It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Very Scary, Very Disturbing Blog Post About The Coming 2008 Economic Crash

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
What a mudslinging contest this turned out to be...

Disregard the OP in every respect and just leave the thread title in its podition. Think about the validity of the statement. "A crash in the nearby future..."

A lot of people are hounding the hell out of other people for truly believing in another collapse. And do you know what? There were the same types of people before the Great Depression's onset in 1929. Think about it. Believe it or not.

Need you listen to some LAPD officer who had a "higher-up" uncle telling him what to do? No! All you need to do is look around you. The gas prices, the milk prices, wages going up, more taxes taken from salaries, bread prices rising, the housing market, the car market, etc.

And we may well linger on the hinges of economic catastrophe and rebound. We may get to the brink of crashing and crash. Who knows? I know I'm 18 and I have not a 401k Plan or good job benefits, but I can tell when the economikc climate is uncomfortable. I can see why people would dispute the predicted crash, but would anyone dispute that things are not right in the U.S. economy? Would anyone like to justify the fact that inflation has been occurring steadily for over 20 years? Does that mean rampant price hikes are going to stop? Does history not repeat itself? Step back and think about that much at least before you accuse others of being Masons or Instigators or Hopefuls. The economy is not in good standing right now, and it can go one of two ways.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Yup, Lets take the camps out of the equation. This give the masons of thread the inability to scoff and give hi fives to their brethern. Dealing with the finacial question of the collapse listening to the noted economist are of no value. Do they teach at the college level that the federal reserve is fraudulent ? Do college students come out of commerce with an understanding of fractional banking? The answer is no. Do you have to go along with everthing in that blog? of course not. Your not being a doom and gloomer if you sense an impending financial collapse. To do well as an econimist the more verbose the more success you will have.It's not hard to understand once you realize how the federal reserve really works. Your not going to get the real picture in the media. They want people to spend us out this mess. They tell you everything is fine.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by Swingarm]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by cashlink

Still reading this thread in its entirety, but I thought this was worth commenting on first:

Realize that a US economy collapse does mean a global economy collapse, period.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It's funny how it's always assumed by these radio talk show hosts and all the extreme right wing Chicken littles that we even have the means to buy gold or horde food! I'm in the computer field now and find it impossible to hold a support job that doesn't treat you like a complete slave, let alone compensate you for what you're worth when adjusting for CoL and inflation. I have no power to change my destiny even if the monetary system remains intact. I'm certainly not making money off the sheeple by telling them to buy gold, buy hemp, buy a water filter or pure bars of soap since I have no national forum to hawk these wares (I'm sure at least some of you know by these clues of whom I'm referring).

I'm on this board to seek the truth about aliens and the government cover-up of their existence and technology. That's the only thing left that concerns me and that by exposing will cause things on this planet to truly change. I'm already a wage slave, and have little invested, and I'm not married or have any children, so I consider myself free enough for now.
On that note, I'm not really sure where to start, so does anyone have sugestions on what to read or watch?

One more comment, the lead post has a link to City Data and I can assure you, their moderators have a policy against such rhetoric. I used to be a member and I was booted for a lot less. Why are they allowing this post to remain?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness
reply to post by eradown

Its all about probability. Is it "possible" that for once (finally) the doom and gloomers on ATS will be right and the end is nigh? Sure. Is it likely? No. The odds of the 0.000000000000000000000000000001% chance of the doom and gloomers being right on this, when there is no evidence and all signs point to sheeple just wanting to be "believers" of doom are pretty good in my favor. If we were in Vegas, I'd be all in on this being wrong and wouldn't blink.

While the doom and gloom scenarios are frequent and go back long before ATS or the internets, the 'doom and gloomers' were right about the recession. Not a lot of people believed it.

