It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it can fire 11,000 rockets in a minute

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
LOL I dont know if this is propaganda or true.Just made me think thats a aweful lot of missiles.This is news from October as well 2007.Don't mean the directive would change.

TEHRAN, Iran - Iran is capable of firing 11,000 rockets into enemy bases within the first minute after any possible attack, state-run television quoted a top Revolutionary Guards Corps commander as saying Saturday.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 30-6-2008 by alienstar]

[edit on 30-6-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
thats a hell of alot of missiles,maybe its a bad idea to go to iran,maybe our government should try something else..wow thats alot of missiles.peace

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
You should research what HAARP does to missiles. But my question is, when they all mulfunction, where do they land. And I certainly hope not Canada, Norway, or Sweden. And of course that would depend on the will of those, who have publically proclaimed the wish to depopulate the world.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I think the rockets are short ranged like under 2500 miles.I would worry just about those areas getting hit.But there is terrorism just as bad.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm sure this is just another case of Iran flexing it's muscles.

The increased warnings to Israel and the West, digging 300,000 graves for invaders and now this? I wouldn't worry about it.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The 11,000 missile figure is largely unimportant. What is key is what will happen to Iran in the SECOND minute.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by periwinkle blue

Uhm, no.

Basically what they've gone and done is declared that they have the capability to destroy a very large city if they so wished.

No prizes for guessing which city they have in mind.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Oh my, i've just realised the implications of what this means.

If they wanted, they could have us by the balls.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This statement , when added to there other statements of digging mass graves and moving rockets into striking range of Israel lead me to believe , rightly or wrongly so , that they may have some serious intel of a pending attack , more then just the run of the mill rhetoric that we have been witness to over the last year and a bit . Or perhaps this action can be traced back to the Israel war game that was held just over a week ago .
Now if I may quote fellow ATS.ers from the last year here for a sec , " seems like something big going to happen and soon "

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Irans largest warhead is the equivalent of no more than 100 kilotons(rumored also) and also carry cluster warheads with the capacity to carry 1,400 pnd bombs.Iran's army includes 350,000 active-duty soldiers and 220,000 conscripts.Its elite Revolutionary Guards number 120,000,many of them draftees.Its navy and air force total 70,000 men.The armed forces have about 2,000 tanks,300 combat aircraft, three submarines,hundreds of helicopters and at least a dozen Russian-made Scud missile launchers of the type Saddam Hussein used against Israel during the 1991 Gulf War.Iran also has an undetermined number of Shahab missiles that have a range of more than 1,500 miles.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

yes i agree. it is fairly obvious they know the crap is headed twords their fan. our country has been conducting covert operations inside of iran for 6 months now. blowing up bridges and doing recon and stuff. iran wont fight back, they just keep turning the cheek forcing the US and their buddy israel too look like crazed psycho a-holes. unfortuneatly both countries are crazed psycho a-holes who have no qualms pushing us into WW3. russia will probably come to irans aid, and possibly china also. when this is all said and done with if anyone is left our politicians need to be dealt with severly ...as in like nurenberg severly.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Lol.....I thinks its funny

Iran says lots of things that turn out to be a load of BS, remember when they threatened to annihalate the US in the 80's, yet they couldnt even win a war against Iraq, lol

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Unless, of course, they threaten to blow up Isreal unless America backs off.

This could get real dicey...

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
Irans largest warhead is the equivalent of no more than 100 kilotons(rumored also) and also carry cluster warheads with the capacity to carry 1,400 pnd bombs.Iran's army includes 350,000 active-duty soldiers and 220,000 conscripts.Its elite Revolutionary Guards number 120,000,many of them draftees.Its navy and air force total 70,000 men.The armed forces have about 2,000 tanks,300 combat aircraft, three submarines,hundreds of helicopters and at least a dozen Russian-made Scud missile launchers of the type Saddam Hussein used against Israel during the 1991 Gulf War.Iran also has an undetermined number of Shahab missiles that have a range of more than 1,500 miles.

