It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Satanism

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

You are simply referring to your Protestant wing of satanism, the Church of Satan of Anton LeVay.

However, as this thread has demonstrated there are many, many different interpretations of what satanism means. And one of those Left Hand paths includes torture and murder in a theistic satanist context -- a theistic satanist context even when the individuals involved seem to have derived most of their information from LeVay's Satanic Bible.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
About a decade ago I went to Lavey's house in Frisco at night due to claims of it being haunted and such... I have heard rumors about black vans, upon your visit, follow you all the way to your home then drive away.

The place is indeed a black, and it is located on a street that has apartment and houses that have no front yards, so Lavey's house was unique in the aspect that it was recessed back with a yard filled with a lot of random debris (could not make it out for sure as it was dark and unlit and the fence also had wooden vertical slats that only allowed yout o peer in between them). A creepy aspect about the front yard was that it had a menacing fence that had the upper portion of the vertical poles spiked and bent inwards, as if it is to keep something in, rather than people out.

The house is all black and has 2 floors, with some of the upstairs windows being closed. Like some young fools out to find something scary, we went up to the fence and rang the bell on the fence then got back in the car. Due to the color and fence, the feeling at night was quite creepy... I did not even want to be in view from the windows so I sat on the far side of the car.

We left and came back about an hour later and noticed one of the windows that had previously been closed was now open on the upper floor (since nobody has lived there in quite a while and it happened merely an hour later... perhaps the feeling of being watched was justified by their being squatters or something in the house that were watching us). Besides that nothing else happened.

Pardon the off-topic story, but I thank the OP for clearing up a lot of the misconceptions about the man and Satanism in general. I was under the stereotypical view of the subject, and thus the associated fear and curiosity that sparked our mission to the house. After researching the man and Satanism in general, I actually agree with a lot of the things that are taught.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by astronomine]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
A thread for the times, and a good sign for us all, as a symptom of the end of the war, due to love and brotherhood.

So. to all you naive would-be's and "tolerant" ones of evil, read my words carefully: Satanists hate God, and Satan is an entity; so for them on the left hand path of hate, and for satan, there is a ring pass not, for as long as it takes them to redeem themselves. To the "would-be's": it can take a long time to get youself out of a deep hole, is that what you really want? Consider that behind the deception and the dense concrete intellect of anti-joy is the reality of truth:

Satanism is an expression of rage, hostility, and self-indulgence more than it is a developed religious conviction. Rationalise it all you want, dress it up all you want, it is as it is.

All Sorcerers have many Elemental Demons who Manifest their covenent with Satan and use the Will over Nature. Milarepa tried it, for a short while, but he redeemed himself in that lifetime. But many bring the karma through to the next lifetime, keep developing their own powers, until they reach the soulless dead-end that it is. by that dead -end, I am talking about ending up in the future like the greys in "fire in the sky" movie, for that is the "end game" for the satanists. happy times eh? Want to be that? See you there Satanists....not!!!

Many of the satanic supporters in this thread show the signs of the ANTI-CHRIST; however, all of Christ Saints have battled
with the Sorcerers who have brought these demons to the World manifesting as Hitler's & Hirohito's, plus the group today trying to cause trouble.

The baseline reality is....All seven Kingdoms are found within the Logos the Planetary Logo that is the Incarnation of God on every Planet (Christ). Every Human being is a Emanation of that Planetary Logos and the level of initiation the planetary logos has manifested in the Life of the planet. That includes you!

