural morphological form in Hebrew, but it is used with singular verbs and adjectives in the Hebrew text when the particular meaning of the God of Israel (a singular deity) is traditionally understood. Thus the very first words of the Bible are bre# bara elohim, where bara ברא is a verb inflected as third person singular masculine perfect. SOURCE

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by aLinkToThePast
Sitchin dedicated 30 years of study in these fields and he truly believes in exactly what has been said about the annunaki.

Would this be the same Sitchin who was jailed for embezzlement to finance his first book of schlock, and wrote his second book of schlock while in prison. Is this the same Sitchin who, though schooled in economics, claims he is the only person in the world who can correctly read Sumerian? Would this be the same Sitchin who mistakes Sumerian and Akkadian, and frequently interchanges them to support his conclusions? Is this the same Sitchin who claims the Sumerians knew of 12 planets, when every single other researcher knows the Sumerians only knew 5? Is this the same Sitchin who says Seal VA 243 depicts the sun, when his supposed "sun" doesn't match any other symbol of the sun on any other tablet, and matches the symbol for "star"?

Shall I continue?

i know sitchin is a sketchy person , but can anyone else offer any explaination for these anomalies? which researchers say sumerians only knew about 5 planets can you post some info on your sources i'd like to read that.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
im sorry if this is all true....the best aliens could do was teach them to write on clay tablet's?

COMON my 3 year old kid with the size of a peanut can do that..

maybe a thousand years from now they will find my kid's mudpie where it was wrote on saying i love mom and dad..
and some fool will take it as this mudpie meant god was married !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

comon guys seriously.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneWeasel

The OP has posted this news in Skunk works. There should be no issue with posting any theory at all if so desired. Equally, it's entirely reasonable for people to dismiss theories that they feel don't have any basis in fact.

I'm sorry but you are missing the point. The poster I replied to contributed nothing to the discussion whatsoever. He only laughed and ridiculed the article. Why post when you have nothing to contribute?

So this brings us to the conclusion that the poster in question simply wants to make fun of people and even cleverly passes them of as "idiots".

So why are you defending this guy? You think it's ok what he is doing? I hope for the sake of ATS that you are not...

You state that the Sumer people "accomplished amazing things thousands of years ago. That may well be true, within a given historical context. I accept they were among the first to achieve various things, be it the first to use the wheel or less practical, cultural developments in language and communication.

They also invented the battery amongst many other things. Hell they invented civilization as we know it. How did they aquire all this knowledge?

What I don't accept is any demonstrated leap between their being a civilised society and their having supernatural abilities to predict the future.

Where is it stated they have supernatural abilities that can predict the future?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fastwalker81

I'm sorry but you are missing the point. The poster I replied to contributed nothing to the discussion whatsoever. He only laughed and ridiculed the article. Why post when you have nothing to contribute?

At first I wasn't sure if that was a crack at me or him or an attempted double blow at both but let it go anyway.

It is not my place to defend others and O.W. can give as good as he gets without my help but when I saw that Oz had posted I expected, nay hoped for such a reaction so I am fine with it.

By the way. Have you had any luck with translating OWAH TARFU LIAM

(Did you notice I decided to stick with the arrogant aggressor thing for this thread)

[edit on 11/7/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by iesus_freak
reply to post by LoneWeasel

the bile says the Elohim created us
this is what the elohim is
if you believe in the trinity you believe God is a sing and pll word

interesting....
the Elohim in the Hebrew text is the "Essence of the Heavens"

A sing and pll word ?
um... all is sound/waves/vibration

the Music Logarithmic Spiral is the key part of natures
progressions.

here is the beginning of creation from the Hebrew text
there are sequences in it...look them over ..see
what you all think
(it reads left to right... buts thats all whole other conspiracy on its own...lol)

[edit on 11-7-2008 by Maya432]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
what i find most interesting is that after "created earth".
it then goes to "created Veil ,"6" thorn. tetrahedron, the meeting tent, fire,"
and then if I`m seeing this right ,it is looping back around to the Veil.
how many times this loops I don`t understand yet but then it
goes to "creates God,ect.ect......

almost like it says that we go through a certain number of times
until we a capable of crossing to the next stage of the universal
evolution.

But go through what?

life and death experiences?
rising frequencies of awareness?

anyway, its wild stuff.

this new tablet does not seem to be of the same ...um...style as the
first ones.
if it was found in Iraq in 2006...ding ding( warningbells going off)
i dunno...there is so much propaganda comin outta that place...
almost sounds like a project Blue Beam kinda thing....
sitchin gets ...um...proven correct and ...the world FREAKS OUT...

hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Your using wikipedia as proof of your assertion? Not a very mighty source to back you up.

All I see is theological bias in your posts on the meaning of Elohim.

