It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Very Scary, Very Disturbing Blog Post About The Coming 2008 Economic Crash

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
In fact it will be worse than anyone could ever imagine .....not long off.

reply to post by windwaker

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them [the banks], will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." -Thomas Jefferson

This was posted as a boardmembers signature and reminded me why I bought and "paid for" land recently. Listen people. We are headed into a depression in 2009 and a subsequent world recession and the people in the know understand this well since they designed it...yes this whole financial scheme is a fraud on the worlds political stages....I know this to be true!! As a loyal American, it's very sad to see what the international banking families have done to this nation: stripping it of multiple rights supposedly constitutionally protected by the Bill of Rights, limiting freedom and controlling the medias interpretation of events to achieve a further agenda. It's all about control and the big money wigs want it for their OWN safety....because the truth is about to come out of the bag very soon...the guilty know whats at stake and there getting a little paranoid for good reason. This is the truth that is rarely if ever mentioned. Wonder why? Think about it for a while. It should come to you. If you let them control you by taking your freedoms away....FIGHT them...don't let these people control your destiny and turn you into a little pinion without a roost. Stand up and fight it hard and more importantly DIGG deep for the answers you desire. They are out there waiting for you to discover and set you free. I don't know about you but no one is taking my guns away...not without a fight. No one is going to control my water supply, energy intake, food consumption. I have my own fresh water and solar power and am growing my own food too. Hey, you can too!! You might want to start now cause our world is about to become a whole lot more agrarian if you know what I mean. The cities will become war zones of unprecedented crime committed daily. Leave the cities. I'm setting up homestead in Central America. I suggest you consider the same. A family needs about 10 acres to get by. Become independent in every way possible and you need not worry too much about the impending crash. Wow, there's way too much to be said here though my message is FIGHT and EDUCATE yourself or they'll do the educating FOR you and tell you how to live your life by the terms they set. I'd rather die fighting for freedom and justice than live under..uh..anyone for that matter. I respect most of the "written" laws but I expect it's interpreters to respect my rights as well inherent in the Constitution our country's citizens past and present fought so hard to establish and protect. Don't let a few control freaks....well freak you people out. Take control and fight back...its a natural law and your natural right to defend it....though it's also a natural desire for those of power to abuse it if not checked. You have to CHECK these desires and if they go unchecked, you have only yourself to blame. Demand and protect your inherent freedoms or suffer the consequences of a "matrix society". I've had to fight my whole life for my freedoms of which some will take away in some form or another for their personal benefit but only if you LET them. I don't see the average American putting up with this much longer. There's still quite a few who know and remember what America was/is all about and will be there to defend it. Don't tread on me means something. Show the international banking elites and other insiders who controls America. You need to remind them that they can't buy happiness..happiness comes from the act of giving; not taking. Teach one to fish. Every world power has met a drastic end because it is a violation of natural law for a force to attain too much power at the expense of it's constituents

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by xander68

O.K. google REx 84! Or cable splicer, or garden plot. See for yourself if we are all crazy. Fema concentration camps!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
hey ATS, this is my first post, been a reader on and off for a couple of years. today discovered that john lear is a member here, so decided you're not all lunatics

so the economy, this chart from the Fed (a data series called, what else, BORROW), says quite a lot about the current state of affairs...essentially the Fed has been swapping its money (treasuries) for junk mortgage backed securities for months now, and will be out of treasuries and purely in garbage paper (these MBS are worth perhaps 30% of their face value, if there is any market for them at all) within a year at the outside, at which point...well who knows, but you should certainly own gold and silver.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by uranian]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The last few months I find myself spending more at the grocery and bringing home less. Could it be that those of us at the bottom feel the pinch first.

Economic crisis called worst since 70s

"It is the most serious financial crisis of our lifetime," said billionaire investor George Soros, noting a growing effect on the U.S. economy as a whole, rather than just financial markets. "It is an idle dream to think that you could have this kind of crisis without the real economy being affected.

www.reuters.com...

