It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Patriotism Speech

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

He personally fought for that right and has the right to feel that way. And you may call it racist but I call it memories. Memories that will never fade. Memories of Americans, including himself, being tortured and killed in a war that nobody wanted. A war that still haunts Vietnam veterans up to this very day. My hat goes off to all of them. I understand the word gook. He is talking about the enemy, not about the Vietnamese people. Huge difference.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

No. Its not a huge difference.
Slur is a Slur is a Slur.

So if you understand it for McCain

would you agree that its okay for Rev. Wright, Rev. Sharpton, and Rev. Jackson to say the things they say about White America and the U.S. Government?

1.) John McCain saw horrors i'll never see. This is true. But black people in the 50's and 60's saw horrors i'll never see as well. How is one of them more traumatic than the other?

2.) As i said earlier, i was robbed at knife point by a black man. Does that give me the right to use the n-word?

3.) How do you rank what is traumatic to some and not to others? Some vietnam vets gave their all, and came home to slander and a country that hated them. McCain came home to a bunch of medals. Some vietnam vets have mental issues they will never get over, McCain seems quite normal in comparison.

If McCain would say "what i said was wrong. I should not hold hate in my heart" then i'd say fine, move on, and leave it be.

McCain is a christian. Christianity teaches forgiveness. If McCain can't even give it a shot to follow the teachings of his own religion, and at the very least not publically speak about his bigotry, then how can we give him credit for anything he's done?

I've said this before, but people avoided it. So many you'll answer it for me.

Charles Whitman was a marine. Arguably, Charles Whitman had a troubled life. Arguably, his troubled life is what led him to murder all those people with the skills he learned in the marines.

Does Charles Whitman get a free pass too, since he was in the military?
Does Charles Whitman get a free pass too, since he was mentally insane, rather be it to his upbringings, or to an alleged tumor in his brain?

Does it make it "okay" for charles whitman to murder?

Rev's Wright, Sharpton, and Jackson all witnessed horror's too. Does that make it "okay" when the blast white people and white america, and blast the U.S. Government?

Cmon man. Double standards are the glutenous choice of ignorant people who choose to blindly follow the leader.

You dont want to be a glutenous sheep do you?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

He personally fought for that right and has the right to feel that way. And you may call it racist but I call it memories. Memories that will never fade.

Um.....Kinda like the Confederacy???

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I love a good debate but what bothers me is that the anti Obama people on here simply start a thread attacking obama or join a thread about obama and once they are proven to be intellectually circumcised or in some cases morally bankrupt they simply run off to another thread to start the same thing over again.

If truth is what you seek and you find the answer do you go elsewhere to find the truth. Maybe you weren't seeking truth to begin with.

I must say I enjoy watching Andrew E. Wiggin and Benevolent Heretic make a fool of those obama haters that seek nothing but to prove that he's something he's not. To those against obama that asked logical and thought provoking questions I enjoy reading those as well.

I would vote for mccain but he scares me and I don't like war as I believe all life is important. I also do not believe he's 100% up there.

I would vote for obama but he scares me as well as I believe he will add to the economic problem this country has. At this time all the spending i hear he proposes will be too much.

This is simply my little rant and nothing more.

Here's to hoping Ron Paul decides to run again in the next election and win against Obama if he's elected or Mccain if he's elected. (Yes I know Mccain is a republican as Ron Paul).

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Listen, let's not get into religion, because no matter what religion anyone is we all tend to backslide or do immoral things that are against the religion we believe in.
Second, we went from his slur that describes his Vietnam experience to Jesse Jackson etc. Personally, McCain and others have fought wars so that these individuals may have the right to to voice their opinion any way they see fit. That doesn't mean that I have to agree. Most of these people who do all this trash talking usually twist what people say anyway. Facts are what I care about. Jesse screams about blacks being profiled, is this a fact or opinion. It's a fact. it can be proven. If Jesse says all white police only stop black people then it's an opinion. I care only about facts and dismiss the rest.

