It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Baby Launch Video Lands Teen Behind Bars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
If that were my child I would be in jail as well, because those little bastards would probably end up being a bloody smear on a wall somewhere. This makes me so incredibly angry I don't even know what to do.... when I opened the thread I half expected it to be some childish prank gone wrong.... I just can't believe anyone would do that. Those little freaks should just be executed, someone at that age that could harm a child so easily without giving it a second thought need to be removed from our populace and executed. Preferably, the execution should involve both of them being launched off of a building. It's not your fault OP, you are just trying to inform us of some wrong doings, but I'm almost mad at you for posting this. I feel like I need to go boil my skin to get the filth of that video off of me.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
To Osiris1953,

I am sorry. Actually it took me some time to think before posting this. I almost didn't. I just felt the need to inform people about this. I kept checking ATS to see if anyone posted this and hoping they would post before me lol.

I am very sickened and saddened by this. I dont know what is wrong with the world today.

When I watched the video, I didn't believe it and still don't. I was thinking, yeah this is an hoax.

Again, Im sorry. Just felt it was important.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Deaf Alien]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Like I said it's not your fault. I don't know, I'm just irritated right now, I'll try to discuss more calmly after I come home from work. I have ten hours ahead of me, wish me luck.

link   
Wow...by a few of the inhumane responses on this thread that are in a way almost defending the kid that did this I would have to guess some posters don't have kids themselves.

If that was my baby and someone did that to her I would not hesitate to beat that person to within and inch of life. While he may be a teenager that is no excuse. There are plenty of teens that kill and harm others. He is old enough to know right from wrong and to judge what would be harmful to a baby. He obviously has no respect for a small life. After the baby does a flip and lands on its head he just lets it sit there and cry.

As for the guy videotaping it.....he should be behind bars too. Both of these kids should have serious consequences as a result of this.

I am saddened and sickened that people will let this happen, or even leave a baby in the care of such derelicts. Having baby's and caring for them is not a game. If you are not mature enough to have one you should not be put in charge of watching one either.

I am pissed....I hope the judge throws the book at these 2 and the parent that left the baby with them.

[edit on 7/3/08 by Vasa Croe]

link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Wow, somebody needs a death note asap!

But in all seriousness, I just don't know what to say about these kids, if I saw these kids do that, I would launch them through the window, see if they survive that or not.

Cruelty to babies or animals makes me VERY anrgy. I just don't understand how people can hurt beings with such innocence.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

I have to say, I agree with you, even though you and I are two very peaceful people. Yes, execution would be a little over the top but if I had to be honest, I do not think I would be able to control myself had that been my son.

I agree with you again: I'm not mad at the O.P. one iota but this is something I would have done better to never even see or hear about. Usually I pass right over threads where the title implies child cruelty in any way so I don't know why I didn't walk away from this one.

And before anyone tells me that execution is way over the top, I do agree to an extent. But holy moley. Those bastards obviously had no regard for that baby's life or safety. It is not a doll or a toy- that is a miniature human life and those parents were entrusting their most valuable 'possession' to that guy. I'm not saying I am for the death penalty in this case- I'm just saying had I been that mother, you'd be seeing me on the news because I would have killed them both in a fit of rage, whether or not I regretted my actions later.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
I hope the judge throws the book at these 2 and the parent that left the baby with them.

Hey. I was thinking the exact same thing too at first (about the parents). The first thought that crossed my mind was 'Where are the parents!?!' I assumed it was maybe an older teenage son. However, the video stated the boys in the video had good reputations and had never been in trouble before so I do believe the parents are the victim in this case as well. It's not like they put their child in the hands of a known hooligan while they went out and partied.

So, I don't believe blaming the parents in this case is fair but I will say stories like this are why I have never let anyone babysit my son except for my mother and my mother in law. Not even my 18 year old step son has ever been allowed to watch my son.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanzibar

What are you talking about? Babies bounce? That has got to be one of the more ignorant statements made on ATS. You do realize that babies are rather fragile do you not? Their heads are a large amount of their weight (possible neck injury leading to paralysis), their heads have soft spots on them where you can practically push through to the brain (possible brain damage). Also I am going to assume you have never heard of or are not thinking of “shaken baby syndrome”? They can be given that for I believe the first few years of a child’s life.

They said the child was alright but that does not make it okay. Babies can be hurt very easily their head is not proportioned the best for their body making neck and head injuries a fear in this sort of thing. Their heads have soft spots on them one for around their first year. I think this baby should be watched pretty carefully for at least the next month because of this. Not to mention the fact that there still might have been a slight brain contusion that could cause learning issues down the road.

And yes the baby was launched and did fly. The baby went at least 1 ½-2 feet into the air and landed at least 3-4 feet away. I don’t know about you but where I come from that would be considered launching and flying. Sure it was not like a bird flight but come one it was a baby. If not launching and flying what are you going to call it?

