It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People with Blue Eyes were Genetically Mutated 10,000 Years Ago.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
reply to post by IvanZana

They know the earliest migrations of modern humans to Europe happened at least 50,000 years ago (fossils as old as 1.5 million years have been found in Asia but those may have died off). Blue eyes have nothing to do with defining the start of the Caucasian race.

The Caucasian race (one of three races) started in Europe and then spread to the middle east. The Egyptian Pharaoh’s were always very light skinned Caucasians, they did not mix with the darker skinned Caucasian population.

The term “white” is often used to specify light skinned, light haired Caucasians. But race is defined by mitochondrial dna.

Thank you for that.

What do you think of my theory of the creation of blue eyes being caused by northerners possibly caucasians living in dark conditions for generations?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanZana What do you think of my theory of the creation of blue eyes being caused by northerners possibly caucasians living in dark conditions for generations?

I don't know, I am not a geneticist, however I don't think it could just be a "mutation". A freak mutation would not be carried on unless there was a lot of inbreeding (as mutations such as albinoism are not duplicated unless both parents carry the gene). I suppose it is possible that inbreeding occuring and the trend caught on, but it seems unlikely.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
And regarding your ideas about creating one race, as some races or more specifically some groups (namely fair skinned blue eyed white people) are weak, that will never happen.

While our populations are currently in rapid decline, the fact is those "weak white people" are pretty darn good at technology, even if our willingness to breed is coming into question.

Assuming the human species survives another couple of hundred years and maintains the current level of technology, there is no doubt in my mind that the advances in genetics will assure blond, blue eyed babies in the future. If the society collapses and technology is no longer a viable option people will fall into tribalism and still manage to maintain those traits.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
In reply to the Nation of Islam comment, they are laughed at by real muslims who recognize them as nothing more than a cult, they are not even serioussly accepted by the real islamic faith. When Malcolm x returned from Mecca to proclaim that people of all different colours are equal, the nation of islam murdered him because he was a threat to there laughable propoganda. The truth people to you who have been blinded by racial propoganda from black and white supremacists is basically this, there is no chosen people or a race of devils or infedels, everyone shall be judged individually, thats if you believe in any of the abrahamic faiths of course...

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
If blue eyes developed in people who lived in northern climate so they could adapt to less light, why did their bodies not adapt to the colder climate by developing a dense fur coat?

If blue eyes are advantageous in northern climates, Why don't all animals living in northeren areas also have blue eye?

Haave you noticed, that nature has done a good job of adapting all her other creatures to their environments? Why are humans excepted? Oh, the blue eyes thing.

If humans "evolved" from those ape forms, what was the advantage of developing tender feet, thin skin and weaker muscles than their "forebares"?

If humans "evolved" from apes, why is there such a large gap between the species today?
If evolution into humans was an advantage shouldn't there have been many intermediates that would have survived, and perhaps the apes become extinct?

Nature only cares about survival, so why did humans develope develope intelligence beyond basic survival? We do not need air planes or space ships to survive.

Someone mentioned Neanderthal - They are not related to humans.
neander

Why exactly are most people so close-minded to the idea that Earth was populated with humans and animals from other universes and that nothing "evolved here? There have been extinctions and replacements with other species or forms of previous ones, but no evolution.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

reply to post by IvanZana

They know the earliest migrations of modern humans to Europe happened at least 50,000 years ago (fossils as old as 1.5 million years have been found in Asia but those may have died off). Blue eyes have nothing to do with defining the start of the Caucasian race.

The Caucasian race (one of three races) started in Europe and then spread to the middle east. The Egyptian Pharaoh’s were always very light skinned Caucasians, they did not mix with the darker skinned Caucasian population.

The term “white” is often used to specify light skinned, light haired Caucasians. But race is defined by mitochondrial dna.

With all due respect this post is complete ands utter BS. Famed and respected Egyptologist Cheik Anti Diop already proved back in the 60's & 70's that the ancient egytptians & the pharoah's couldn't be anything but Black Africans (People classified as Africoid) due to their high levels of melanin, that only people classified as Africoid could possibly have. He developed a method where he could precisly measure the levels of natural body-produced melanin in tissue samples of mummies. He tested over 100 different mummies from different regions of ancient egypt. After he successfully debated [& won] against 12 major white egyptologists in the late 60's, Egypts government forbade any further testing on mummies. But Unesco recognized his great feat and granted him the honor of writing the introduction to their world heritage almanac. And the method that he used to determine the melanin levels is used all over the world today in crime labs to determine the race of severly burned victims.

