It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is to Blame for the Sorry State of the USA?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by keltdruid65
George W. Bush
'nuff said.
? how about the stupid Americans that voted for him

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pooty

So you think the Federal Reserve and TPTB are to blame.

Good point. What would the solution be, then?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by keltdruid65

Georgy Porgy.

I say he is a servant of TPTB and he does not care to follow their orders without any concern whatsoever for the wellbeing of the American people or any peoples for that matter.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LeeHawt

What if he stole the elections in 2000 and 2004?

Clear choice made the software the CIA gave Mexico´s IFE (Federal Electoral Institute) for counting the votes in the contested elections of 2006. Clear Choice also made the voting machines for the US contested elections of 2000 and 2004.

The software malfunctioned and the conservative candidate Felipe Calderón won by 80´000 votes, out of almost 19 million votes. Isn´t it suspicious?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jake the Dog Man
During the Clinton years our national debt was refinanced, so people thought he had lowered it. It also became very common to live above your means. This was in stark contrast to the Reagan years where we were allowed to make more of the money that we earned. Obama is going to come in and pull a Jimmy Carter and create one big mess.

Jake your concept of presidential debt is total BS - Reagan had the worst economic
policy in history period, its a fact. Trickle down economy ( policy that this Bush promotes) is the biggest load of crap in history. Republican economic policy is a front,
its bogus and it only benefits millionaires + billionaires who hoard their money put it in banks, which reduces currency circulation as it vests for ages which creates inflation which raises the prices on everything, which further sucks money out of the economy. This concept is a scam and you should open your eyes cause your screwing all of us up with your votes on this issue. Lowering taxes since Reagan has referred to the super retarded rich. You pay more per dollar the Warren Buffet??? Wouldn't you want to pay less and him pay more???

And to set the record straight Eisenhower (R) taxed these elite at 90% and the economy boomed like never before.

Second, our economy was the most efficient debt wise as carter left office, inflation was at an all time low and goods and services were 2! The oil "crisis" was a load of crap if you would research some.

Heres a good old graph which will show your that REAGAN, BUSH, AND BABY BUSH have been the worst thing for our economic well being!!!

Don't deny the facts because you are partisan DENY IGNORANCE!!!

zfacts.com...

Explore the fact Here!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
All due respect to the OP... I think this is a cheap ' baiting' , and he and is friends are having a good laugh.
If so, I for one don't appreciate it.
How are things in the ( as you refer to it ) thirld world country you say you live in?
Over that bout of cholera yet?
Gettin' those streets paved?
Does anyone , especially a resident, call it the third world anymore ?
Come on...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeeHawt

Originally posted by keltdruid65
George W. Bush
'nuff said.
? how about the stupid Americans that voted for him

Surprisingly, the popular or individual civilian vote does not elect the president...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Democrats. Bleeding heart libs that are more coward than human. That and leaders on the right who are not tough enough. We should have nuked Afganistan, and invaded Iran. That would have brought OPEC and the rest of the nuts in the middle east to their knees. Drill Alaska and recoup money spent in Iraq by pumping oil out of Iraq. Just my 2 cents

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

How about those of us who worked hard to get all that money in the bank? Am I suppose to give it all to the ACLU or NAACP just because some unlucky scroat does not have anything. NOT GONNA HAPPEN

There will always be the haves and have nots. ALWAYS

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ignaciobeltran

To answer this most under-rated question in the history of American political stupidity.... It's as simple as ----------- "Do bears take a dump in the woods..."

You must put the blame squarely on the idiots who voted Bush in for a second term.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Level X]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Skelkie3

I already spoke about myself.

I am not about to laugh at others disgrace. Mexico is on the verge of the same.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skelkie3
All due respect to the OP... I think this is a cheap ' baiting' , and he and is friends are having a good laugh.
If so, I for one don't appreciate it.
How are things in the ( as you refer to it ) thirld world country you say you live in?
Over that bout of cholera yet?
Gettin' those streets paved?
Does anyone , especially a resident, call it the third world anymore ?
Come on...

All due respect, really?

I am not asking disrespecful questions about the things that I know are happening in the US. Let´s keep this dialogue civilized.

In a changing world, we should never think we are above someone else, since things change, my friend. We should help one another as much as we can.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

third world countries we support
terrosim
the fact that we dont just up and take iraq's oil supply
god's chosen people the british

liberalizm

just to name a few..

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

the solution might be getting rid of the fed and bring the empire home to defend the usa like thier supposed to

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignaciobeltran
reply to post by jetxnet

Good point, Jet.

At the same time that the United States is going down, China and India are going up. However, the U.S. are accostumed to buy for no reason, and China and India are like me: they buy when necessary and remember to SAVE, therefore, they don't spend all they make. On the other hand, a Chinese or Indian worker don't make buy a very small fraction weekly of what an American worker makes a day. Does that make sense? I think it is propaganda to point the finger somewhere else.

