It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Satanism

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Pellevoisin

My point is that people of ALL faiths commit crimes. Blaming an entire sect or segment of people for the isolated acts of a few simply does not stand up to scrutiny. It is misleading and invalid.

Like hell it's misleading and invalid. There aren't that many satanists in the world and a hugely disproportionate number have been and are involved in crimes like school shootings, kidnapping, rape and murder who also happen to be satanists. Deal with it.

Also, you characterized the Beasts of Satan in Italy as little more than misguided youths. That's just rubbish. The Beasts of Satan were as much a denomination of Satanism as Anton LeVay's scam. The were a sterling example of mind-control, sadism plus satanic religion.

You and any other ex-Satanists or practicing satanists can howl all you like about those being a few isolated cases, but that's bunk. You can't whitewash this crap and think you can pull the wool over everyone's eyes.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by splendourinthegrass

Wow. Just wow. Care to talk about the number of deaths that two thousand years of Christianity has caused? I think you will find that the proportions are very one sided.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Wow. Just wow. Care to talk about the number of deaths that two thousand years of Christianity has caused? I think you will find that the proportions are very one sided.

Not in comparison to the number of believers. You're dead wrong.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   

If I am dead wrong, then please quote me sources that show how many Satanists there have been - versus the number of deaths that they have caused, as well as the same information for all denominations of Christianity.

Oh and please remember that we are talking about Satanists, and not simply media references to vague "satanic" themes.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Ah. I was beginning to realize that I was pouring water into a bottomless well anyway! I'll take your advice and stop replying! Thanks! I'll stay with the thread though. Their may be other people who pop up who are a bit more open to logical debate!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   

If I am dead wrong, then please quote me sources that show how many Satanists there have been - versus the number of deaths that they have caused, as well as the same information for all denominations of Christianity.

Oh and please remember that we are talking about Satanists, and not simply media references to vague "satanic" themes.

Do your own google homework. There have been billions of Christians. This is a no brainer.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Wonderful, your participation is more than appreciated. I have sent a letter to the staff regarding Pellevoisin as she has all but dared me to do it and has not respected any of my polite requests for her to refrain or leave.

*Erects a "Do not feed the psychic vampires." sign*

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Oh lord, if this is the path ATS is headed down I may be the one to leave.

7 pages of high quality thread filled with courteous, polite discussion with all who have come in and I receive my first ever penalty in four plus years for warning someone against feeding into those who wish to derail the discussion.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by Shadowflux]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

The fact is that, at the time the story of Job was originally being adapted into Jewish mythology from Sumerian fable (a very long time before it was written down, obviously), the Hebrews' god was just that -- a local, tribal deity, whose Covenant with his people could be expressed very simply: 'worship me exclusively and I will give you victory in battle'.

The Hebrews, down until at least the time of Solomon, did not conceive of Yahweh as the only god -- by no means. The Near East was absolutely lousy with gods -- Sumerian, Egyptian, Hittite, Assyrian, Akkadian, Persian, the list goes on and on -- and Yahweh and Satan were just two out of the multitude. In Hebraic tradition Yahweh was the strongest (after all, he was their Chosen Deity), but don't imagine from this that he was conceived of as the only one. He had plenty of competition. Still has.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I did not table the subject of statistical correlations, therefore you should be the one to provide statistical proof of your statements.

Further I feel the need to point out that I am not anti-Christian. I fear that I may have come across as such in my posts. My true personal philosphy is all about acceptance and understanding of everyones point of view, and of their right to have their own opinions and beliefs. That is the very reason that I entered into this thread. It seems politically correct in our society to go after anyone and everyone who we perceive as being different and I find this practice to be very unchristian, and illogical. Diversity is the strength of our species.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
i think its all dark matter

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Can you show me where Job was adapted from Sumerian myth?

I also beg to differ on the satan ever being a divinity in mesopotamia. The closest pagan analog there is to satan that I can think of is Nemesis and she's Greek.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
man that la vey was a smart hungarian cookie wasnt he, takin dark matter and naming it satan .... lol

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I guess it's fair to say that I was born a Satanist then, haha! Since, to me, it's more of a philosophy than a religion, and almost more of common sense than some kind of complicated philosophy, I can say I've pretty much agreed with the tenets and sins of Satanism my whole life and still do. I'm not a card carrying member or anything, I just agree with the ideas.

I learned this info somewhere around age 13 about Laveyan Satanism and it makes total sense to me. And even though we're warned against old ideas that have been repackaged, I think Satanism needs an image makeover haha. Or at least some PR. The name itself just has so many ridiculous negative connotations when it's really a positive or at least neutral philosophy. But people who are smart enough will see through the BS and lies and people who aren't smart enough to do that wouldn't find themselves in good company anyway.

