It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Claims Mystery Metal Is From An Alien Spaceship (with pics)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I would like to take this moment to inform ATS readers of "THE SUN's" credibility. I think we would be laughed out of ATS if we posted a thread with a back up link to the National Enquirer... well The Sun is UKs version of the national Enquirer. So to back up a story by them you might as well be linking to uncle jack's alien abducion blog.....It actually might be more credible since uncle jack isnt throwing up stories trying to grab readership with bogus stories.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUNRAY06
Sample Test Publish..that's the only route we can take with unknowns..double blinds..two tests and a control..with results independently checked and verified.
Science is all we have to prove or disprove anything..and lets hope that nothing happens to make the samples disappear...

Easier said than done! Do you know what Bob White has been through after he found a piece he claimed to be from a UFO? Many had sunk in a lot of dollars to put the piece through the grind, but it hit a dead end.

The bottom line? No one wants to touch it with a barge pole lest the lab's funding be stopped and the scientists involved get the sack! After all, the powers that be don't want the truth out, do they?

If you want to get a feel of what it involves and what that guy has been through, then check it out here...

Recovered Piece Of UFO! Is This Irrefutable Evidence Of Alien Presence?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
I shout because you READ but don't UNDERSTAND.

But you will................

That is the most condescending thing I’ve ever read on ATS.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by alienj

I agree. Have a look at the bloomers in The Sun's article:

It has been claimed that alien spacemen were whisked off to a secret military installation – all hushed up by the Government.

Oh? Claimed by...hmmmm...who? Alien spacemen whisked off?
Blah!@%#@! To a secret military installation? More Blah!@%#@!

This piece of metal from the spaceship proves in my mind the existence of aliens.

How come? Without any undeniable evidence obtained after rigorous scientific testing that the piece is made by aliens, how is it 'proof'?

Russ 45, of Filey, North Yorks, has amassed more than 30 years of data about flying saucers – but only unveiled the shiny metal after reading recent UFO reports in The Sun.

Nuff said!!

[edit on 1-7-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

if people are going to make such claims - why not start with more basic analytical techniques

mass

volume / density

melting point [ assuming you are prepared to divide the sample ]

" flame test " - again a semi destructive test - but a quite reliable indicator of common metal content

" solubility test " - its reaction to conc nitric and hydrolcloric acids

plus the salts they form [ if any ] are more easily recognised / assayed than the origional metals

all the above are VERY simple procedureds requiring the most rudimentary equipment and skill

lastly rockwell hardness - requires a expensive gadget - but geting a sample hardness tested is a walk-in proceedure at hundreds of facilities

simply bleating - government coverup and restriction on lab access is simply pathetic excuse making

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
After reading the 'suns' article about this guy who got passed a melted piece of metal by someone else who found it, sounds a bit fishy to me, It'd be like me finding a bit of a circuit board on the street and then giving it to a flower arranger for analysisthen saying it's from a big transforming robot?
Why not give the metal to a geologist instead of a jeweller, doesn't the name give it away , JEWELLER. - deals mainly with gemstones and jewels. Probably took to it to a high street shop anyway..
As for the sun reporting, WOW they are the paragon of honest reliable reporting and I believe everything they print, even after looking at the top news story commentary from the topless girl on page 3. MMMMmm titttieeess (Cough) erm....Reliable ....
Anyway back to this metal, looks like melted aluminium , as for being heavier add a few impurities in and the weight will add up.
It's amazing how it found it's way to a guy who looks for UFO'S. If I found a piece of melted metal the first person I would leave to is a guy who goes looking for UFO's especially as I was dying I could have the last laugh seeing as I couldn't be ar*ed getting it analysed myself...
Without PROPER analysis who knows what this metal is? Get it sorted and seeing as the sun is involved why not get them to foot the bill seeing as they paid you for the story in the first place.
There really must be a lull in real world-shaking news at the moment cause all the local UK stories about UFO's seem to be in the sun tabloid.
Keep up the good work 'thesun'...

Besides how heavy is aluminium supposed to be? isn't it relevant on the size of the piece? From my old job working with gold bullion a small amount is weighty so a large piece is very heavy. Maybe the reporter should have stated the measurements and weight in grams? that way we'd have a rough idea as to what to compare it to.?

[edit on 1/7/2008 by DataWraith]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I found something very similar to this "UFO piece" in a lake a few months back. I think it may be aluminum but not sure. Thing is I wonder if it shines the same way in light as my "lake metal". Does anyone know if Aluminum crystallizes at all? Because my chunk(not calling it a "UFO piece")? Because mine looks as if it has those little lines and groves as if it started to crystallize.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I love it when people post articles from 'The Sun'.

It's like saying - 'Hey look at this scribble I found on a piece of toilet roll'

Then you glue a smutty postcard to it and Hey Presto! You just made yourself a newspaper of the same quality as 'The Sun'.

'looks like aluminium but heavier'.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I read this in the sun (yes i read the sun, but only for the comedy, dont' judge me
). Anyway it seems to me that he isn't lying in regards to it coming from outer space, or at least his belief it did. However i have to say it could easily be a meteorite, or a part of one.

If he put it on eBay i'd buy it, beautiful bit of metal.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Can I add from a source of mine who use to travel in the same circle as Russ that he made an alleged UFO video which actually turned out to be lanterns, basically he knowingly faked the vid.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I may have an explanation.

I have something startlingly similar in my possession, also from Wales and also from an otherwise deserted area.

