It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is to Blame for the Sorry State of the USA?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ignaciobeltran

You assessment is totally correct. What is the cause of America's decline? It's really very simple, total corruption in our elected officials combined with the fact that there is a genuine "shadow government" unanswerable to the American people or these false elected officials who are nothing but a front. They're as clueless as are most of my fellow citizens. The nefarious powers are a world wide organization and they are totally amoral. Fifty years ago President Eisenhower warned our nation of the "military industrial complex" (he didn't use the word Fascism, but it's related).
While people celebrated our 232nd birthday this past week-end, they gave little thought to the 1,000,000 Iraq citizens who have suffered and died in this "war without end" over there and threatens to expand in the region. That's the gov't, not the American people who are overall kind-hearted and generous, albeit alittle self-absorbed at times.
Thanks for being concerned and saddened at our nation. Rarely does our form of gov't (Democratic Republic) survive more than 200 years, so we are waning as the world power shift heads East to Asia.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
America's current economic woes are nothing compared to what we have endured in our history and probably in my lifetime.

We will adapt. Markets will correct. Our standards of living will become more realistic and we will move forward.

America is affected by the same forces that affect every other country in the world.

What makes us different is that we have a splendid Constitution and system of government.

Our people historically have been strong of character, creative, adaptive, ingenious, and moral.

The extent that these characteristics are still present will have much influence on how we overcome the current economic malaise.

There's an old saying: "When the going gets tough, the tough get going."

That ethos has been very descriptive of Americans since the first Europeans set foot on the continent.

I, personally, have hope for America, although I do know that a large portion of our population has little moral fiber, is not in touch with the harsh realities of financial hardship, and who believe that the world owes them big-time.

Now, we just have to wait and see how it shakes out. The one thing that America does provide that is not universal and that is class mobility and opportunities to create new markets.

A downturn is one area can create new opportunities in other areas of the economy.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It's the Federal Reserve directly, which has done so at the request of the globalist cult or gangsters (whichever you prefer to call them). America, as well as other first-world nations need to be "harmonized" with the rest of the world. What this means is that it is necessary for all nations to be third world, for the vast majority of the world to be in poverty, and a small global elite ruling us as kings and queens. It's for our own good, the planet must be saved from the evil free market...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
In the linked post above containing "Introduction to Common Sense", that material is only 7 pages. Not much to read at all, yet I suspect laziness may contribute to it going unread. Just because it was published 300 some years ago doesn't mean it lost the ability to sound true.

Here are just a few quotes from that text, and to add a note about the first quote, I feel that the "sentiments" are fashionable to procure general favor. As many posts on ATS prove.

The quotes listed next may seem long, how ever keep in mind that I gleened them from a mear seven pages, and if one does read the publication, see how easily President can replace King, and government parliment, etc.

One quote for each page:

Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right,...

The cause of America is in a great measure the cause of all mankind. Many circumstances hath, and will arise, which are not local, but universal, and through which the principles of all Lovers of Mankind are affected, and in the Event of which, their Affections are interested.

Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil in its worst state an in tolerable one; for when we suffer, or are exposed to the same miseries by a government, which we might expect in a country without government, our calamities is heightened by reflecting that we furnish the means by which we suffer!

MANKIND being originally equals in the order of creation, the equality could only be destroyed by some subsequent circumstance; the distinctions of rich, and poor, may in a great measure be accounted for, and that without having recourse to the harsh, ill-sounding names of oppression and avarice. Oppression is often the consequence, but seldom or never the means of riches; and though avarice will preserve a man from being necessitously poor, it generally makes him too timorous to be wealthy.

all those who espouse the doctrine of reconciliation, may be included within the following descriptions. Interested men, who are not to be trusted; weak men who cannot see; prejudiced men who will not see;

If there is any true cause of fear respecting independence it is because no plan is yet laid down. Men do not see their way out. Wherefore, as an opening into that business I offer the following hints; at the same time modestly affirming, that I have no other opinion of them myself, than that they may be the means of giving rise to something better.