And as someone who has studied Hebrew, more than just a little, I suggest you find some better sources.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   

OWAH TARFU LIAM

This means oh what a fool i am. I saw that one in grade school. I am dissapointed now, I love to read about valid Sumerian history.

reply to post by VIKINGANT

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maya432
what i find most interesting is that after "created earth".
it then goes to "created Veil ,"6" thorn. tetrahedron, the meeting tent, fire,"
and then if I`m seeing this right ,it is looping back around to the Veil.
how many times this loops I don`t understand yet but then it
goes to "creates God,ect.ect......

almost like it says that we go through a certain number of times
until we a capable of crossing to the next stage of the universal
evolution.

But go through what?

life and death experiences?
rising frequencies of awareness?

It does make you wonder if the Earth itself goes through death and reincarnation cycles like the human being in Hindu religion.

It is an idea that's a jawdropper.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
At first I wasn't sure if that was a crack at me or him or an attempted double blow at both but let it go anyway.

No this was not directed at you but at O.W.

It is just that I see him making these kinds of posts quite often, so it just struck a wrong chord with me.

But I'm over it now.

By the way. Have you had any luck with translating OWAH TARFU LIAM

(Did you notice I decided to stick with the arrogant aggressor thing for this thread)

Yes I noticed that. I always enjoy your threads so keep it up.

And no I didn't look into the translation yet. They look like words from someone who is really drunk.
(Nevermind I figured it out)

By the way I'm not a "Nibiru 12th planet" believer. I do think there is more to the clay tablets then meets the eye though.

[edit on 11/7/08 by Fastwalker81]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Queen Maeve

Your using wikipedia as proof of your assertion? Not a very mighty source to back you up.

All I see is theological bias in your posts on the meaning of Elohim.

And as someone who has studied Hebrew, more than just a little, I suggest you find some better sources.

Actually, so far I have presented two sources, and in each, despite your claim, they explain it grammarical-terms, not religious. But here are more:

(Hebrew: God), the God of Israel in the Old Testament. A plural of majesty, the term Elohim—though sometimes used for other deities, such as the Moabite god Chemosh, the Sidonian goddess Astarte, and also for other majestic beings such as angels, kings, judges (the Old Testament shofeṭim), and the Messiah—is usually employed in the Old Testament for the one and only God of Israel, whose personal name was revealed to Moses as YHWH, or Yahweh. When referring to Yahweh, elohim very often is accompanied by the article ha-, to mean, in combination, “the God,” and sometimes with a further identification Elohim ḥayyim, meaning “the living God.” SOURCE

The name Elohim is unique to Hebraic thinking: it occurs only in Hebrew and in no other ancient Semetic language. The masculine plural ending does not mean "gods" when referring to the true God of Israel, since the name is mainly used with singular verb forms and with adjectives and pronouns in the singular. SOURCE

You have presented nothing, other than your claim of supposedly superior knowledge. Interestingly enough, that is exactly how Sitchin and his ilk operate; that they alone have the proper knowledge to translate these texts. So, please provide evidence that I am wrong, outside of your unverifiable "because I said so."

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Would this be the same Sitchin who was jailed for embezzlement to finance his first book of schlock, and wrote his second book of schlock while in prison.

In the interest of fairness, I have to admit I caught a mistake. I was wrong, Zecharia Sitchin was not jailed for embezzlement, and as far as I know has a clean-record. I confused with him Erich Von Daniken, who was jailed for embezzlement and wrote Return of the Gods while serving prison time.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Would this be the same Sitchin who was jailed for embezzlement to finance his first book of schlock, and wrote his second book of schlock while in prison.

In the interest of fairness, I have to admit I caught a mistake. I was wrong, Zecharia Sitchin was not jailed for embezzlement, and as far as I know has a clean-record. I confused with him Erich Von Daniken, who was jailed for embezzlement and wrote Return of the Gods while serving prison time.

Well we are all wrong sometimes. Admitting it without being called out says something about you in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fastwalker81
They also invented the battery amongst many other things. Hell they invented civilization as we know it. How did they aquire all this knowledge?

Actually, the Sumerians did not create the so-called Baghdad Battery. They are ancient, but not that ancient. The style of pottery is from the early first millennium AD, during the reign of the Sassanid Empire. Even Koeing, who discovered the batteries, did not ascribe them to the Sumerians, but to the Parthian Empire, which reigned about 1500 years after Sumer.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Fastwalker81

Yes I noticed that. I always enjoy your threads so keep it up.

You do? Have you actually read any of my threads?!?!? Maybe that translation is more applicable than I thought

Does inserting quotes count as a first line?

[edit on 13/7/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

You don't what you're talking about. These tablets were only recently leaked and as far as the government is concerned, they don't exist.

Do you think you're going to find a copy of these translations in Barnes and Noble?

Incredible.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I had the same thought when I saw "Nephelim" mentioned. I am completely convinced this is a hoax.

I wish there were a law against such hoaxing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join