Deserted but for a burned out car that is. Flowing from the car were rivulets of (now hardened and cooled) moulten metal. I haddn't seen anything like it before so I nabbed a bit, which resembles this 'Mystery Metal' in shape and texture.

A quick google came up with an example: cache.daylife.com...

Hope that helps.

- Pete

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Wow, all I can think of is;

Aliens must be really stupid. I mean, to travel millions and millions of miles from where-ever it is that they come from, only to crash land on our little slice of heaven.

And of course, an "alien hunter" finds a piece of the wreckage. Where's the rest of it??? Is that all he could find?

Obvioiusly the government didn't do such a good job of covering this one up!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I remain skeptical about this metal because they say it's been in possession of people for 30+ years, but where's the mention of a full metallurgy analysis? Seems like if you wanted to prove it was ET in origin that's where you would start.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I was working with some lead, any resemblance?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
What self respecting Alien would make a space ship from metal which melts at relatively low temperatures?

This thread, 'The Sun', and the OP are bananas.

Keep up the good work!

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Tests need to be done,until then it really doesn't matter.It will likely come back as something very terrestrial(like they all do),the metal looks odd,but it could be anything.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Are there high voltage power lines traversing the area?
Usually on towers and voltages can run from 66kv (1kv = 1000 volts) to 1000kv.
The 1000kv lines in the US are DC and AC lines run from 66kv as noted up to about 745kv.

I would guess that high voltage transmission lines in Wales would be about 230kv and lower.

These lines have protection equipment that will trip them off due to faults in a very short time when everything works as it should . . . which is most of the time.
Very short time defined as 7 HZ or less for the higher voltage stuff and up to two full seconds (120 HZ) for 66kv level equipment.

Occasionally - actually very seldom - the higher voltage lines won’t trip as fast as they should and if a conductor goes down it will melt blobs of glass out of sandy areas.
You’ll also find blobs of aluminum that look similar to what was shown in the photos.
The aluminum blobs come from the high voltage conductors which are aluminum strands wrapped around a steel core which adds strength so as to support the weight of long spans of conductor.

Much the same happens with lower voltage distribution lines.
Many times melted glass blobs will be found underneath where the conductor was laying and there can be quite a bit of it.
Distribution level lines (4kv to 16kv depending on what part of the country you’re in and I would guess European distribution levels are much the same) can take a while to trip due to their protection schemes which are less exotic and considerably slower than are the transmission line protection schemes.

What you can find with a distribution level line down and remaining energized for a while is a lot of glass, but most times what you’ll find with aluminum conductors at that voltage level is a lot of short pieces of stranded aluminum conductor that were blown apart on the initial fault (short circuit).
These strands are characteristically ½" - 4" or so long.
Under the right conditions these downed distribution level lines can remain energized until a line crew gets out there, makes recommendations to the power station to open the circuit breaker until they can cut the faulted conductor clear and the remainder of the line can then return to service.

You can find melted blobs of aluminum near distribution lines that have gone down, but they are more common to transmission lines.

Copper conductors react similarly, but today, not many copper conductor lines remain in service in the US and those that do are usually found at the 2.4kv to 4kv voltage levels.
More than likely the same would be true for Europe.

As to the comment about it being a bit heavy for aluminum, most folks are used to handling thin aluminum sheet metal and have perhaps never handled a small billet of aluminum which is heavier than most think.
As I was reminded of yesterday when I pulled a plastic milk crate about half full of aluminum billet square, rectangular and round stock up to about 6" across and a foot or so long.
The crate is almost more than I want to pick up off the floor so that’s why it’s half full and not too tightly packed.
And . . . as usual, no 3" diameter round so I had to machine a 4" piece down to fit.
I hate to waste materials, but sometimes there’s no choice.

Just for fun I weighed a small round billet of 2 ½" diameter, 10 ½" long piece of 6061 T6 (very common alloy in the US) and the weight came in a couple of ounces under 5#.

So there’s one explanation if there are transmission or distribution level lines in the area.

If not, then we need to submit a sample to an appropriate testing agency for analyzation, but I’m betting it’s simply a melted piece of aluminum with some impurities from the soil it was found in.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Desert Dawg

Well thought out and worded reply.Could be what happened here,but until testing is done we will never know anything besides pure speculation.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
As a professional metal worker, Id like to interject a couple of points.
All metals will form oxides when heated in the presence of O2, with most metals this oxidation is very noticable.
With as shiny as the piece is I'd say #1) its not aluminum, unless the peice has been polished. Aluminum forms oxides at room temp and if it was heated to melting it would be ashy and grey.
The lack of surface oxides leads me to believe its is a low temp metrology alloy, something like "white's metal", an alloy of lead, tin and bismuth i believe, it has a melting temp of only 200 deg., yes it melts in boiling water. There are a whole range of metals like that that are used for, re-productions, prototyping and jewlery making. They were also used in the mfg. of minature soldiers.

You can tell that the sample in question has a fairly low melting temp, by the shape of the item and the form it took as it cooled.
I'm pretty certain that it will be found to a lead based alloy.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by whaaa

“I passed it to a jeweller who showed it to an expert but they have no idea what it is.”

Well that statement kinda' pokes a hole in your theory doesn't it?Plus that metal looks like nothing I have seen on this Earth.(And I know quite a bit of information)

and then you say.....

"Tests need to be done,until then it really doesn't matter.It will likely come back as something very terrestrial(like they all do),the metal looks odd,but it could be anything. "

I guess we are allowed to change our mind! And learn, and grow.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by whaaa]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join