It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Shows Cop Choking Marijuana Suspect Unconscious

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Yet another example of why Marijuana should not be classified in the same category as Meth, Coke, Heroin, etc.

They found a small amount in his car, so I'd bet he had NONE in his mouth while being choked. If he were attempting to destroy the evidence, he'd have consumed the small amount in his car.

Oh, and for the poster who said take him to the hostpital, pump it, bag it and charge him... they can't. The most severe charge they could lay in that case is public intox. This would be the same as arresting someone for failing a drug test.

My official stance, is that the guy should have just come clean about the small amount in his car, taken the wrap like a man, and been done with it. Whether it's right or wrong is irrelevant, it's still illegal (and I'm the biggest proponent of pot you'll find on this board (I'm a legal, registered, medicinal user)).

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
Oh, and for the poster who said take him to the hostpital, pump it, bag it and charge him... they can't. The most severe charge they could lay in that case is public intox. This would be the same as arresting someone for failing a drug test.

Actually unit thats wrong. He can be charged with destruction of evidence, posession (since its on his person), and obstruction of justice. The public intox wouldn't fly because that would require us to test his blood or breath for the substance...but we can't wait that long or the idiot will die or digest the evidence.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

I seriously hope you don't think he could die from eating weed. I wont argue this till i'm sure that's what your implying . But please say that its not so..

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Ohh this guy only got choked...

Tell him to come to my hood and let the police catch him...

There was this one kid that got busted for selling crack or something... Anyway... They got him to the police station the police choked his ass to death cause supposedly he had some drugs in his mouth.. So they choked him to make him release it and cough it up.. Unfortunately he didnt have anything in his mouth so it more along the lines of the cops being stupid idiots than doing their jobs.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
Anyone who knowns me here, knows that I'm not a big fan of the police, but I don't really see this as a case of outright abuse at all. This is a standard technique. It doesn't look like the officer was doing this as a punitive measure or intended to have the suspect pass out. You want a "war on drugs," this is what you get, and a lot worse.

Now if you want to argue that the police shouldn't be bothering with drug arrests, I would agree. But it appears that with the laws as they stand right now, this officer was only doing his job.

When the world is free again, those who tried to use the Nuremberg defense will be held accountable for their actions. Humanity as a whole not only bears the responsibility of upholding just laws, striking down those that are unjust.

The " I was just following orders" crock will be useless when the masses no longer fear the badge.

/sparks a spliff
//grills some bacon

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
anyone who reads reports can tell the truth

the truth is the war on drugs is a farce to supply money to the evil groups

if the govt was smart they would legalize drugs then invest a 1/10 of their budget on the war on drugs toward safening drugs and improving them and adding them to legislation and control them like alcohol and tobbacco and wed all be doing great....as long as they keep up the war on drugs its just a war on us

its a proven fact that countries with strict drug laws have the highest abuse rates

legalize it

places where weeds legal has less then a 10 percent weed abuse rate
here in the us its in the 40 percent range

use the drug war money to better drugs regulate it and invest more money into TRUE knowledge of drugs not just the propaganda b.s. we are forced upon now

it would end almost all crime and even offer the world a new economy
there would still be murder theft rape, but what money would there be to launder what conspiracys would there be other then the oil game then?

and with police not worrying about the guys smoking and snorting and shooting theyd have more time to address the true criminals

AND we'd get ALOT of our freedom back

we could go back to having civillians and police officers on the same side again

hemp can do alot.. and further research into psylocybin acid even coc aine and heroin could prove medically valuable. all these drugs in the begining were developed for their medical use anyways

realistically speaking cokes no worse then all the pharmacuetical drugs
a large part of the reason those drugs are so dangerous is because of what they are cut with..if we make those pharmacuticals and regulate those things like alcohol and tobbaco and prescriptions well then we solve alot of problems

obviously drugs are dangerous but so is alcohol coffee and ciggarrettes
but those people arent being thrown in jail

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
WOW!! How many of you posting your replies are familiar with Tennessee law? Public Intoxication WILL fly if the police feel you are under the influence of any illegal (or even legal, as in the case of huffing) substance. If you want cops to stop screwing with the pot users, talk to your state representatives. As long as there are laws in regard to various issues, the police have the obligation of enforcing them. It is that simple. Yes, there are bad cops (as in any profession, there are bad apples), but there are plenty fo GOOD cops who are in the business of PROTECTING AND SERVING.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
One thing to point out is the police officer sayd he smelled pot anf thats why he pulled him over. Now i believe that The officer wouldnt be able to say he definetly knows it was pot and that it was coming from that car.

