It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

to be gay or not to be gay

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
" 1blue soldier "

I will tell you the thoughts I had when i was younger, I'm not embarrassed. Like i said and like christ said, it's a possesion of lust that builds in the soul (if you let it) and gets worse and worse.

God sometimes gives souls up to shameful affections as he said in the bible. It makes men feal vulnerable, have sick nasty thoughts and they become infatuated with the same sex because their souls have reached perversion.

I can love men as my bros but you see it's not sexual because it's not natural way God made it and it's nasty to me because of Gods grace.

They are attracted to each other in a sick way of lust and their souls have lost their manhood and natural order and are vulnerable inside because God gives souls up to their mindsets.

When I was younger I used to have nasty thoughts, I felt what gay guys felt at one point about at 12-13. I even used to try on clothes that were not mens. Just for fun. But I felt a perversion within and I didn't pray back then, all I did was sin. I didn't work i was lazy. I was not gay, I liked girls but the perversion was getting worse inside my soul.

as I grew older I prayed and found God and learned about the spirit and I can tell you that when you don't (sin)

I swear to god on my death bed you literally become changed within and he gives you certain lights and good thoughts and changes you into a real person.

Once that lust leaves it leaves for good, # I still get hormones like crazy towards women but I don't let it control me like I used to.

God wants you to minimize and and eventually beat it and find some deepness in life. I cannot even describe what prayer does to the soul especially the hail mary. But like i said it's impossible to describe on the internet.

am I ashamed of saying that stuff on here? ya damn right I am. What lust also does to the soul because I have felt it and lived it is it paralizes you and makes you lazy and it can get so bad that it can take up all your time.

So there I shared with you B1 soldier. Again I was never gay or even close but I know how bas lust caused my (mindset).

and it goes back the the point that Christ said which i found out later in life that ( it's a possesion of lust )

If you notice alot of gays have a possesed look on their faces and walk gay as hell, it's not literally themselves walking but you will see what i mean at the end.

anyways please don't take offense to what i just said.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

it's a possesion of lust that builds in the soul

A succinct way to put it.
It does affect your soul and entire being and changes you in a lot of different ways.
(not that I really know that but that is what I have come to think, based on observation)

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

because they are wrong

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I have a question to those who think it's a choice.

Do you really think that I chose to be a poofter? That I chose a life of ridicule,that i'd risk getting the absolute crap battered out of me,cos I'm queer? Would i chose to be outcast by society,would I chose to be so diffeerent,people think I'm some kind of freak who should have been terminated at birth. Did i make a choice to be hated,to be scourned at thought of as a lesser man.

Does this seem like a choice that someone would make? Like,you're walking down the road one day and think "I know,I'll be a bender from now on,they seem happy"

I tried for the life of me to be "normal" for my whole teenage years and into my early 20s I hated myself for who I was becoming. I mentally tortured myself to try and be like everyone else. I know people who killed themselves over this termoil. Do you really think that we chose this life,that we chose to be like this?

I'm 100% sure that this was not a choice I made. I'd give my right nacker to be normal. But it ain't happeneing,I'm not attracted to womens jiggly bits. It's that simple.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Son you don't understand what possesion is and lust. It builds into the soul like I said and makes men feel vulnerable, they contract all sorts of bad lustfull unnatural thoughts and it's stuck on the soul unless that person is prayed for heavily.

God says he gives gay souls up to shamefull affections because of their sins, and they turn the natural use into the unnatural use and become full of a perverted unnatural mindset.

Like I said Men can love men as brothers, but when it turns sexual something that is nasty as hell and un natural that's when God sees it as evil, but what it is and what god is saying is that it's a possesion of lust that breaks the barriers of friendship love and goes into perversion, unnatural perversion.

I can't explain any better then this but rest assured, at the end of this world God will show you what possesion is and how it works.

peace.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Perhaps you can post your source for God saying all that?

I know I understand what possession is, but how do you associate being gay with being possessed? What you call lust, I call natural instinct.

Everyone:
How in the world did we start bringing religion into a simple question about there being a choice if you are gay or not?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I've gotta say the ignorance I am reading on this thread makes me physically ill.

Dressing like a woman is an act of cross-dressing, not homosexuality. In fact, cross dressers share almost the same rate of homosexuality as people who dress their gender.

I made many gay friends over the past couple years, and I can assure you, they didn't choose their sexuality. In fact, my best friend, a Christian just like you, was engaged to a woman and was months away from marriage before he broke down and decided to live the life that God intended for him, to be gay. He could do nothing about the fact that in all the years of his life, he was gay and did not want to be.

