It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Patriotism Speech

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
I don't feel like I need a shower, but I certainly need a handful of Ibuprofen! Some of these Obam threads give me a serious migraine!

Thanks LLoyd, I'm glad you agree, but unless Ibuprofen is good for opening minds it may not help those that need it the most.

BTW, Obama thread or not, I think you may still need that shower.

edit to add: and yes that was just a joke.

[edit on 7/2/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Three cheers for you LLoyd!!! Someone final got it right. usa today has a great article titled "Obama's real patriotism problem." The answer, simply his undeniable pessimism. Here are a few quotes, followed by the link. Regarding his refusal to wear his flag pin. " I decided I won't wear that pin
on my chest. Instead, Im going to try to tell the American people what I believe will make this country great and, hopefully, that will be a testimony to my patriotism." O.k. some may say it's his opinion and he's entitled, but I happen to think my country already is great. "I am absolutely certain that generations from now , we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs for the jobless." I'm sorry have we never cared for the sick in this country before or provided jobs for the jobless. He protrays America as a country in need of a total makeover. We are damaged goods and only our precious Barry O. can fix us. Don't get me wrong America is having some difficulties and we need to make some changes, but come on, what country has not faced turbulent times in the course of history. Saint Barrack is many things but a Patriot, I beg to differ. Now for all you doubters out there here is the link blogs.usatoday.com...

[edit on 3-7-2008 by paxnatus]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

So you claim that Obama should feel proud for a country that is despised by the rest of the world?

Obama should feel proud of a country that allows big business to ruin the middle class?

Obama should feel proud of a country that still clings to racial and economic stereotypes in the highest forms of government?

from the article link you posted above

obama said

"What I believe will make this country great."

That is what leaders do. A leader doesnt simply fill the shoes of his or her predecessor when they come into power, unless the gears are all working prior to.

American gears aren't working.
There's about 300,000,000 wrenches thrown in the clockwork of the American system and each one of them is an american citizen. We were chucked in there by our government, so that we could go to war, spend trillions on war, get more oil, charge more for the oil, and then issue tax refunds

spend spend spend spend spend spend spend

Its like a little kid with their mothers check book. Im sure you've heard that before
"mom, you have money - you have checks!"

No different than Bush.

So what does Obama have to be proud of?

What has America done?

We started the war on terorrism. Which i believe is somethign that the entire world should be in on, but hey, pipe dreams.

However, we mucked it up by invading Iraq. Did Sadamn have WMD's? We'll never know now, because we waited for so long to invade.

Bush administration has signed in new legislation that prohibit HARD WORKING middle class americans from getting a second chance in the financial aspects. By changing the bankruptcy law, its not virtually impossible to get out of trouble and get a second chance.

Guess who wrote that new law on bankruptcy?

You really should go rent Maxed Out: Hard times if you feel as though middle class Americans arent suffering.

Should obama be proud of an America that supports racial bigotry?
Regardless of the fact that Obama is not muslim, why is it that a vast majority of his opposition uses the idea against him? What is so wrong with being muslim?

Sometimes, the best kind of patriot is the kind of patriot that protects the US constitution from its own government.

If you blindly agree with everything the government tells you - and believe that anyone who challenges as such, is not a patriot, then it is you who is the pawn of doom. It is you who is crumbling this country, and it is you who is the "sheeple" whatever the *snip* that word means.

I'll just call it sheep, because "le" makes absolutely no sense.

If you truely think Barack Obama does not embody what the American people are looking for, then i truely feel sorry for you.

Someone needs to stand up for those with no legs in this world
Someone needs to defend the helpless from the powers that be
Someone needs to start the change that this country is needed

I'm a white guy, and ill be the first to admit this

Black people have brought about some of the best changes in America that this country has ever seen.

Rosa parks fought against segregation.

Martin Luther King fought the notion of everything racism.

Thurgood Marshall fought from the highest court in the country

Louis Armstrong was able to destroy the notion of color through his music

Miles Davis has done the same

Bill Cosby speaks out to the troubled black people from whence 'white minded' stereotypes are formed from. He yearns to fix the problems faced by lower-class blacks in this country, despite the ridicule he faces from his own skin color

and guess what other thing all of these people have in common?
Not a single one of them had an immediate impact on anything.

