It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Shows Cop Choking Marijuana Suspect Unconscious

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

The cop was not wrong at all. The laws may be wrong, if you want to argue that. But the cop didn't do anything illegal or out of the ordinary. In fact, he did exactly what he was trained to do. Hate the game not the player.

[edit on 7/4/0808 by jackinthebox]

The laws are not alive and some of them dont have a human soul at all .The cop could have asked the kid if he just swallowed weed or something else.If u have to shake him a bit and yell at him thats fine.and thats it man ,none of this nonsense where he just followed the law ,i mean how frank we got to be here man? you are a cop and you are here to represent the true nature of humanity instead you turn your back to it and lie to it like BIG TIME.Me and my two friends where just walking in this apartment complex where i came to pick up my car...this cop car pulls up ,with their shiny bright light at us ,the guy says from the windows ,did you open any doorhandles? im just walking man ,they came out started asking my friends their info . doing a whole routine on us and asking us why we sweat? and they have a bullet proof west and they dont sweet. Well its maybe becouse we are outside and you in the a/c car you.... but hey shut your mouth and keep walking just like he said . and furtehrmore i m left speechless and full of spite and grotesque looks.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nocty

The cop could have asked the kid if he just swallowed weed or something else.

That's not what cops do. "Hey man, is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?" Come on.

It's the cop's job to do what he did, wether you like it or not. Illegal drugs are illegal drugs, wether or not you agree with them being illegal. (Point of fact, I am against drug laws.) And aside from that, the kid was swallowing evidence. He could have been swallowing a love note from Suzie, but if it was evidence of a crime, the cop still had the right to choke the evidence out of the kid.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Jackinthebox,

Here is a more complete account of what happened.www.freerepublic.com...

Note what it says about they didnt find any drugs in his mouth and he passed a drug test the next day.

Yes they found pot in the car and he was charged. The judge reviewed the tape and afterwards he through out every case involving this cop. Saying he was not welcome in his coartroom ever again.

The fact is the cop was wrong and if you believe otherwise than maybe you should review constitutional rights and how you are protected by them.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
yes of course he is wrong-he didn't have a gun, thats a totaly different matter and you cant compare that.so again there is no training in the world for every situation that occurs outside of the calss room or training room ,you have to be human in that situation.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by russ1969

Note what it says about they didnt find any drugs in his mouth and he passed a drug test the next day.

Now THIS makes all the difference as far as I'm concerned. I asked if anyone knew about this earlier in the thread.

It seemed to me that this thread had been invaded by a bunch of pot-heads who weren't so concerned with true police brutality, as they were with a fellow pot-head having a run-in with the law.

The fact that the kid DID NOT have any drugs in his mouth is the only relevant point I have seen here, and with that I agree that the officer was way out of line and should indeed be held accountable.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nocty

so again there is no training in the world for every situation that occurs outside of the calss room or training room ,you have to be human in that situation.

Well, for sake of argument now, let's say the kid was actually trying to swallow his blunt. You try to swallow evidence, you get choked. It's pretty simple really, and perfectly legal.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nocty

Here's a hypothetical for you. Officer suspects person of having information about a terrorist attack on a piece of paper. Person appears to be swallowing something. Can the officer choke him to get the paper?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by nocty

Here's a hypothetical for you. Officer suspects person of having information about a terrorist attack on a piece of paper. Person appears to be swallowing something. Can the officer choke him to get the paper?

Yes he could because that information threatens the lives of many people while him swallowing a baggie or a blunt threatens only his digestive system a little bit. Most cops a robots admit it!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join