I believe that This should be the main Point brought up in coart when suing the department for harrassment. cant just say i think that smell is pot and act on it. Even if they see the pot they have to have it tested to be sure.

The officer had no right choking the suspect. The fact is he cant say he thought that the suspect may harm himself by swallowing pot, And he cant say he thought it was a more dangerous drug Because he already claimed he smelled pot. If it was me and the cop said i pulled you over because i smell pot, i would have told him a just passed gas he must be mistaken

Think about it, This cop endangered this mans life by choling him. over what, a little bit of pot that is just a ticket at the most. How insane is that.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

so basically your saying the cops training has made him stupid because he doesn't see pot he seed evidence.

Basically, yes. Training trumps common sense everyday in the field. There are millions of examples.

Obviously he sure wasn't thinking about what his boss ( any citizen) would think if the film were seen.

Not for a split-second. He was doing his job, and I'm sure his boss had no problem with it. And certainly not "any citizen" would be outraged. Look at all of the people who have come out against the victim and in favor of the police in far more serious cases and clearer examples of police abuse.

This is one of MANY standard echniques applied every single night on our streets. If you are shocked or offended by this, then you are naieve.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by IconoclasticTalamasca

When the world is free again, those who tried to use the Nuremberg defense will be held accountable for their actions.

I certainly hope so.

The " I was just following orders" crock will be useless when the masses no longer fear the badge.

The perceived lack of fear fuels the rampant abuses and tyrannical policies we see today. Instilling fear is the name of the game these days, from Homeland Security to your local Barney Fife.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by russ1969

cant just say i think that smell is pot and act on it.

They most certainly can. Probable cause. If a dog smells drugs, they can literally destroy your vehicle by the side of the road looking for it, and even if they don't find anything, there isn't a damn thing you can do about it.

If it was me and the cop said i pulled you over because i smell pot, i would have told him a just passed gas he must be mistaken

You laugh, but it's not a joke. You would be taught the meaning of fear if you decided to be a wise-ass and chose to resist.

Think about it, This cop endangered this mans life by choling him. over what, a little bit of pot that is just a ticket at the most. How insane is that.

I've gotten a lot worse for far less.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

The officer doesn't see it as the kid trying to swallow a little pot. The officer is trained to prevent a suspect from destroying evidence, to start with. So the cop doesn't see "pot" he only sees "evidence."

Secondly, even when his mind does register "drugs" he still isn't thinking a bit of "harmless" pot. His training kicks in and tells him that the kid might die if he swallows drugs, period. Training trumps common sense once again. We know that swallowing some pot doesn't kill, but that thought never crosses the officer's mind.

I have heard several people defend the police by saying
"they are not mindless puppets"

if thats not mindless mind programming then just what is?
this "Programing" is DANGEROUS.
turn police men and soldiers into mindless robots,,,
the N.W.O strikes again......

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Acid does not at all belong on the horror list, no one has ever died from '___', I do think it should be used supervised by some sort of 'trip guide" but real acid is unaddicting, actually has reverse tolerance, you can't do it too often it wont work... and has tremendous mind expanding properties...

No one ever died from '___'? What world do you live in? Just one example: my cousin and the high school principle's daughter did acid together and skipped school one day, they both had a bad trip, the principle's daughter shot herself in the chest and died instantly, she was trying to stop the trip she was on. My cousin locked herself in a closet and ripped the skin off her face and arms and legs thinking bugs were all over her, that was 36 years ago. She has remained in a mental institution where to this day she trips balls 24 hours a day. She never came down. They did one and a half hits of acid each. This was 'real acid' as you put it.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75

Now would I do that move for some moron who swallows weed like this guy did...no. Weed won't kill him. Instead take this moron to the hospital, get a warrant, and watch the docs and nurses pump him dry...and see his sorry little --- whine the whole time. Then when the weed comes up, bag it, tag it, THEN cuff him and send him off to jail.

