It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it can fire 11,000 rockets in a minute

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus

and Russia and China aren't going to do anything, they still get the oil, it's just now America has a piece of the profits... except it helps America payback the debt, they both know the flow is better assured under us greedy capitalists that would want to sell as much as possible...

Also,

Remember, China depends on American's buying their cheap crap for their economy.

They have no intrest in see us going belly up.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I have no doubt that its true, but this will be 11,000 pieces of rocket artillery, not guided missiles. They're dangerous, but they're also very low powered, short ranged and inaccurate in the grand scheme of things. Hezbollah launched hundreds, if not thousands of them into Israel a couple of years ago, and while it did a bit of damage, it was far from catastrophic.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
You can all make fun & laugh about Iran's destruction, but you won't be laughing when your all choking on a nuke. Rest assured if you don't stand up and fight for morality and justice, soon the elitists will be laughing all over your dead bodies........

[edit on 1-7-2008 by kindred]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
For another thing, that might have something to do with a coming war is that the non-muslims of Iran (which are many) are about to start a new revolution to get rid of the muslim regime as they yell out when demonstrating.

Just the last month there have been an increasing amount of demonstrations in Iran and it's spreading from city to city, the last one I saw was in Teheran just a day ago.

The people are yelling "Mahasti" (might be the wrong spelling since I'm not Iranian but swede) and it means "We are here" and at some demonstrations the yell "We don't want to be occupied by the muslims anymore".

The sad thing is that this doesn't reach the western media as it should do, but if you want to confirm this you can go to youtube and find demonstrations filmed in Iran and also at www.pasargodtv.com

Another funny thing is that the police in Iran doesn't seem to stop those demonstrating as much as they did before, so something is totally happening.

Let us all wait and hope for this regime in Iran to count their very last days now.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Okay, let's think of something they could do that would have insane ramifications throughout the world, shall we?

The Temple Mount in Isreal lies roughly 2000 km away from the nearest Iranian border, and launching an attack on it (with 11,000+ rockets) would certainly do a lot to get people to think about what they're doing, if a muslim is willing to desecrate one of the holiest of holies by putting a bunch of holes in it.

I wouldn't put it past him, after all - many people in this thread have dismissed the man as a fruit-cake attempting to bring about the next islamic messiah or something.

Who is to say that launching an assault on the temple mount will not bring about his goal?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Even if the missiles hit there targets - unlikely, Israel and the US would retaliate by completely and totally decimating Irans military 'might' & there would be zip Iran could do about it. Iran (regardless of how crazy the leaders are) knows this, and that's why I don't beleive full scale war will take place. Apart from a few dedicated airstrikes & missiles, the rest is just talk.

Remember kids, just because you close your eyes, doesn't mean the reality goes away.

[edit on 1/7/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

He's not going to do it with these. The Iranian Fajar-3 rocket, which is most likely what these 11,000 rockets are, has a range of about 30 miles.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Yawn!!!!!! You people don't half like to soak up propaganda and lies, like a sponge soaks up water. How about posting something that has atleast a little bit of truth and credibility to it. It's a start.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

I know I don't like to soak up propaganda and lies like a sponge? Who were you addressing?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Oh?

So it's not the variety of which has range of over 2000 kilometers?

I guess i can stop worrying about the possibility of a religious war then (although that is technically, what this is all about).

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
"The United States will not permit the world's most dangerous regimes to threaten us with the world's most destructive weapons." - George W. Bush, January 29, 2002. And to show how serious he was, Bush decided to invade Iraq, a country whose vast stockpile contained precisely zero weapons of mass destruction.
And you know what? North Korea detonated a nuke in 2006. Again, it's all talk. More about oil and guiding a country into FALSE wars than so called 'weapons of mass destruction'.

$50 nothing will happen. $200 that if something does, Irans military will be decimated (Hey, an Aussie as LLLLOOOAAAADDDSSS of money to spare).

[edit on 1/7/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I'm probably going to get shouted down here, but this may be why we need more women world leaders:

"My rocket is bigger than YOUR rocket!"

...because the cycle is just going to continue.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

Its highly unlikely.

