It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Satanism

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

"This thread is not meant to defend Satanism or my beliefs"

If this were true, then why is the post called "The Truth About Satanism"? Does that not imply that you are defending it or your beliefs? What do preachers do when they are confronted by non-believers? They defend their beliefs by attempting to provide "truths" about there beliefs. If the thread is meant to inform people whom know little or nothing about this brand of Satanism, it is still in defense of it.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

Good to meet someone who shares the same beliefs as I do..

Can i ask you a question, did you also perform the dedication ritual ?

Your welcome to answer in U2U if you dont want to state it publicly

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

While you are it, why don't you start listing all the atrocities christians performed in the name of their god over the ages ?

Or perhaps you could list all the cases of ministers and priests, MEN OF god sodomizing and raping little children ?

Or are you simply interested in bashing satanism ? cause if you like i'd be more that willing to start posting all the horrendous things christians have done in the name of god...

I am a spiritual satanist, i worship the devil, i have his mark, he is my father, and i have never murdered or sacrificed another human being or animal in all the years of being a practicing satanist, neither have i ever commited any kind of crime.

Shadowflux is right, keep your drivel to yourself.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Soldier Of Darkness

While you are it, why don't you start listing all the atrocities christians performed in the name of their god over the ages ?

Or perhaps you could list all the cases of ministers and priests, MEN OF god sodomizing and raping little children ?

Or are you simply interested in bashing satanism ? cause if you like i'd be more that willing to start posting all the horrendous things christians have done in the name of god...

I am a spiritual satanist, i worship the devil, i have his mark, he is my father, and i have never murdered or sacrificed another human being or animal in all the years of being a practicing satanist, neither have i ever commited any kind of crime.

Shadowflux is right, keep your drivel to yourself.

Such touchy satanists. I don't care if you post attrocities committed by xians. Go ahead. Some of those cases turn out to be xians secretly practising satanism. Lovely.

I have no expectation of satanists revealing the truth about their actions or activities, so I am not impressed in the least by declarations that one hasn't murdered or sacrificed a human being or committed a crime. Rather such a rush to denial raises all sorts of red flags..

If there is going to be a thread about "the truth of satanism" then there is going to be an open opportunity for everyone to respond to the OP and explore the many sides of what that "truth" signifies.

Crime related to satanism is documented by court case after court case and conviction after conviction all over the western world. I think it would be the very peculiar day that one would read of a court case in which someone's Presbyterian convictions, for example, led them to beat a man in the head with a hammer as a sacrifice to the Presbyterian deity.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

You want an atrocity brought in the name of "God"? Try the Crusades. The Xians slaughtered EVERY person they could lay their hands on once they overtook a city.

You want something more recent? How about all the pedophile priests? You can claim that these are just a small percentage but that is just the same as the court cases you are presenting against Satanism.

As for numbers of members I can't give you an exact number but with all the people like you, with no tolerance and no desire to understand, most Satanists stay under the radar as to not come under attacks. Speaking of attacks against Satanists, they're not exactly the accepting, loving, or peaceful actions your "Christ" preached everywhere he went. Many more people would be open to Satanism if it was given another name. You hear Satan and instantly go into defense mode.

Ever consider that Xians are being duped? If you can believe in heaven and hell then you can grasp the concept of Cosmic beings. How do you know that Yahweh is not just a universal entity that is stealing your life energy? My personal beliefs lay in strengthening myself, not a divine being, so that I can help my community rather than praying to a being to fix things.

Also for the record I am not a Satanist myself. I just have the respect to learn about it and see the pros as well as the cons for myself.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scurvy

Also for the record I am not a Satanist myself. I just have the respect to learn about it and see the pros as well as the cons for myself.

Whatever you are, you are certainly anti-xian it would seem. And you are very much barking up the wrong tree with me over that.

As far as the gloss on the Crusades as being the work of Christianity, that would only be part of the story. The other part is that nation states in Europe decided to respond to the Islamic onslaught by taking the war to the City of Jerusalem (much as Bush/Cheney decided to take the war to Afghanistan and Iraq rather than fight it in the confines of the USA -- which is the only possible point I could concede to the Bush/Cheney regime). So there is a complex dynamic of national defense, national ambition, religion, and other factors all converging in warfare.

