It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trivia: your astrological profile

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Very interesting. I haven't looked at my birth chart in a while so i did for in response to this thread. Here is a sample...

Moon Trine Venus
Personal charm and popularity. A natural talent in and appreciation of aesthetics. Works easily with music and the arts. A fine appreciation of female energy; excellent raport with women. Affectionate and caring when it comes to relationships, can charm a prospective mate with ease. Attracts material benefits and prosperity.

Moon Trine Mars
A born coach or teacher, most comfortable in the physical and 'doing' areas of life. An inspiration and driving force in the lives of others. Quite able to manage a very active and strong emotional life. Strong spirit with a direct and emotionally forceful manner. Impulsive and energetic, takes the initiative in domestic affairs.

Amazingly accurate. I am indeed the sap listens to your girlfriends at 3 in the morning when they can't talk to you.

I have been a trainer at every job I have ever had and have been a teacher. I am the 'housewife' in my realationship.

I have been employed as a phone psychic, as an interesting sidenote. We were required to ask for your date of birth to confirm that you are 18+, but it was mostly for advratising purposes. Amazingly (sic), a lot of people who called would lie about their date of birth so that I could not pull up their birth chart.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoil hatter
One thing I would like to add to this thread is don't take this stuff too far.

My friendly advice is yes, look into astrology as much as you all like, but keep in mind much of it is quite obscure and has little real influence on your life in many cases.

And if not, then go and visit some of the astro-forums to see the misery and outright slavery that astrology inflicts on people's minds...

Sad.

And thanks for the info on Cayce.
I didn't know that.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

Well, since we're now into "boasting", how about this little tidbit from my chart?

Pluto has given you a very strange ability, whether you know it or not, to eliminate enemies and obstacles.

(There is also an endearing line liking my subconscious mind to a "terrifying iceberg".)

If you're in La Cosa Nostra, you might want to give me a call.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

Originally posted by tinfoil hatter
One thing I would like to add to this thread is don't take this stuff too far.

My friendly advice is yes, look into astrology as much as you all like, but keep in mind much of it is quite obscure and has little real influence on your life in many cases.

And if not, then go and visit some of the astro-forums to see the misery and outright slavery that astrology inflicts on people's minds...

Sad.

That is sad. I guess people can get caught up in all kinds of traps in life. I just hope they will eventually realize they hold the true power in their lives, and not the stars and planets.

Though I feel things can be learned about one's self through a study of astrology, but this should eventually be redirected toward better helping others imo.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tinfoil hatter

I think astropsychology, for whatever reason, really does work.
By that, I mean a "profile" that takes into account all the aspects really can show some highly specific characteristics that by no means can be attributed to generalities of the human psyche or whatever.

It's the forecasts that are usually slippery ground.
And, frankly, it's a good thing, too.

One of the saddest things I've noticed on astrology forums is that many people simply won't listen to anyone who speaks against their perceived experience of the stars' supposed influence - even if it is a comforting message!
For example, a cousin of mine used to visit such a forum quite often. But when, during one of those beware-the-Mercury-retrograde phases, she said that her experience with Mercury retrograde was actually pretty good and uneventful, all hell broke loose... She was accused of being in denial (and she's a clinical psychologist - denial is really not her shtick) and/or undermining the authority of the resident astrologer.

I visited an astrology site a few days ago - after posting this thread - but left ASAP because the landscape was too depressing to bear: apparently, "Saturn in Virgo" afflicts not only Virgos but basically the entire zodiac...

Sorry for this long rant, but I really HATE to see people enslaved and paralysed by fear and dread of what the next day might bring. And I wish you were right and they'd see the "light" - but if you have ever visited such a site, you know it's unlikely for their habitues to break free.

Thanks for your patience.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I'm near the middle of Libra and have totally forgotten my moon sign. I do believe that gravity has an effect, moon and sun make much of our two main cycles monthly(ish) and annual. Jupiter has a huge pull but is a long way away, as is the theory that unites gravity with all of the other forces. Power to you though, there is so much rubbish and what is explained by eons but not modern physics is too readily ignore.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I feel the same way as you do about the forecasts. Several years ago I even bought a astro forcast as it was called, just to check it out, and I don't think even one so-called forcast in it occured.