They all started a sort of revolution all in their own respect.
The day after Rosa Parks refused to move, you didnt see black people and white people setting together.

It took time. But she started it.

The day after MLK jr's speech, you didnt see white and black holding hands, and working along side each other.

It took time. But he started it. and paid the ultimate price as well.

People are neurotic anymore and expect obama's "CHANGE" to be "now now now"

Think of the man what you will. Among other things, he speaks the truth when he talks about racial issues in this country.

If you would allow yourself to be open to his ideas, you may see exactly how wrong you've been this entire time.

and that is what a leader does. A leader finds the issues and does his or her best to fix them.

A leader isnt God. Only God is God. Obama is not God, so do not expect 'miraculous change' over night. That is a biased expectation based on the desire for him to fail.

A leader takes us where we dont want to go, because its the best destination for the country. A leader will battle ridicule despite what some people will say, because they believe that one day - people years from now - will look back and say

"I'm really glad that this man fought so hard for change."

It only takes one person to spark an idea. An idea for 'change' is exactly what we need.

This is why Barack Obama is my choice to lead this country, among other reasons. And it is also why i hope you'll open your eyes and see that he should be your choice too.

[edit on 7/3/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

So you claim that Obama should feel proud for a country that is despised by the rest of the world?

Overstatement,

Anyway why would I want everyone to love me?
That would mean I have no guts, no hutspa, no strength of conviction,
It would make me an appeaser and a hypocrite,

hmmmmmmm?
Sounds just like Obama

[edit on 073131p://bThursday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Overstatement,

Anyway why would I want everyone to love me?
That would mean I have no guts, no hutspa, no strength of conviction,
It would make me an appeaser and a hypocrite,

That is just an ignorant statement

"why woudl i want everyone to love me?"

its not about love. Its about respect.

Does anyone despise Iceland in the world? No - hardly - because Iceland keeps to themselves.

Does anyone despise Switerzland? Very few. Because they keep to themselves

same with germany, poland, and many others.

My question to you is - why would you WANT everyone to despise you?

You claim overstatement. You didnt even read my entire post.

All the nations of the world mock the US of A because of our governments overzealous thirst for blood, among other things.

There are some people in each nation that woudl support a pointless war, just like there are people in this country who support it as well.

Doesnt mean its right.

What the *snip* happened to afghanistan?

Now - instead of talking about going back to Afghanistan, we're talking about North Korea and Iran.

Seems to me like someone just wants to play with his army toys like a 2 year old on the kitchen floor.

*pictures Bush saying 'vroooom vrooom' with a sold green tank full of plastic army men *

I overstated?

You understate. Everything you post. You read one line an dsay "HES FOR OBAMA HES WRONG"

cmon dude. Get your head out of your *snip* and realize that the world isnt centered around you.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
As I read the transcript only one thing keeps running through my mind. It is something that was said to me many many moons ago by a much older and wiser man than I..."Just cause he says it, doesn't make it so"

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

"So what does Obama have to be proud of?

What has America done? "

Andrew, did you really post these things? Seriously??? SERIOUSLY!? Any respect I had for you just went down the toilet if this is really how you believe.

I can give you a hundred thousand reasons why I am proud of this country and they all serve in the military in one way or another.

But let's answer YOUR question. Why should Obama be proud of this country? What does he have to be proud of?

1. Obama grew up in a country where he was able to choose his own religion
2. Obama grew up in a country where he was able to speak freely about his own ideals
3. Obama lives in a country where he was able to be elected to a position in Congress as one of the 10% of African American people that make up Congress
4. Obama lives in a country where he is guaranteed protection of civil rights under the Constitution of the United States
5. Obama lives in a country that won't kill him for not wearing the flag on his person
6. Obama lives in a country whose economy has allowed him to do very well for himself and his family, affording him and his family three meals a day, a roof over his head and the essentials of living
7. Obama lives in a country that says "not only are we ready to entertain the idea of a female president we are ready to entertain the idea of a black president as well"
8. Obama grew up in a country where everyone regardless of race or gender has the right to vote

I could on and on and on!!!

Holy crap, the sheer arrogance of such a statement - "what does Obama have to be proud of? What has America done?" I really can't believe an intelligent man would say that ...

My God, if those words represent the feelings of all of Obama's party then he and his party really have no business running this country!

