It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trivia: your astrological profile

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Megazord

Never heard of Alabe.
Thanks - I'll definitely check it out the next time I despair over my own abilities to figure out my path through this existence.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I was born on the 21st of December (Winter solstice) at exactly midday in 1977.

Can anyone tell me if that means anything, astrologically speaking?

Thnx

EDIT Nevermind, I got it:

[edit on 16-9-2008 by Psychopump]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This is where all my planets lie. I agree with Vanitas. The whole chart is important if you are going to use astrology to say "This is me." I am almost never guessed as an Aries by astrological types guessing when they first meet me.

Instead, the Cancer seems to dominate my first impression in person. I also think that the planets themselves dont cause the personality qualities, but perhaps correspond with some other causal factor. Who knows for certain. What I do know is that whatever astrological system is used, Vedic (in which I am a Gemini) or Western, the stars do seem to be uncannily accurate at predicting not only my personality but also the major events in my life.

planet sign

Sun Aries
Moon Cancer
Mercury Aries
Venus Gemini
Mars Libra
Jupiter Cancer
Saturn Aries
Uranus Virgo
Neptune Scorpio
Pluto Virgo
True Node Taurus

Ascendant Cancer

Edit to take out degree and house, as it wont stay formatted properly and clumps up. And to add a link to Astrodienst. A very nice place to get some free charts, reports, etc.

www.astro.com...

[edit on 16-9-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychopump

If that chart is from Astro or Astrotheme, you can click on every house and/or planet, and it will tell you what it's supposed to mean, in terms of personality traits.

As for December 21st (actually the entire time from December 19 /22), I have noticed from empirical (if purely subjective
) observation - that it's very often a strangely "risky" day when people tend to be more forgetful or more prone to accidents than usually.
Why?
I have no idea.

And on an even more personal basis... it's my favourite day of the year.
Why?
This one is easy: because from that day on, the days start getting longer!

[edit on 16-9-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I also think that the planets themselves dont cause the personality qualities, but perhaps correspond with some other causal factor. Who knows for certain.

I couldn't agree more.

And even though, as I said before, I am not really passionately into astrology or anything, I do think that this aspect - that planetary influence is most likely only a "model", rather than a real source of influence - is not discussed nearly enough.

I am seldom guessed to be an Aries myself, at least at first sight.

Some say that it's the Moon which determines the physical aspects.
But my Moon is in Taurus, and I don't seem to fit the Taurus stereotype.
I do seem to fit the (physical) late Virgo/early Libra stereotype - where my ascendant lies.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

I am seldom guessed to be an Aries myself, at least at first sight.

Yeah.
Maybe you are like me and it is only when something has me fighting mad that people say "Ooooohhh. Ok. You ARE an Aries." Lol.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Yeah.
Maybe you are like me and it is only when something has me fighting mad that people say "Ooooohhh. Ok. You ARE an Aries." Lol.

Oh yes!
Don Quixote on speed - that would be the archetypal image of the Ram.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I have been nostalgically rummaging through my threads, and found this old plaything.
It is still "trivia" - and it is still summer (albeit in Australia
) - so, if you have nothing better to do, perhaps you'd like to play with it.

BTW, I was impressed by the quality of some of the comments. They actually bring up questions that transcend astrology itself.
Be sure to read them, and read them carefully, regardless of your opinion about astrology.
(I am not a huge fan myself.)

P.S. Some of the minor details (the position of certain planets) in my own "portrait" are actually wrong.
But trivia are not really worth correcting. :-)

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic

8th house mars: Death by firearms, warfare, assination, wrath of rulers.

Wait, wait, wait... I have Venus in my eighth house.
Does that mean I'll love to death?!

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Oh, I just read that blog...
Disregarding some of the unsavoury other options, I'd say this one hits home:

"due to treachery of trusted friends"

(Now I remember why I found astrology so depressing.)

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Dear all,

Please go to Astrodienst, create a profile (it's free) with *all* of your relevant birth information; i.e., date, exact time (on your birth certificate), place of birth (from the dropdown list). Click around to the personal profile, the short forecast, the Astro Click Portrait. Follow your daily horoscope. On Thursdays you can see important transits that are occurring at that time.

You can create profiles for your family and friends too. I have had about 30 people in there at one point. I don't read them though unless they ask or unless I get a feeling that something is coming up for them and would like to help, if possible. Do that responsibly though. You can see into their lives on a level that even they cannot necessarily see clearly.

I only pay for the extended daily horoscope but this gives me vision of 18 months retrospective and 12 months in advance of the current date. All very good and relevant info. Sometimes you don't understand what is happening while you're in a particular transit, but you see very clearly when you look back once it's passed.

It's a Swiss site, the charts are done by computer and the algorithms are astoundingly accurate. If you're seriously into astrology, there is a goldmine of information there. If you would like to be seriously into astrology, there is a great deal of educational material on the site. There is a forum where you can ask questions to help you learn. Just don't ask them to interpret your chart. The site gives you that. If you want more info, learn it yourself.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Dear all,

Please go to Astrodienst, create a profile (it's free) with *all* of your relevant birth information; i.e., date, exact time (on your birth certificate), place of birth (from the dropdown list). Click around to the personal profile, the short forecast, the Astro Click Portrait. Follow your daily horoscope. On Thursdays you can see important transits that are occurring at that time.

You can create profiles for your family and friends too. I have had about 30 people in there at one point. I don't read them though unless they ask or unless I get a feeling that something is coming up for them and would like to help, if possible. Do that responsibly though. You can see into their lives on a level that even they cannot necessarily see clearly.

I only pay for the extended daily horoscope but this gives me vision of 18 months retrospective and 12 months in advance of the current date. All very good and relevant info. Sometimes you don't understand what is happening while you're in a particular transit, but you see very clearly when you look back once it's passed.

It's a Swiss site, the charts are done by computer and the algorithms are astoundingly accurate. If you're seriously into astrology, there is a goldmine of information there. If you would like to be seriously into astrology, there is a great deal of educational material on the site. There is a forum where you can ask questions to help you learn. Just don't ask them to interpret your chart. The site gives you that. If you want more info, learn it yourself.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Yes, Astro (or Astrodienst, as is its full name) really is a great service for those interested in astrology. I recommended it on at least two occasions within this thread, but I welcome your thoughtful posting, as very few people seem to even read through a thread, these days.

Which is all the more a pity because there really are some very, very interesting observations about how astrology might work, in this thread.
(And I've said that before, too.)

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Zodiac in degrees 0.00 Placidus Orb:0
Sun Aquarius 15.39 Ascendant Pisces 11.09
Moon Aries 12.16 II Gemini 2.11
Mercury Capricorn 23.27 III Gemini 17.54
Venus Capricorn 12.21 IV Gemini 27.56
Mars Gemini 16.08 V Cancer 7.28
Jupiter Aries 19.50 VI Cancer 20.41
Saturn Cancer 28.14 R VII Virgo 11.09
Uranus Scorpio 7.07 VIII Sagittarius 2.11