It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain Doesn't know the Price of Gas

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
What have the republicans done about the price of gas besides back the invasion another country on false pretenses to get their oil... and still the price keeps going up.

It is not a false dichotomy... if a politician wants my vote he'd damned well know what the average joe is facing or at the very least fake it.

Besides all of that I googled john mccain doesn't know the price of gas and it got 270,000 hits

so like it or not its worth discussing and far more valid a discussion about a politico than whether he wears a tie pin or not.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by grover]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Theres no other alternative

[edit on 28-6-2008 by Fett Pinkus]

[edit on 28-6-2008 by Fett Pinkus]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
The petroleum issue is possibly the most salient issue of the election.

I think this youtube explains McCains connection to the petroleum issue pretty well...

aww, won't work for me. YouTube "McCain Big Oil Lobbyist Campaign Contributor's"

[edit on 28-6-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
john mccain is the typical politician, talks about the "regular man", like he's actually ever been one. i doubt mccain has pumped his own gas in over a decade or longer.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Forgive me if this has already been pointed out, but he wasn't asked what the current price of gas is. It said this:

WISCKOL: When was the last time you pumped your own gas and how much did it cost?

This isn't really a matter of whether he knows that gas prices suck. It's a matter of him not remembering when he last had to pump his own gas because he is now under the protection of the Secret Service. He didn't think it was relevant because it would have been MONTHS ago that he did have to do it and whether he knows if it was $3.19 or $3.99 isn't relevant right now.

My dad started giving me the "Obama is a Muslim" speech recently and I stopped him and suggested that there are plenty of reasons to dislike him without having to resort to making up stuff. Isn't the same true for those of you who dislike McCain? I'm not a big fan of his, but if given the choice of taking him or Obama, I think I'll just have to hold my nose and vote for McCain.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
My family is from Denmark, and I will be moving back in the next 5 years for these reasons:

1) Paid School (ie. Gov pays you to PASS universtiy courses)

2) Wind Turbines, 18% of Denmark's energy comes from wind
www.crest.org...

3) 6 Weeks holiday

4) Free Health care, well sort of (high tax rate)

5) Crime free (relatively)

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
McCain can`t open his mouth without embarrassing himself.
its like he was Bush`s retard cousin or something.

it just laughable...

well not always Laughable ...
sometimes its downright SICK
youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
maybe interisting for you to know.
in east germany today I payed 1,60€ what is 2,52$ for one liter
this means 9,55$ for one gallone (if my gallone estimation is correct)
(1 petroleum barrel = 42 US.gal. = 9702 inch³ = 158,9872949 Liter)

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by shr4n

I actually had a very conservative friend of mine claim that we Americans were entitled to cheap gas... I replied, that he had been listening to way too much mush loosebowels... we have no such right.

I actually find the outrage over the current price of gas rather pathetically funny... after all Carter warned this was in the works 30 years ago... we had 30 years to change the way we do business but we didn't, we created the SUV and hummer instead.

We've brought it on ourselves and there is no point blaming the Arabs, or Indians or Chinese... the speculators, yes but that is another story.

.25 cent a gallon gas ain't coming back, nor to $2 or #3 a gallon and we might as well stop whining about it and do something about it besides invading other countries to pillage their resources.

That being said McCain should at the very least know that oil is over $140 a barrel and getting worse and he really should know (or have a general idea) what Joe Blow is paying for gas and how its making a mess of everything.

After all he is running for president and unless he has blacked out windows, or isn't paying attention its hard not to notice the prices.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by grover]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Another day. Another McCain slip. This guy is incredible. Incredible!
Out of touch or just stark raving mad?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I have a great idea.

In order to ward off the negative effects of these criminally high gas prices, we can do like Senator Mccain suggests and sell all of our personal belongings on eBay!!

That way we can still afford fuel to get to our jobs....at least while we still have jobs to go to.

Now that, my friend, is a sound economic plan if I ever saw one

John Mccain could care less about the price of gas, there is your reality.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Why should he know the price of gas? I am a republican but at the same time I am an American, these people don't live in our world they exist in a protected bubble outside of most of you and I.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Mc Cain is Funded by the Criminal Zionists who told him to pretend that he is deaf & blind.....Mc Cain just has to play along, otherwise he might as well jump into the nearest lake and drown....that's the ultimate price you have to pay, if you are so desperately willing to hold the head of the snake

www.iamthewitness.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

I'm not whining,
I hope the price will go even higher to a point where thousends of people can not longer effort to go/drive to work. It is already quite difficult if you earn just 1000€ a month and pay 250 for gas. (27km one way) once this day is there something will happen.

[edit on 28/6/08 by shr4n]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I wonder what obama's answer would be? More than likely something similar. I also think that if this question was asked of obama and he didn't know and someone called him on it, they'd be labeled a racist.

This is also not a shot at obama, I support neither of the candidates at this point. Just making a casual observation.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Temporarily dropping the gas tax is a terrible idea and I bet you would be the first one to yell when it goes back on and your gas price jumps back up 18¢ per gallon.
Grateful11

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I do not support McCain ... I abhor Obama... which means I will grit my teeth, close my eyes and vote for McCain.

But I do NOT condone attempts like Grover's to smear McCain (or the many many attempts at Obama). The question was NOT , repeat NOT, what was the current gas prices. The question, and Grover if you would take your head out of Obama's arse and reread the article you might actually understand it, states "When was the last time you pumped your own gas and how much did it cost?"

Not one question there about the current cost of gas. You are deliberately TRYING to smear McCain.

VV

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leapass
Why should he know the price of gas? I am a republican but at the same time I am an American, these people don't live in our world they exist in a protected bubble outside of most of you and I.

Yes, Yes, I know they live in a different environment but wouldn't it be nice
if an elected official knew how the people that voted for him and pay his salary thru their taxes, have to live.

This apologist attitude and worship of authority makes me wanna puke.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I honestly cannot understand how the next possible leader of the USA is so out touch. HUH? How can he not know? I wouldn't have voted for this jack anyway, but he totally lost my vote. My Mom suggested we all email the McCain website and tell them how out of touch this guy really is. But ya know what, it doesn't matter. Our votes count as much as doggy poo poo. Boo on McCain!
However....
for the post!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Unlike bogus Obama is a Muslim issues, this is real and it is affecting real lives...

You are just as bad as those that say Obama's a Muslim. You think this is different because your beliefs cloud your judgment.

And....

WISCKOL: When was the last time you pumped your own gas and how much did it cost?

DID. Past tense. I don't remember what I payed for gas in 2003. The OP and the Blogger, Chris Kelly, completely did not understand the question. Just reread the question until it clicks.

I loathe McCain btw.

EDIT: I just googled "Obama is a tool" and got 6,610,000 hits.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by DINSTAAR]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join