And study the old texts if you are still not sure...."Lord had created Adam, He said unto Sanatiel, “Come thou too and worship the work of my hands.” And he said, “I will not worship; for there is none greater than I excepting thee,’ saying (besides?), “I too desire to be equal (isos) to the (MS my) demiurge (demiourgos) and like him.” When God had found in him this wickedness (kakia), He caused one of the Cherubim to drag him from the midst of the fiery stones [4] (and) He cast him down upon the earth and with him a multitude of angels besides whom he had deceived. Forthwith God commanded to close (koluein) the place of ascent for a long time, between (them and) the other angels of God, that they should not be able to descend upon the earth.
‘The angels beheld the likeness and image of God in Adam and they fell down and worshipped him and gave him glory as the likeness of God. But Mastema, which is Sataniel, saw the honour that was given to Adam and he was greatly jealous. He stiffened his neck before the Lord and said unto the angels: “it befits not us to worship Adam, for he is virgin (parthenikos) of earth; but we are angels (formed) of flames of fire and honourable, (made) from the elements (hyle pi.) of fire, while he is earth from the earth.” And he desired in his wickedness to lead astray (skandalizein) the angels, going in and stiffening his neck before God. But Michael the archangel and all the orders (tagma pI.) of heaven marvelled at the pride of the devil (diabolos) and his vainglory (kenodoxia) and they hardened their hearts against his tyranny (tyrannos) beseeching him daily that he would leave his pride and repent and become humble and remain in his honour. But he would not hear them, but he conceived trouble."

good luck!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by astronomine

I'm glad I could help further educate you. LaVey was nothing if not a good showman and the fear and apprehension you felt near the Black House was exactly what he was going for. Unfortunately, and i don't blame this on you, this type of behavioral also led to his increased exclusiveness.

Sadly:

Following LaVey's death, members of the Church of Satan unsuccessfully attempted to raise funds to repurchase the house, and it was demolished on October 17, 2001. As of May 2006, there is a new development being built on the lot where the Black House once stood.

So another historic and unique landmark falls to yet more condos.

FYI, the video I linked to in the beginning takes you on a tour of the inside of the Black House, if you're interested.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Shadowflux]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I know I'm doing a naughty thing with these one-liners, but this one may actually be relevant:

Satanism is (Humanism)+(CosPlay)

OR

Satanism is (Humanism)+(Catholic Inversion)

hm? hm?

pretty clever, riiiiiight?

no?

damn.

however, it does seem to have an essentially atheistic humanism philosophy while fulfilling the religious impulse with an inversion of the offending common religion of the day, xtianity.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This is something good to see. People getting to the root of the problem with no help from someone else. That's the problem with the so-called "elite"... they don't get how intelligent and interested in things like this. They have to realize that no amount of deception will keep people from thier true spiritual nature.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaTherion

LaVey himself has spoken of the inherent need in people for some form of ritual or ceremony. He contends that modern life is devoid of ritual and ceremony and so Satanism offers man ritual and ceremony although it is little else than a dramatization.

Granted, there are a few rituals with a magical purpose but it is not "magick" or summoning demons as some would have you believe. There are no real strict guidelines for these magical ceremonies and the general rule is that one, or a small few, focused Satanists are better for the ritual than a hundred distracted followers.

LaVeyan Satanism isn't so much about an inversion of Christianity as it is an objectivist and individualist doctrine. LaVeyan Satanists don't actually preform "The Black Mass" as it was itself little more than a "psycho-drama" and a means for people at the time to rebel against an overpowering and (to them) offending religion.

LaVey's wish to not seem simply reactionary to Christianity is one of the reasons The Sigil of Baphomet is used as the church's official image and not that of an inverted cross as was the popular notion of "satanic symbols" prior to the church's founding.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Another LaVengie...Did you know that LaVey admittingly was drunk on moonshine when he wrote The Satanic Bible? LaVeyanism is a scam. Yes, I have read The Satanic Bible and The Satanic Rituals. I did find The Satanic Bible quite appealing at youth. It was only about 3 years later and after reading numerous times, it became so childish right before my eyes. LaVey claims that there are no contradictions within the text... It is full of contradictions. Especially in the Book of Satan, where he claims the following text is not a blasphemy, as he goes on to talk about defiling the Christian Deity. The book is meant to hook young people, as it did to me. If they were an honest religion, then why are they charging fees to join there little Church of Satan? Honest religions, atleat in my opinion, do not charge a fee. The bottom line is don't buy into this garbage. No, I am not a Christian attempting to throw people away from the devil here. I am not a religious person. Visit this site for the TRUTH about LaVey...

