It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is to Blame for the Sorry State of the USA?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nocty
the Illuminati are -who else....

Illuminati PFFT. the people who run the world will fail eventually.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
You're problem understanding my post is that you have fallen victim to deconstructionist ideology that has made it impossible or too inconvenient for you to absorb an essay in its entirety and then respond to that essay without parsing the essay into disconnected sentences.

What you call "parsing" is in fact an example of annotated text. It's a rather common tool used to analyze textual material, but you may not be too familiar with it. And it is indeed "inconvenient" to "absorb an essay" that's by and large disconnected from reality and invites everybody to be content with dangerous tendencies in our society, which you seem to be fine with.

You advise me to do a little research on my own - well let's start with a few well known facts such as unprecedented and truly astronomical magnitude of our national debt. You keep referring to some parallels in the past but there is no parallels to that. Likewise, the number of illegal aliens on our soil is unprecendented and keeps growing at an unprecedented rate. You cannot relate this to anything in the past, really. So your spiel about "I've seen all of that and we'll be fine" rings quite hollow. Times, there are a-changing. Oh yeah, and that deployment of a large contingent of US troops in the Middle East for some years now, where is a parallel to that? Did you know it's been longer than the WWII engagement already?

You seem annoyed about my finding a contradition in your writing. Oh well, if you extoll the high moral character of American people in one sentence and bemoan apparent lack of moral fiber in American people in the next one, that kind of logic is also quite difficult to absorb. Make up your mind already.

And don't blame it all on the oil. That's a copout. Even before that, the incomes were flat for a very, very long time why the output grew -- and you chose to ignore that, in favor of complaining of me "parsing" your text.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by buddhasystem]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe

once the people stop saying muu and bee then they will fall....

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ignaciobeltran

The American people are just awaking from an 8 year cloud of deception pulled over their patriotic eyes. Even now... most still follow a man who has never given a damn about them. The damned include: WHITES, BLACKS, HISPANICS, ASIANS... and we must mention the American INDIAN. Where are they on America's totem pole of fairness ???

Anyone can see Bush has a lack of education, he's compassionless, he's a brief minded cammader & thief....

Borders are left open for any and all to just waltz in here and take advantage of the tax dollars so many of you complain about as you do nothing but blame China, Africa, Iran, Iraq, blacks, Obama, the Weather channel, Drug Cartels, Pee Wee Herman and welfare system.

American owned companies, ports, roads, bridges, mills, land are being bought up and outsourced by international vulture capitolists with money from your own pockets and there we stand.... like flag waving deer in headlights!

I'm sure even the Americans who voted for Bush KRINGE... at the thought of what idiotic exit strategy he's got up his demonic sleeve!

"WE CAN JUST ERASE THE SLATE... JUST BURRY BUSH IN HISTORY!!!!!" No you can't ... the irreversable damage has been done! And you sheep can see your ultimate "fleecing" with your own eyes.

Republican Husband - "Honey... 20 dollars for a gallon of gas is the small price we pay for our family to remain a world leading super power"
Please!

To the OP... you are just one in millions trying to grapple with the seriousness of it all ---- How in Gods name did we get suckered into this con!

The Republican machine speaks directly to those who still think their personal interests are in heart. These morons then... keep the cylinders rev'd & lubed up in their own politcal rear-ends until the BS political viscosity breaks down. OOOUUUCH!!

By this time it's too late... the culprit has skipped out of 8 years of stabbing this country in it's back. Now you have senate hearings that are far too late and statute of limitations devoid of any legal actions.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Level X]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Thank you for a readable post.

I understand the use of annotated text, but when it is overly used, it renders any argument incomprehensible. That's deconstructionism.

Nonetheless, I have made my statement and I stand by it, even that portion that you consider to be contradictory, but is not. I know that it sounds contradictory, but if you really think about it, if you really understand society and it's progressions or regressions, it will make sense.

It is fine for you to disagree with my opinions, but your condescending tone is not likely to

Here, I will use annotated text:

Originally posted by buddhasystem
And don't blame it all on the oil. That's a copout. Even before that, the incomes were flat for a very, very long time why the output grew -- and you chose to ignore that, in favor of complaining of me "parsing" your text.

Nowhere did I blame oil for anything. I don't know what is wrong with your comprehension, but it should be a matter of concern.

Actually, I am highly offended by your asinine sophistry, so I will have no more to do with you.

Good day.

[edit on 2008/7/8 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Level X

What a constructive and inspiring post, level X!