When men have departed from the right way, it is no wonder that they stumble and fall. And it is evident from the manner in which ye have managed your testimony, that politics, (as a religious body of men) is not your proper Walk; for however well adapted it might appear to you, it is, nevertheless, a jumble of good and bad put unwisely together, and the conclusion drawn therefrom, both unnatural and unjust.
From Revolution to Reconstruction.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Of course Bush is partly to blame but most of the blame has to go to Congress.
When elected, they promised to fix it and make things better, but have instead made things worse.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Another day, another "America Sucks" post on ATS. How shocking.

If the OP is truly a citizen of a third world country, I am the Queen of England. First, citizens of third world countries never use the term because they and their government usually see it as derogatory. Second, the only people who have enough time to opine on how everyone else's government sucks in third world country are the elite who can afford not only running water, but the internet and a computer. Finally, this list of points reads almost like a copy and paste job from the Democrat National Committee's daily "your life sucks" talking points that they pull out every election cycle.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
"the Internal Revenue Code and regulations add up to one million words and is nearly seven times the length of the Bible"
U.S. Representative JohHostettler (R-IN)
"the federal tax code has about four times as many words as the bible. Accompanying the law are a staggering two-and-a-half million pages of regulations" U.S. Representative Nick Smith (R-MI)

Our Internal Revenue Service has to be abolished and a fair tax system put into it's place. I feel that's the only way to get corporations back to business with the U.S.

Our dependency on foreign oil has gotten us where we are today with oil prices. We should have been drilling for oil in Alaska & the off shore area's ten to twenty years ago. And ethanol made from corn was and is the biggest mistake America has made. " Food for fuel"? Now there's some ignorance.

Slacker got it right with all the housing being built and sold to citizens who needed a trailer to live in, not a big home. Credit cards are ignorance at it's best too! If you can't afford it, then charge it!
Sounds like a losing deal to me. But when the government let's it happen and the people are jumping for joy because they got that big screen flat TV and all the other stuff, thanks to Visa & Master card.

People used to grow their own food, but now days the grocery store is just down the road and filled with all your needs. No use in growing your own when you can feel up the cart and check out. America has lost it's will to be self sufficient and individuality is out the window. The government knows best mentality has gotten us weak and afraid to stand up and wipe our own a@#.

Gas gosling S.U.V's, Government breaking their own laws when it come to the borders, tax codes, no oil refineries or drilling where needed, credit card addiction, government schools, and on & on. Yes America is weak and afraid to stand up as long as they still have cable, video games, cell phones and the material objects that make them lazy and happy.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I read an article today that answers this question pretty well.

The Simple Truth

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The real blame lies on the Authors of the children's novel "The Pet Goat" Siegfried Engelmann and Elaine C. Bruner. Because the book was so difficult for George W. Bush to read, and the unfortunate incident that happened on 9/11, Bush never was able to finish the book and the last seven years has been a huge temper tantrum by George W. Bush.

(Bush contemplating the difficult life lessons described in The Pet Goat)

If it weren't for the difficult nature of this children's book coupled with the interruption of 9/11, Bush would have been able to finish The Pet Goat, and therefore the last 7 years would have been a much better time.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

For all those who think he was in on 9/11, I think the look on his face and his reaction says it all. He was shocked what was going on and was contemplating how to best deal with it. He wasnt the only who had a delayed reaction.. John Kerry did much of the same, then goes and criticizes him for those supposed 7 minutes. Here is John Kerry's reaction, who at the time was a sitting member of the Senate Intelligence Committee. www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremy_Vaeni
Who is to blame? Our lazy, satiated citizenry, that's who. In any other country, Bush stealing an election would have resulted in rioting and Bush being ousted. Here it results in changing the channel.

In any other country, the 9/11 attacks not being independently investigated with the smallest result being people getting fired--would have resulted in rioting and Bush being ousted. Here it results in buying an American flag and then changing the channel.

In any other country, all of the criminal acts of this presidency would have resulted in his ousting...Here we reelect him and then change the channel. Or if you like, he steals the election AGAIN and we change the channel.

See, in America, as long as Jon Stuart & Stephen Colbert are around to parody everything, we feel better about sliding into hell. As long as we're smart enough to get the joke, we don't mind at all, really.

Now, how did the barbarians figure out they could get away with all of this crime and Constitutional deconstruction in the first place? Simple: They tested the waters with the Iran/Contra scandal. Americans were interested for all of five seconds, mainly because Oliver North was a handsome man and nothing more.