The only "caucasions" that ever lived in ancient egypt were some of historians & philosophers visiting from Rome. Ancient Egypt, or KMT was a Black African Nation throughout its entire history and was only colonized later by Romans & Persians.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by regulate]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by regulate

I think the truth lies somewhere between yours and Sonya's points of view. It's true that Egypt did have some black Pharoahs from Nubia when they conquered the country. National Geographic did a story on them and it is online here.
In fact, Egyptian society was a true 'melting pot.' And even the earliest Egyptians shared physical characteristics of Caucasians, Asians, and Negroes.

Here is a link:

www.catchpenny.org...

This said, we might ask, "What color were the ancient Egyptians?" Being on the continent, Egypt has always been an African civilization though it straddles two regions, Africa and the Middle East. It's fairly clear that the cultural roots of ancient Egypt lie in Africa and not in Asia. Egypt was a subtropical desert environment and its people had migrated from various ethnic groups over its history (and prehistory), thus it was something of a "melting pot," a mixture of many types of people with many skin tones, some certainly from the Sub-Saharan regions and others from more Mediterranean climes. It is impossible to categorize these people into the tidy "black" and "white" terms of today's racial distinctions. The Egyptians are better classified using evidence of their language and their material cultures, historical records, and their physical remains because so-called "racial" identification has been elusive, much for the reasons cited above. Skulls have been measured and compared and DNA tests attempted in various forms, but conclusions are few. Skulls are more similar to those found in the Northern Sudan and less similar to those found in West Africa, Palestine, and Turkey. It seems that there has been some genetic continuity from Predynastic time through the Middle Kingdom, after which there was a considerable infiltration into the Nile Valley from outside populations. That the Egyptians by and large were dark is certain, and many must have been what we today call "black."

And another:

www.egyptianmyths.net...

Seated at the juncture of three continents, the Egyptians showed the physical characteristics of Caucasians, Negroes, and Asians. With the migration of various peoples into the Nile Valley throughout the thousands of years in which the Egyptian culture flourished, it is nearly impossible to avoid a racial mixture of the population. Therefore, the most heated debate centers around what race the Predynastic or earliest Egyptians were, the "original" Egyptians, if you will. Yet again, skeletal remains indicate that they shared the characteristics of Caucasians, Asians and Negroes.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by TheComte]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by regulate
With all due respect this post is complete ands utter BS. Famed and respected Egyptologist Cheik Anti Diop already proved back in the 60's & 70's that the ancient egytptian pharoah's couldn't be anything but Black Africans

Oh Lordy, stop rewriting history. The one big problem with claiming that the Egyptian Pharoah's are black is that the bodies of the pharoahs are STILL AROUND! Seriously...when making things up choose the topics better.

www.burlingtonnews.net...

Course maybe the sneaky white folks put white corpses in the pharaoh's tombs 3000 years ago and their black pharaoh masters failed to notice it!

Okay I am not going to reply to any more of your comments on this thread, this type of fabrication just gets my blood pressure up. Ugh.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by regulate
With all due respect this post is complete ands utter BS. Famed and respected Egyptologist Cheik Anti Diop already proved back in the 60's & 70's that the ancient egytptian pharoah's couldn't be anything but Black Africans

Oh Lordy, stop rewriting history. The one big problem with claiming that the Egyptian Pharoah's are black is that the bodies of the pharoahs are STILL AROUND! Seriously...when making things up choose the topics better.

www.burlingtonnews.net...

Course maybe the sneaky white folks put white corpses in the pharaoh's tombs 3000 years ago and their black pharaoh masters failed to notice it!

Okay I am not going to reply to any more of your comments on this thread, this type of fabrication just gets my blood pressure up. Ugh.

I'm referencing a credible, proven & acknowledged expert on the subject and you're referencing a fringe website bent on reinforcing white-suprmacy by suggesting that white people were the originators of an ancient culture in Africa. Please dont make me laugh. And BTW the "blonde" and "red" hair your webiste referenced doens't mean it had to have been cuacasions. That could've simply have been hair-dye or the result of some sort of reaction with the embalming fluids.