He's now embraced his true self, and is a happy, healthy member of society.

Equating alcoholism, a drug problem, or sin to homosexuality shows just how much you know about people who are gay. For all the problems I've had over the years, I can guarantee that getting over them was easier for me than anything my gay friends had to go through in their lives.

It isn't bad, and it isn't a choice. Its strange that the nicest, most genuine people I know just so happen to be "bad" by choice. I challenge you to say one thing "bad" about it outside of your silly perversion of Christianity. And procreation? Well, we could stand to procreate a bit slower on this planet.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ahornsby

You have 3 gay people in your family,but you have to come on here to be educated????

The answer is...well,there isn't one straight answer.lol.

As some have pointed out on here,would you choose a life that would lead you to be verbally and physically abused on a regular basis?
Answer.Not a chance in hell would ya!

I'm a lesbian,and from the age i became sexually aware,i have been attracted to the same sex.

Many homosexuals are like this and this is why,i believe,you have the theory of being gay from birth;you've never ever been attracted to someone of the opposite sex.

Others at the age of sexual awareness find themselves originally attracted to both and then the attraction stays firmly on the same sex.

Some people can be straight all the life and will one day fall in love with someone of the same sex.This can also happen with those who have been gay all their life,they too can one day fall in love with someone of the opposite sex.

A small majority of ppl become gay because they were abused as a child and the thought of intimacy with someone of that gender is unthinkable.

And then you have those shallow ppl who will have sex,not a relationship,just sex,with someone of the same gender just because its cool and fashionable.

I think i may have overused the word sex.lol.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

Dressing like a woman is an act of cross-dressing, not homosexuality. In fact, cross dressers share almost the same rate of homosexuality as people who dress their gender.

Most people don't understand that a drag queen is a gay man who likes to dress in womens clothes,And a transvestite is a straight man who like to dress in womens lingerie/clothes.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

if the gay lifestyle is so great why is it that the gay persons life span is 25 years shorter than a hetrosexual persons, why is the alcoholism rates higher and suicide rates higher.

Do you also believe that listening to Elton John can make you gay??

People like you make me laugh my tits off!

Though i shouldn't because you have been so misinformed.

Suicide rates can be high for homosexuals because those that live in an enviroment where they are seen as a walking abomination find it hard to deal with such a thing.Being told that you're ill,diseased etc is not good for mental stability.

The same thing can happen because of other things not just gender.

All my cousin wanted to do was be an artist,but his mum and dad believed that it was a waste of time and that he had to go to uni and become a doctor like them.It didn't matter that he had the makings of a brilliant artist,they made his life unbearable,until he took it.......

Gays (or anyone else) who grow up in an atmosphere of acceptence are happy with who they are and are happy with the life they lead.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I believe, that it all comes down to: Are you happy? Are you happy with your lifestyle? Are you satisfied with your life? If not, then make the changes necessary to make you happy - so long that you aren't hurting anyone else. The word "Hurt" is a subjective term in this context.

On the internet, I am just another poster. I don't have any ties to any of you people - so you don't know me. I can be whoever I want to be, and I can say whatever I want to say (within the T&C). As soon as I start telling you about myself, I become a person. I could be Gay, Straight, Female, Male, White, Black, Orange, Purple...and it all comes down to: It doesn't matter. I am still a person, and I still have the right to be Happy.

I still bring up this question, and I still never get an answer: How is anyone's business, what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms?

My own answer to that question is: It's not. And Society needs to take a look at their own lives instead of trying to pry open their neighbors bedroom doors. It's never been your business which position is favored by your neighbors, anymore, than who they have sex with, or who they Love.

We need to open our eyes, we're all people. We all have the right to be happy. The Bible, applies to YOU if you believe it.

- Carrot

[edit on 7/24/2008 by CA_Orot]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahornsby
i believe that people are not born gay.

I believe you are an idiot.

the (natural order of things is male with a female).

Asexual Reproduction was the dominating method of reproduction prior to the Cambrian Explosion.

Also, in terms of natural order there is a massive amount of evidence for homosexuality in animals in the wild. So if anything is apart of the natural order it’s homosexuality.

if it were not then people would do what ever and we would not have been created to procreate.

We evolved, silly, and even if we were created that does not mean the creator could not have created some of us as homosexuals and some of us as heterosexual, just to spice things up a bit. The survival of the human race does not depend upon every single individual procreating.

i believe that people are born with a sinful nature and that we are all born with tendencies toward whatever inclination you are.