I think at least one of the problems with astrology is it's not completely accurate. Take your comment about mercury retrograde for example, we now know that mercury doesn't actually go backwards, but the astrologists are still saying it does. So does the so-called retrograde still have the same effect it was once thought to have? If it's not really going backwards then how could it? Just because it appears that way? Huh? How does that work?

IMO what we really need is a way to make astrology more accurate. But how to go about such a thing? In my studies I have come across information that there are more accurate forms of astrology (than what is currently known in any world astrological tradition), but what it comes down to is, we can't have them. We as humans haven't developed enough to be able to use them wisely, so we don't get to have knowledge of such things.

Now this would entail some belief on your part that there are greater forces (intelligent beings) that are directing the affairs of us humans to a certain extent, so I wouldn't be surprised if the idea is scoffed at by some. On the other hand, it just may help explain some more of the why's and how's in the great mystery we call life.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
sept 7 1979
23:58
63n50, 20e15

near the arctic

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
db

[edit on 11-7-2008 by zerbot565]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by redled

Forget your moon sign (oh - that's right: you have
) - it's your ascendant or rising sign that I am after. :-)

If you're interested, you can easily find out all your signs by entering your data in one of the calculators on any of the websites mentioned above. (It's free of charge.)

Mid-Libra: around October 15?
There are many of those in my life.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

What is "db"?

EDIT: Oh sorry - "double post".
Hadn't seen the first one... (:

[edit on 11-7-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tinfoil hatter

I think the seemingly "retrograde" motion of Mercury (and other planets) falls into the paradigm thing. In other words, they know it's not moving backwards (at least I HOPE they do!), but it still fits the model, if you know what I mean.

Pluto is another example. If I remember correctly, the British astrologer Penny Thornton (ex-Diana of Wales' astrologer
) has written an article about that ("Pluto: demoted but not decommissioned"). It was available on the web a few months ago; I suppose it still is.

But still... As you point out, even within the "paradigm" the influences often don't seem to work as they are "supposed" to, as far as forecasts go.

And yes, I wonder WHAT exactly is the source of the influences (in natal charts) that the "paradigm" is describing.

It may sound like a trivial pursuit... but it's not.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
db - double post ,

i have Aries in east when i was born
and now i live east of where i was born and live together with an Aries

kinda funnie how things turnout

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

I know - sorry, I somehow missed your first post.

Aries is good. I am an Aries (sort of).

What is your ascendant?
And if it's not too indiscreet (I understand if it IS): where exactly is "near the Arctic"?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
ascendant , hmm if you mean by most dominating in the sky then id say Pisces with the moon underneath and aquarius underneath it and capricorn bearly visible above the horison , or acording to stellarium ...

aries is north east about,
this is all looking east btw

its a straigth road that separates northerfolk from wilderness, i can go pass the circle and be back home before lunch my time

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Oh, I forgot about your belief that it's not the actual planets that are influencing us, but they are just markers of this influence or paradigm, as you put it. I was talking from the point of view that it is the actual planets that are the source of the influence.

Who really knows for certain why the effects of astrology work or where the influences really come from. I'm certainly not claiming to have all the answers. You could be right. It could be something other than the planets that are responsible for the influences.

I may not completely agree with you, but at any rate I applaud you in your efforts to discover this new paradigm. I don't think it's a trivial pursuit at all. It's never a waste of time to seek the truth imho.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Here's my birth chart. As you can see the planets form a pentagon, I also have a pentagon/pentagram in birthmarks on both my elbows... As you can see I'm pisces with Libra ascending. In Chineseastrology I am a fire dragon born in the hour of the wood pig.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

Now that's what I call thorough...

Thanks.

It's funny, BTW: I see many hundreds of people have read this thread, but only a few have actually posted their info, even though I was only asking for the Sun sign and the ascendant.
Strange.

But it really doesn't matter.
Correction: it really doesn't matter.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I see the piccy is abit larger than the margin width, so if you want to see the whole chart, just click it and it opens in a new tab/window...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Sun is in 15 degrees Libra

Moon is in 21 degrees Capricorn

Rising sign is in 03 degrees Scorpio

I used www.alabe.com... personally.

I did find what the site said about me in many areas quite accurate for my personality at the moment.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join