And add to that the so-called "race-chart" that was found painted in an egyptian tomb where the ancient egyptians clearly identified themselves as black african and differentiated themselves from caucasions, persians, and even other black africans.

Since i did edit and add to my original post since you replied let me re post it for you.

With all due respect this post is complete ands utter BS. Famed and respected Egyptologist Cheik Anti Diop already proved back in the 60's & 70's that the ancient egytptians & the pharoah's couldn't be anything but Black Africans (People classified as Africoid) due to their high levels of melanin, that only people classified as Africoid could possibly have. He developed a method where he could precisly measure the levels of natural body-produced melanin in tissue samples of mummies. He tested over 100 different mummies from different regions of ancient egypt. After he successfully debated [& won] against 12 major white egyptologists in the late 60's, Egypts government forbade any further testing on mummies. But Unesco recognized his great feat and granted him the honor of writing the introduction to their world heritage almanac. And the method that he used to determine the melanin levels is used all over the world today in crime labs to determine the race of severly burned victims.

I'll take the actual scientifically measured levels of melanin in the tissue of the mummies themselves over the color of their hair has determining factors of their race anyday.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

The article you quoted said the black pharaoh's ruled for NEARLY three quarters of a century! That is about 75 years.

The great Nubian king showed up around 750bc and took over a large, but fractured empire. The ancient egyptians had a fairly advanced civilization, and had started a written language around 3,000 bc.

And that is assuming this "Nubian King" really was pure black african.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

From my studies on the subject Anceint Egypt didnt begin to become some-what of (not a full-blown one becasue throughout its ENTIRE history the VAST majority of the population was black african, even through its colonial-roman rule) until around 900 bc. And considering the foundations of ancient egypt fall back to as far back as 4000bc, i think its safe to say that it was a black african nation. the name KMT, (which is what the egyptians called it) means "Land of the Black."

sidebar: the argument some egyptologist put forth regarding the meaning of KMT meaning "black land" and then assuming that was in reference to the soil in the ground being black is elementary at best and beyond retarded altogether considering there is no such thing as soil anywhere on this planet that ISN'T black.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

The article you quoted said the black pharaoh's ruled for NEARLY three quarters of a century! That is about 75 years.

The great Nubian king showed up around 750bc and took over a large, but fractured empire. The ancient egyptians had a fairly advanced civilization, and had started a written language around 3,000 bc.

And that is assuming this "Nubian King" really was pure black african.

You reek of so much white supremacy its disgusting. Now you're trying to suggest that the Nubians were anything other than black africans as well. WOW. Why would you have such a problem acknowledging the fact that the ancient egyptians who you are so fascinated by were black people? Why would that bother you so much? And if that suggestion by me bothers you so much, i'de hate to think how hot the following visual proof is gonna get you:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I don't disagree with you that Egyptians were African. I also don't disagree that a large percentage, maybe even a majority, were black. What I believe is that other skin colours are native to Africa, specifically Northern Africa. Please watch these two short videos, especially the second one, and I would like to hear your comments.

ngm.nationalgeographic.com...

And what do you think of this picture that shows Egyptians distinct from Nubians? Please click the link for the pic.

www.touregypt.net...

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

I don't disagree with you that Egyptians were African. I also don't disagree that a large percentage, maybe even a majority, were black. What I believe is that other skin colours are native to Africa, specifically Northern Africa. Please watch these two short videos, especially the second one, and I would like to hear your comments.

ngm.nationalgeographic.com...

And what do you think of this picture that shows Egyptians distinct from Nubians? Please click the link for the pic.

www.touregypt.net...

Well as far as other skin colors are concerned. You have to remember, Black Africans can be naturally born in a variety amount of colors, from jet-black, to purple-black, to brown and even tan skinned. So while I'm open to the possibility that other ethnicities could possibly be native to northern Africa (namely some Arabs) i just dont see any evidence of that at all. Everything I've learned about non-black people of ancient Egypt tells me they originated from somewhere outside and eventually for whatever reason migrated to KMT.

As for the videos:

1. I have no respect for Zahi Hawass or the Egyptian gov't in regards to their handling of KMT sites and distribution of information. One of my best friends visited Egypt recently and told me how one his Arab Egyptian tour guides explained to him on the side how the Egyptians purposely hide most of the African aspects of ancient Egypt, and play up the more mixed society angle in order to not turn off their European clientele that make up the vast majority of the tourism there.