Financial stress overshadows Fed outlook
Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:08pm EDT

Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke delivers the U.S. central bank's semiannual monetary policy report to Congress on Tuesday and Wednesday, just days after the Treasury and Fed were forced to intervene for the second time in four months to prevent a financial market meltdown.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch

Just remember, no matter what happens, it will be okay eventually. As long as most of us realize that we're all in this together. We just gotta be compassionate and giving in even times of lack, because that's just what it is about. Learn morality, people! There's no excuse for being a dick. Your inflated egos and tiny penises won't save you from God or yourself forever.

Just try being cool to everyone all the time, and man if we could all learn how to just be excellent to each other, we wouldn't even need these systems of control in the first place... so we would never have to be afraid of systems control collapsing in the first place.

Money exists because people forgot how to work together.

So.... this is society? A society that doesn't work with well with others, but rather works in spite of themselves.

That's some schizophrenic social behavior.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by dunwichwitch]

This is the best bit of advice if I ever saw it in writing and exactly the way I think as well. Look how long as people have we been living here on this planet ??? More then 100 years I will assume. So we now have what 9 Billion, 6 Billion whatever Billion number of people, so we have been around creating offspring exponentially for some time now. And I have to assume that for that bulk of human history they pretty much figured out how to survive and raise children without an ipod, or even a refrigerator in fact I think you could probably ask some indians in North America around 1615 if they thought the world was coming to an end because "shallow river" could no longer download that bootleg Coldplay song due to RIAA willing to sue his mockasins off of him....

Thousands of years humans had pretty major civilizations, without the internet and without cell phones. And here we are 2008 and we think the world is going to end in total anarchy because some paper money assests have vaporized in the pending financial melt down. Did your home instantly turned to dust at midnight ? Did they clothes on your back and shoes on your feet suddenly vanish ? How many pairs of shoes you have in your closet right now? go count them. Why don't you ask the average child in one of the various slums around Mexico or Central America how many "pairs" of shoes they own. Why don't you ask the average mother in a poor village in Africa how many CD's she has, or what her last car was or how many beds she has for her children to sleep on... more then likely she will point you to the dusty blanket on dirt floor and tell you her 3 kids sleep there, in their 1 room house that probably is no bigger then your kitchen in your own home...

And yet these people survive day after day for the most part working as a community, until the government or rebels empowered by some greedy persons wishing to dominate the country come into that town and destroy what little of life these people have collected.

And you feel like your world is ending because your portfolio took a dump or you can't drive ALL over town like you used to because gas is $4.00 a gallon.

Its all a mater of perspective, everything will be all right even if TSHTF everything will be all right if we are willing to work together. But if we are going to horde and deny thy neighbor then well we are truly doomed.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by robertfenix

Just try being cool to everyone all the time, and man if we could all learn how to just be excellent to each other,

I have lived that and it does not change the world. I look for that "live and let live" and it is rare.

everything will be all right if we are willing to work together. But if we are going to horde and deny thy neighbor then well we are truly doomed.

Your concept is altruistic, but, will only go so far. The problem is the greedy ones now, will become more greedy. Are they not the cause of many of the ills of society? Are they not the backbone of war and strife? I think discretion is called for. You don’t feed the snake that tried to kill you.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
greedy ones ie "money horders" are not working together... who are they working with only other people that facilitate them in their thirst to horde more money. Really who needs to have a billion dollars cash ? If milk was a quarter and gas was $0.50 a gallon would you still need a billion dollars ?

What if an average house costs $30,000 spread over 30 years in payments, would you still need a billion dollars ? what would you spend it on that would be a necessity for you or your families daily existence ???

This is the problem with our society, a demon we have left unchecked for far far too long.

We should cap the maximum personal income to like $100,000 a year and cap the total owned assets to $1 Million. And the government should set a uniform land valuation an acre of land in utah will cost the same as an acre in arizona or washington or even on long island and uniformly it will only appreciate in value equal to the total combined change in CPI but not to exceed 1% per year.

So now Company X with 500 employees could only have maximum of $50 Million in annual payroll all employees combined including owners, but at todays prices they would have had a net income of over $800 million already taking into account all operational costs.

Now lets say the government says business can only retain 10x payroll deposited in a government held pension trust plus 5x operational costs, any excess profits must be removed by either vesting into its employees total asset base, gifting to other companies or depositing the funds in a government held disbursement account.

