It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the British God's chosen people?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mitmy
So if we're so blessed then, how come we got Gordon Brown?

Because we could have almsot got David Cameron or someone like George Bush and his shower of....

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mitmy

Purely by default i think or just bad luck , i sure as hell wont vote for labour if he is still there !!!
What was this thread about ? i cant remember now! oh , yeah , i can..

Git

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gazbom56
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah I agree with you and I'm not trying to wind anybody up but I also read somewere the British and the American's were the two lost tribes of Isreal! Just a thought.

Gazbom.

Yes, that is an old heresy (variations on the number of Lost Tribes: 2, 10, 12) fostered by those who didn't see the need for God to have the Jews start returning to Israel in 1948. If God turned his back on the Jews then the rest of us could be anti-Semitic without feeling guilty.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

As a British person who spends time in the US, I have to say that the standard of food in the US is generally utterly appalling.

In the US, there are cooperate fast food outlets and not much else to choose from. It's mostly fried junk covered in gunge.

I was even in a top italian-style resturant in the US and the waiter (in a fake Italian accent) asked if I would like cheese on my seafood - which is a total no-no! And the cheese he offered wasn't even proper parmesan it was just some grated rubbery stuff.

Even US supermarkets only have a relatively small section dedicated to fresh fruit and vegetables.

On flights home, British people talk about how they can't wait to get home to eat some vegetables.

It is hardly surprising that Americans are so grotesquely over-weight because there isn't a lot to eat apart from junk food.

Apart from the tourist traps in London, the choice and general standard of food in Britain is really amazing these days. Even the top French chefs are saying it.

You only have to walk into a British supermarket to see the massive difference between the US and the UK.

In Britain we also have an amazing choice of beers to choose from - the US is really, really awful for beers.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
....... and their coffee. For a nation of coffee drinkers, theirs is disgusting. The best coffee i had during my stay in the US was on the BA Flight back home to Blighty.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
God's chosen are the first people that God put on this earth. Which everyone is a decendant from the original. Thus all are God's favorite. For someone to be a favorite ( in the eyes of God) is nothing but religious ( man made) bigotry, I am the favorite because the way I believe is insane, ( remember insanity is all relative, it is a matter who you hang out with). God is of LOVE, nothing else. God loves all even those that have turned from God. It is strange for Christians to say Jews are the chosen. Chosen for what? Christians believe that certain things have to happen for the second coming to happen. When rapture happens the Christians believe that God's favorite, the Jews, will go to hell if they do not convert. According to Christians only people that believe a certain way will go to heaven. Hmmm. What is it truly all about?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Thats an interesting thought, however, being british on this little cold island of ours has given us several advantages throughout history. Being an island surrounded by harsh sea's and an ocean we have been afforded a natural form protection from foreign invaders throughout history, spanish armada etc. The cold climate has resulted in us being an "inventive" race, the lazy warm europeans sleeping indoors during the day, too hot to bother doing anything syndrome, Over in Britain the brits were working in labs, the home etc experimenting, building, designing and implementing radical world changing ideas and inventions. Our love of ale whilst relaxing, not taking any crap from any nation, however large and powerful, our armed forces trained to the limit of human indurance have all played a part, we like to party, we work hard, we can fight, we never give up, look at world war 2, we were all going to fight to the death, no surrender, unlike france !!, thats the difference, and it makes a difference. Maybe we are a chosing nation but our governments and brussles over the last 15years or so have started to errode our spirit.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
if only people knew who they were, the "lost Ten tribes of Israel" are today very large and powerful nations, and the two most important, the descendants of Ephram and Manessah, the sons of Joseph take center stage in the world today. If you study the bible and understand it, you will learn that Ephram's descendants are the largest commonwealth of Nations.. (Great Britian) and the descendants of Manessah are the single greatest nation, (United States).. but the prophecy of Jacob is that Ephram, the younger brother would be the greater brother..

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I agree with several points the last few posters have made. I visited the US in the early Eighties as my sis was living in New England(my bro in law was Weapons Systems Manager in the Trident Missile programme at the submarine base in New London but that's another story.Actually ,I had some lovely food (stuffed clams to be precise) but what alarmed me were the private beaches and private police forces,I'd never heard the like.I then travelled across to the Mid-West to Kansas City and stayed with a judge and a university lecturer who grew pot intheir back garden.As for women fighting ;they've always fought where I come from. In fact the more North you get the more fighting.I think it's the Viking DNA kicking in.American beer?Don't make me laugh it tastes like piss or alcohol free beer.All those Amercican 'macho'men and their beer?I think the levels of ignorance in the US are what bugs people the most.Let's face it their famed worldwide for it.The funniest thing I've read recently is about some berk called LaRouche who hates Britain and told an interveiwer that BAE was an intelligence agency that did a deal with the Saudi's.That will come as a surprise to all the welders and fitters working in BAE right now in Barrow....Englands still the best country inthe world though.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kacou

As i am not an aficionado of end time prophet, I have to denounce the author name Ronald Weinland as a fraud.
In Britain you have some very distinguished author of alternative history, may I recommend you Jonathan Balck.
His book “The Secret History of the World” is in my view a grand progression in telling the world how world history has been formed.