Seeing the video played on the news (CNN) yesterday all I can say is that the teen should not be allowed around children. He is a hazard to kids and himself. The baby certainly was not having fun or any enjoyment. While the teen might not have meant any true harm (though I wonder about much of the youth today) he showed complete lack of intelligence or care in his actions. This teen obviously needs to be taught how to respect life and those around him.

Raist

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
What makes it more amazing is that after they did it they edited and POSTED the video. Sounds like they were way out of touch with reality. Did they honestly have no clue that posting that video would show that a crime was committed?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It just doesn't make sense. I have never wanted to hurt anyone, not even animals. Those kids must have been on drugs.

It makes me wonder HOW MANY children are being hurt today that we don't know about. Those kids just happened to post the video on youtube. It makes me wonder a lot.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Yeah your right, not the parents fault, you would expect a 16 year old son would be mature enough to look after his baby bro/sis.

But I do worry about the parents? Sometimes cases like this make you wonder what the parents are like too.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

I really think that people are losing their common sense. I mean look at the “pranks” normally played 50, 30, or even 10 years ago. Yeah some bad things still happened but they were not nearly as common as they are today. Today people seem to have a centering about themselves and only their needs and desires. This seems to be most prevalent in many of the youth, but they are getting it from watching uncaring parents and society in general is my guess.

What can be done about this? I have only one guess but it is not a very popular one on this board most of the time. I also know that even though it would not make me a better person or solve anything if I seen that some punk did this to my son I would kick his teeth down his throat. Then I would help him up and send him on his way.

Raist

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Yeah your right, not the parents fault, you would expect a 16 year old son would be mature enough to look after his baby bro/sis.

Neither of the teenagers appears to be related to the baby. The news video said the baby was left in the care of the family of the boy that filmed it.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
But I do worry about the parents? Sometimes cases like this make you wonder what the parents are like too.

Yes, I am curious too. Unfortunately, this news story is not the first of its kind. Years ago there was a story of a male babysitter who raped an infant baby girl to death and a few years ago there was a story where two teenage male babysitters practiced moves on an infant they saw on some wrestling show, resulting in the baby's death.

I really do not want to turn this into a gender war but after hearing stories like that for so long, I personally would not want a male babysitter- especially a teenager. Even the good ones don't always realize how rough they are or how fragile babies are. Again, not trying to offend any male members here because there have been horror stories dealing with female nannies and babysitters as well but I am more prone to trust a female with a baby than a male.

Even watching my two older step children with my son is a good example. My step daughter treats him like a little egg shell while my step son plays more 'rough' with him and I have had to put a stop to it before. It just seems the females are more aware of the baby's situation. A typical example in my home will be when my step daughter will be tickling my son and she will pause so he can catch his breath but my step son will just keep tickling my son so I have to tell him to stop so he can breathe (even when my four year old is begging him to continue). Or she will hold him gently while my step son holds him like a sack of potatoes. Just an observation and I hope it doesn't offend anyone.

Still, I do not think it is the parent's fault in this case going by what the video told us but it would be nice to know more about this story. It was like they told us all the horrible parts to shock the heck out of us and to get us sick to our stomachs but then that was it.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Oh my mistake.

Looks like people have to be careful who they let babysit their baby.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Yeah boys can be rough, but like you said girls can be very rough too, trust me I have seen some CRAZY girls, who would not hesitate to bully a 5 year old for example.

By the way you can trust me
for some reason kids love me, I can't figure out why. Also it's them that attack me lol, they don't leave me alone. haha

And yes your right we need more info, who wants to know about something like this without more info?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

You're probably a lot like my brother then. When we were growing up, our phone rang off the wall with parents wanting him to babysit. If he was unavailable, they used me as a last resort.
He is awesome with children and was never careless or rough with them. I can certainly see you being just like that!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I think kids can sense a lot about adults, if you seem like a very serious person they get nervous around you, but if you seem easy going or funny, It's almost like they accept you as one of their own lol.

And yes you could say I have kind of unofficially had to babysit kids a few times lol. That's what you get for having little half sisters and brother with lots of friends.
haha

Lets hope this baby has good parents and that this incident will be long forgotten by the time the baby grows up.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
First impression before reading through thread...

I thought this was going to be another case of the media and/or the police blowing something way out of proportion. Somehow I expected the baby to be landing on something soft. I remember being tossed around when I was a little kid. For example, there was a little see-saw that would launch me onto a bed.

But this is twisted. The baby is launched across the room only to land on the floor.

How can the child be left in the care of someone so irresponsible?

What does this say about our society that this person felt such a strong need to be a YouTube "comedian" at the expense of, and with total disregard for the baby?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Did anyone notice the fireplace? The baby was within inches of the bricks. The baby could have been severely injured or killed.

I'll admit that this makes me want to cry. I am a father myself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join