It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astonishing Footage of British Police chasing UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Havnt seen this film posted on ats.

Pretty amazing stuff!!!!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
yeah.... again.. why aren't we given the whole footage? It almost sounds like the narrator is about to say that they found out what it was >> nothing special and then the poster of the YT clip cut it off.

Off we go to hunt down the original footage. Must be somewhere on some news network.

EDIT:
In the night footage it appears to be flickering at the bottom, and you can only just make out the shape to be cylindrical. In the infrared it's obvious that it's cylindrical.
The reason that the whole shape is visible in infrared and not normal vision is because of the fire that burns inside is filling the lantern with heat, but not light all the way to the top.

I'd toss my money at this one:
Chinese cylindrical lantern

Here's a fleet of ufos close up:
Bleh

Lantern release party, they seem quite fast:
Video clip

[edit on 1/7/08 by flice]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
A police helicopter crew gave chase to a UFO after it almost collided with their aircraft near a military base.
The pilot was forced to bank sharply to avoid being hit by the mystery aircraft as the helicopter was returning to the Ministry of Defence base of St Athan, near Cardiff.

The three crew, who described the UFO as 'flying saucer-shaped', then gave chase, getting as far as the North Devon coast before they ran low on fuel, it was reported.

The police aircraft was hovering at 500ft and waiting clearance to land on June 7, when those onboard spotted the other craft hurtling towards them from below.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
That's pretty interesting. I'm hardly an expert when it comes to video, but I think it looks pretty genuine. What it is, however, is less certain. Distance in situations involving aircraft can be very hard to gauge, making size difficult to deduce.

Very interesting video!

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This is an old film of a Chinese lantern over Bristol.
It's not from June this year.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Damn

Sorry to burst your bubble, this is not the footage from Cardiff and the Police Helicopter, this was covered on ATS a few days back, this footage was shot over Brighton,(check out the Brighton pier in the background,) check the co-ordinates in the video they dont match Cardiff.

Im not sure when this footage was shot but it is a few years old sorry.

I want to see that footage so badly, but the Police will not release it, they are under pressure too but not yet, and chances are when we do get the real footage it will have been tampered with sadly.

[edit on 1/7/2008 by azzllin]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Thanks for clearing that up, thought it was a new video related to the recent sightings in the uk. I think the chinese lantens are proberbly the cause of a lot sightings lately.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This video has been around for at least a year.

It is one of my personal favorites...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Hi, lilsmurf

Existing thread:
Leaked UFO footage of Police Helicopter Chase
An article from BBC:

UFO film sparks fresh ET debate
Saturday 17 May, 2003

The images captured over the south coast were filmed by a police helicopter. The UFO was spotted travelling across the coast and was followed for about 10 miles.

None of the crew members on board the helicopter had seen anything like it before or since.

The footage has aroused the interest of UFO enthusiasts. So what could it be? Well, some people think it could be a balloon or some other simple explanation...

Watch actual footage taken by Brighton Police over the Sussex skies...

56k modem
ADSL

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It's very frustrating.

People have been talking a lot and getting very excited about the "massive increase in ufo's" but unfortunately, this is happening just as the Chinese lanterns have started to become increasingly popular in the United Kingdom

I've seen people on this site getting really het up, actually considering the possibility of an invasion. It's great that they have such fly-away (so to speak) imaginations but I wish they would be slightly more objective in their reasoning.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Objective and UFO enthusiasts are not usually two things that go together.
Living in Asia I am very familiar with Chinese lanterns and have set-off several myself. I can confirm they can move quite quickly in the air currents. when they fill with hot air they also gain altitude quickly and are quite impressive looking as flickering red lights in the distance, they can also fly quite high. Sometimes air currents catch them and bring them into line so a lot of people jump to the conclusion that they are flying in formation. They burn out after 10 minutes or so usually.

What UFO enthusiasts (I have the word believer) need to do is to concentrate more on the sightings that are harder to explain, daylight sightings, metallic solid object sightings, fast rotating revolving sightings, sightings involving some type of ionisation and plasma.
These sightings are worth the quality of a 1000 sightings of luminous objects floating in the sky.

When I post about this people always say 'but you shouldn't limit yourself so arbitrarily to this subset'. I have to answer that if you cannot rule out the obvious fact that most of these slow moving luminous objects are chinese lanterns or small aircraft you are just damaging your own cause and confusing the situation. There have been a few sightings of metallic rotating discs in the UK recently and it's these sightings that are gold standard material.

Of course a lot o fUFO enthusiasts want to 'believe' and don't like to get disappointed. Let's face it folks, the chance of seeing a real honest to goodness disc/cigar metallic UFO is pretty darn low, so lots of people get excited about UFOs and like to claim that anything they see flotating around is a possible 'out of this world' UFO, to join the club so to speak.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by ManInAsia]

top topics

join