It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Shows Cop Choking Marijuana Suspect Unconscious

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

For all intents and purposes, I think we are already there, I'm sad and embittered to say. After all, What freedom do you have that can not be infringed or taken away arbitrarily?

That freedom which we refuse to give up, that freedom which we believe so much in we are willing to die for it. Freedom can never be granted, it can only be given away as freedom is our natural state upon birth.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Freedom can never be granted, it can only be given away as freedom is our natural state upon birth.

This is true, but most people are not aware of all the freedoms they have given up legally, from the time their mother signed their birth certificate, through the time you turned eighteen, to the time you got your first credit card, to the time you first showed up in traffic court, paid your taxes, got your drivers license, registered for Selective Service, etc., etc.

We no longer have the right to claim Constitutional rights in a court of law. We can claim civil rights, but though similar in appearance, they are not really the same at all.

[edit on 7/2/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

They can pass what they want and make me sign what they want but I am still a free man based solely on the fact that I am a natural born human and all humans are free. I will always think for myself and speak what I believe. In the end, when I'm dead, I will be free of all governments.

You can not be subjugated until the day you voluntarily kneel before them. They can beat you, lock you up, even kill you, but they will never own you.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Prison, beatings, etc., is NOT freedom, even if you want to play Kunta Kinte or Braveheart.

I do see your point though, in that people must become more aware of their rights and their responsibility for them.

Not trying to pick a fight either, I get the notion that we are just about on the same page here.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I'd say we're completely on the same page, just that you're using a more tangible concept of freedom and I'm using a loftier philosophical concept.

I certainly don't want to be locked up and beaten anymore than you do, I just meant that you are a free man no matter what and they will never own your heart or soul no matter what they do to your body.

And you're exactly on the money with me thinking people need to take responsibility for their own freedoms. It's YOUR freedom so YOU must defend it. If you care so little for your freedoms that you won't defend them then you deserve to have them taken away.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Shadowflux]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The technique used may SEEM drastic, but its not. It HAS saved lives before. My beat partner and I 3 years ago arrested a guy for selling heroin. When I tried to cuff him he grabbed the 4 baggies and tried to swallow the evidence. My partner did this same thing, preventing him from 1. swallowing the evidence, and 2. saving his life. That amount of heroin would of killed him in less then 5 minutes. So don't get all freedom this, abuse that, power hungry, etc... The mere fact the officer did it INFRONT of his dash cam proves his intent was to HELP the idiot.

Now would I do that move for some moron who swallows weed like this guy did...no. Weed won't kill him. Instead take this moron to the hospital, get a warrant, and watch the docs and nurses pump him dry...and see his sorry little --- whine the whole time. Then when the weed comes up, bag it, tag it, THEN cuff him and send him off to jail.

As for the judges ruling. REAL SMART there idiot judge. Way to tell the pot heads a dopers that its ok to USE DRUGS, its ok to swallow drugs, and if the cops do something to try and stop you that he/she doesn't like, you don't have to be punished. BUT BUT BUT...IF the cops allow him to swallow it because this judge doesn't like losers getting choked...WHO is responsible if he swallows it and dies before getting medical treatment????????????????? Yeah..I'll give you a hint: THE COPS Why because in todays society it NEVER the losers fault, someone else ALWAYS makes them do the stupid s--- they do RIGHT? give me a break...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75

Now would I do that move for some moron who swallows weed like this guy did...no. Weed won't kill him. Instead take this moron to the hospital, get a warrant, and watch the docs and nurses pump him dry...and see his sorry little --- whine the whole time. Then when the weed comes up, bag it, tag it, THEN cuff him and send him off to jail.

now that sounds like the more sensible thing to do . thank god your thinking about this clearly .
now with this guy being a corporal why doesn't he think that way ? is it poor training , poor judgment or the fear of getting sued for the guy dieing ?

p.s. good to hear you chime in rcwj75 your opinion is always respected by me ...

