It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the British God's chosen people?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I'm enjoying this pointless bitch fight.

USA sucks.
UK sucks.

End of discussion.

Interesting info on IQ's I've found.

American IQ: 98
British IQ: 100 (I think that's the Irish bringing the average down. Kidding I'm 1/4 Irish
)

So really not that much difference.

[edit on 7/8/2008 by Mad Larkin]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
this thread has turned into one blinkered americans chance to do some brit bashing. He has been here he admits, so maybe he took a slap off one of us and is still pretty pi55ed off about it

Im not going to bother wasting my time and effort further, i can honestly say ive never seen a thread so off topic on here without a moderator stepping in. This went from a simple question following something else the OP had seen, to a numpty commenting on deep fried mars bars

To the angry yank ( apologies, ive forgotten your name and cant be arsed going back to find it now ive typed all this) just get over it fella. The more you protest the more you demonstate your obvious envy of the British people and this sceptered isle

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Enough Bickering

Courtesy is mandatory

And that goes out to people from BOTH sides of the Atlantic.

If you have nothing to say that is pertinent to the topic, or is actually educational in some manner and can deny some of the ignorance on display here, and cannot resist bickering, then quite simply don't bother posting.

This is a discussion board, not a schoolyard.

Debate the post, NOT the poster.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
B-O-R-I-N-G,I likes a bit of yank baiting like I likes a good hanging but this is turning into a two man pissing contest.It's simple;England - best country in the world that gave the world everything that's good.America-bunch of fat,badly dressed ,thicko bastards ,end of .Just for the record I like West Ham ,the old man is Man U,Football factories international is better(more hardcore insanity) and the only good thing to come out of the Untited States of Nacy's is Edward Norton who can Bilder my berg anytime.Sorry for the lust angle but I'm menopausal and could'nt give a #.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I like Americans, they're good in a fight, when they're not shooting us Brits, sorry had to get that one in.

I hear alot of Americans go on about the war of independence.. I don't know much about your history, but I always hear "we kicked the brits asses". This got me thinking, before you won the war of Independence (well done on that) you were in fact British yourselves, so the war was fought by British with french help against British... You were only American after you won.

Peace

PS... to quote 'Al Murray'

Britain is gods country, as we have no big Hurricanes, no big Twisters, no Tsunami's, no big Earthquakes, No volcano's, no plagues of Locusts. And you know why... Coz God don't Sh*t on his own doorstep.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Rytak

"That doesn't make Britain or the British the chosen people of a mythological diety. It just makes us hard-headed, bloody-minded bastards."

May I add "fire up the quattro"

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Rock Ape

And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England's mountains green?
And was the holy Lamb of God
On England's pleasant pastures seen?

And did the Countenance Divine
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here
Among these dark Satanic mills?

Bring me my bow of burning gold!
Bring me my arrows of desire!
Bring me my spear! O clouds unfold!
Bring me my chariot of fire!

I will not cease from mental fight,
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand
Till we have built Jerusalem
In England's green and pleasant land.

-- William Blake

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I love a good Brit love -in makes a change from;War of Independance blah ,blah ,blah,saved your asses in WW2 blah ,blah ,blah,you have bad teeth blah blah blah and so on ad naseum.I would like to her some more original claims for US superiority over England that we have'nt heard a million times before.But just for now-Agincourt ,Battle of Britain and the Obesity time bomb(i bet that's one the Ruskies wished they'd thought of)otherwise throw the yanks some doughnuts to shut him up and let's make some tea!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

American cuisine? Hamburgers and hot dogs/ frankfurters - German. Like the majority of things in America, they have been hijacked. America is cultureless in it's own right, and having many different cultures within doesn't give you culture.

GOd certainly wouldn't choose the Yanks as his people especially after the war mongering of the past 50 years and lies and corruptness carried out not only within it's own borders but against people ALL over the world for their own gain. Rumsfeld and Saddam? CIA and the Ayatollah? Bin Laden? South America? Asia?

