It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trivia: your astrological profile

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Yes there is something to the whole Zodiac thing. Otherwise how could I guess anyones Zodiac sign on the first guess?? There is truth to it defining peoples behavior, talking patterns, looks etc...

I am a Virgo, with my moon in Taurus and my asending sign is Libra. Curious eh?

What people need to realize is that the moon sign is just as important as the sun sign, if not more so. Anyone that wants to learn about the Zodiac should think about reading any of Linda Goodmans books. They are very informative.

If you ever had your chart read, and I have, you would be floored. I can only say this, that the person who read mine told me things that no one, and I mean no one, knew. I actually cried through part of it. Not because it was scary or spookey, but because it was all the truth.

I just want to mention that the Sunday Zodiacs are not reliable. Although they are the truth, there is a three day window, due to the fact that we are all born if different places and different times. So maybe relying on them just isn't a good ideal

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaimless

And yet another Virgo!
Interesting.

But I think you meant the ascendant (or rising sign) when you talked about the importance of the secondary sign. The ascendant is indeed every bit as important as the Sun sign.
Unless I am much mistaken, the Moon sign affects mostly the appearance and/or "motherly" qualities of any given person.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Of course, I wasn't disagreeing with you Vanitas. I have thought on this idea in the past, that it's not just the planets that are influencing us and there are other forces behind it, and I feel it's probably right, to a degree. But that's not to say the planets themselves don't have an influence as well, I think it's probably both. I feel there is even more to it than that, much more.

There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in our philosophies.

There is so much we have to yet learn of this and other universes, it's staggering. Our understanding of science is still in its infancy and we have a long way to go.

Our understanding of ourselves and our planet is quite limited, not to mention our understanding of common forces such as gravity. So it's not such a stretch in my opinion to believe that the forces behind astrology are a force yet to be discovered and explained by science. I don't feel planetary gravity is this unexplained force.

Oh, and my sign in the western tradition is capricorn.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by tinfoil hatter]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Well, without too revealing too much, my astrological profile could be summarized as someone who has great patience and 'hates' people (an empty 7th house). She is devoted, down to earth and a joker.

[edit on 2008-7-04 by pikypiky]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Think I did this right, it's a little confusing

I'm a Saggitarius
Sun in Saggitarius, Moon in Aquarius
Ascendant in Leo, Aquarius in the Eighth House

... and then I got confused by the mass amount of data

No idea what this means if anything

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I am Gemini, with my rising sign in Libra.
It's lucky that my mother kept looking at her watch all the time.
That's because she was nervous. She thought she would be late for a cocktail party. (As it happened, she made it in time.)

It's the year that she has trouble remembering...

[edit on 4-7-2008 by AdAstra]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

And this story is where the saying "look what the cat dragged in" originated...

(If anyone is concerned about my faulty manners... don't be.
I happen to be well acquainted with this particular poster. :-))

P.S. I'd love to give you a star for the laugh I got out of it - but it seems I can't.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

... and then I got confused by the mass amount of data

No idea what this means if anything

If you calculated your profile at Astro, you just click on the circular chart you have created: it'll tell you everything.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Well, without too revealing too much, my astrological profile could be summarized as someone who has great patience and 'hates' people (an empty 7th house). She is devoted, down to earth and a joker.

No Sun sign - no ascendant?
My, aren't we mysterious... :-)

I can see you're a joker.

But does an "empty" 7th house really signify "hating people"?
I would say hating MARRIAGE would be perhaps a better description. :-)

Sector SEVEN

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I am an Aries

Sun in Aries, Mercury in Aries, Mars in Aries, Jupiter in Aries as well...so I am pretty hardcore Aries

Moon in Scorpio, Venus in Taurus.

Libra Ascendent.

Interesting thread, I used to love doing people's natal charts, it's like snooping through their house when they are gone almost.

It's so weirdly accurate even if you don't believe in it

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I didn't think you were disagreeing.
(And even if you were... hey, there's nothing I like more than a good discussion!
)

There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in our philosophies.

AMEN.

A Capricorn, eh...?
Most of the Capricorn men I've met so far I liked a lot.
Most - not all, just most - of the Capricorn women I've met so far grated on my nerves...