Get this through your heads, Rest of World: Americans DO NOT CARE. If we did, we'd have done something about it. The barbarians are just a symptom of the larger problem, which is, pardon the pun, U.S.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Jeremy_Vaeni]

That is sad, but true. Fortunately there are some Americans that care; just read the rest of the posts. I have faith in that the population as it sinks into chaos, will wake up.

Same here in Mexico. People are barely beginning to wake up, but there no marches yet to repel the Merida Iniciative. We'll repel that, I am sure.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Dear Becky,

Our President is a shoe cleaner to your President. Calderón does what Bush tells him to. The IMF and the World Bank create our laws and our TAX CODE.

I recommend you see this video, Becky.
youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

The name is jsobecky, ignaciobeltran. Don't assume a familiarity you do not possess.

I repeat: take care of your own problems in your filthy, corrupted country before you cast stones elsewhere. And keep your "video proof" to yourself; I'm not interestd.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Someone missed the "Bush is dumb" joke cleverly implanted within my last post. ::Sigh::

Who is to Blame for the Sorry State of the USA? People that can't take a freaking joke!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I see you were educated into loving your country. Great! Your parents created a PATRIOT.

It's sad now kids are taught to watch TV as an education, so they learn to be bots, and sponges to government propaganda.

CONGRATS!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Instead of blaming, which is no use, take control of you. People follow order naturally. People instinctively want to follow a good pattern.

The government of America is a evil society, which goals are to set out and only make paterns that benifet themselves the elites, bankers, riches and the demons among them.

Patriotic crap is another joke in that country. They say in the bible that taking pride of oneself or making a martyer out of yourself breaks the commandments. You could apply that to America, since America is majorly a Chrisitan country RIGHT?!. Total hypocrisy and that's a blatant fact. Patriotism and prideness in the level that is has evolved through and direction has not done any good. To much pride creates ignoance and arrogance. This is what patriotism has done to that country. Its absurd.

Therefore America is sing song absurd circus to me. Now I'm just pointing this out regardless of being religious or not. Even worse why be patriotic about a country where the behaviour they allow is unnacceptable to begin with. The Policy that is used in America, why be patriotic of a policy that is not something be dang proud about. Why be patriotic about a country when they are always running into war and chaos.

This patriotic crap is old. Start by taking responsiblity for yourself, start by tearing up that ego constitional jargon. Give the power back to the people. Give people thier identity back. Give people to seek wisdom in themselves, and stop this brainwashing crap thats in the constitution or what the media says.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

You see its not what happened 7 years ago. GOD what's is wrong with America, the problem DID not start 7 years ago. it DID not start with would be a better place if George put the book down? it was planned to carry out exactly as it did.

Would it not even be wiser to go ask yourself more questions on the whole topic you just added. If any logic holds true, the whole NOVEL with that fairy sitting down and reading during 9/11 was planned. Bush and cowboy crew setted it up to look like they were distracted. They knew Sept 11 was going to happen. Kindagarten kids with a novel is perfect for atrocities like this, the leaders are "completely" unware... GOD people you need to start waking up. The leaders are the ones who are spinning the wheels all the time!

Now I'm saying theory because what I see makes better sense than George being unaware and the even played out spontanousely. IMO it was planned the whole show start beginning, middle to end. What I see makes much more sense than the sh!t on T.V.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I can sum this up pretty quickly...Politcians are the problem. We the people need to revolt and overthrow the existing government, we need real people to represent us, not some jackass who will spend 4,000,000 to make a salery or 250,000.

The founding fathers are flipping in their graves.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stinkhorn

We don't need someone to represent ourselves.

We the people represent us. Politics don't work. I'm 22 and I know this. Power to one man overall is not natural. Humanity as one is.

Politics, the people representing is what causing the majority of problems in this world. The goal is when in power is to get more power. The majority of good polictians have to bad things to get power. The power you have, the more you lust. The lust that continues turns into destruction. Its a never ending infatuation. This is the reflection in the world, you cant see it????

We the people deserve our power back, the worlds should start NOW.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by mind is the universe]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join