Theoretically then 500 million deposited for future payroll or pension this would be equal to 10 years of pay for each employee, 5 years of operational costs even if the company did not sell one thing the next 5 years, any facilities operated by the company would remain opened and staffed. And possibly large individual "bonuses" to its employees in the form of assets holdings or cars, homes, land etc.

Any excess would go to the government to be handy out as needed.

price inflation would be rare since there would be no incentive to be able to have less "stuff". If your home costs $1million, then you could not legally also own a car or have cash in your name or own a tv or an ipod or a cell phone etc..

Obviously you could not own anything in the US unless you were a US citizen nor could you as a US citizen have funds in another country from business you conduct outside of the US.

You might say OMG this would never work imports from China would become super expensive no one could afford them, since we can only regulate the US economy regarding inflation. Good then no one will be able to afford to buy the goods, then guess what happens... price goes down and across the globe price goes down. China sells to US at $500 dollars but sells to europe = to $800.00 USD, so people buy in US and sell to europe at $650.00 USD, so people in europe buy the china goods from people in US since they get for $150.00 cheaper instead of buying direct from china for 800.00. While US gains $150.00 per unit sold.

So you say no way China will just sell to europe at $650.00 directly, good so US will sell to europe at $600 and make $100 etc etc

With tight currency control the dollar value to foreign market begins to rise, as each dollar represent a lot of purchasing power in the US this higher dollar value vs forex then makes lets say or $500 unit really worth $480.00 because the dollar now buys more won then previous. So now I make 120.00 on 600 sold to europe. For china when dollar go up then no problem if getting less dollars for goods sold to US because each dollar converted to won earns more won then previously earned. So they do not lose anything.

What if the company you worked for said, well we did really great this year and maxed out our earnings to the point where we do not have to do a single thing the next ten years because we maxed out the payroll for the next 10 years as well, so everyone go on vacation the next 5 years and we will pick up where we left off.....

So if you can not work more monetary income the next 5 years (if you were at the 100k income cap already) what would you do with your time? help people ? work for free ? run a business for charity ? do nothing ? spend money all day long ? 5 years is lots of free time to lose your money and with an income cap you can not earn anymore money so frivolous people will end up having to barter there assets for goods and services if they overspend.......

And they could apply for state aid for food or pay utilities but would have to be repaid by any assets they have if they do (such as a large lcd tv, or ipod or a laptop or excessive sports equipment etc) I imagine people would be more carefully in the following months to spend their income monies more carefully and with planning. When the state takes away their xbox and plasma screen as payment for food aid and to pay their utilities when they have a 100k income and just blew it on drinking or gambling the month before.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

I think you are right about it being worse. I and several members of my grove began getting disturbing visions about coming world events several years ago and I began keeping a book of pres journal about it. interestingly enough we also were given in those warnings things we could do to prepare. The banks will eventually fall as they did once before and we may well return to bartering. It is just one of many things that will happen over the next few years of what most of the psychic world is calling the earth changes combined with all the environmental issues of global warming/cooling climate change it will be a challenge for all to survive. if we are around after 2012 it will be interesting to see what sort of world we and our children inherit. the best thing is to not be fearful, just prepare as much as you can for a worst case scenario and live normally while believing for the best case scenario.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
reply to post by dgtempe

Yes, I researched this claim, and it's actually true. Halliburton has created several mega-prisons for use in different scenarios involving threats to national security:

Emergency detention plan: 'This way to the camps!'

But a prison that holds two million? Why on Earth would you need to build a prison that big, unless you intend to fill it?

I too have researched it out, and even saw one so called camp, in Indiana. I think they intend to lock up and probably kill off anyone like we are in here, anyone who talks Constitutionally, or talks about their rights, or carries a gun, and so on. What they want is slaves, and anyone who resists will be eliminated. Anyone mentally ill or infirm will be exterminated, and the rest will be put to work. They know the world is over populated, and this is one answer for them. BTW, when i say they, or them, I am talking about New World Order. But you already knew that.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
interesting information...but, its a fact that they are working together like they orchestrated the 1929 Depression sitting up a US military coup and WWII............fact.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgambill
interesting information...but, its a fact that they are working together like they orchestrated the 1929 Depression sitting up a US military coup and WWII............fact.