Here people also tend to make things bigger than what they really are. Besides that one little quote, where are the rest of the times he called people gooks. and then you compare McCain racial slur to a murderer (Whitman) who was never even in combat. Makes no sense. There is no double standard. Have you never used a derogatory remark? If so, would that qualify you as a racist. On top of that McCain said it directly to the media. Don't you think that a racist person would not be so public with their comments especially if they are a Senator in the USA.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

ALL other things put aside
you have, on numerous occasions, said its OKAY for John McCain to use racially hateful rhetoric because he was in vietnam.

You accuse me of going off topic by bringing up Rev Jessie Jackson, etc

I disagree with anything sharpton, jackson, and wright say about white people when its put in negative context. I dont think the govt created aids, and i dont think white people are out to get black people

that being said

i also dont think John McCain should use racial slurs. I dont give a *snip* if he was in WW 1, 2, vietnam, and grenada. Doesnt give him a right to verbally attack people of a different race.

ESPECIALLY if he's going to be running for the most PRESTIGIOUS office in the land.

John McCain is a bigot.

If you fail to see that, i truely, honest to God feel sorry for you

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

So, as a final hoorah- to squash your arguments completely

1.) You have challenged me to bring forth "when john mccain said a racist word after vietnam" - I produced your answer

you didnt acknowledge it, instead you decided to switch gears and say it wasnt an issue.

You say:

He personally fought for that right and has the right to feel that way. And you may call it racist but I call it memories.

in response to when i talk about "racial slurs are not appropriate for anyone"

you condone racism because McCain fought in a war? Cmon man. Maybe you should rethink your political and intellectual infrastructure, because it seems to be crumbling around you.
Wars have been fought to end forms of racism. though they were not successful 100% - at least you don't see white men owning black slaves in cotton fields anymore.

Listen, let's not get into religion, because no matter what religion anyone is we all tend to backslide or do immoral things that are against the religion we believe in.

We will get into religion, because as it pertains to your side of the argument, McCains religion is important.
McCain rallies as a Christian, yet can't let go of his hate and bigotry. That says something about his commitments, i do believe. He's voted against a black holiday, and voted against any programs set forth to benefit black people. He votes against poor people. He votes against anyone who's different than he is. I CANNOT WAIT for my official debate here on ATS. I am itching to unleash HELL with the information i have

So far

Every question you've asked anyone of us - we've answered it.

You have yet to answer a single one of ours.

You dance around the questions - attempt to change teh subject

and competely change course once your "questions" get answered and your assertions become debunked.

[edit on 7/2/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Obama is a black sepratist racist. All of you sheeple that think he will be a great president because of speaches are clueless.

This guy, along with his wife, blame the white male for all the worlds problems and would like nothing more than to eliminate the "problem".

McCain is a joke, he wants amnesty for all illegals, no border fence and an american union. Either way, we are all screwed in the end.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by stinkhorn

You know what is hilarious?

Your issues with both candidates are race related.
I think that says something about your character .... :shk:

Name ONE thing that Barack Obama has done that shows he blames white people for black problems.

I'll be awaiting your response, if you can find time after the klan meeting.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

You know what, I dont care. Black should start blaming their own that sold them into slavery, my relatives lived in norway and didnt come here until being invaded by Hitler.

Do I care about black plight, racism or any other excuse, no, I do not. Obama will lie, cheat and steal his way into the whitehouse, the people he calls friends are all crooks. I live in Chicago by the way, i know the politics that go on here. He is a former crack dealer, his list of friends include a homegrown terrorist, a thief and swindeler, a racist preacher, a racist, affirmative action recieveing wife.

I live my own life and do not bother anyone, racism is in all of us in one way or another, that come from our tribal days. Do I care, no.