[edit on 3-7-2008 by sos37]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

1. Obama grew up in a country where he was able to choose his own religion
2. Obama grew up in a country where he was able to speak freely about his own ideals
3. Obama lives in a country where he was able to be elected to a position in Congress as one of the 10% of African American people that make up Congress
4. Obama lives in a country where he is guaranteed protection of civil rights under the Constitution of the United States
5. Obama lives in a country that won't kill him for not wearing the flag on his person
6. Obama lives in a country whose economy has allowed him to do very well for himself and his family, affording him and his family three meals a day, a roof over his head and the essentials of living
7. Obama lives in a country that says "not only are we ready to entertain the idea of a female president we are ready to entertain the idea of a black president as well"
8. Obama grew up in a country where everyone regardless of race or gender has the right to vote

Yep. All of those are true. Obama accomplished all of that himself. However, as you point out, only 10 % of congress made up by Black people.

Freedom of religion - from a government who tells us we can't pray to a christian God in school

Freedom of speech - from a government who Arrests 80 year old men for not removing a tee shirt.

Just because life is cozy in your neck of the woods doesnt mean it rings true for the majority of America. You are comfortable with your surroundings, good for you. But what for those who dont have it as well off as you do?

*snip* Them?
Tell them to *snip* off?

Really. Who's going to do something for them? Im not saying GIVE them money. I'm not saying GIVE them a job. I am saying create chances for them to GET money. Create chances for them to GET a job that doesnt have a dead end to it.

You are a typical white american. You think since your life is so cozy - that it should be the same for everyone else.

But its not.

That is part of the change that i see Obama believes in.

I lost your respect?
Big deal. I could care less if i had it in the first place.
You blindly go against the ideals that Obama has laid before you to say "this is who i am"

and for what reasons? So far in this post you've described its for reasons of his religion. Though im almost positive there are more sinister reasons to it.

You say Obama should be proud of 'rights' that white americans have been indulging since 1776.

So yeah- Obama, the first black presidential nominee. HE can be proud of that. Name one other black person who can boast the same.

This country needs to pull its head out of its *snip* and shape up.

War will not change a persons ideals.
It never has. It never will.

So why go to WAR in the first place?

We've heard, countless times, Bush say that we're fighting an enemy who has no name. It doesnt have a heart we can strike like Nazi Germany with Hitler. If you kill OSB, you still havent changed any of the radical islamists' opinions about America. You have only emboldened their hatred, and martyred their unofficial leader.

Go ahead and cling to your 'conservative' ways. Its easy to cling to the past, when your past is not filled with ridicule, grief, misery, bigotry, and oppression.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Andrew, slow down! Did you even read the article? Apparently not. There is a huge difference in "patriotic reform" and reformation. I suggest
you go back and read!!! Why is it always the one who makes accusations regarding race the one who also tries to divide people along racial lines??
Saint Barack hung out with one of the biggest racist for over twenty years
Here is a quote from non racist christ Obama. "bitter working class rural voters won't embrace him because they "cling" to God, guns and bigotry"
That statement is inflammatory and is geared to stir up dissention between races. Is this really the man you want leading you? This country was founded on democracy by the people FOR the people. Are you gonna have a voice when according to Michelle Obama she insists that " Barack will MAKE you "work" for change and that he will "DEMAND that YOU, too, be different." I don't want a POTUS who is gonna DEMAND anything from me! I put this person in office, he works for ME not the other way around.

Face it the guy is a MARXIST through and through!!!!
You really need to put that kool-aid down. For someone that just told me only God can be God, you are idolizing your Barry as if he were the Messiah!! Honestly, please tell me how this great man of yours is going to provide health care for every American who has ever been ill and of course never ever seen a doctor: that is because we are a third world country according to good ole B.O. Can you Andrew please explain what he is going to do about our healthcare system, and HOW he is going to do
it? For that matter How is he going to pull all of our troops out of Iraq at ONE time safely? He has no clue!!! keep following and worshiping your idol
in your hypnotic trance! I hear Putin has plenty of room in his country!! You would fit in nicely there!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
Really. Who's going to do something for them? Im not saying GIVE them money. I'm not saying GIVE them a job. I am saying create chances for them to GET money. Create chances for them to GET a job that doesnt have a dead end to it.
So you want more affirmative action? When will the reverse discrimination end? Hom much more of an advantage should we give minority populations? 40+ years of inequality hasn't been enough?