Great thread!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yahweh has competition, but .. it isnt true competition, in a sense he has the game rigged. Yahweh created the other deities, according to the Hebrew and Christian tradition anyway. Even many Satanist sects claim this, and state Satan was indeed created by Yahweh but rebelled against Yahweh because Yahweh was .. _insert bad thing here_ . Yahweh was evil, cruel, mean, whatever it was .. Lucifer did teh right thing man! Thats what some of them say.

Others state that Yahweh is Satan, and that Satan is Yahweh, and that Satan has confused people to write down that he is actually Yahweh, when in reality he is Satan, and to demonize his opponent Yahweh by having him written down as Satan via deception of the scholars and saints.

Whooooooa..

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

. There aren't that many satanists in the world

Well, if we follow the definition of "satanism" as described by the bible, we see it isn't an actual religion, it's just a frame of mind that is in opposition to the teachings of the prophets, God and Jesus. In this fashion, you can be satanistic one moment, and pure as driven snow the next, by simply changing your mindset. How this works is best illustrated by the following:

I witnessed a conversation between 2 individuals regarding some less than scruplous activity. It was in popular press that this was a particularly aggregious problem and one which the christian church in times past, had been accused of doing to the dismay of modern sensibilities. Everyone agreed it was improper behavior and reprehensible.

Meanwhile, 1 of the individuals, who had identified himself as a satanist said, the cool thing was he could do the same aggregious thing and not feel a pang of guilt about it because he wasn't restricted by ANY laws but his own. He made his own morality, his own guidelines. But he definitely didn't like it when the church did it. He would be certain to complain from here till doomsday about it. At this point, the second individual said: That was probably the most hypocritical thing I have ever heard. I love it!!

We find this individual has two things warring in his mind: the recognition of evil and how it should be stopped, but an unwillingness to recognize this same evil action as bad, in himself. he refuses to confine himself to the same degree as the church does or did, by rules he couldn't or wouldn't follow in the event of necessity (survival of the fittest), greed, lust, and so on. His real protest was therefore, based on his desire to see everyone return to doing whatever they want, in their own names and for no better reason than they want to. And the reason he feels that way, is he doesn't want to deal with what someone else wants, unless he wants to.

Sadly, this is exactly why the planet is a mess. Lots of people doing whatever they want because they want to.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Enki is a satan template. He's the serpent in the garden. He convinces Adapa not to take the food and water of life, destroying his chances to gain immortality of the gods. He's called the tricky god and the crafty god. He teaches humans the secrets of the gods ( how-to guides for farming, pottery making, masonry, herbs, weaving, blacksmithing, weaponry, cosmetics, art, limited astronomy, music, and the crafting of musical instruments, how to worship, mostly labor intensive and not much in the way of scholarship). He took the uncivilized humans and taught them limited, low-tech civilization.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by undo]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Not trying to convert anyone? You started this thread. You copy and paste material from a site about a religion you follow, advising people to visit links and learn more about the '"truths".

No, I did not read the entire thread, but read most of your posts. I've already visited that site and read about this church. You see, you immediately think I didn't read your ramblings, because after doing so, I did not conform to your ideas and offer respect for what you believe. You can't tell people who don't share your ideas to buzz off. I thought you were well aware of the attacks you might receive, afterall, your thread is all about why people misunderstand (what you refer to as true) satanism. Make up your mind.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
While I think that there probably is a rather lot of misconception surrounding Satanism, posting the "commandments" certainly doesn't make me any more tolerant of them, than I was already. It's a "religeon" that promotes some of the less civilized mannerism of humans imo, and very self-serving. I can't take any religeon seriously that, as a prime commandent, includes the words "destroy them." I can't decide if I think that's immature or cruel. This is a very merciless religeon. It even directly says so. No mercy. Reminds me of the fellow from Karate Kid.. "Mercy is for the weak!"

So while all this may be quite true, I don't feel any less ill-disposed towards those that practice this or use this as their prime ideology.

On a side-note, I found it interesting that Colonel Aquino was the founder of the Temple of Set via this thread (caused me to post in another once I researched it). I served in the Army at the Presidio during the period in which he was investigated for Pedophile charges. As one of the soliders tasked with hanging out in bushes for a couple of weeks, trying to catch the person who was setting the daycare buildings on fire during this period, I heard a fair bit about the case. I had to respond in that other thread, since people act as if some wild conspiracy theorists were making up stories to get this guy in trouble, which just wasn't the case.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by fleabit]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join