Jump for lifeboats? or just jump? It seems the time is upon us. And, yes, anyone who here so knows plucky knows that I am ready to jump. Has seemed like a strange and sickening ride. I mean, when you really think about that. So, do I have ATS to thank for increased anxiety? Yeah, but I also have myself, and I must...be...plucky.

Transformations are tough sometimes. I have a feeling we all get a dose of that on a mass scale, only it won't subside anything, only increase...death!

(The purple-prose contained within is the slice of the dice, and truly a reflection of a smeared-sliced heart...a bleeding crescent moon with apocalyptic debris end-trails...you know, standard fare.)

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Early this morning the National Australian bank
has released the devil on wall street

On Wall street today they are ash white

indeed overnight things have changed

all off balance sheets in all of the banks will now have to be included in the reported loses

1.5 T for Trillion will be added onto the pile to cover just the SIV portions of the loses of the banks
this means for those that can not understand it
That there is no bailout
there is no cash for businesses
there is only despair

I do not wish to scare people but prepare yourselves
riots and crime will be rampant as super markets begin to have shortages
in certain areas
expect mass layoffs
business foreclosures
and mass housing foreclosures
House prices will decline at least another 25%
at the least America is slipping into a deep and sustained recession the like of which no American has known
and more than likely it will be a great Depression
as the loses pile up

it will not be immediate you have a little time left to prepare
make your final preparations it wont be long I estimate sept- nov
all hell will break lose as the stock markets begin to crash and the
full ramifications begin to sink in.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by solo1]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Solo not so sure what you are talking about.

wall street is up this morning, as money flows from some commodity's into stocks

couldn't find any confirmation regarding All banks required to report off-balance sheet crap, you have a link?

i do agree that stocks will fall a bit further. The reason is that most analysts are lying/irresponsibly forecasting robust earnings growth for corporations thru 2009, this is more than wishful thinking. So as these forecasts bust either moderately or big time, money will flow into short term treasury debt and possibly back into commodity's

I would like to say that i do believe the Crash is occuring, i think it is inevitable with a fractional reserve lending system to have these periods, i believe in economic circles they are called (Kontratieff winters) and the establishment likes to use their occurance as a part of or a advantagous time to manipulate the mases. regarding the Prob-React- Solut model, "the problem" is often brought in at a time of the "k-winter" or is the k-winter itself and as leverage to incorporate the public's reaction do something! and the gov't solution GLOBAL Gov't/ Globalism NWO.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The only reason I am leery of this guys post on the forum is because seems to be regurgitating what was supposedly talked about in the congressional closed door meeting back in March that was leaked.

This has also been talked about on ATS: www.abovetopsecret.com

I'm sorry but I think that all this man did was take something that was being talked about to death on the net and changed it up so it would seem as if received some inside information from a reliable source.

Now, this doesn't mean this stuff isn't going to happen as we can already see that it seems as if it is. I just wanted to bring this to your attention.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I bookmarked that post at the beginning of the year and wanted to see what happened.

After what's been happening this week the guy is either a really good guesser or has some inside information.

What a coincidence that this is the middle of September and we've obviously just been set up for catastrophe by the combined leadership.

I'm afraid of what comes in Feb '09.

If anything we've been warned and can prepare to some extent, which is atleast a little better than the eternally optimistic ignorants who may be shocked and bewildered when the blade falls.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AtlantisAgain

Good job keeping up with what would have been a useless necro thread if it weren't for current economic events.

It will be interesting to see where this one goes, especially since I live in Los Angeles (on the outskirts so a quick getaway is easy).

Guessing the middle of September for this historic financial crash is uncanny although anyone could have guessed something like this was coming.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Uhhhhhh... SOMEONE HAS TRUE INSIDER INFO.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
It seems that the cookie is crumbling, just as has been said - in the middle of September. Well now what?
*echoes in an empty room*

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I hope the people who were trying to ridicule LAPD77 feel like jackasses.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join