If this were a thread on the glories of christianity, it would be important to post the religions inglorious moments of sin, crime, murder and violence. But in such a thread we would be able to point to christianity's contributions to the development of universities, hospitals, charities, music, high art, architecture etc. In the face of the challenge I bring to this thread on satanism, perhaps one of its apologists would like to post its achievements for humanity and world culture i.e. a list of the great satanist painters inspired by their religion to paint works that are recognised as masterpieces of human culture. And the list can go on from that idea.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Speaking of attacks against Satanists, they're not exactly the accepting, loving, or peaceful actions your "Christ" preached everywhere he went.

I'm not certain where that emasculated caricature of Jesus the Nazarene originated, but it is not consistent with what is known of him in the christian scriptures and tradition with regard to satan & company or with regard to his other human opponents.

Of course, it is not germaine to this thread where it would have been more fruitful to look at the caricatures of satan and see their point of origin.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

You want something more recent? How about all the pedophile priests? You can claim that these are just a small percentage but that is just the same as the court cases you are presenting against Satanism.

I don't think the statitistics would be on your side of that kind of argument.

But if this were a thread on the truth of christianity, it would be very appropriate to bring up the pedophile priests AND the enabling bishops ... as well as priests who have committed murders like the one in Toledo, Ohio in the States -- the priest who murdered a nun ... but he murdered her in a satanic ritual so that one is more complex.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I respect the fundamental ideals of any religion as they promote co-operation, peace, all that good stuff. I am not a believer in prayer though. I do not believe that any divine being of goodness would not instill fear in its followers and exact vengeance on those who do not listen. That is ludicrous and is the major flaw I found in christianity (I was born, raised, and educated as a Roman Catholic).

As for Jesus not preaching about love and peace I've found a list of quotes.

King James Bible Quotes

John 13:34

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

John 13:35

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

John 15:12

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

John 15:17

These things I command you, that ye love one another.

Romans 12:10

Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

Romans 13:8

Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Galatians 5:13

For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

Ephesians 4:2

With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

1 Thessalonians 3:12

And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you:

1 Thessalonians 4:9

But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.

Hebrews 10:24

And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

1 Peter 1:22

Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

1 Peter 3:8

Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:

1 John 3:11

For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

1 John 3:23

And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

1 John 4:7

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

1 John 4:11

Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

1 John 4:12

No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, love is perfected in us.

2 John 1:5

And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Actually your list of quotes is more a catena on peace and love in xian thought since only elements of your first quotes from John are from Jesus the Nazarene and all the others are from the apostolic writings.

Peace and love do not characterise the actions or words of Jesus with regard to his opponents or Satan or the demons in the xian scriptures.

[edit on 4/7/08 by Pellevoisin]

[edit on 4/7/08 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
once again, Gnosticism rears it's occulted head.

Samael, Yaldabaoth, the creator god of the old testament, so wrathful and petty is the Demiurge, the evil creator and false god.

The serpent, the Nassarah, he gives the humans knowledge.

Nassarah. Nazarene? Nazareth is a fictional town.

Christ comes along when Gnosticism is at it's apex, Mitraism [or Mithraism] imported from Indo-Persia is rampant, and Jesus joins the Essenes at the Dead Sea.

so, if the jewish Adversary is Satan, and Christianity is a Gnsotic faith, whose adversary is Yahweh, the false god, then

Satan=Jesus

Period. Full Stop.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaTherion

Nazareth is a fictional town.

No, it is a real town. The name Nazareth means "Lily" in Hebrew and Aramaic. While small it has been around for a long time. Under the convent near the Episcopalian church in Nazareth there are archelogical excavations that show the levels of habitation going back to the period at the turning of BCE to CE. It has been a long time since I was in that dig, and I don't know what else may have been found under the first century levels.

... and Jesus joins the Essenes at the Dead Sea.