Here is what his DAUGHTER has to say about him:

alt.nntp2http.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Nebel

Despite having read the Satanic Bible it seems clear that you don't fully understand the purpose of the Church of Satan. I fear, too, that you have not fully understood what I have posted in this thread.

There is no "scam" to the Church of Satan, they do not try to convert you, they do not promise you anything, they don't say you will see Satan and speak with him.

Attacking what may be inconsistencies in LaVey's biography puts on display one's inability to comprehend the philosophy and does not detract from the writings or the philosophy itself.

Part of declaring yourself your own god is the ability to form your life and personality to your will. If you watched Speak of the Devil you would understand that the Black House, the Church itself and the entire mystique surrounding him was the sole creation of LaVey. He understood the importance of such a mystique in relation to showmanship and publicity.

I believe much of what LaVey has said about his past and much of what he said he has done. I also believe that there is more than a fair amount of embellishment added to make a good story. He was a musician, he owned lions and other big cats, he can play circus music by heart, those are not traits of a mundane man.

As for the Church's entry fee, I have covered that before. There are costs to running any organization and more so if that organization is not tax exempt (by choice). The church does not hold regular services where it may collect donations three or four times. It costs money to print books and maintain websites, to hire accountants and publicists, and I'm sure a fair amount of attorneys.

Edit to add: I really feel that LaVey is a man that needs to be heard and not just read, I really think it's important.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by Shadowflux]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Information on the dead man "Anton LeVay":
Blackwood666's blog

Myth 1. His name was actually Anton Szandor LaVey. “Anton Szandor LaVey” was not his birth name, in fact it was actually “Howard Stanton Levey”. [SOURCES: Birth certificate 4/11/1930, Cook County, Illinois. Confirmed by relatives.]

Myth 2. Anton LaVey and the people who follow his “philosophy” are the “real” Satanists, while the Satanic killers like the Mansons and the Night Stalker Killer are just the “nuts”. The truth is, LaVey prescribed rituals for Satanists that normal people would find crazy. For instance, a nude girl is used as an altar (Satanic Bible, Satanic Rituals). A human skull is used in Die Elektrischen Vorspiele ritual (Satanic Rituals, p. 109). A human leg bone or arm bone is used in Homage to Tchort ritual (p.137). A woman dressed as nun urinates before group into a bedpan in the Black Mass ritual (p.43). The urine is then sprinkled like holy water (p.44). A man climbs into coffin with nude woman (or nude man if he is gay) in Le Epais ritual (p.59). LaVey gives instructions for “turning into a werewolf” that include running around outside on all fours with a wolf mask (The Devil’s Notebook) .

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
More information on the dead man "Anton LeVay":

Blackwood666's blog

Myth 2. (continued)
LaVey claimed nuts were quickly given “the bum’s rush” when they tried to join his Church of Satan. That still didn’t stop two of the Masons (Susan Atkins and Bobby Beaseliel) and Richard “The Night Stalker ” Rameriez from joining. Satanist Patricia Hall was arrested for murder of an elderly man in Florida, and participated in the flogging and gang rape of a teenage girl. She claimed to have been baptized by LaVey himself, which he of course later denied. There have also been other thrill killers that have claimed to have been members of the Church of Satan, even though LaVey later deined it.

Even if they weren’t officially CoS members (most Satanist aren’t), it proves criminally minded, violent people are attracted to Satanism. Susan Atkins actually appeared with LaVey and a couple of other girls in a corny strip club act. She played a vampire, not surprising when you consider she licked the blood stained knife she killed Sharon Tate and her unborn child with. Bobby Beausoleil appeared in the movie by fellow Church of Satan member Kenneth Anger, Lucifer Rising. During the Tate/Labianca murders, Beausoleil told his terrified vicitms, “I’m the Devil, and I’m here to do the Devil’s business!” A fourth killer/cannibal, Stanley Baker, who actually ate his victims, was caught en route to meet LaVey. Would LaVey have given this 3rd person the heave ho? Maybe, Maybe not.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I am completely with Soldier of Darkness here, I am also a Joy of Satan Satanist, my believes have evolved over the last years but I keep it mainly to my self, I do not believe in evil or doing others harm or anything else such as that.

