It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it can fire 11,000 rockets in a minute

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Christ, you don't half under-estimate them.

One should never under-estimate a desperate opponent.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

yes it is rehtoric, but it is in an attempt to stop the wanton aggression on the side of israel and america.

its like a nerd saying hes gonna "whoop some ace" to a bully who is about to pummel him and steal his lunch money. will he pummel him?
who knows... but the real problem is the bully, not what the nerd says.

such is life.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
Unless, of course, they threaten to blow up Isreal unless America backs off.

This could get real dicey...

Thats also laughable......remeber that Israel succesfully defended itself from 3 countries at once. Iran has no hope against Israel.

And dont forget that everyone in Israel has to serve 2 years in the military...thats a pretty big army

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

We're not talking about Isreal defending itself here.

You can't defend yourself from 11,000 rockets, the damage will be done.

Their intent is not to engage in war with Isreal, but to wound it.

The last act of a desperate opponent....

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I suppose the real question is can they absorb 11,000 missiles in a minute, cause you can bet allot of folks will be shooting back.

I'm sure going to miss all that oil, but I suppose walking to work will be good for my tired old bum.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
If they do that have many, it is mostly 1950's Russian Scuds.

You might has well be hurling a 1000 Boulders with Medieval Trebuche. They would do as much damage as the Scuds.

Lame rethoric. They should be boasting about their Sunburn II anti-ship missiles if anything.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

You still don't get it, do you?

These missiles are their statement to the west, saying "We can damage you on your own ground" even if it is only Isreal they're after.

Everything else is just about making us bleed if we don't decide to nuke them.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
They've been using this scare-tatitc for nearly a year now.

Sat., Oct. 20, 2007

Iran is capable of firing 11,000 rockets into enemy bases within the first minute after any possible attack, state-run television quoted a top Revolutionary Guards Corps commander as saying Saturday

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Blah, blah, blah. We're so scary and mighty. Etc. etc. etc.

Next look for them to talk about their anti-ship missiles or their ultra-super sneaky submarines. All of this is simply for the effect of winning public support back home in Tehran. The U.S. and Israel already knows what Iran is capeable of. This is like the Mission Accomplised speech that Pres. Bush gave. It's just a political pep rally. Nothing more.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

Bingo.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Get what? 11,000 missiles? They're mostly Scuds. They do little to no damage.

Hezbollah hurled thousands from the pool of 10,000 and only killed under 20 people (a good thing of course). The point being Israel had all kinds of time to get people to safe places. When a Scud did hit, it only damaged a small part of a building or made a small crator.

They are virtually worthless, the Scuds. To say 11,000 missiles - the Israeli and US militaries are not the least bit intimidated, I can assure you that.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Thanks for the reminder..... except, wasn't it more like six countries? I must go surf and research.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

Hezbollah hurled thousands from the pool of 10,000 and only killed under 20 people (a good thing of course).

Correct, but that is because most of the isrealis were terrified and hiding in their homes because of the periodic bombardment.

however, 11,000 missiles fired at the same time will catch a crapload of people off-guard, and btw; it is infact possible to fire that many missiles in a short amount of time these days.

If i'm right, then it would seem Iran has stepped up it's game - it's playing the same psychological war we play with them.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This may be true, but keep in mind Israel is using a US satellite with Infrared missle-launch detection technology. This satellite will provide warnings immediately of any missles launched, including how many and where they are coming from.

Israel did not have the use of this satellite during their skirmish with Hezbollah. They do now as it was approved by the US within the last couple of weeks.

Bottom line, Iran has alot more to worry about than Israel. Much, much more.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

This satellite will provide warnings immediately of any missles launched, including how many and where they are coming from.

Oh, lovely!

So when the fire them off we can see just how many we aren't going to be able to shoot down!

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I think we may be missing the point in terms of Iran's tactical thinking...their nuclear program has been publicly threatened in the global media rhetoric-rags with precision strikes to deny any nuclear capability, and that if an attack on the Natanz and other facilities originates from Israel (in the light of the recently alleged IAF mock attack-run training) they will respond in kind with a massed-volley-strike of missiles on Israel's Dimona nuclear facility in the Negev Desert

Iran may lack the precise accuracy of strike capability unlike the US-built weapons, but a saturated wider-CEP volley on Israel's nuclear sites will do the same job

civilian targets or cities will not be the order of the day...the Iranians know it would be media and military suicide to do so, but to strike clearly defined military targets away from civilian areas...such as Dimona...would be seen diplomatically as an acceptable response

[edit on 30-6-2008 by citizen smith]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
They would have to be missiles from this century then and not the 1950's Scuds.

I heard Iran only had a few hundred modern missiles. Many of these can be taken out with Interceptors.

A few will get through, but Israel is surely aware of that.

It won't change how things are being planned, it was already accounted for.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Folks forget that Ahmajob is suicidal. Havent you guys seen his essays on how he thinks he is instrumental in bringing about the last Imam or something like that and that he thinks he is living in the time and will help bring Muhammed back? Um this is a guy who thinks its his duty to help bring these events into play and he doesnt worry about Israeli nuclear retaliation because that is part of the end game anyway.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Yeahp, the dude is radical Islam.

He believes Iran should host the next coming of the Imam, and to do so, must take over the ME and be the most powerful Muslim nation on Earth.

The guy is a certified nutjob.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

This may be true, but keep in mind Israel is using a US satellite with Infrared missle-launch detection technology. This satellite will provide warnings immediately of any missles launched, including how many and where they are coming from.

That's great technology if you want to find out where the missiles are coming from, but once they are loosed and in the air, the best that could be achieved is to strike at the launcher-vehicles, which will be small and mobile and expecting a detected launch and counter-strike...I'm quite sure many lessons of launch-surveillance-technologycapabilities will have been learnt by Iran during the summer '06 conflict between Hezbollah and the IDF

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Listen, there isn't anything to worry about. Blah Blah crazy Iran blah blah annihilate everyone blah. Do you honestly believe that Israel won't know an Iranian attack is imminent? Really people, when you hear on the MSM that Israel just bombed Tehran, then you'll know Iran tried to do something silly. Do you honestly believe that the Mossad , Israel's CIA, isn't totally on top of this or any situations in Iran? They've got spooks everywhere, especially in Iran, Egypt, Syria. Those guys are booku scary.

Nothing will happen. But, if something does...I guarantee Israel will be all up in Irans face. Its just bluster.

11,000 rockets, bah, I got that for 4th of July.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join