You are a typical white american. You think since your life is so cozy - that it should be the same for everyone else.

But its not.
Now if that comment doesn't reek of racism and stereotyping I don't know what does! Typical White person.. Please describe to me what that entails. Not all White people are rich, not all White people live in upperclass neighborhoods, and not all White people have had the advantage of college.

That is part of the change that i see Obama believes in.
Where will he get all the money to fund these entitlement programs? I can tell you where, from the working man's tax dollars, which he'll obviously have to increase. We already have a 9 trillion dollar deficit, yet he wants to spend more? It doesn't sound very fiscally responsible to me. What about you?

So yeah- Obama, the first black presidential nominee. HE can be proud of that. Name one other black person who can boast the same.
I thought Jesse Jackson was a black man? I even voted for him.

[edit on 7/3/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

Now if that comment doesn't reek of racism and stereotyping I don't know what does! Typical White person.. Please describe to me what that entails. Not all White people are rich, not all White people live in upperclass neighborhoods, not all White people have had the advantage of college.

Definition of typical

1. of the nature of or serving as a type or representative specimen.
2. conforming to a particular type.
3. Biology. exemplifying most nearly the essential characteristics of a higher group in natural history, and forming the type: the typical genus of a family.
4. characteristic or distinctive: He has the mannerisms typical of his class.
5. pertaining to, of the nature of, or serving as a type or emblem; symbolic.

from websters.com

Show me, where in that definition, it says 'typical' encompasses ALL things of a given argument. Typical doesnt refer to ALL white people. A typical white person is one that says "i got here on my own, so can black people"

I, myself, worked very hard to get to where i am today, and did not moan and groan to get here. I have lost things in the past due to affirmative action. "Affirmative Action" is a double edged blade, that i believe needs thrown away, and something new come into play.

Whats the difference though?
"typical" white people can't see the forst for the tree's

There is a wealth in white america that exists because of the oppression of black people before us. White ancestors prospered and passed on their wealth, generation after generation, while black people slowly began to work their way into the economical structure of this company.

TYPICAL white people say "i got here on my own"

But typical white people wouldnt hire 'typical' black people for a job at a local store looking for assistant manager, because "gasp, he might rob the place"

Sorry you need such clear clarification on "typical white person" Sorry it hurts you so bad when the truth comes to light, but the fact is that most White americans dont give a good damn about black americans, and vice versa. And its both based on skin color. That has to stop.

So yeah- Obama, the first black presidential nominee. HE can be proud of that. Name one other black person who can boast the same.I thought Jesse Jackson was a black man? I even voted for him.

Yeah- and Jesse Jackson really stood a chance. Its kind of funy that you dislike Obama for the very things Jesse Jackson stands for.

If any one person has said racially biased comments about white people - its jesse jackson. So either you're lying to try and appear "unbiased" - or the biggest hypocrite i've ever met.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Obama's words?

""bitter working class rural voters won't embrace him because they "cling" to God, guns and bigotry" "

They are true.

Through and Through.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Luxifero

Perhaps we should declare our support for men who write their own speeches without the aid of marketing experts whose soul purpose is cater speeches around perceived reception, and not around substance. What makes Obamas speeches less important are that they make him sound like more of a political pragmatist and not a true honest candidate.

There are politicians who write their own speeches???
Care to name names....

Oh, one name I found WAS Obama.

Favreau and Obama rapidly found a relatively direct way to work with each other. "What I do is to sit with him for half an hour," Favreau explains. "He talks and I type everything he says. I reshape it, I write. He writes, he reshapes it. That's how we get a
finished product.