why is he a moron for smoking weed? are you not a moron for not smoking it?
and why should he go to jail ? becouse he smokes pot ? does he force you to smoke it? or do you force him not to smoke it? and why should he be pumped for weed? are you crazy? are you a repeater as i like to call people like you?
Time and justice will come to all of you who do harm to earth children and earths plants .regardless if you smoke or not -it all depends on your tolerability of something you dont know.And i think people like you should be cuffed and taken to jail because you cant leave us ordinary pot smokers alone who enjoy that holy plant . What is holy to you? your cuffs and your gun -or maybe your badge? Are you a pumped up Marine with blond short hair who didnt kill no one in Iraq so you became a police officer? or maybe just an old man who thinks that pot is evil . i dont know man i can only leave you with this quote: "Teach God's truth. Warn your congregation that the war on marijuana is unchristian and must be ended. My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge; because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you will be no priest to Me … for I desired mercy and not sacrifice. (Hosea 4:6, 6:6)

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

i also notice that you are a sadist ,you enjoy seeing little kids cry because you "the man" has arrested him .I hope all of you who bust kids for weed will answer to a higher power sooner or later .It will probably still forgive you for it is nothing but love. You have done your good deeds im sure but i still hope you get some sort of punishmet for the abuses you have made on people who smoke a plant that is older than mankind itself...like bill hicks said: how do you make nature against the law? isnt that unnatural? and thats what you are to me
a un-natural half human-half reptilian .... go to your human side -its much warmer there !

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
This is really sad.

I understand he was guilty of smoking

no he wasnt guilty of smoking -if he didnt destroy any property or harm anyone while doing so .Marijuana was legal in the us if you didnt know. thats not the point ,point is the legal system and its slaves that blindly follow it . should i be guilty for smoking a cigarette or having a cup of coffe -hey i saw it from my parents man . they dont smoke pot though -for that matter they are just like this cop who thinks all smokers should be killed or made to cry .

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

First of all, the cop isnt trained to identify drugs by smell. The dog is. And if a dog ripped my car apart looking for drugs and didnt find any, than they would have to pay for any damages done.

Any good lawyer would rip this case apart in court. And from what i read in the op, They are inverstigating it because he was wrong in his actions.

And me telling the cop i just passed gas is not resisting, If he doesnt like that statemenet thats his problem. And if he chooses to harass me over it then thats his choice but he will have to contend with reprecussions of it.

And you dont have to tell me about how bad cops can be, I grew up in los angeles during daryl gates being the chief of police. I know how bad cops can be. Been there done that.

But we are here to discuss this case and if the officer was wrong in his actions. And in my opinion. he was most definetly wrong and should be punished accordingly.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by russ1969

First of all, the cop isnt trained to identify drugs by smell.

They certainly are.

The dog is.

In less obvious circumstances, when the odor is not readily apparrent.

And if a dog ripped my car apart looking for drugs and didnt find any, than they would have to pay for any damages done.

When was the last time you ever heard of anyone being reimbursed for the police tearing their car apart, or their house apart for that matter? It doesn't happen. You won't get a dime, I hope you think about that.

And from what i read in the op, They are inverstigating it because he was wrong in his actions.

They are investigating to appease the public. My guess is that the kid was politically "connected" somehow, that's the only reason we're hearing about it and that the appearance of "something being done" is out there. It'll all go away soon, and the cop will continue to do the job as he always has. Except maybe not in front of the camera next time.

And me telling the cop i just passed gas is not resisting, If he doesnt like that statemenet thats his problem. And if he chooses to harass me over it then thats his choice but he will have to contend with reprecussions of it.

Like the cops who beat me, kicked me in the head, stomped on my back, and tased me ten times, for telling them that I wasn't afraid of being arrested?

EDIT to add links...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But we are here to discuss this case and if the officer was wrong in his actions. And in my opinion. he was most definetly wrong and should be punished accordingly.

The cop was not wrong at all. The laws may be wrong, if you want to argue that. But the cop didn't do anything illegal or out of the ordinary. In fact, he did exactly what he was trained to do. Hate the game not the player.

[edit on 7/4/0808 by jackinthebox]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join