Perhaps but it may be more likely that Miram/Mary and Joseph were already influenced by the Essenes. According to the Knanya Christians of India, Jesus and his parents were members of a Jewish sect called the Nazarenes, and they claim descent from that sect of Nazarenes themselves. They had a "Gospel of the Nazarenes" that was gathered up and burnt by the Portuguese Roman Catholics during their occupation of Kerala. There are sadly no copies left of that document which is mentioned in the earliest xian writings.

so, if the jewish Adversary is Satan, and Christianity is a Gnsotic faith, whose adversary is Yahweh, the false god, then

Satan=Jesus

Interesting premise, but no I think the hebrew religion/scripture scholar M. Barker has it right in theorising that the early hebrew followers of Jesus believed that Jesus=Yahweh that is to say that Jesus was the incarnate god of Israel. Then the El Elyon (Most High) of the hebrew texts becomes the Father deity and El Shaddai (god of mountains or the god with breasts) becomes the divine spirit or the Mother deity depending on the variety of christianity.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Is Enki really a Satan template? The Serpent in Eden was a creature, a living thing that according to the Bible lived in Eden just like the dragon in the Garden of Hesperides in Greek myth. I would argue that the serpent in Eden was not Satan.

I would also argue that Satan was not some kind of Promethean teacher. There is another being or beings that would fit this description much better, like the Bnai Elohim from Genesis. Azazel is often associated with them and in the Book of Enoch both he and others like him engage in Promethean actions that lead to cataclysmic disaster, but he is not The Satan. Unlike Satan he was bound like Prometheus. Biblically Satan is free to travel where he pleases, Azazel is stuck in some desert.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

well, crap then.

My research has some odd translations then, if that's the accepted standard.

not being a speaker of Hebrew, Aramaic, or all that, I have to go by other's translations.

I was led to believe that Nassarah meant snake, and that Al Shaddai meant Lord of Battles.

so, is the Egyptian 'Khibiru' for 'slave' the origin of the word 'Hebrew', as history would seem to support?

I'm prepared to feel stupid at any time, do not spare me.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaTherion

so, is the Egyptian 'Khibiru' for 'slave' the origin of the word 'Hebrew', as history would seem to support?

I'm prepared to feel stupid at any time, do not spare me.

I think you are very bright and have no reason to feel stupid. We all synthesise what we have read and then must regroup after new information.

El Shaddai could have a reading as the god of battles but so many scholars disagree with that and I really think "the god with breasts" is the oldest and proper reading, but it could also be god of the mountains where Asherah was worshipped as the god of the mountains. Possible.

From my reading khibiru is likely the origin for hebrew.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

the 'god with breasts' thing makes me wonder if this was the true origin of Baphomet (look how I skillfully returned to topic /me is teh roxxorz)

Baphomet is an androgenous/hermaphroditic deity. does satan have an origin in the obscure Hermaphrodite? also a 'god'(male) with 'breasts'(female)?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Lol The church of Satan what a load of rubbish for starters if you so called satanist had any clue of what the book of belial says im sure you would all be held to rights and dismissed as idiots.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
That was very informative OP. I really enjoyed reading the info you shared with us. Satanism kind of reminds me of the philosphical movement existentialism. It seems to emphasize the idea of living your life the way you want it without the intervention of a powerful deity or authority. I live my life following this philosophy, so yeah, it was great reading.

Thanks for educating me on this!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Can you show me where Job was adapted from Sumerian myth?

Here you go:

'Possible' Sumerian Source

Ludlul bel Nemeqi

La pensée religieuse des Sumériens et le Livre de Job (abstract only)

Job and Ugaritic Studies

and even, reading between the lines,

The Catholic Encyclopedia

I also beg to differ on the satan ever being a divinity in mesopotamia.

I never said he was.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Here's my rebuttal of the Sumerian theory.

Ludlul bēl nēmeqi, the text mentioned in the theory.
en.wikipedia.org...

The poem has also been called the Poem of the Righteous Sufferer or the Babylonian Job. However, the work is actually a hymn of thanksgiving to Marduk for recovery from illness

The only real comparison between the two is the question of suffering, other than that they are quite different. I dont really see Sumeria as the end all, be all inspiration for the Bible. There's far more similarities with Canaanite mythology than Sumerian myth.

Your quote about satan's godhood

The Near East was absolutely lousy with gods -- Sumerian, Egyptian, Hittite, Assyrian, Akkadian, Persian, the list goes on and on -- and Yahweh and Satan were just two out of the multitude

Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join