"It's a great way to write speeches. A lot of times, you write something, you hand it in, it gets hacked by advisers, it gets to the candidate and then it gets sent back to you. This is a much more intimate way to work."
SOURCE

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Definition of typical

1. of the nature of or serving as a type or representative specimen.
2. conforming to a particular type.
3. Biology. exemplifying most nearly the essential characteristics of a higher group in natural history, and forming the type: the typical genus of a family.
4. characteristic or distinctive: He has the mannerisms typical of his class.
5. pertaining to, of the nature of, or serving as a type or emblem; symbolic.

from websters.com

Show me, where in that definition, it says 'typical' encompasses ALL things of a given argument. Typical doesnt refer to ALL white people. A typical white person is one that says "i got here on my own, so can black people"

ster·e·o·type
n.
1. A conventional, formulaic, and oversimplified conception, opinion, or image.
2. One that is regarded as embodying or conforming to a set image or type.
3. Printing A metal printing plate cast from a matrix molded from a raised printing surface, such as type.
tr.v. ster·e·o·typed, ster·e·o·typ·ing, ster·e·o·types
1. To make a stereotype of.
2. To characterize by a stereotype: "Elderly Americans are the neglected sector of the fashion industry, stereotyped by blue hair and polyester pantsuits" American Demographics.
3. To give a fixed, unvarying form to.

Source

They sound pretty similar don't they? Substitute "White" for "Black" and you'd hear people howling about racism.

I, myself, worked very hard to get to where i am today, and did not moan and groan to get here. I have lost things in the past due to affirmative action. "Affirmative Action" is a double edged blade, that i believe needs thrown away, and something new come into play.
People who really want equally don't ask for an advantage. They prefer to be judged on the merit of their abilities and credentials, not their skin color or ethnicity. I agree, it should be done away with.

Whats the difference though?
"typical" white people can't see the forst for the tree's
You can't help but let your true colors shine through, can you?

There is a wealth in white america that exists because of the oppression of black people before us. White ancestors prospered and passed on their wealth, generation after generation, while black people slowly began to work their way into the economical structure of this company.
I got gypped! My ancestors didn't leave me squat!

TYPICAL white people say "i got here on my own"
Really? You know that for a fact?

But typical white people wouldnt hire 'typical' black people for a job at a local store looking for assistant manager, because "gasp, he might rob the place"
That's amazing given the number of Black managers and administrators I've seen.

Sorry you need such clear clarification on "typical white person" Sorry it hurts you so bad when the truth comes to light, but the fact is that most White americans dont give a good damn about black americans, and vice versa. And its both based on skin color. That has to stop.
It doesn't hurt me, because I don't see it as being true. If you think someone should kiss your butt due to your skin color be it white, black, red, or yellow.. you're in for a big disappointment. Respect is earned.

Yeah- and Jesse Jackson really stood a chance. Its kind of funy that you dislike Obama for the very things Jesse Jackson stands for.

If any one person has said racially biased comments about white people - its jesse jackson. So either you're lying to try and appear "unbiased" - or the biggest hypocrite i've ever met.
Ahhh.. now you remember who he is. Jackson is racially biased, but at the time I didn't want to believe it. So you admit Obama is racist too?

I was listening more to his words rather than looking at his past deeds, much as most Obama supporters are doing now. The more things change, the more they stay the same..

[edit on 7/3/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

ew. I'm bitter.....toward my government
I live in a rural area. I work.. a lot for that matter.
I believe in God but am human and sin from time to time
I have no gun to cling on to except the one between my leg
I am not a bigot. Hispanic yes. Bigot..no senor..not me

I would have no problem embracing him if he can demonstrate to me how he will restore America. Same goes for any candidate. I don't give a dang what color they are.

I guess this is not true nor through and through. As they say on that show this myth is busted. You can't categorize everybody into one group.

Forgot to tell you that I am legal voter too.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by jam321]

[edit on 3-7-2008 by jam321]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Actually funny you should mention that. I'm assistant manager for a large store and the manager has hired 7 black males over the past 12 months to entry level positions and all but one were caught on the video cameras stealing things and we had to call police on all 6 of them and they are now all in jail.
The manager even confided to me that she doesn't want to hire black people any more but she has to because it's against the law to discriminate based on skin color. It might be a bit racist for her to say that, but is it really wrong, she is just trying to protect her store?

That ticks me off though that you can't discriminate based on skin color but you can discriminate based on other things. Like I'm a short person, and I tried getting hired to a job once and they flat out told me I'm too short of a person and won't be hired. The person doing the interview even laughed at me and called me a "shorty". It's not like it was a job where I had to reach high or anything, it involved heavy lifting and they thought because I am short that I can't lift heavy things.