While I'm sure that the Iranians have enough of those to do considerable damage should they so desire, in this particular instance, I absolutely do not believe that the 11,000 figure refers to long range missiles, but only short range rockets, which indeed, can likely hit bases along Iraq's border with Iran. Even the article mentions that the Iranians would soon be receiving upgraded rockets...these with ranges of 155 miles.

Chaharbaghi was quoted by Fars as saying that rockets with a range of 250 kilometers 155 miles will be delivered to the Guards ground force soon.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Sounds like more symbolic muscle flexing and posturing to me. More flurrious claims to fuel the propaganda machine.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Highly unlikely, but undoubtedly a strategy Iran has considered pursuing at one point.

Which means it's a possibility i'm not willing to dismiss.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

yes you're right, contrary to what a lot of people think, nobody in that region of the world that i know of, has the ability to launch a ICMB (inter-continental Ballistic Missle) Iran is not making nukes to shoot at American, they want nukes so that Isreal (their enemy) will not have the upper hand on them anymore.

they have already said a few times, that they want to wipe israel off the map, the only reason we have anything to do with it is 1.) we are a nuclear watchdog country and 2.) we are allies with Israel

it has recently heated up there because of the recently failed invasion and occupation of Iran by Israel, once they realised they couldn't do it, they asked us to finish the job for them (which we always seem to be doing for those losers)

anyhow, this is a general comment meant to inform people who aren't entirely sure of the conditions in that part of the world. don't worry about Iran nuking us, the only way that could happen is another "Bay of Pigs incident" where Russia or Iran (one in the same if you ask me) give Cuba nuclear missles to shoot at us.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
to all the idiots thinking this will be a conventional war i say this.
it will not.
it dosnt matter how many stealth bombers we have or aerial drones, if this war does happen it will make the iraqi insergancy look like a barry manilow concert. they have learned from iraqs mistakes.

but regardless no one stops to think why is this f---ing war necessary?

is it because israel who has a multitude of nukes already has their panties in a bundle over iran potentially having one 5 years down the road?

or is it so we can cut off the oil supply and make gas even more exspensive for ourselves?

does this war benifit you at all either way?
wake the hell up and stop acting like retarded 9th graders at a pep rally.
this is life and death.
this is real war.
is it worth it?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

Worth it? Probably not, but you cite Isreal as the cause of concern just because they have nukes and are worried about Iran's nuclear ambitions.

You fail to mention, however, that Iran's president has made statement after statement of annihilating Isreal, wiping Isreal off the map. Also, Iran has refused offers from countries other than the United States for help with their energy needs in return for abandoning their nuclear project.

Don't those two things alone about Iran tell you that something's up, that maybe Isreal has a right to worry about protecting itself?

[edit on 1-7-2008 by sos37]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

That would depend how you quantify a Missile
A RPG could be a Missile, so 11,000 troops with a RPG

It's sounds like the war is going to be Propaganda War,
will the White House or Iran produce the most Propaganda.
The White House has the advantage of knowing how to use
Powerpoint and everything. You can hardly tell an election is
looming.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

i know what he said but the correct translation is this:

According to Juan Cole, a University of Michigan Professor of Modern Middle East and South Asian History, Ahmadinejad's statement should be translated as:

The Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem (een rezhim-e eshghalgar-e qods) must [vanish from] the page of time (bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad).[12]

Norouzi's translation is identical.[11] According to Cole, "Ahmadinejad did not say he was going to 'wipe Israel off the map' because no such idiom exists in Persian". Instead, "He did say he hoped its regime, i.e., a Jewish-Zionist state occupying Jerusalem, would collapse."

en.wikipedia.org...

saying that he wants to kill all the jews is blatent propaganda. he made that speech at the world without zionism confrenece and he was speaking of the political ideology of zionism.

there is no connection between the polticial ideology of zionism and being a member of the jewish race. that speech has been twisted for propaganda purposes.

israel has a multitude of nukes. even if iran had just as many they would not nuke israel. it would be suicide. but it would mean israel would have to treat its neighbors with respect for once. and the zionists simply wont have that, and they are making us go to war for them. cowardly craps.

but no one cares about these details... all they want to do is say :

"oooga ooga, me want war, isreal good, iran bad, bomb good, death good oooga ooga."

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join