It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trivia: your astrological profile

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I am not exactly a fan of astrology, but I do believe there is more to it than strict rationalists would like us to believe.
And I believe the "planets" thing is just a paradigm: it's not the actual planets per se what influences us, it's something else. What is it? I have no idea.

Anyway, I think it'd be potentially interesting to know the astrological profile of ATS visitors.

I was born within minutes of the Spring Equinox (March), which makes me a "cusp" child, riding astride on Pisces and Aries. My ascendant is Virgo nearing Libra. I have the Moon in Taurus, Jupiter in Aquarius, and my Pluto is in Scorpio.

So there.

How about you?

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

i have no idea how to even come to a conclusion,i was born september 30 1981,i am a libra, thats all i know. probably not what you were looking for?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

I am not really looking for anything in particular.

It's just summer trivia.

(If you're interested: you can find out your ascendant or rising sign - and the rest of them - by entering the exact time of your birth in any of the many online calculators.)

BTW: One of my oldest friends was born on September 30 - and my grandpapa, too.
It's a very good day.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
All things in nature have their inherent influencing energies (birds, animals, plants, insects, rocks etc..) and the planets and other heavenly bodies do as well. So I wonder why you feel they don't? Just curious what lead you to this conclusion?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tinfoil hatter

I have no doubt that everything in existence can - at least potentially - influence the other components of the same "net" (because that's what we are: a huge net).

As to the planets and other heavenly bodies... I suppose they COULD, theoretically, have an influence (the Moon certainly does) - it's just that, based on the comparison with the Moon and its observed effects, I don't see how. (Think density, distance, length of orbit - all kinds of factors.)

More to the point, I actually read somewhere an article written by a very lucid-sounding astrologer stating precisely that: that "planets" are just a paradigm, a model for a set of influences the origins of which are as yet unidentified.

And BTW... aren't you going to volunteer your Sun and rising sign?

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
im cusp too!
summer soltice june 21st 1984 at midnight
accendant: in pisces
sun: gemini
moon: in pisces

so i get weird hunches and dreams alot and like to talk about them.

also have a mars and ssaturn in scorpio in the 8th house... so i think ill probably die a violent death while im young. but that dosnt bother me at all.

i think the stuff is true but i dont think its the actual planets. i think the planets are a result of the pattern of nature. like a big fractal pattern

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

Interesting thought, Republic.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Great post Vanitas. As you may know, I've harped on this subject at length (that astrology can work, but there is a lot of malpractice -- or maybe ALL of it is malpractice.)

In my opinion, astrology works because of predetermination – an invisible type of unbreakable inertia that binds us to a particular path, regardless of what we think we know about free will. And if one system of prediction can work (like astrology) then ALL systems can work (obviously, you could use astrology to predict the outcome of something like I-Ching, or Tarot, etc.) You just map one system to another using complex rules. What those rules actually are is quite difficult, and unknown.

#

So, anyway, I was born on the cusp of Cancer and Leo -- I guess you and I are called "square" or "in quadrature" with each other, whatever that is suppose to mean. I think it is a good thing.

Just curious -- where was Venus when you were born? (Mine was solidly in Gemini.)

People can look up the planetary signs by birthday here:

www.cafeastrology.com...

I'm not saying this works. I'm simply saying that it CAN work, and I will stick with that position.

As you say -- summer fun trivia

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

And I can tell you you're telepathic, my friend...

Yesterday and today, seeing that only a hundred or so people had cast a look at this thread (double that number today), and only two of them responded in the first 12 hours or so, I found that curious (considering the internet-wide interest in astrology) and was seriously thinking about asking you to do another statistical calculation of the odds...

Where was my Venus...?
In Aries, I think (and it makes sense
).
I have to check.
I'll be back.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

Yep: Venus in Aries, in the 8th house.

And here is another site that does free calculations.

I'd hate to think that everything is predetermined - but I think you may be right.
On the other hand... I tend to think that, while single tracks may be predetermined - maybe we can change tracks.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'm a Scorpio

(Edit to add other stuff)

Sun in Scorpio, Moon in Libra

Ascendant in Aquarius, Uranus in the Eighth House

Saturn in the Sixth House

Moon in the Eighth House

Sun in the Ninth House

Venus in the Ninth House

[edit on 7/3/2008 by Ceara]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ceara

Interesting.
Thanks, Ceara.