I have a good friend who just graduated with his 4 year degree from the university of Pittsburgh, and we used to debate this heavily. I told him about some of the economic forewarnings and he told me I read to much conspiracy ****. He took me seriously enough to ask his moms financial advisor about what I was saying and he said there would be no recession. He is an expert and he was dead wrong.

So while I totally agree about your 'what is possible and what is probable rhetoric', your math is pretty much pulled out of... lets say thin air to be cordial. You would have to take the number of recessions vs the number of depressions to arrive at your % probability. Since a depression is not possible due to the restructuring of the whole system due to the first great depression, a deression scenario would indicate total system failure.

According to the information I can find there have been 32 recessions, which would mean that there was a one in 33 chance that this one will end in catastrophic system failure (yes i have been dying to quote the architect, thank you), or about 3%.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by redboar

If you want to know some good reading material, check out "Patriots" by James Wesley, Rawles. It's really slanted towards the right end of the political spectrum, and the characters in the book are motivated by lawful and Chrisitan motives, but it's a plethora of information. Literally, the book has a plot and all that good stuff stereotypically found in fiction novels, but the author was in Army Intelligence for years and puts in little details about how the characters fixed up cars, planted vegetabels, ran power, secured their house, posted people on guard duty, learned about radio interceptions and general communications, and a whole lot more.

I just finished it, and I set the book down with an overall feeling of information.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I'm ready for it all to go either way... If it all clears up then there'll be more work and more stability for everyone and everyone's back to smiling and dreaming happy happy thoughts.

If it all goes wrong then there are those that are prepared, those that will struggle and those that will falter along the way..

I'm sure there are people giving prayers, thoughts, dedication and devotion to each and everyone in these times..

On top of all that I am reminded of a wonderful song by a very well known group..

The Doors; Riders on the storm

Riders on the storm
Riders on the storm
Into this house were born
Into this world were thrown
Like a dog without a bone
An actor out on loan
Riders on the storm

Theres a killer on the road
His brain is squirmin like a toad
Take a long holiday
Let your children play
If ya give this man a ride
Sweet memory will die
Killer on the road, yeah

Girl ya gotta love your man
Girl ya gotta love your man
Take him by the hand
Make him understand
The world on you depends
Our life will never end
Gotta love your man, yeah

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
saving fiat dollars or even foreign money is definitely futile !

since all fiat monies of every nation are going to decrease in value as
deflation sets in...

With all due respect...in an deflationary environment...currency values/ purchasing power increases...as asset classes deflate. In an inflationary, or hyper-inflationary environment, the opposite occurs.

Deflationary psychology anticipates lower prices in the future...encourages saving/currency hoarding. Conversely...inflationary expectations (current condition) anticipates higher future prices...encourages spending NOW/hoarding essential commodities like food-stuffs...investment in inflation resistant hard assets & stronger relative currencies (e.g. Gold/Silver...Euro/Cando gubmn't backed T-Bills).

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OMW24

My current favorite politician is Ron Paul, and my all-time favorite is Pat Buchanan, so I hear you. I just don't buy into this "run for the hills" mentality and I don't think it's right to sell merchandise based upon fear.

Thanks for the reference, but the information I seek is where to start with the details of the cover-up concerning alien existence and technologies.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by redboar

but the information I seek is where to start with the details of the cover-up concerning alien existence and technologies.

There's no shortage of that here. Can't you find any topics? It's best not to start that topic in this thread.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Swingarm

A little overwhelming, so I asked for a start! I saw this thread on the front page, hence my post.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
REPENT AND BELIEVE NOW BEFORE ITS TOO LATE. THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND AND IT COULD BE ANYTIME! JESUS IS THE ONE AND ONLY WAY TO BE SAVED!

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Here's a link to the atlas experiment site.

atlas.ch...

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Here's a link to the atlas experiment site.

atlas.ch...

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
wow how did that happen, sorry folks
I triple posted in the wrong thread.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swingarm
Yup, Lets take the camps out of the equation. This give the masons of thread the inability to scoff and give hi fives to their brethern.