[edit on 3-7-2008 by ironman433]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Yeah, what should have happened instead is send some gun crazy Texan to shoot him in the back, this way all the people who cry police brutality can then turn around and praise said gun crazy Texan for removing a waste of space druggy.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
I love how they dropped the charges in hopes of avoiding the certain lawsuit. That should be an interesting case, actually. I can see the lawyer asking the kid for his account of what happened and the kid saying "Well, it all boils down to 3 little letters: THC, as in:
Then
He f'n
Choked me!"

Seriously though, enough with the war on pot. Go after all the meth labs, coke dealers, heroin dealers, and acid producers you want. At least each of those substances have proven high risks of death associated with heavy use. I still haven't heard of anyone keeling over from bud usage unless maybe some folks have overindulged on the Funyuns for a few years and suffered a heart attack or diabetes.

Acid does not at all belong on the horror list, no one has ever died from '___', I do think it should be used supervised by some sort of 'trip guide" but real acid is unaddicting, actually has reverse tolerance, you can't do it too often it wont work... and has tremendous mind expanding properties...

Albert Hoffman who discovered lsd and use it extensively for decades just died in his 90's...

does not belong in the Met and Heroin category... otherwise 100% correct

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

so basically your saying the cops training has made him stupid because he doesn't see pot he seed evidence. Obviously he sure wasn't thinking about what his boss ( any citizen) would think if the film were seen.

I think its hilarious that in his mad attempt to preserve evidence, the case was dismissed.

Silly pig, brains are for citizens

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
The technique used may SEEM drastic, but its not. It HAS saved lives before. My beat partner and I 3 years ago arrested a guy for selling heroin. When I tried to cuff him he grabbed the 4 baggies and tried to swallow the evidence. My partner did this same thing, preventing him from 1. swallowing the evidence, and 2. saving his life. That amount of heroin would of killed him in less then 5 minutes. So don't get all freedom this, abuse that, power hungry, etc... The mere fact the officer did it INFRONT of his dash cam proves his intent was to HELP the idiot.

As for the judges ruling. REAL SMART there idiot judge. Way to tell the pot heads a dopers that its ok to USE DRUGS, its ok to swallow drugs, and if the cops do something to try and stop you that he/she doesn't like, you don't have to be punished. BUT BUT BUT...IF the cops allow him to swallow it because this judge doesn't like losers getting choked...WHO is responsible if he swallows it and dies before getting medical treatment????????????????? Yeah..I'll give you a hint: THE COPS Why because in todays society it NEVER the losers fault, someone else ALWAYS makes them do the stupid s--- they do RIGHT? give me a break...

You know, I have to admit, the concept of not letting a person accidently od is one I might not have thought of...

But seriously, do you really even as a cop believe that pot should be illegal? That this situation should have to occour at all?

I know allot of Cops and at parties they drink their asses off, it's legal but is it better than weed?

I must have smoked for 20 years straight, now at 37 I don't i'm too busy, but for me it kept me out of trouble and honestly kept me away from other drugs too... it makes me content, maybe you could say lazy... but at 37 I look 25, I have 2 great kids, I'm running a Triathalon soon and own a business...

Why should I ever have to have been a person who had to avoid cops? For weed?

When I quit, it was a non entity, no withdrawal, no signs of any harm from my use, it was a decision and it was done... right after my daughter was born.

Cigarettes on the other hand took 2 years and a ton of pain

and I can honestly say I never did a wrong thing ever on weed, but as a younger man, booze sometimes made me a real arse

So seriously do you think weed should be illegal?

I mean gosh, Meth is ravaging our nation, the stuff murders, you know this... your a cop. Wouldn't you rather on the job your resources be spent saving lives?

[edit on 3-7-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

here is an answer

STOP harassing pot users!!!! And start taking the extra time to teach cops anger management, and how to think calmly is tense situations.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

"Where there is pot, there is often other drugs as well." could you show me some evidence of this statement?

for the record I agree with you that is looks like the officer was doing what he was trained to do. Although he might have squezed a littel hard. I just don't think that because somebody smoked a joint he has a portable meth lab in the trunk.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Anyone who knows anything about being choked, knows it doesn't take hardly any pressure to get choked out. i am sure there are some MMA on here.
As much as i think marijuana should be legal, it's not.
the guy will be just fine and the cop will go free.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ironman433