And i also find it funny that Zahi used the "fertility of the land" argument that I mentioned in one my earlier posts. It's an absolutely ridiculous argument that makes no sense at all (trying to link the black color of some statues of some of the pharaohs as some sort of indication to the fertility of the land). It further proves my point that he doesn’t know what he's talking about and is simply re-hashing already established "talking points."

2. The second video, i can't really disagree with what the guy is saying. At the end of the day it comes down to whether Arabs were also indigenous to the region [along with black-Africans] as i believe the only other possible candidate. It all comes down to whether the original ancient Egyptians were black-Africans with very diverse genetics or whether they were black Africans AND Arabs. And considering the fact that genetically speaking, black Africans are BY FAR the most genetically diverse race of people on the planet (All other races of humans stem from one small segment of the original black population) I think there is much more weight with the former argument.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Secondly, the Egyptian Pharaohs were fair skinned with light hair. Royal mummies dating thousands of years before Christ showed many had blond or light red hair.

The Egyptian Pharaoh’s were always very light skinned Caucasians, they did not mix with the darker skinned Caucasian population.

I have never heard this before. The majority of hieroglyphs depict a different characterization, one of a more brown skin. I have never seen a blonde haired, white skinned hieroglyph, could you reference one.

Laban which means white was the father-in-law of Jacob (Biblical). Lebanon also means white which was a mountain region. It is my understanding that whites primarily lived in the mountains. One reason being, is that very fair skin would not survive in its hot sunny regions.

Is there any documentation to support your claim of DNA being altered by geographical location alone?

In fact, Egyptian society was a true 'melting pot.' And even the earliest Egyptians shared physical characteristics of Caucasians, Asians, and Negroes.

Egypt is in Africa. Egypt was a melting pot because it was a major port for trade in ancient days. Therefore Egyptian skin color runs from dark to very light which could mean a mixture of different races with the African race. However, Egyptians are not preoccupied with skin color.

Are there any blue eyed Asians?

Japeth, son of Noah was the progenitor of the Gentiles (Indo-European and Caucasian races). Noah had blue eyes.

Could it be that we all did not descend from Noah? Is that where the term itself mixing/mingling of races came from and was Noah and alien or the offspring of a watcher. How could he have looked so different from his parents if his DNA was not altered?

[edit on 30-6-2008 by Siren]

[edit on 30-6-2008 by Siren]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Siren

Siren I am talking about the Pharaohs, not the majority of the populace. Of course the majority of the populace was darker, and no doubt they imported many black africans. However the Pharaohs themselves were light skinned. And those are the pharaoh's that were around even in 1500 bc.

Of course when Alexander the Great conquered Egypt around 300 bc he installed Greek rulers, and they remained until the last, Cleopatra. She was the first of the greek rules to actually LEARN to speak Egyptian, for 300 years the ruling families spoke Greek as their primary language.

Example, the country of India has many different ethnicities. The top tier, the Brahams, are almost completely (or if you ask them, they are completely) caucasian. They are the ruling class and they have been for a long time, they are ethnically different from much of the rest of India.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Sigh... another one of those "color" threads... but any who...

My eyes change color is this normal?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Great...confirmation of what I already knew - I'm a mutant.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

It appears your historical viewpoint is based on cinema which is a lie.

I have never seen a blonde haired, white skinned hieroglyph, could you reference one. You know, those pictures found with the artifacts, the cave drawings, the statues, etc.

Where are your supporting documents for your theory. Please post one picture that was not drawn by someone who would like to alter history. Why is the truth so hard.

Even historians found it hard, evidently, to utter the word African so they used Negro.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Siren

My viewpoint is not based on the cinema, and you can't base your viewpoint strictly on art. I was referring to the actual mummies of the ancient pharaohs. The link was posted earlier. In fact egyptian artwork used several different skin tones, and also had many pictures that clearly showed black africans not just in color but with different facial features.

www.jrbooksonline.com...

Here is a link discussing race and artwork, with various depictions of race. Egypt is right next to Saudi Arabia, if you look at the map the indigenous peoples were closer to Arabs than to black africans, and those traits remain today.

Oh and since you claim my views come from the cinema, are you saying that the last ruling dynasty was NOT Greek? Please do clarify, I seek to learn.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join