I never realised people could become renowned and famed on the internet for being so depressing!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Level X

The American people are just awaking from an 8 year cloud of deception pulled over their patriotic eyes. Even now... most still follow a man who has never given a damn about them. The damned include: WHITES, BLACKS, HISPANICS, ASIANS... and we must mention the American INDIAN. Where are they on America's totem pole of fairness ???

Anyone can see Bush has a lack of education, he's compassionless, he's a brief minded cammader & thief....

Borders are left open for any and all to just waltz in here and take advantage of the tax dollars so many of you complain about as you do nothing but blame China, Africa, Iran, Iraq, blacks, Obama, the Weather channel, Drug Cartels, Pee Wee Herman and welfare system.

American owned companies, ports, roads, bridges, mills, land are being bought up and outsourced by international vulture capitolists with money from your own pockets and there we stand.... like deer in headlights

By this time it's too late... the culprit has skipped out of 8 years of stabbing this country in it's back. Now you have senate hearings that are far too late and statute of limitations devoid of any legal actions.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Level X]

Exactly! That's why I asked the question. If they steal elections again, I hope people demand democracy and defend the value of their votes. I hope America does not sink in the deep hole of nothingness and oblivion. I see in dismay how all the greatness of the US is going down the drain and people do nothing. They are too darn busy sitting on their fat asses eating McDonalds with a Diet Coke, while Rome burns.

I am thinking of getting another thread just after this one fades, just to do my part into making people think about it. Maybe, just maybe just a few will start doing something about the slipping of America into poverty.

If we know what smacked us, we may be able to prevent further damage.

Congratulations,

OP.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
reply to post by Level X

What a constructive and inspiring post, level X!

I never realised people could become renowned and famed on the internet for being so depressing!

I think Level X is appraising the situation correctly.

It may sound depressing to you, but I think he is correct.

The borders are wide open, the drain of Iraq is humungus and gargantual; Just those two problems are enough to worry about. And I am not addressing more that are in the minds of every American every day like the cost of food and gas.

Go hide your head in the sand, and be happy.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignaciobeltran
reply to post by jsobecky

Becky,

What's with you? What has ruffled your feathers? Not me, I hope. As for your insults, you keep them. I do not want to respond in a nasty, uncivilized way. You are just ONE rotten apple in all the nice responses I have got.

I am not going to lose my cool because you are menstruating, Becky. You are now on IGNORE. Good day.

You've got to understand, Beckys has got the scrupuls of Pol Pot and a political outlook that would make Benito Mussolini proud!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

Originally posted by ignaciobeltran
reply to post by jsobecky

You've got to understand, Beckys has got the scrupuls of Pol Pot and a political outlook that would make Benito Mussolini proud!!!

lol.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I just undid puting Becky on ignore.

I hope she behaves, now.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

reply to post by tide88

They can act shocked in movies too! even the actor who played the president in the movie deep impact, he was shocked too. asteroid coming ya know! The movies of course as I'm coming to my point, isn't real, doesn't mean to say that you can't act in shock?

Bush isn't shocked that 650,000 are dead in Iraq, that crap debunked of how honest and innocent that bratt bush is... wake up

Just saying like, people can act and lie.

Yes those people are called actors. And seeing bush is a complete idiot according to everyone, I doubt he would be able to act that well. Even most professional actors have to do take after take to get the look of suprise on their face right. You think they just do it in one take. But Bush can get it perfect while being taped the first time. Wow, at least he has a carreer after his presidency. I am sure with his superb acting skills, the liberals in hollywood would have no problem hiring him.. Imagine all the money they can save on doing all the shots on the first take.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Hey Amigo, why are you so concerened about the "sorry state" of the USofA when you live in Mexico?
No comprendo.

Do you know something we don't?
Are you planning on relocating to the states?

Your question has many answers and many people are to blame, including illegals from Mexico.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Alxandro]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I'm fairly confident this is a good reason or two.