Hey ironman, looong time no debate!! Hope all is well. I think this corporal let the kids attitude cloud his judgment. The kid obviously has an attitude and instead of laughing at the moron and telling him that they are now getting a warrant, arresting him and getting the last laugh, he took this route.

reply to post by Chadwickus

Ohhh so you support illegals who have no respect for other peoples property, think its ok to steal and ruin lives, and at worst end up in a cell being fed and spoiled by OUR tax dollars...sorry, but don't steal, don't ruin other peoples lives and make them pay higher insurance rates because your a f'n scumbag...sometimes things work out for the best....and this is one example!

reply to post by mopusvindictus

I am not a fan of any drug. They all lead people to do stupid things. They ALL alter the mind, and the mind in todays society, is already screwed up enough. Overall, I agree...weed is the least harmful drug. I don't usually arrest for weed smokers..depending on amount. I usually write a citation and they pay a fine, OR I make them dump it out. Losing the weed is sometimes a worse punishment then court...
. Thats why I said I wouldn't have choked this idiot over weed. Just not worth the hassle, that you now see this cop going through.

As for meth, that IS a priority down here. Trust me, if I have a call about a guy selling weed VS a guy selling meth...the weed dealer is going to have a fruitful evening.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

"Where there is pot, there is often other drugs as well." could you show me some evidence of this statement?

I'm not going to pull out stats here. My statement is based on my own observations and experiences on the street.

I just don't think that because somebody smoked a joint he has a portable meth lab in the trunk.

No, I wouldn't go so far as to say that either. But quite often you will find weed where other drugs are present as well. The meth craze isn't all that big around here, but almost every single time I've seen coc aine/crack there's been weed as well. Around here, a lot of dealers who don't even use what they are selling, still puff blunts, and would certainly try to swallow evidence.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

That's true if it's pure. I may have been too ambiguous in my "acid producers" statement. What I was referring to were the home lab professor dingleberries that brew up acid concoctions in their basements that aren't even close to pure and end up producing essentially a poisonous form of the drug. (BTW, I in no way endorse the use of nor have I ever used '___' or any "major league" narcotic in any form. Kids, don't do drugs!)

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Thats sorta reverse thought though.. Thats what the 'gateway drug' theory is about, survey DRUG addicts and ask them if they tried weed
I bet most of them tried chocolate too(A somewhat addicting substance if it contains caffeine.)

That being said though, I see know reason why someone that starts smoking marijuana that thinks that it is a dangerous drug like all the others would not move onto other drugs because if they believe there getting into a dangerous mind altering habit, they are past that 'gateway' already.

Where theres hard drugs theres weed, not the other way around though, at least not in most cases.

This is just another example on why drug laws can be more dangerous then the drugs themselves.

I think ALL drugs should be legal, even the ones that kill you. Sounds crazy, I know but I'd rather see a heroin addicted get free help(payed for by drug taxes) then arrested. Would meth addicts be robbing houses if they could get some free instead and maybe there kids would be able to get food when there parents addiction doesn't have to be a big secret. When right now theres no way people that could help the starving kids when the paranoid meth addicts are not telling anyone that all there money is going to meth and not feeding their kids.

[edit on 7/3/2008 by Bumr055]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bumr055

Star for your post. I agree almost entirely with what you have said. I don't really buy into the whole "gateway" drug thing so much either.

But...

Where theres hard drugs theres weed, not the other way around though, at least not in most cases.

...while this may be true to some extent, a cop doesn't know which "end" of the situtation he is looking at when he/she makes a stop. The officer can only make ONE determination, and that is where there is weed, there is a high probability that there are other drugs present. Not that weed made someone pick up other drugs, but that other drugs are often combined with marijuana use.

EDIT to add:

Take something even more mundane even, like razor blades. Unless the person uses them at work for some reason, there's a good chance that if you find razor blades in a car, you will see other signs of coc aine use/distribution. And again with a box of sanwhich bags, or the little jewelry ziploc bags, good chance that the person is a dealer.

Cigarette packs too. People often put their stem or joint or roaches in a cig pack.

[edit on 7/3/0808 by jackinthebox]

[edit on 7/3/0808 by jackinthebox]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join