I could be like others and make it personal - that's just not right. I think you had your rant due to the fact most Americans flip out and get personal and critical of other countries and that's because you can't get it into your big thick heads that you aren't the greatest country in the world. Would God have allowed 9/11? Oklahoma? WTC in the 90's? He must really like you guys to allow all them schools to be shot up. He loves the dollar too.

There isn't such a thing as God's country. Simple. It just doesn't sit for so many reasons that i'm not really arsed about. Divine Intervention indeed. The article is a fine attempt to highlight the fact that even in times when the end seemed nigh, we got through it. Signing everything away to Brussels would only give birth to a European superstate that would only breed the same plastic yet parasitical politics as the Yanks.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
This is why we are God’s Chosen Ones.

‘’All this beauty is of God’’

au.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
This should cheer everyone up -a little bit of Dyer in Brasil-i did'nt think they'd let me post a good tear up so here go.Warning for yanks 0it's FOOTBALL not soarrcerrr

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Enjoy the link;

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Rock Ape

Hi Rock Ape i think this may aid your argument a piece

en.wikipedia.org...

"This is a list of British units in the American Revolutionary War (1775-1783) who fought against the American rebels and their French and Spanish allies in the North American colonies, including battles in Florida and the West Indies. In addition to the regular army it includes German auxiliary units (known collectively as Hessians), and militia and provincial units formed from Loyalists, West Indians, and Canadians.

No battle honours were ever awarded to British regiments who fought in America as it was seen by the British to be a civil war."

It still took 2 country's to defeat a half strength force, in a far away land not bad really if you ask me ...

rgds
git

[edit on 8-7-2008 by completenuttergit]

[edit on 8-7-2008 by completenuttergit]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Can we all please stop sinking to a certain someone's level and turn this into a US bashing thread. It's just what he wants after all.

America is a fine country and, for the most part a fine people, with much to be proud of and Europe and the UK should be grateful for their influence and help,.But other people's achievements make not one jot as to how I feel about my own land and people. Tourists masquerading as experts to feed the pathologocal little chip on their shoulder wont change that.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeaceUk
I guess us Brits are just damn lucky.
Thats all I see it as.

We're not a nation that relies on luck. We take what's given, work out the odds, grit out teeth and go for it. We defy defeat and sometimes it pays off.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
americans>brits that's just how I feel about it!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis
[

Originally posted by Shazam The Unbowed
Tell that to the Iranians. They didnt seem to respect your naval prowess all that much when they captured your soldiers while in sight of other british Naval vessels.

The only problem with Britain is that we are becoming too politically correct and touchy of hurting people's feelings. A couple of hundred years ago and the Royal Navy would have blown any boat out of the water that threatened it's sailors. That said, under threat in proper wartime the political correctness crap would go out of the window, just ask the Argies.

More on topic, most Brits don't think that they're God's chosen. We just know that we're proud because we're good at war and we're angry because we're s**t at sports that we've invented, and we like beer and that's all that really matters in the world.

[edit on 7/7/2008 by malganis]

Yep, all them "anti social" yobs all conscripted, given a gun and posted to fight in some poor country, natural fighters we are, just look in any town centre on a Friday or Saturday night, even the women are fighting

And yes, beer is the most important thing.

I have recently been reading alot of books about the national identity debate and patriotism in Britain and all of them have mentioned the fact that the younger generation is alot more patriotic and porud of their country.

Hail Britannia, Britannia rules the waves.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
So if we're so blessed then, how come we got Gordon Brown?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mitmy

If you can only come up with witty one liners like that you are going to stay on 7 points!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mitmy
So if we're so blessed then, how come we got Gordon Brown?

....It's a puppet......

Don't you see? While we are all arguing the toss about who's Dad is bigger than who's, both countries are being fronted by puppets.......and the puppeteers quietly rule the planet

Gordon Brown is dispensible. He knows this- it's written all over his face.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by squizz]

[edit on 8-7-2008 by squizz]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join