Half of the masons in this forum are riding along the doom and gloom train right with you. Are they part of some sort of masonic conspiracy, or are the masons who aren't riding the doom train a conspiracy? I really wish people would spend 5 minutes doing real research (ie, not read only conspiracy blogs and websites) before saying something like this which is an incredible example of embracing ignorance.

Originally posted by Swingarm
Dealing with the finacial question of the collapse listening to the noted economist are of no value. Do they teach at the college level that the federal reserve is fraudulent ? Do college students come out of commerce with an understanding of fractional banking? The answer is no. Do you have to go along with everthing in that blog? of course not. Your not being a doom and gloomer if you sense an impending financial collapse. To do well as an econimist the more verbose the more success you will have.It's not hard to understand once you realize how the federal reserve really works. Your not going to get the real picture in the media. They want people to spend us out this mess. They tell you everything is fine.

Conspiracy theorists have done a excellent job with taking the Federal Reserve "conspiracy" and running with it. So much so that the sewage that comes out of the federal reserve conspiracy theorists mouths is almost completely separated from the truth. The federal reserve is NOT the root of all evil, it is not fraudulent, and fractional reserve banking is not responsible for the economic doom that the ATS doom and gloom crowd keeps trying to pin on it. It is a banking system, and as with all systems it has its problems.

College students DO come out with a understanding of the economy - which - surprise - the data show is cyclical. But who needs data, when we've got fear mongering...

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
While the doom and gloom scenarios are frequent and go back long before ATS or the internets, the 'doom and gloomers' were right about the recession. Not a lot of people believed it.

I have yet - in any of my examining the ATS archives - seen any economic thread which predicted anything less that total doom, gloom, and economic catastrophe. ATS members have been predicting the end of the economy as we know it every year, not a recession.

A recession has been predicted by economists for the past 5 years. It wouldn't really be a miraculous prophecy - because unlike this one - it has data behind it. Anyone who has seen the data or done 5 minutes of research knows it.

Just because someone has a college degree doesn't mean they represent the academy. The value of a college degree is nearly worthless - it has become an entitlement and is very easy to achieve. I do not doubt there are a ton of college graduates who would argue against a recession.

My math is quite right. Go to a statistician and ask him to work up the probability of utter economic doom and gloom in September, versus ALL OTHER ECONOMIC possibilities. You'll find I'm probably being generous.

Your wrong about how you'd figure out the ratio - and your proposed ratio is completely wrong. As you should recall from statistics 101, past evens hold absolutely NO weight on the probability of future events. What you would have to do is take the probability of a total economic collapse (1 economic event), out of the probability of all other economic events ranging from an economic boon to a national (but not global) economic depression. The variation between those extremities and the small gradations between them that would have to be counted is huge. This also assumes all events have an equal chance of occurring - the reality is that total economic doom has a less chance of occurring than the other events.

As I said, the reality is the percent I gave of the doom and gloomers being right is probably extremely generous.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Conspiracy theorists have done a excellent job with taking the Federal Reserve "conspiracy" and running with it. So much so that the sewage that comes out of the federal reserve conspiracy theorists mouths is almost completely separated from the truth.
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

Please dedunk the federal reserve "conspiracy" for me I'd love to here what you have to say

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Swingarm

No...this doesn't work that way. And its off topic, as this thread already is. If you want me to debunk something, present a supposed "conspiracy fact" in a different thread or by PM that shows the Federal Reserve is a conspiracy, and I will debunk it. Of course it won't mean anything to you, because all your facts are coming from conspiracy blogs and websites, and peer reviewed resources that debunk you wouldn't mean anything to you - in order to buy wholesale into the federal reserve conspiracy, you have to have very low standards of evidence.

I've noticed the "faithful" who believe in every conspiracy theory establish very low standards of proof to believe, but very high and often perversely backward standards are required by them to debunk.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join