You think that you are better than anyone else because you love the black man? LOL, get over yourself and them. Treat everyone equally, get rid of affirmative action. Why is it that the KKK is always brought up? I do not belong to that group, nor would I ever, they are redneck hicks.

Yet, it seems the KKK get mentioned all the time. My neihbors are black, they have even been to my christmas parties, do I treat them any different, no, I dont. They never sold crack on the south side of Chicago either.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by stinkhorn

He is a former crack dealer

:shk:

You have said everything we need to know about your intelligence and character.

Thank you for making it so easy.

Anyone else care to challenge the issues? Or are we just going to bash black people and asian people some more?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Asian bashing, where do you get that?

I am not bashing blacks, just the obamasia. Come to Chicago, come to the southside, lets see if you live more than 10mins walking around.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by stinkhorn

Asian bashing, where do you get that?

I am not bashing blacks, just the obamasia. Come to Chicago, come to the southside, lets see if you live more than 10mins walking around.

I am not sure if this is a 'threat' or a 'challenge'

what does the south side of Chicago have anythign to do with politics?

I think you lost me in your klan talk man. You've been bashing on every ethnicity since you got here, except for white people.

I'm willing to bet you dont find anything wrong with the white race? Except for the fact that one of your 'grand cyclops' Richard R. Reed isnt still breathing.

If you have issues with people of a different skin color - fine by me. you are entitled to your opinion.
But you're also entitled to deal with the consequences.

Have fun living in hate, and make sure you dont get that hood too close to the flames.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by obamafan14
Lloyd your absolutely right, Obama hates America.
I never said he hates America.. What I said was he shows very little respect for a country he supposedly loves.

Thats why Obama is spending millions of dollars and enduring daily criticism, working 20 hours a day and putting his family through a tough experience. he could be writing books and stayed a senator and be a millionaire instead he's running for president because he loves his country.
He's spending millions of dollars of other peoples money daily (not his), and he can't wait to get his hand in the treasury's till to fill his personal coffers just like all the other crooks in Washington.

If your idea of patriotism is defined by a flag lapel pin, or if you can spit out the pledge of allegiance, or a hand gesturewell then you have NO CLUE what patriotism is.
I probably know more about it than you'll ever know, but I'm not going to argue the point with you.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostcoyote
why would wearing a flag pin and reciting the pledge of allegiance nessessarily be equated with being a patriotic US citizen?

maybe people who do not stand up and recite the pledge of allegiance simply feel that there is no need... Or maybe they disagree with a few lines such as "One nation under god" (which is BS imo)... or maybe they don't want to act like a sock-puppet.

whatever the case, these things are trivial and it's amazing to watch people turn molehills into mountains.

Maybe they need to go live in a different country. After a few months, I'd bet they'd gladly stand up and recite the Pledge of Allegiance.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
People tend to have empty, shallow faith in Obama and his empty, shallow promises of change.

Perhaps we should declare our support for men who write their own speeches without the aid of marketing experts whose soul purpose is cater speeches around perceived reception, and not around substance. What makes Obamas speeches less important are that they make him sound like more of a political pragmatist and not a true honest candidate.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Sheesh. Why do I feel like I need to take a shower after reading the last few pages?

Attention people. This is a thread about patriotism. Patriotism is the love of country toward the United States of America and not some third world apartheid country. We are better than this.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
Sheesh. Why do I feel like I need to take a shower after reading the last few pages?
I don't feel like I need a shower, but I certainly need a handful of Ibuprofen! Some of these Obama threads give me a serious migraine!

[edit on 7/2/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Yah, i can't blame you, llyod

i'd have a hard time wrapping my head around so much factual information that went against my entire political belief system too

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
reply to post by LLoyd45

Yah, i can't blame you, llyod

i'd have a hard time wrapping my head around so much factual information that went against my entire political belief system too

Now that's funny! I haven't had such a good laugh all day.

Tell me another good bedtime story AEW

[edit on 7/2/08 by LLoyd45]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join