So, God creates someone people with defects just to mess with them?

and then we have a choice to be gay, alcoholic or ect. we have a choice to sin.

Oh great, being homosexual is the same as choosing to be an alcoholic. You. Arrogant. Ignorant. Prick.

now like i said people are born with the certain affinity to certain sins.

What sin are you born with an affinity to?

it what we do with that choice that makes us gay or not. i can choose to womanize and whore around but i dont.

Instead you spend your time posting ignorant and arrogant stuff on an internet forum? Jesus must be proud!

if homosexuality is not wrong why is there a controversy.

Why there is a controversy? Are you this dense?

There’s controversy because of religious fanatics such as your self has their head stuck up their ass and refuse to look away from your Bronze Age dogma.

its just the gay community trying to justify there sin. maybe there needs to be a homosexual anonymous.

Most homosexuals couldn’t care less about your perception of sin, because they don’t believe such a silly concept exists.

Do you need a homosexual anonymous group to live out your natural affinity to sin?

lol but this is all coming from a person who has 3 gay persons in my family. so are people born gay or not. the above is the compromise. please no haters any opinions welcome. educate me. but i think i just boiled it down.

LOL indeed you ignorant and arrogant waste of a human being. Freeing you from your deluded mind filled with wasteful dogma is probably an impossible task. Personally, I think being an idiot is a choice (as opposed to homosexuality), please stop being one!

[edit on 25-7-2008 by SilentGem]

[edit on 25-7-2008 by SilentGem]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

The use of the Bible to condemn gay people violates theological and scientific principles of translation and interpretation. It is theologically and academically unsound, indefensible, irresponsible and ignorant.

I normally do not get involved in these kinds of discussions.
I personally think using the Bible to condemn gays is an insult to the Bible.
Bad behavior is not condoned anywhere, but in the case of gays, there is no real evidence that people can change their orientation.
What someone does with this disability is up to them.
Obviously something like luring others away from their happy marriage in order to gratify a low form of desire, is not allowable and people who act like that should not be allowed to remain in good standing in the Christian community.
But short of something that glaring, we do not have to be judgmental and it is something between that person and God.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

we have a choice to be gay, alcoholic

You rrrreally need to look into things before posting - no one has EVER chosen to be an alcoholic. It just doesn't work that way.

You show a person a premonition of what his life will be 10 years into alcoholism (looking at himself in the furure, as looking at other alcholics does nil, per "that won't happen to me), do you really think that person is going to choose to be an alcoholic?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
For everyone using Christianity to justify homophobia here, you realise that that vast majority of the Earth's population doesn't share your religious belief, right? I'm bisexual, but I never chose to be. And while, you're correct, I choose to have sex with the men that I do and when I do, I don't choose to want to have sex with them, any more than I choose to want to have sex with the women I do. Every time you notice an attractive woman, do you think first "right, I'm gonna choose to fancy her and be straight"? And when you see a guy, do you think "He looks nice, but I'm choosing not to have an erection about it so that I won't be gay"?* Well, neither do I. Although I believe sexuality is a very fluid notion, I believe it's fluid in both directions. Consider it this way - could you choose to be gay? If sexuality really is so easy to choose, could you right now give up your heterosexual lifestyle and go gay? Hell, I'll make it easier, you wouldn't even have to have sex with anyone, you'd just have to stop feeling attracted to members of the opposite sex, and start fancying members of the same sex. Could you do it? It works that way for us, too. Also, since I don't consider homo- or bisexuality a sin, I wouldn't change even if I could. Because you're right about one thing - we do like who we are, for the most part. I enjoy my sexuality. I'd probably choose it if it actually were a choice, but then I'm sure you'd say the same thing about being straight. The really funny thing is, when you get close-minded gays who are heterophobic - some guys I know really get disgusted by watch a man kiss a woman. Yup, they get that same well-spring of negativity in their stomachs that you do when you watch us. We really are a lot more similar than you think. Of course, their prejudice is just as ridiculous as yours - "they haven't chosen to be straight," I say, " forgive them!"

EDIT: *Sorry about the androcentrism, I didn't mean to make any female haters feel left out.

[edit on 28/7/2008 by rexpop]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Well for those of Christianity using the "Homosexuality is a sin" argument, I guess I'll add in my two cents.

In the Bible it says tat god is all love, so therefore God would have to be the love between two people that harbor affections for each other.

Would that not also mean that if there is love between two men, then that would be a legitimate relationship in the eyes of God?

And yes, it is possible for two men ((or women)) to love each other just as a man and a woman.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join