Good day,
Kacou

Thanks for the tip.

Gazbom

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shazam The Unbowed

Originally posted by Niall197

Oh you just look.

I had nothing to do with the English invasion of Ireland & I am unanimous in that.

Who said anything about the invasion?
British treatment of suspected IRA members was measurably worse than current treatment of detainees at gitmo. Im not talking the invasion, Im talking about what you guys did during the troubles.

Hello,I used to see a boy called Philip Geddes walking to school everyday.A few years later when I was living in London I heard a very large explosion which was unmistakenly a bomb(the sound become instantly recognisable after a few times)and Philip Geddes was blown to kingdom come as he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.You see Shazam ,when things like this happen in real life and people die it's a hole new ball game and your pontifications are pathetic and laughable.Philips parents incidentally never recovered from their son's death.May I remind you that the British Army were sent to NI originally to protect Catholics from the Balkanesque treatment they were recieving at the hands of the Protestants.So,tell me howmany times have you heard bombs going off where you live in the US?Two thousands pounds of semtex going up is quite unforgettable so I'm sure you would have remembered .

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
just replying ann cos i 4got my password at the moment.

yes the uk is the most influential country in the past 500-700 years.
and yes america now ocupying this place in a very different way.

britains armed forces although small have aklways been the best trained in the world.

that being said america is much more powerful as far as the millitary goes.
this is for one reason.... numbers. our countries entire armed forces come to somwhere around 40,000.
americas us marine corps alone comes to over 170,000.

this does not mean america is the beter millitary.

a british soldiers training:
1 lasts far longer.
2 is much more intensive
3 is based on a peigree of battle that this country has been developing for over a thousand years!

so i think in short the differances between our two great nations can be summarised quite simply as follows.

we in britain think that 200 miles is a long way.
over in the united stated they think that 200 years is a long time.

i think that just about sums it up.

i personaly am sick of american arrogance, i realise that this is only a minority of americans and that the vast majority of out mates from across the pond are decent, hardworking inteligent people who i am been proud to serve alongside in my current tour in iraq (which i wont go into detail about as i am still in country), you guys fight hard and fight well.
but i have noticed that you seem to open fire more than neccasary.

this is not your fault it is your training (still amoung the best the world has to offer) in threat identification and weapons handling etc.

a lot of americans seem to think they one world wars 1 and 2.
now i am not denying the fact that we could well have lost the war without your support but its important to bear in mind that the americans in comparison to the british

turned up late for both wars
only joined as an active millitary afteryou were attacked at pearl harbour so not realy helping us its more of a self interest thing as far as fighting was concerned.

took part in less engagments over the whole war.

as such i do not feel america played a significant enough role to say they "won the war" although i am more than willing to concede that they did pull pur arses outa the fire! but saying you won the war is like saying the goal keaper won the football match!

oh and just a question for our american friends out there.

why is it that a nation that prides itself on its virility feels the need to strap on 50lbs of protective gear to play what is effectivly rugby? (yes guys im talking about american football hear)lol not a flame or a provocation just a genuine question.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gazbom56

No...because there are no chosen people.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisall

How do you explain this away then?

Britain is a tiny island with a small population ..... yet .....

- it conquered the World and formed the Biggest and Greatest Empire the World has ever seen .....
- it gave birth to the Industrial Revolution and created the Modern Era of Science and Technology .....
- it produced some of the greatest minds in History whose work is effecting our lives to this very day .....
- it's beautiful language has become Global and spawned an International Economy ......
- it's the centre of the Financial Industry and as such has more power and influence then any other Nation on Earth .....
- it's Culture, Etiquette and Sense of Humour is famous and admired Worldwide .....
- it's Art and Literature has yet to be equalled and probably never will be .....
- it's Actors and Musicians are still the finest around despite so many imitators .....
- it's Elite Military Forces are feared and respected by all, indeed they train most other Forces around the World .....
- and if all that is not enough ..... Britain is the standard by which the entire Planet sets its time !!

Basically ...... Britain pwns you all !!

Gazbom.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by gazbom56]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shazam The Unbowed

Originally posted by malganis

so why are we still eating it? why do we still love the smell of an english breakfast in the morning, a traditional roast dinner on a sunday, the yorkshire puddings coming out of the oven, etc? just because you don't like it doesn't mean that other people don't. in fact i happen to know a lot of foreigners (europeans, africans, etc) that enjoy traditional British food when they are here.