(The ones that I did like, I liked A LOT.)

Go figure.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I just want to mention that the Sunday Zodiacs are not reliable. Although they are the truth, there is a three day window, due to the fact that we are all born if different places and different times. So maybe relying on them just isn't a good ideal

This website (they have an English section, too) says that the first horoscopes published by the magazine Marie Claire in the early 1950s - to harness the growing popularity of this new "fad" - was written by a member of the staff who knew nothing about astrology. The editor ordered twelve "forecasts" to be written for the next issue, and so s/he just wrote whatever came to his/her mind...

It makes sense.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Whoa! That's A LOT of Aries!

Plus your ascendant is the exact OPPOSITE of Aries, which, I am told, only adds to the Arian component...

You must be fun company on holidays and hiking trips.
I get exhausted just trying to imagine it...

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Well, I get called a "handful" a "firecracker" a "go-getter" the "life of the party" as well as various other things that I can't post here

I didn't know that about Libra...so it actually accentuates the Aries? I figured it was toning it down somewhat, or, was hoping

I see you are a very well-rounded mix...I always thought that must be a hard cusp...the one between Pisces and Aries...such a contrast between signs there!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

The "life of the party", eh?
Yes, I can imagine.
What they REALLY mean by that is "death by exhaustion".

As for me... Oh yes: my profile is well-rounded indeed.
Which in practice means (among other things) that I have, like, 5000 interests - all of them tugging at me at the same time, with more or less the same intensity.

It's been my downfall.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
this thread got me instrested in looking further into a thought i had earlier about predicting death from astrology. i looked around and found a website that told a little about death in the chart. it supported what i thought about what mine would be which suprised me.

8th house mars: Death by firearms, warfare, assination, wrath of rulers.

8th house saturn: Treachery

8th house in Scorpio: As a result of secret actions

Moon mars or saturn in the 8th all point to death by weapons.

the thing is is that ever since i was little i had a gut feeling or hunch this is how i would die, and also i would not be old when i died.

heres the blog if anyone is intrested in looking it over for themselves. it is very intresting. you need to have a copy of your chart though made the exact time you were born. wouldnt want to misread it!

nepaliastrologer.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

That's interesting you would say that....about looking at death in someone's chart or your own.

I had a book, still do, around here somewhere that had a lot of information about the different kind of death's in charts etc...and I was always too superstitious when doing people's charts for fun to look that sort of information up.

And I certainly didn't want to see anything about mine. But I was thinking it might be fun to look up famous people that you know had been murdered...such as JFK's chart, Lincoln's etc people who have been assassinated. I also think it would be interesting to look at a few natal charts of serial killers etc.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
One thing I would like to add to this thread is don't take this stuff too far.

My friendly advice is yes, look into astrology as much as you all like, but keep in mind much of it is quite obscure and has little real influence on your life in many cases.

Your birth chart for example is just a set of influences that you were born with, but that doesn't mean you are chained by them for the rest of your life. You will learn and grow here and overcome many of them.

I would never for example base all my friendships on astrology or where I want to live or work. I wouldn't even base a relationship on it or choose my mate with it. If you do, you may just miss out on some of the best experiences of your life. Astrology is just too obscure to base your whole life on it in my opinion. As the saying goes, It's a wise person who rules the stars, it's a fool who's ruled by them.

Another tidbit of info some may find interesting is people such as Edgar Cayce claimed that the astrological influences in one's life only makes up less that 15% of the influence in your life. This 15% is also shared by genetics, your upbringing, peer influence, and other things. The other 85% is your will power alone.

So Cayce says: " Let it be understood here, no action of any planet or phases of the sun, the moon or any of the heavenly bodies surpass the rule of man's will power."

[edit on 6-7-2008 by tinfoil hatter]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tinfoil hatter

i agree that will power plays a huge part. you are the final decider of what you will do. but i do think astrology is important.

i think of astrology as like the rhythm to the music of life.
you can dance off-beat if you like, but it makes more sense to go with the rhythm.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

I agree astrology is important. But I don't base my whole life around it. I use it as tool, not something that controls me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join