It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Baby Launch Video Lands Teen Behind Bars

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Shocking Baby Launch Video Lands Teen Behind Bars

www.foxnews.com

LEESBURG, Ga. — A Georgia teen is facing child cruelty charges after an online video showed a young man launching a baby several feet across a room using an inflatable pillow.

The video posted on YouTube shows the boy putting a baby on one side of a large yellow pillow and then jumping on the pillow, sending the child flying several feet across the floor, where the baby lands and cries.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Well, I dont know what to say. The youtube video speaks for itself. I find myself saddened by things like this.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Not much to add since we can't view the video anymore.
They didn't say if the baby was hurt or even what the relationship was to the kid jumping on the pillow.

you know, the important info.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Okay here's the youtube video.

The baby is okay for now.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ObamaMomma

Even if the video worked why would you want to see such B.S. I am glad you don't get to see it you twisted fool.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Disgusting, I was a bit annoyed that they kept repeating the baby flying in the air, but then they said it was originally in the video like that, SICK. What's even more sick is the fact they post it online for entertainment, and what's even more sick is how many times did they do that BEFORE doing it on video? and what else have they done?

Sick.

I'm just happy the baby isn't older, because if it was older it would remember this.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Me too. I was so disgusted by the news already. Repeating that part in the video made it worse for me. I feel really sorry for that baby.

I hope that boy gets what he deserve.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 38181

By seeing the video you can form a better response to it, it's not sick and twisted. The description from Fox for instance, is misleading. They use powerful words such as 'launched' and 'flying' to make it seem worse than it is. If you watch the video, you'll see why it wasn't a nice thing to do, the baby was not launched and certainly didn't fly.

Seeing it, it was a stupid thing for the boy to do, but babies can take alot more than that and walk (well, crawl) away from it. I'm in no way condoning it but hasn't anyone realised that babies kind of, well, bounce?

The guy got what he deserved though, babies aren't toys and shouldn't be treated as such.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
These actions make me want to act uncivilized and destroy the human that did this tremendous display of stupidity. This also reminds me of this:

Mother microwaves baby to death

Arggggggg!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 38181
reply to post by ObamaMomma

Even if the video worked why would you want to see such B.S. I am glad you don't get to see it you twisted fool.

Wanted to see it t make sure it wasn't being hyped up and it turned out to be something innocent.
CLEARLY in this case it was a stupid thing to do to that poor baby.
Letting it land on the bare carpet like that.
They have absolutely no respect for human life. They see that baby as a doll not a human being. I bet they wouldn't even do that to a cat or a dog.

I sure hope that teen is not the parent. I wished they would interview the parents and their reaction.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jamiros

This reminds me, when I used to go to school, one of the kids mom was in the newspaper for microwaving a kitten to death!?

Anyway I just don't understand some people.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jamiros

With all due respect, I hardly think that's a fair comparison. Did this boy act with caution and maturity? Of course not. However, I think it's a far stretch to claim the boy wished harm upon the infant.

Regards,

Jono

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I literally teared up while watching that. Babies are so fragile and precious. What was that moron thinking?! If that was my child... watch out. Then those jerks laugh while the baby is on the floor crying? The poor little guy kept trying to get off the pillow but the *bleep* was holding the baby by the arms.

Please keep us updated concerning the status of the baby. The video ended by telling us nothing was known- and that is what I am the most concerned about. That video is definitely something you cannot 'unsee.' I really want to know if the baby is okay. Those newscasters were almost cruel not to tell us. Obviously that is what many viewers would be most concerned about and it wouldn't have been that hard for them to find out the status for their report.

I truly hope the baby is alright and that they throw the book at those two idiots.

Edited for typos. Can't type when I am upset. Damn those two kids.

[edit on 7/3/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jono
reply to post by jamiros

With all due respect, I hardly think that's a fair comparison. Did this boy act with caution and maturity? Of course not. However, I think it's a far stretch to claim the boy wished harm upon the infant.

Regards,

Jono

that may be true, but do we know how many times they did this before recording it? and what else they have done!?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

reply to post by jamiros

Well, what was the boy thinking when he did this? Was he thinking, "Hmm, will the baby be hurt if I try this?"

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

this is becoming more common these days (abuse to babies and under age kids)

whats the country and world coming to?

we have kids being thrown accross the room, beaten, starved for days, burned and even thrown down garbage shoots and other hidious crimes.

some people should not be able to consieve at all.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
...but babies can take alot more than that and walk (well, crawl) away from it. I'm in no way condoning it but hasn't anyone realised that babies kind of, well, bounce?

Hey there. I have to disagree with this. Toddlers are practically made of rubber, yes, but babies like in the video are very, very fragile and need to be treated like egg shells. I'm a mother of a four year old but I remember when he was the age of the baby in the video. Their arms and legs are like toothpicks and the soft spot in the skull has not fully closed. You really have to be careful to not even bounce them on your knee because of shaken baby syndrome.

What those kids did to the baby could have killed him or her, broken bones, or caused irreversible brain damage.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I completely agree with you Phoenix, I just take issue with someone wishing death upon the moron that did this. I truly hope this boy is punished for his misdeeds, but I hardly think wishing death upon him is fair.

Best regards,

Jono

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanzibar

Babies can take a lot, but if by chance they end up with spinal damage because they land wrong that is a big problem. Sheesh there are kids that were shaken and survived and can't walk, talk, feed themselves etc...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I completely agree with you Phoenix, I just take issue with someone wishing death upon the moron that did this. I truly hope this boy is punished for his misdeeds, but I hardly think wishing death upon him is fair.

Best regards,

Jono

I agree, I see detailed death wishes on a lot of threads like this lol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join