It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI something just doesn't add up!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
This has been on my mind for some time now so I decided to put it out to see if anyone could help me out answering a few questions.

Firstly of all there is no doubt in my mind that extra terrestrial craft are roaming around in our solar system and indeed our airspace. So why doesn't SETI pick it up? a quick search on the internet will bring up countless of footage showing UFO'S in space so why hasn't SETI done its job and picked up the faintest of signals?

Secondly, Could it be that SETI is a cover up for something? could it be that the answer to what we are all asking is right under our nose? what if SETI is the traffic control to our airspace, monitoring all UFO activity around the world and being the eye in the sky and space.

Thirdly, Could it be that the SETI Institute is using home pc's with its applications for uses other than Searching for Extraterrestrial Intelligence

Lastly, Who funds SETI something just isn't right in my book

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
SETI@Home in particular searches for frequencies along what is know as the 'hydrogen line' - a part of the spectrum where an intelligence wishing to make its presence known would transmit.

It's a finite science and has picked up candidate signals, some of which have been proven to be false positives, others which are still being looked at.

UFOs, hypothetically speaking, would not make any communication that would let them be 'picked up' here on Earth.

They're two wildly different things.

SETI = a finite science.

UFO research = more or less fringe

There's no offense intended to UFO hunters, but that is what it breaks down to.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I have to agree with mattguy take on this.

I've been a member of SETI since 2001 and have been running frequency tracks on one of my computers.
There is an unbelievable amount of noise out there. I've have 9 hits through the years.
Yeah, it doesn't sound like much, but I'm doing what I can in the "Hard science" part of proving that ET is real.
[email protected]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   

UFOs, hypothetically speaking, would not make any communication that would let them be 'picked up' here on Earth.

I find this very hard to believe, especially after hearing from reputable personel that have stood before congress and said that USAF have been in communication with E.Ts for many years.

With all the technology we have nowadays and not forgetting all the radars that SETI have and still no signal come on you must see that something is going on. I am can't be the only one can I?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by wolf241e
I have to agree with mattguy take on this.

I've been a member of SETI since 2001 and have been running frequency tracks on one of my computers.
There is an unbelievable amount of noise out there. I've have 9 hits through the years.
Yeah, it doesn't sound like much, but I'm doing what I can in the "Hard science" part of proving that ET is real.
[email protected]

Do you honestly think, hand on heart that your helping SETI by running their computer program? and that if everyone in the world installed the software on their computer it would bring us that little step further to find intelligent life?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404
\
And why would that be so? Only a fool would keep radio silence and at the same time let himself photographed. The conclusion: our visitors are fools.

But fools are not capable of making interstellar flights. That let's you to solve a contradiction:

What if the aliens keep radio silence because they don't want to leave behind scientifically acceptable evidence of them roaming the solar system at will?

But what about the incriminating photographic evidence?

Well, just click on the website managed by the Royal Academy of Sciences to see if you find a pic of a UFO.

BTW, don't bring this subject up during the annual MUFON Conference. They'll shoot you for that.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
SETI is designed to pick up radio signals, the logic being that radio is the cheapest and simplest form of audio commucation we know of. The SETI designers figured that an intelligent life form would recognize this and utilize it for communication with distant planets. SETI dishes could theoretically pick up signals from places so far away that we could not travel to them with current (known) technology.

So, if there are indeed flying saucers buzzing around the earth, they wouldn't be picked up unless they came in on a radio signal.

Stanton Friendman is a vocal critic of SETI, you may want to check him out.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

I dunno, seems like the more eyes you have looking at the sky, the more likely you are to see something, and the more ears you have turned toards the sky, the more likely you are to hear something.
Now, for one thing, we don't know what frequency or wavvelength the alien craft are tranmitting and recieving on. A direct "Is anyone out there?" Is mor elikely to be picked up than covert chatter.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Now, for one thing, we don't know what frequency or wavvelength the alien craft are tranmitting and recieving on.

We don't but the powers that be do I would bet my life on that!

Come on though in reality we are talking advanced intelligent beings that can come and go as they please their technology supercedes us by thousands of years we are the meer pawn in the game of life, if SETI was legit and not a cover then they would have changed the Radars to some form of visual tracking like satelite cameras or something don't you think?

Radio is old technology we should be thinking something new!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

Well the aliens in their supposed craft that are supposed to be around Earth would obviously be smart enough not to transmit any communication on the hydrogen line, 1420MHz, where there are millions of computers generating almost 500 teraflops of computing power listening on that frequency, aren't they?

That would just be plain dumb.

Unfortunately for us, that is all SETI@Home is listening to.

It seems like a nice thing to make a conspiracy about, but everyone needs to read the factual scientific basis of what SETI@Home actually does before running around and condemning anyone that introduces logic into the argument.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404
reply to post by stander

Well the aliens in their supposed craft that are supposed to be around Earth would obviously be smart enough not to transmit any communication on the hydrogen line, 1420MHz, where there are millions of computers generating almost 500 teraflops of computing power listening on that frequency, aren't they?

That would just be plain dumb.

Unfortunately for us, that is all SETI@Home is listening to.

It seems like a nice thing to make a conspiracy about, but everyone needs to read the factual scientific basis of what SETI@Home actually does before running around and condemning anyone that introduces logic into the argument.