1. the "revolving door" is to blame as well as

2. the natural instinct for men in power to desire more power ( globalists/financial elite infiltrating u.s.a gov't and subsidiary's) and the ability for public officials to be bought by them (greed) as well as the tremendous influence they have developed in the media (which keeps people asleep and wanting to believe their positive spin) and putting up w/ it.

the revolving door is the one that exists between private business (profit /bottom line focused business men) and public office (regulators) who are supposed to have public intrests in mind. and what you get is "the fox's gaurding the hen house".

public office is often held by those who for most of their life have represented private business/banking interests and these are the seeds of corruption as they take over regulatory positions (who are supposed to have public interests in mind) ex. 1. Hank paulson

the globalists have gained power and influence over the nation state and have worked to increase the international banking/finance role in the economy as well as create world and regional organizations and agreements which compromise the best intrests of the nation state ( this started with the federal reserve act). This also works to minimize the power of elected officals especially when you have the money to select who makes up the pool ( group of candidates) knowing they will represent your intrests (in return for vast business connections/wealth) and letting the public think their vote matters. Now they have consolidated and fine tuned their control of media (especially financial media) and the natural tendency of man is to want to believe their spin, and the mind fu$* is that believing it keeps the stock market's propped up, however makes us disillusioned and ignorant.

American gov't at one time was an anomaly (in a good way) it was designed by those who knew the ways of british imperialists and constructed in a way to FRUSTRATE the money men who want all country's to be dependent of their influence. THEY tried THREE times to gain this influence thru the use of a central bank until this last attempt has stuck since 1913, and then the rest is history with the u.s near it's tipping point, hollowed out, dependant on debt, and about to make a painful transition as soon as dollar hemogeny ends. None should discount the role the globalists have had infiltrating then being fat parasites in this country for the last 90 years, the only reason the U.S economy has maintained strength as a super power since 1970's is the PETRO DOLLAR! it has financed our military strength and out of balance consumption.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble

third world countries we support
terrosim
the fact that we dont just up and take iraq's oil supply
god's chosen people the british

liberalizm

just to name a few..

I guess you have it wrong. In this case, Terrorism is spelled without a T. Errorism is more what George W. Bush and his cronies have created with soooooooo many ERRORS, misappreciations, and blatant lying to create wars in which to drain the money needed by the population for basic living.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

once the people stop saying muu and bee then they will fall....

Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha

Sheeple will stop being sheeple once life stops being comfortable.

I love your parting line: once the sheeple stop saying muu and bee then TPTB will fall....

This is very concise, and true. LOL.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Nonetheless, I have made my statement and I stand by it, even that portion that you consider to be contradictory, but is not. I know that it sounds contradictory, but if you really think about it, if you really understand society and it's progressions or regressions, it will make sense.

No Grady, if you said something is "white" in one sentence, it's a serious gap in logic to call it "black" in the next.

Actually, I am highly offended by your asinine sophistry, so I will have no more to do with you.

Sophistry? Since when asking for elementary logic to be present and protesting content-free posts such as yours equals "sophistry"?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Hey Amigo, why are you so concerened about the "sorry state" of the USofA when you live in Mexico?
No comprendo.

Do you know something we don't?
Are you planning on relocating to the states?

Your question has many answers and many people are to blame, including illegals from Mexico.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Alxandro]

Why not be concerned?

After all, what happens to one country is of concern to the rest, unless you are so arrogant to think that you live on an island. Don't be so jumpy. I am thinking of relocating to the Highest sierras on my State of Baja California. Here is why.

I went to visit some friends at the State Secretariat of Agriculture, Fishing, Water, and Rural Development and they told me that the State of Baja California is desperately searching for acquifers and so far, they have unfruititiosly spend millions of Mexican Pesos.

Wherever you happen to live, I bet you are in the same situation. Instead of being so paraniod, amigo, about illegals, I recommend you start searching for a good acquifer and save some of that water by using a tank somewhere where is well hidden. As time goes on, this is going to be a nasty ride.

This si not a matter of nationality. This is a matter of being a human being, and if you think you are your nationality and that you are insulated because of it, you have to wake up.

Coming back to the subject, you say my question has many answers. That is correct! I LOVE to make people THINK. The current problems that plague the world are so because sheople do not THINK, and those who do DO NOT ACT UPON THEIR THOUGHTS. You say illegals from Mexico are a part to blame. You are correct. Illegals from all the countries exacerbate the current situation the US is in.

When TSHTF, there will be no electricity, no internet, scarce food and water, and a represive government trying to maintain order for the rich. People will want to survive at any cost. No matter where you live. If we are not into sharing resources and bartering, the whole world is gonna burn like hell.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

The drive by liberal media is to blame.
You ain't seen nothing yet.
From now until november, the USA will the worst nation on earth.
The ONLY hope is to make Obama president.

Obama or bust!
It is all very predictable.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

The drive by liberal media is to blame.
You ain't seen nothing yet.
From now until november, the USA will the worst nation on earth.
The ONLY hope is to make Obama president.

Obama or bust!
It is all very predictable.

Ha, Obama Wan Kenobi is our only hope.
Help us.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join