It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Group or Not,When Sit-X Happens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by trekker

Small, united groups, as far away as possible from major urban areas, but close enough to small towns (so that you can safely plunder local markets and stores without too great of a risk).

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Thank you for yor stement about taking out a family or two...
You made me realize that it's not humanity I am digusted with... it's people who think like you do.
Halleluja! I do care!
Perhaps I will witness you and your freinds with a victim family. I could then absolutely not be convinced to let you and those you influence, live.
In aprimal society- eventually everyone will know who did what.
Think pitchforks and torches, killer.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RubyGloom

Carry no weapons and be prepared to give everything up and walk away naked.
Being prepared will enable you to do this.
Your hold- up artists will probably be scratching their heads thinking, ' man, he took that well...'.
He doesn't know that one of your caches is nearby.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Skelkie3

A very good back up plan you have there.
I hope it works out as easily as that.
Of course, in the beginning, most will be in a state of panic.
Those who are prepared and keep a level head, will be the most successful.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Yes, as you say, there will be panic.
With all due respect to humanity, herds pack in tight when they're panicked- then break apart . I think that if you get out quick, you will likely have less likelyhood of encounters.
It's the quest for resources that will set these beasts on the road... hope your're settled in and covered by then.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Well, I live in a small town where people are known to stick together. I believe it's in my interest to prepare to survive here or somewhere like it. While realistically I would prefer to survive with at least a partner, I think small groups have a higher chance of (sane) survival.

No matter what happens, I'm learning new skills each month from seed saving to herbal medicine to defence with weapons.

I have a feeling this generations' Sit X will more than likely be a depression helped along by several natural disasters so I am making sure I have resources to get through something like that

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
stay in as small groups as possible, otherwise the plants and trees will release their toxins on you.

-

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan
To the OP, If I was you I would stay exactly where you are - New Zealand is 'considered' one of the 'safer' areas of the World.

As for groups and suchlike, it depends on what/which Situation X you are envisaging.

In times of natural disaster most people the world over help each other out with whatever they can.

If you are looking at a breakdown of civilisation scenario then I would plump for a small group of like minded people. Think of it this way, the Special Forces always act in small groups and are disproportionate to their size. Again though, this is going to depend on where in the world you live.

I dont know about that we have the waihopi spy base in the south island that is run by the usa, i think they'll want access to that, so might bring them here as well. i think its called that, i'll find it on google earth when i get home and post a link if no one has beaten me to it.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Make sure to carry orgonite.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Opulisum
I dont mean to sound rude, but do you even know if situation X will ever happen? Is there any solid proof that this is the way the world will go?

I personally would like the idea of a situation x type event to happen, im not sure why, but like I said before, is there any hard evidence that this is what is going to happen, or is it all just scary lies told by people on this site?

If you choose to be as blind as bat and not notice something looming on the horizon then that's not our problem. There's always Fox News.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anuubis
Something you've obviously overlooked. Those "fighters" are still people, and they are not going to be rounding up civilians when there is no government left, they are going to be trying to find their families.

Who told you there would be no government left? There's will still be one and different than the one you currently know.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Morals DO come into play when you speak of raiding others. Because that includes violence of the worst kind. I hate to think of families with children subjected to.."Survival of the fittest".

Better get used to the idea real quick if it goes down, because that will be the only law. Not cops, not morals. Look at the crap we already see everyday with civilization still intact.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Skelkie3

Think pitchforks and torches, killer.

Lynchmob justice, real civilized.

Perhaps I will witness you and your freinds with a victim family. I could then absolutely not be convinced to let you and those you influence, live.

Well, you wouldn't have a choice if you were all by yourself. Go ahead, attack my platoon. See what it gets you.

Thank you for yor stement about taking out a family or two...

Glad you have seen the light.

You made me realize that it's not humanity I am digusted with... it's people who think like you do.

So, are you going to try to force my platoon to think like you do, all by yourself?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

stay in as small groups as possible, otherwise the plants and trees will release their toxins on you.

That would be bad indeed, wouldn't want that HAPPENING.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Ok this a reply to a post on page two i think, someone said new Zealand was one of the safer placers to be, when the SHTF, why he thought that i would like to know, we have a American spy base in the south island, below is a pick of it, i think if Sit x was a government initiated scenario then the states would likely be wanting to keep a vested interest in NZ, hence not safe at all IMO,

Bugger. dont know why the pic was cut in half, how do i fix this, newb sorry

[edit on 5-7-2008 by trekker]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Obviously this is all hypothetical as none of us know what the next Situation X is going to be. Though again, it does depend on where you live in the world.

I think some of you are getting a little carried away here with the 'Mad Max' and the 'End of the World as we know it' type scenarios. So far throughout Mans' history this has never happened, so why would it now?

I suggest to some of you to look at past recent world history to show what kind of things happen in ''Real Life Situation X's'' to see how people react. You will be pleasantly surprised to see that in 99% of cases it doesnt resort to ''Mob Rule'' or the ''Rule of the Jungle'' - People do band together to help each other out.

Take WW2 for example (As close to an end of the world as we know it scenario as i can think of) - Britain had its back to the wall. There was a threat of imminent invasion, major air battles everyday and severe bombings, food convoys were being sunk and there was strict rationing. All major works of art were moved to safe locations and plans were afoot for Government to relocate ... to Canada if neccessary.

WW2 actually brought the nation closer together, we were all in it together - rich and poor, it 'broke' the class system, levelled the playing field momentarily for women in work, it made all political parties work together (actually quite well), it gave rise to the birth of the NHS and other social models, increased agricultural production to such levels that decades later the EU paid British Farmers to take land out of production. Never was there a time and since when Britain came that close to 'The end of the world as we know it' and we were still civilised. We never de-generated to a 'Mad Max' style of living.

Never underestimate human nature ..... In my experience, most people will help their fellow man.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by trekker

I wouldnt worry about that spy base. It will be absolutely a white elephant if all the US satallites are destroyed first.

I say that New Zealand is regarded as a safer place because and no disrespect here, but it is an insignificant Nation when it comes to Military and World affairs. Its also stuck out in the back of beyond.

This is not a NZ bash by the way. I think NZ is a lovely country and I know many people that live there (jealousy rearing its ugly head here).

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

That WW2 thing you mentioned sounds all rather plausible, IF YOU BELIEVE the common history that we are taught about why it started and who was on who's side, i for one don't

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan
Obviously this is all hypothetical as none of us know what the next Situation X is going to be. Though again, it does depend on where you live in the world.

I think some of you are getting a little carried away here with the 'Mad Max' and the 'End of the World as we know it' type scenarios. So far throughout Mans' history this has never happened, so why would it now?

Because they DO want to reduce the world's population. And since you're one of those brainwashed sheeps that keep barking "there's no proof", "where's your solid evidence?" blah blah blah and all that crap, you should see this.

Guess where they did this? In my own country!

Also I believe that the safest place would be the region of Central Asia. Desert Mad Max it is!!!

[edit on 5-7-2008 by homo_borg]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join