Then of course comes the argument that Aliens visting this solar system doesn't nesseraly have to communicate using radiosignals. They could use ways of communication unknow to us. SETI for a part comes acros to me to finding and other group of humans by looking if there a smokesignals cominhg up.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   

If everyone put there faith in science i.e waiting for someone to tell us something that we already know our life would be very different. Science is a joke when it comes to Ufology because its whitewashed. Ufology is a subject that creates titters and scoffs, within that particular field.

With the technology we have now if science wanted to prove that intelligent life really exists they could. Conspiracy or not

IMHO Bottom line is that SETI isn't helping the cause

[edit on 2-7-2008 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

How exactly would we be able to prove if there was advanced life or not, with the tech we have currently?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

How exactly would we be able to prove if there was advanced life or not, with the tech we have currently?

Where do I begin? First off I would suggest broadcasting live HD feeds from space to our televisions, through several channels pertaining to our country. Next I would suggest that NASA broadcast live uninterupted feed from there space craft or from a space station when on their missions.

Have you seen the footage on You Tube of the water being expelled in to space from the craft then a UFO pops in to take a look and then the camera operator quickly changes the aperature. Its a sorry state to try and defend the 'powers' that be

The truth is that 'they' know and aren't telling us IMO SETI is part of the lie The problem is the money its always the money

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

I find this very hard to believe, especially after hearing from reputable personel that have stood before congress and said that USAF have been in communication with E.Ts for many years.

Do you have a link to that?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Without getting to far away form the topic if you google The Discolsure Project and have a good old read also there are some good videos on You Tube that show each member individually. Also if you are lucky you can download the whole disclosure conference if you can find it.

Allegedly the USAF found a device amongst the wreckage at Roswell that they couldn't work out what it was. The ebe that they detained advised it was a communication device but didn't tell the scientists/researchers how to use until sometime later. Allegedly just before the ebe died it used the device to arrange contact between us and them. When he died allegedly contact was made, the meeting took place and thats when the treaties started.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pachinko
Stanton Friendman is a vocal critic of SETI, you may want to check him out.

ufos.about.com...

Billy: In your book, you refer to SETI as a cult. Can you explain that to us?

Friedman: Cults have charismatic leadership, strong dogma, strong resistance to outside ideas, and a enlarged notion of their own importance. They make claims rather than review evidence. They are looking for signals produced by an advanced civilization and constantly say there is no evidence for UFOs. They never refer to the large scale scientific studies that I discuss in "Flying Saucers and Science."

This guy is kicking himself in the butt so profoundly that he can't be possibly taken seriously by a collage graduate.

The widely used and accepted term "UFO believers" lives in the drawer labeled "Religions & Cults," not "Science." There is a difference between "believe" and "assume," as there is a difference between religion and science. It's apparent that Friedman is very unhappy with himself for having failed to become the "charismatic leader" to the UFO believers.

Stanton Friedman launched his forgotten-Roswell tirade after talking to Jesse Marcel back in 1978 who suddenly recalled things that he never mentioned before. A true scientist would be more than cautious accepting the altered tale, but Friedman built his case no-further-questions-asked style indicative to the way a priest would handle the new recollections. That's very likely why Stanton Friedman's book didn't leave lasting impression on those SETI folks -- if some of them even bothered to read it.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
...So why doesn't SETI pick it up?

1- Nothing was detected thuse far
2- It isn't listening on the right frequencies
3- It isn't scanning the right locations
4- cover up
5- etc, etc...

a quick search on the internet will bring up countless of footage showing UFO'S in space so why...

You'll find anything online, mostly misleading footage, and misinformed statements. I've been on ATS a long time and the number of credible and authenticated video footage is actually amazingly low.

hasn't SETI done its job and picked up the faintest of signals?

Space is huge...do a google for a video entitled "power of ten" to get an idea for the span of space to search..it isn't an easy job!

Secondly, Could it be that SETI is a cover up for something?

Imo, the cover-up angle has been played to death. Imo getting the scoop means even the slightest ufo on the MSM radar (pun intended) will get coverage (StephanVille Texas late last year and the number of CNN reports that generated).

Same with seti, there are a bunch of hard working folks there.
If you have questions, ask it in their forum.

setiathome.berkeley.edu...

And while you're at it, join the ATS team

setiathome.berkeley.edu...

currently at position 245 worldwide

boincstats.com...

Thirdly, Could it be that the SETI Institute is using home pc's with its applications for uses other than Searching for Extraterrestrial Intelligence

no.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightWulf
Then of course comes the argument that Aliens visting this solar system doesn't nesseraly have to communicate using radiosignals. They could use ways of communication unknow to us. SETI for a part comes acros to me to finding and other group of humans by looking if there a smokesignals cominhg up.

SETI is looking for an ET civilization that is virtually identical to ours. The search is based on certain, quite limited assumptions and it doesn't include the search for advanced civilizations for an obvious reason: we don't have the slightest idea about the communication technologies available some 50,000 years from now. But SETI fraudulently claims that the absence of a radio signal coming from a certain part of space is an indicative of no ET civilization residing there. The PhD's at SETI just can't admitt to the world that they don't have the tools to locate the advanced folks out there.

Most of the skepticism toward the UFO is influenced by the SETI search, and the skeptics can't free themselves from the mental slavery imposed by the SETI. Man's psyche has been always subservient to the opinion of title-holding potentates. That's the consequence of the simian DNA to human DNA transformation.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Same with seti, there are a bunch of hard working folks there.
If you have questions, ask it in their forum

There are a bunch of hard working people in the army but do they know what they are fighting for ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join