It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Claims Mystery Metal Is From An Alien Spaceship (with pics)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I shout because you READ but don't UNDERSTAND.

But you will................

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

So what is disinformation exactly?

Dictionary.com defines Disinformation as this:

1. Deliberately misleading information announced publicly or leaked by a government or especially by an intelligence agency in order to influence public opinion or the government in another nation: “He would be the unconscious channel for a piece of disinformation aimed at another country's intelligence service” (Ken Follett).
2. Dissemination of such misleading information.

I've never been called a disinfo agent before,thanks.......... I guess I'm moving up on ATS!

Seriously though,come on man..............thats all you can come with?That is always what people say when they have lost an argument!"Well your just a government disinfo agent!"

Back on topic please...............(dont add me as a foe,I know your thinking about it,it is pointless,what just cause I know things you dont or disagree with you?Plus whats it gona do,oh no I'm your foe on the internet(battle of personality and brains).Seriously man,just chill and 'deny ignorance'!)

EDIT to add:Thats the link you gave me,unless my cpu is messed up!Plus your name just sounds aggressive........whaa?

Second Edit:Im done for the night so mods dont worry(if you are,about this post)

[edit on 6/30/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
I shout because you READ but don't UNDERSTAND.

But you will................

Hey schoolboy, no need to patronize me. I know how it is. Take a few upper division classes and you think you know everything. I been there!

Study hard and best of luck!

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Well, it is a funny looking little nugget of something... bearing a strong resemblance to a blob of plumbers solder IMHO. Whatever origin it is, here are some things to consider:

What is it?:
Well, consider the shape: One end is larger than the other, with a kind of leg that sprouts off from the thicker area... which to me would indicate that it was in a semi-liquid state, possibly molten metal that ran or dripped down and cooled, thus the shape.

On that notion, that would either mean that this is a (alloy) of some form with a very low melting point for the environment. Or... if it is some special "high zoot" alloy of non-terrestrial origins with a high melting point, the temperatures that caused the liquidity of this metal would have been extreme. These things could be established by a controlled lab test, methinks... so why take it to a jewler?

Not to knock it, so let's carry on shall we...

The weight of the specimen means nothing, comparing it by our own elemental standards, if this thing really did come from somewheres else.. it burned up or melted here regardless. It's hard for us laymen to toss an aluminum can into a campfire and come out with molten pool of metal, it cools rapidly and is not liquid for very long... it is also not very dense. So if it is heavier than aluminum... what would that mean? Lead and tin maybe? Who knows?

Surely not I, but my take on that little chunk of whatever it is looks very similar to what I stated above... and I would surely hope this guy took this thing to more reputable people than a jewler for scientific testing... if it was terrestrial or non it wouldn't surprise me a bit either way.. and none of what I said makes any sense to me, but... ahh well.

Back when I was younger, I found a really funny looking chunk of something that looked like it was made of crumpled up tinfoil... very shiny and really heavy... looked like it was formed naturally in the bowels of the earth.. and about the same size as the little turd above, took that little guy everywhere in the Gem State and nobody could tell me what it was... I still have him locked away, because you never know!
Maybe I will consult you fine gentlemen on it sometime... but back to the point:

Are there some geologists/metallurgists here can shed a little light on this theory.. I'm looking forward to the developments.

Still got's me rocks,

T-

[elaboration]

[edit on 1-7-2008 by telemetry]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Wow honestly this thread is a shamble's.

Not due to the content but due to the one's talking about the content lighten up please it's pathetic.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
People... People...
Lets not bicker amoung ourselves over an unidentified glob of metal. What's to debate? Get it tested, see what it actually is, then have a go at each other! You've got the order all wrong.

Anyway, using my brilliant deductive skills, it's rather obvious that it's the remains of a number 7 bearing from the central magnetic drive mechanism from a class 3 Plutonian Scout Ship.
Like I said, test first, then debate.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
All of you are acting foolish. Also if you could help it jkrog08.............can you, possibly...................please stop talking like this? It's rather annoying.

As far as this rock/metal/thing goes, none of us should be making any judgments about it until it has been tested.

[edit on 7/1/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by h3akalee

Hope you are not referring to me...

I'm kinda lost as to whom that was directed at, but yes... I agree... back to the topic pretty please?

Carry on folks,
T-

[edited]

[edit on 1-7-2008 by telemetry]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
[quote
As far as this rock/metal/thing goes, none of us should be making any judgments about it until it has been tested.

[edit on 7/1/2008 by SonicInfinity]

Yay! Go SonicInfinity, thanks for the back up. This thread just shows that too many people have far too much time on their hands and that they like to argue about something that could be resolved with a simple test.
Test first, then debate...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Like everyone else said, let it get tested before making the final conclusion on this mysterious piece...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragon33

If I could give you more than one star for that, I would... I couldn't agree more.

This
Is
Not

A one line post....

I really do hope to see something positive come of this.

T-

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Meh, this means absolutely nothing unless they have it professionaly analyzed, and not by their local jeweler and his best bud. Pictures of metal blobs that could almost anything at all (manmade) mean nothing at all. I take these sorts of stories with less than a grain of salt.

Why does stuff like this end up in papers like the Sun? Credibility drop from that alone is significant.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
This story sounds similar to the Bob White ufo.

Another image here

There are a number of ufo cases involving witnesses who claim to have physical evidence from the encounter in the form of molten metal that has cooled. The Bob White metal isn't really all that unusual and the tests performed on it conclude that it's some type of aluminum alloy. My guess is that it's some type of fuel source, possibly used in a MHD generator.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Perhaps you could meet behind the school right after nap time to work this out.

On topic -

A blob of what appears to be metal that closely resembles uncountable blobs of solder in metal shops around the world. It also resembles the silver that spills when being poured into a wax mold when making jewelry. In the photo its luster is very close to what they call nickel silver. It could be many other things. Means nothing unless and until it is sent to a qualified lab for qualitative and quantitative analysis.

Why would it be assumed to be a part of a UFO rather than something already on the ground that came into contact with whatever came down while still very hot?

In the end it is meaningless except to rags like the SUN. I enjoy it about as much as Batboy in the Weekly World News. Well - not quite that much.

I have in fact, had way to much caffeine.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
ok now i think Hoax

apparently a Japanese tv show did some investigatin' and it turns out not to be so true

lame!

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
it looks like melted silicon to me.....

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
it might look like something and what not! but the problem is stating what it looks like itsn't fact; and therefore it needs to be tested by the correct people in a controled environment.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
pretty interesting, but unfortunately it can be anything. IT almost looks plastic if you look closely

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
READ THE SENTENCE

I passed it to a jeweller who showed it to an expert but they have no idea what it is.”
Should have been coma after jeweller.

Need I say more?

err... perhaps you should touch up your grammar first though eh ?
You mean comma ? surely you dont mean coma as in:

A state of unconsciousness from which a person cannot be aroused by external stimuli.

hehe only joshing

[edit on 1-7-2008 by mortalengine]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Seen the same exact thing everyday when i wwas a plumber.

It's solder.

I can make hundreds of thousands of blobs that look just like that. Maybe I should sell them on ebay?

oh and BTW.....

Isn't the SUN like the Enquirer ect, "Elvis has alien baby and Batboy and whatnot?"

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join