I have read the real reason of food costs going up and its' not China or India. Seems you are right about it being a propaganda. Here is the link news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

You're problem understanding my post is that you have fallen victim to deconstructionist ideology that has made it impossible or too inconvenient for you to absorb an essay in its entirety and then respond to that essay without parsing the essay into disconnected sentences.

There are no contradictions in my post if it is read carefully and furthermore it is not necessary for me to turn a short essay into a monograph, just because a reader is too busy to run a few Google searches to provide the answers to his own questions.

Again, there is nothing in my post that is so enigmatic that an intelligent individual cannot understand with some careful thought or by a little research on his own.

I will give you hint, though. The era of cheap abundant oil is coming to an end for a variety of reasons, which seems to have little to do with supply alone. Nonetheless, US dependence on foreign oil from places like Middle East and South America has become so fraught with political baggage that alternatives must be explored to the maximum.

While it will not happen overnight and not every venture will succeed, this current energy crunch is opening the door to those who will seek to find workable alternatives, such as bugs that create oil, recycling cooking by-products into fuel, exploiting shale oil, opening up drilling fields in the US that will revive an industry that was devastated during the oil bust of the 1980s, increasing the efficiency of solar power, harnessing the power of the oceans' waves, the development of more fuel-efficient vehicles, and the list goes on to include ideas that have not been thought of quite yet, including what to do with all that spent fuel that will be produced by all the nuclear power plants that are presumably going to be built to generate electricity.

I hope this helps, but most of all I'd like to see you be able to think for yourself, to be able to write posts without deconstructionist tactics and to learn to look at a post or an essay in its totality to understand more clearly the intent and the message that can be understood only by applying your own knowledge, intellect, and academic skills to the issue.

Finally, I almost never read a parsed post and it is even more rare for me to respond to one, so if you decide to respond to this one in the same manner that you responded to my last post, I will not read it.

[edit on 2008/7/8 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
you dirty americans are to blame. now you are wallowing in your own misery and wondering why.
your just a young punk of a society drowning yourself in the candy and liquor of luxury. now your fat with a big round belly ready to pump a big load of chunky bile all down the front of your shirt.
at least russia was smart enough to stop eating when they got full.
but you, oh, you just kept shoving it in, handful after handful. around the 80's you went on autopilot and your brain didn't even realise your mouth was still chewing.
now the time is now for someone to jump on your guts.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perplexed

Originally posted by mind is the universe

Originally posted by Perplexed

With a delusional arrogant attitude i'm not surprised your in a mess! You certainly not solve anything nor fix anything nor come to a solution,

when you titled America the best nation on earth. Classic crap.

back to you.

Oh, that was a lovely reply. Thank’s for that….

Ok, so you are not American then? I can see where the anger comes from.. Because someone has optimism about the United States of America you flame, call names and vilify... You are a prime example of what I am talking about. You are on the outside looking in and you are envious of our success.

Like I said as bad as it will get here if it does it will be 10 times worse where you are. How does your country measure up to the United States of America? What is your current situation that has you so confident that you will escape any hardships or your country is that much better? If we fall you fall 10 times harder pal...

The United States of American is the best nation on earth today. We may have idiot leaders but times do change and guess what? I celebrated the 4th of July with my family. I drove to work today as I will tomorrow and I will take care of my family as I always do. That's how the problems in the United States of America get fixed. We actually believe in family as opposed to some other countries I won't mention. If I do I am changing the subject right?

[edit on 01/01/2008 by Perplexed]

Stop playing the victim and stop behaving like a child who denys reality. American is not the best country on the planet. It never will be. The same goes for no other human being is better than another. No nation is truly better than another.

I swear that country needs to be stripped up and sterilized from the junk your spoonfed everyday. The crap you sprout is horrific. The pride you stirr, to which a country is a complete and utter mess both nationally and wherever America goes.

ONE more thing, if you say America is soooooo great, and you have idiot leaders and an insane policy.Why do sit in front of your T.V knowing this and do nothing? Why is that you allow your country to do demonic things accross the world. Why did your people act so stupid to vote an idiot and his oil suckers back into office twice, to DO more damage. Why do sit here an talk like a four year old. Why can't you just realise how STUPID american has become.
If America is so great why is America in war right now, why did America invade 80 countries since WW2 and acheived nothing but kill millions. Unawareness is your biggest weakeness.

That why I think you see post's to be so lovely.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by pooty

Great post and great anology. This exactly what is going on and driving the chaos right now. What you described is exactly what is behind the wars and conflicts. This is exactly the reality we dont see, the reality we see the T.V

This has to stopped. The days of Rome are behind us. Let's put it behind us. Take the power back. we do not need to give our power to people.

People of today should not be fighting as the romans did. Human progressed as it should have up till the romans, people 2,000 yers ago were different times. the empires and all the other risers and fallers to superpower followed a great vemom and lust as the earlier powers.

Its time for America to grow the BEEP up. The world is one, your not above me or anyone else. may all of you stick that up on your front doors where you park your SUVs

[edit on 8-7-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
the Illuminati are -who else....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join