Funny with the recently American's with Disabilities act that was passed by congress, you can't discriminate against disabled or handicapped persons when hiring, but being short is of course not considered a disability even though it really should be. As a short person it is a lot harder to do things in this world that was designed for tall people.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by OrangeAlarmClock]

[edit on 3-7-2008 by OrangeAlarmClock]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OrangeAlarmClock

Your whole post had NOTHING to do with Obama's patriotism.
We are all a little dumber for reading it.

Please stay on topic or start a "I'm short and racist" thread.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

O.k. Andrew, you have yet to explain the questions I posed directly to you,
in my last post. How is Obama going to solve our healthcare crisis? How is he going to widthdrawal all of our troops, at one time, safely from Iraq? There is so much rhetoric regarding drawing racial lines, in your post, one would not know where to begin. I challenge you to explain to me why a creep like Father Flegher who is as racist as they come, speaks to the parishoners at Trinity United church; the church Obama associated himself
with for at least 20 years? Now tell me Obama is not running a race based campaign. He is a separatist not a patriot! So what does that make
you Andrew? You are blindly following this man who seeks to futher divide
America! Sounds real patriotic to me.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Obama's words?

""bitter working class rural voters won't embrace him because they "cling" to God, guns and bigotry" "

They are true.

Through and Through.
From a racist, Afrocentric point of view they may be, but to the average White person, they're simply offensive and an attempt at stereotyping those who disagree with him.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

So what does Obama have to be proud of? ]

You are kidding, right? Try all these in another country and see how far you get! It all comes together in America. We arent perfect, but we are among the best that there is!

- Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Willingness to adapt to change
- Ability to self- critique and change for the better
- Freedom of speech (which includes the internet)
- Freedom of religion
- Freedom of education
- Freedom to choose a career.
- Technological innovations
- Our superpower status
- Our work ethic ( 5% of the world population but ¼ of global productivity)
- Victory in the Cold War without firing a shot
- Passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1991
- Supreme Court includes Ruth Bader Ginsburg and is open to women
- The Senate and House include men and women of all races and creeds.
- Judges include men and women of all races and creeds.
- No ‘religion police’ roaming the streets beating women and ‘violators’
- America’s lunar missions and our space research – like Mars landings.
- Right to bear arms to protect yourself and your family
- Voluntary military (not forced military service!)
- Generosity to the poor both in America and overseas
- America gives shelter to immigrants and political refugees.
- Woman’s rights such as voting and the right to wear what we want
- Minorities rights legally backed.
- Child welfare laws – children can’t work in sweat shops
- We don’t have slavery – unlike Africa, Asia, and parts of Eastern Europe.
- America’s part in bringing down the Berlin Wall – Nov 9, 1989
- Every American child gets a free education
- The right to an attorney
- The right o a fair trial
- The right to a jury of your peers
- The right to travel anywhere in this country you wish.
- The right to leave this country to visit other countries.
- The BILL OF RIGHTS
- The US Constitution
- We have abundant food in our grocery stores. MANY countries do not!
- The FDA which helps protect the American food supply.
- Our advancements in medicine.
- Our advancements in technology.
- Americans generosity to those suffering – like during the Tsunami
- Americans volunteer more than any other citizen group in the world.
- The American Red Cross
- Alex’s Lemonade Stand
- Volunteer fire fighters
- EMTs and Ambulance personnel.
- Sandra Day O’Conner
- Little League Baseball
- Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts of America
- Foster Grandparent programs
- Foster Families
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters
- The Peace Corps
- “Hospital Grandparents” who volunteer to rock crack babies.

- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center researchers Michael Brown and Joseph Goldstein, who shared the 1985 Nobel Prize in Medicine, discovered cholesterol manufacture and metabolism in the body, and this paved the way for the development of statin drugs that possibly save the lives of millions of people around the world from premature death and disability via cardiovascular disease.

- Tod Beamer and the other flight 93 passengers who were willing to die in order to save others.

- Being a hockey fan I just gotta add – the 1980 US Olympic Hockey Team!

-The PEACEFUL passing of power from one presidential administration to the next. Peaceful transition of political power doesn’t happen everywhere.

- Michelle Obama, a black woman, went to an Ivy League school FOR FREE paid for by the American Tax payer. She has a job that pays $300,000 a year. He should be proud that happens in America.

ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join