Cause y'all dont have any better sense.

Yeah that's a great answer... "Cause y'all dont have any better sense."
You can't seriously think that a whole nation of people would eat food that they don't actually enjoy just because they "dont have any better sense."?

what do you think that Britain is just a big prison or something? we do what we like when we like as long as it doesn't break the law. what decent 'freedoms' do you have in the states then? being able to threaten each other with guns, oooh well i wish we could do that over here...

I can speak my mind in public without being arrested..., etc blah blah

erm yeah so can I. I don't know where you get that idea of the UK, but I speak my mind all the time, and i'm often considered quite outspoken. it may piss a few people off if offendable people are in the vicinity, but i've never seen or heard of anyone getting arrested for speaking. The biggest thing that might happen is a personal argument between people, and as long as it doesn't escalate into a dangerous fight/riot, the police aren't going to come running to throw you in jail. Dream on.

The only problem with Britain is that we are becoming too politically correct and touchy of hurting people's feelings. A couple of hundred years ago and the Royal Navy would have blown any boat out of the water that threatened it's sailors. That said, under threat in proper wartime the political correctness crap would go out of the window, just ask the Argies.

Wow, so capturing british soldiers isnt an act of war?

Well not when we're trespassing in their waters, which they believed we were at the time, it's an act of defense. If anything we were in the wrong for even being around there. And we would have done the same if Iranians would have toyed with our borders as well.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
first there has to be a "GOD", in order for this to be true. Why would god let his people suffer for such a long time since the the beginning? I the Jew or the Brits were the "choosen", then they would have been ruling the planet without effort. Please do some serious research and get it right.!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
and shazam ...... he's gone !!!!

gone to lay in them old cotton fields n dream o corn on cob n jambalaya..

I so dislike narrow mindedness and stereotypical thinking , and dont forget he knows so much of OUR CULTURE ! yet , he's been to Jersey lol.

We drink Tea yeah! you drink root beer !!! er thats a no brainer , sorry! Also we drink proper Ale , eat real meat with hardly any steroids if at all, Our quisine now is one of the best in the world (notice i didnt say the worlds greatest)! , The full English is eaten the whole world over , not sure about pancakes n syrup!

Im a little bored and perplexed by the American holier than thou BS from certain quarters, Yet , you speak to Americans that have actually been here and seen how we are and how we really live , eat and really party, they never want to leave and i do have some good friends from the states, So i am not anti American , just pissed off with total drivvel from people that dont know us as a people or have never been here !!! Dont have your mind made up by TV or films as most are biased towards America anyway or warp the truth (U boat752) hope the number is right! but thats a prime example.. Enigma was captured n decrypted by the British !

Come see , try n then decide , dont just sit in your ivory tower and cast aspertions at things you have never seen or tried !

And yes i have been to the states and bloody well enjoyed myself ...

I need a Brandy (french congnac) see, i also like french stuff too ..

regards to all

Git

[edit on 9-7-2008 by completenuttergit]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Shazza comes from Pittsville - where men are men...and sheep are nervous. He's just an ignorant troll is all. Unfortunately that kind of saddo transcends national borders.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gazbom56
reply to post by Silenceisall

How do you explain this away then?

Britain is a tiny island with a small population ..... yet .....

- it conquered the World and formed the Biggest and Greatest Empire the World has ever seen .....
- it gave birth to the Industrial Revolution and created the Modern Era of Science and Technology .....
- it produced some of the greatest minds in History whose work is effecting our lives to this very day .....
- it's beautiful language has become Global and spawned an International Economy ......
- it's the centre of the Financial Industry and as such has more power and influence then any other Nation on Earth .....
- it's Culture, Etiquette and Sense of Humour is famous and admired Worldwide .....
- it's Art and Literature has yet to be equalled and probably never will be .....
- it's Actors and Musicians are still the finest around despite so many imitators .....
- it's Elite Military Forces are feared and respected by all, indeed they train most other Forces around the World .....
- and if all that is not enough ..... Britain is the standard by which the entire Planet sets its time !! ally ...... Britain pwns you all !!

Gazbom.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by gazbom56]
You put in a nutshell Gazbom.That's what I wanted to say but could'nt be arsed.The most recent howler I heard was that England had the most oppressed ,dumbed down nation on earth.Where do they get these ideas from ?And this coming from a nation where paper boys/girls are reguarly shot dead by gun toting pensioners who think they are being burgeled.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Isnt it funny aswell that Britain and England has the most Crop Circles.

America has next to none.

Every War/ fight britain has entered we seem to escape the jaws of death with a divine miracle.

America dosent, it lost the vietnam war, no other counrty does. The last time we were officially invaded was 1066.

But maybe the Iraq war will be diffrent now we've teamed up with a negative force -America.

Maybe the divine will not help us out on this one.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join