And dont forget Iran has bought Chinese subs. And developed a hyper speed under whater torpedo. That can be fired from land and sea.

And dont forget that Iran has one of the best early waring system that exists to day. The Kolchuga detection systems bought from Ukraine.

Iran might have som old # but they can get it off the ground before they get attacked.

Irans weaknes is that they will only get to fire their old asets once or twice. If they dont hit the right targets and put out of play its game over.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
No worries, a full load in a B-2 Stealth bomber can destroy 2,500 tanks, artillery, or rocket launchers right on the ground before they even know its happening, its over.

They can be destroyed within a few sorties if that is the choice. If they strike Jerusalem, we would hit them with no discretion as to civilian or military targets.

Much easier than Iraq my friends....Much easier.....

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Not to be flippant, but if the Americans want to give me a call, I can
sellem custom high-end software that can track many tens of thousands
of objects in Real time at over a 1000 HDTV frames per second and
all i need is access to a HAAS 5-axis CNC machine and about 500
IBM/SONY Cell processors and lots of Tungsten Carbide rods and
those 11,000 Iranian missiles/rockets are ABSOLUTELY TOAST !!!!!!!!!

With compensation for atmospheric friction and melting points
of the tungsten rods and anticipating total kinetic energy on impact,
I've worked the math and can kill rockets going up to 70,000 KMH!!!!!
I've already got a design for a mobile launch system that can track, aim
and fire up to 500 rods per per second (30,000 per minute) from
a single vehicle at an ACCURATE range of 50 KM.
(or 200+ hundred KM accuracy if you're willing to count
on Wall-Of-Lead type of kill approaches)

The higher the processor speed, the faster I can kill the rockets.
My software has a theoretical track & kill limit of 2^64 objects at one time
limited ONLY by number of processors and available RAM memory space!

I can field a working prototype rail-gun system in 6 MONTHS
and a field deployable version in one year because I've already
DONE the R&D on the software. I just need a BIG 10 KW generator,
some really big capacitors (or banks of smaller ones) and few
hundred thousand Tungsten Carbide rods and that
$750,000 HAAS CNC and those 500 IBM/Sony Cell processors.

USA Spooks - I'm W A I T I N G . . . - I've got BETTER SOFTWARE
than YOU...MY SYSTEM WORKS !!!!!! 1000fps !!!!! 70,000 KPH
Missile Defence that WORKS!!!!!

Email: [email protected]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by StargateSG7

Glad you are on your side . Just don't except any emails from Iran or China or Russia in the mean time .

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

thats not true at all.
Iraq means valley in arabic
Iran means mountains.

these will be two totally diffrent wars.

the iranians have seen this coming and they have learned from the defeat of iraqs army. they are dug in and ready.
in terms of poker we have shown our hand we have no idea what thiers is, that is not a good position to be in.

but the most retarded aspect of it all is that it is totally unescessary. leave iran alone, and i guran-friken-tee it will not just all of a sudden lob a nuke at israel. israel would nuke iran to oblivion, it would be suicide. this is another war of aggression for oil, wrapped in piss poor quality b-grade propaganda.
...sad, i thought we learned from the begining of the iraq war.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by TheRepublic]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
No worries, a full load in a B-2 Stealth bomber can destroy 2,500 tanks, artillery, or rocket launchers right on the ground before they even know its happening, its over.

They can be destroyed within a few sorties if that is the choice. If they strike Jerusalem, we would hit them with no discretion as to civilian or military targets.

Much easier than Iraq my friends....Much easier.....

And yet, Isreal will blame America for provoking them.

That would be a nasty turnout for the books, wouldn't it?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Iran is acting like a frightened little puppy. This ridiculous claim is the rhetorical equivalent of peeing your pants in public.

The Chicken Littles among us, who see the apocalypse around every corner will believe these foolish claims. Most will understand exactly what is going on here. The Iran administration correctly perceives that it will soon have to back down or face retribution.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join