P.S. Does Saturn in the 6th house have an impact on your health or daily body/diet regime? (Just curious...
)

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Here's my stats: (thanks for the link to astro.com vanitas)

I'm A Virgo.

Sun in Virgo, Moon in Sagittarius

Ascendant in Capricorn, Saturn in the First House

Saturn Conjunct Ascendant, Uranus Conjunct Ascendant, Neptune Conjunct Ascendant, Jupiter Opposition Ascendant

Sun in the Eighth House

Venus in the Tenth House

Moon in the Twelfth House

If only i knew what this stuff meant. Most (if not all) of the summaries this site provided seemed pretty spot on but i 'm not sure if i'll take this with 100% faith, but it is somewhat eeire, but that could just be wording

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Hiya V. April 18, 1958 here. I think it's the cusp of Aries and Taurus, if I'm not mistaken.

Y'know from a purely physics point of view, I have no difficulty visualizing waves of force or influence from an object of profound mass. So, it must overlap with lines of force, perhaps magnetic, perhaps more with other bodies of mass. I could see that being the regions of the visible sky that are equated with various constellations. I'm not particularly a believer in astrology, but I don"t disbelieve it either> certainly some folks who I've highly respected thought it resonated consistently. My mind remains open.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by screamo

Well, at first sight it looks like you might be very "down to Earth" and rational-minded (Virgo, Capricorn + Saturn conjunct ascendant).

Boy, I feel silly talking like this...

OK, Madame Clarabella is now ready to take on the next client.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I think it's the cusp of Aries and Taurus, if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, it is.
Interesting - there seem to be quite a few "cusps" here.
Then again, there very few responses so far...

I'm not particularly a believer in astrology, but I don"t disbelieve it either>

My feelings exactly.
I like your explanation, BTW.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

P.S. Does Saturn in the 6th house have an impact on your health or daily body/diet regime? (Just curious...
)

Well I'm pretty darn good health. I rarely get sick. The only thing that bothers me are my knees, especially after mowing the lawn. I love veggies and eat rather healthy most of the time, but I do have my weaknesses occasionally.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ceara

That would make sense, since Saturn - the strict "teacher" - governs your house of health.

It's either that... or what you said (plus good genes).

I'll go with the second explanation.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
..., I actually read somewhere an article written by a very lucid-sounding astrologer stating precisely that:
that "planets" are just a paradigm, a model for a set of influences the origins of which are as yet unidentified.

the set of unidentified influences , imho are... ones position in the Galaxy instead of this miniscule solar system in which we (as Islanders) reside.

if, as a lot of us believe, there are many other civilizations out there...
why would we in this solar system, rate a unique and special roadmap for/of lifes journey ??? That sort of thinking on a planetary scale is akin to thinking 'Nationalistic'... which is a form of elitism...pardon my french

Sol and our planetary alignments would be a sub-set of a larger model which involves the 250~ million year cycle of the Galaxy...
fine & important for us here in this solar system but bad for the other lifeforms who are not endowed with this parsec of spaces' foibilies = Astrology profiles.

But of course, infinite space may not be inhabitated by more than one advanced, cogent, cognizant species in each individual Galaxy in the cosmos...
which would then make a Sun centric Astrology all the more important
much like a tribal totum is for that localized peoples

my best guess is that Astrology is a intellectual exercise designed to attract
some and detract the others

Oh,
i'm Year of the Rat, my element is Earth, wood
all those exact hours and exact location on our planet in relation to the other planets...is the stuff of magicians (paid magicians at that) who can plot a chart......

i don't suppose i've helped... oh well, i'll just mosey on. Thanks

[edit on 3-7-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Just for the sake of the argument: just because Earthlings are affected by celestial bodies it doesn't follow that other planets' inhabitants wouldn't be.
In other words, IF there are certain influences, it doesn't mean that they affect the Earth only (although their scope and nature of influence on this planet would be specific to its position, of course).

On the geocentric perspective I would only say this: you are - as you SHOULD be - the centre of your universe.
Does that mean that other people don't exist and/or are not the centres of their respective universes?
Of course not.

The same goes for the Earth.
Personally, I find it extremely unlikely, almost ridiculous, that the Earth would be the only inhabited rock in the universe.
But we are here, and here is our centre of gravity, if you'll excuse the pun.

It's just a matter of perspective.
Just because I sweep my own backyard only it doesn't follow that I don't care for other people's backyards. :-)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join