I believe Satanism came from the worship of Enki the Sumerian god and many stories from the bible are re-tellings of older stories from older religions, I respect, work and live around other religions and I try to give them new ideas but without trying to convert them to 'Satanism'.

I believe we should all listen to our self sometimes and the cosmic knowledge hidden inside our souls, I believe it to be one of the greatest sources of the truth you will ever find, we are all connected to the galaxy and we must listen to it.

I apologize is this sounds very new-age-esque.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Yet more information on the dead man "Anton LeVay":

Blackwood666's blog

Myth 2. (continued)

LaVey claimed that he too, and members of the Church of Satan, once dined on a human leg (Satan Wants You, also mentioned in The Church of Satan and The Secret Life of a Satanist). The leg was obtained (obviously illeagally) by a CO$ member who was a pathologist from a local hospital, at least according to LaVey. No LaVey family member has ever denied this event happened. The leg was prepared by Diane in Triple Sec with fried grub worms on the side, supposedly how they serve human flesh in New Guinea. The only participant who reportedly ate the worms was LaVey’s 3 year old daughter Zeena, and most members were to sqeemish to actually eat the leg meat. See the Occult Crime webpage and you’ll notice a disproportionate number of crimes commited by Satanists. There’s a reason for that, and it can’t be dismissed as “Satanic panic”.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
they just caught 3 people in Durham County NC, in a Satanic cult...I'll let you guys check out the article and see what u think.

www.wral.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Pellevoisin, I am asking you kindly to please take this drivel elsewhere, you are disrupting my thread, annoying me and I fear I may have to report you (the first time i've ever done that) if you do not stop.

I have spent significant time and effort on creating and maintaining this thread and I would not like to see it ruined by some one who is here solely to cause trouble.

If you do not agree with me, do not believe anything I have posted, or do not like Satanism then leave.

If you feel a burning desire to bash Satanism and prove that the whole thing is secret demon worship and leads only to murder and mayhem then please feel free to create your own thread as I did.

I will only ask you to leave once.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by notyavgkat

Please take your discussion of this topic to the proper thread, I have already debated this topic in it's original thread ad neaseum and I would like to keep this an informative thread on LaVeyan Satanism. I care not to discuss empty and incorrect accusations of "satanism" or "devil worshiping".

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Everything Pellevoisin is posting is in the link I provided. I am glad to see someone else can see through LaVeyanism....

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo

I believe we should all listen to our self sometimes and the cosmic knowledge hidden inside our souls, I believe it to be one of the greatest sources of the truth you will ever find, we are all connected to the galaxy and we must listen to it.

I couldn't agree more, and I must say that I've read more than one of your posts and I never got the impression you were a Satanist, you do hide it well.

I also agree with your statement regarding older religions. I believe it's quite apparent that much of the Judeo-Christian mythology and belief system has evolved from older myths and beliefs. I believe it was Abraham who was in fact a Sumerian, if you follow the lineage to Egypt we have the cult of Aten, which was monotheistic. Akenaten was banished for his attempt at creating a monotheistic Egypt which I feel correlates well to the Exodus. Although, this is an extremely short history, obviously.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Nebel

If you do not agree nor approve nor wish to learn then please feel free to leave.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Not everyone is going to agree with this topic. And those people that do not agree and happen to read this article will surely put there two cents in about it. This is the same stuff we can find on hundreds of other web pages through out the net, people presenting "truths" about one version of Satanism. And it always happens to be the truths about the LaVeyian brand. What about the truths about groups like The Order of the Nine Angels? Oh wait, I forgot ... LaVeyanism is the only "true" Satanism out there...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join